Chapter 3

Underneath Tears...

Author POV

That night was the best night for Minji. Talking to her secret crush casually, having a dinner with him and knowing about him. She tried so hard the whole night, trying to contain her excitement and admiration towards Kai. She stuttered every time Kai praises her.

That night on the way home, she was so delighted. Although she knew that Kai might not remember her name, or does not even know that she is the nerd that sits by the corner herself, admiring his charm and looks, she is glad that she had talked to him at least once in her life. "This time might be the first and the last time, but that does not matter anymore." She smiled as she retrieved the photo back from the camera to have a look. "I hope you can at least look at me once and recognize me in school tomorrow. Please…" She whispered to herself, kissing lightly on the camera screen.

Your POV

As usual, I sat down in my own seat at a corner.

As usual, I looked around and no one notices me.

"I hope he comes in and talks to me…" I prayed, crossing my fingers together.

"Bam." The door opened, walking in EXO and Minseo. Kai put his arm over Minseo's shoulder and walked in last. I squeezed my own fingers, praying hard that Kai would recognize me. "Please…" I mumbled under my breathe. The slightest string of hope scampered past my heart when he looked in my direction. My heart was pounding so loudly that I was afraid that people might hear it. Much to my disappointment, he turned and walked to his seat with his girlfriend. My shoulder slumped in defeat as I turned to look at my textbook on the table. "He doesn't remember me…" I smiled bitterly to myself.

 

Kai POV

"Minseo ah." I called out to her softly as she leaned in my chest. "Yes oppa?" she answered, looking up to me. "Let's go onto a date after school. I have to make up to my girlfriend." I smiled. She nodded cutely and leaned back in my well-built chest. "I planned something special for you babe." I whispered into her ears making her giggle. "Anticipating, oppa." She replied as the teacher walked in.

School started as per normal. "Ringgggg" Its time for lunch. Everyone rushed out of the classroom when EXO approached us.

"Hey KkamJjong, joining us for basketball after school?" Kris hyung offered. I looked at Minseo packing her things before smiling, "I am sorry hyung. A date with my girl." At the corner of my eye, I saw her smiling shyly that made the corner of my lips curved upwards too. "Ahh… I see. Okay then, next time bro." Luhan hyung replied, giving me a teasing elbow. I rubbed the back of my nape awkwardly. "Good luck dude." They all wished me one by one softly, as they walked off.

"Good luck for what oppa?" she asked me innocently after they all went. "You will know babe." I responded, seeing the back view of the nerd at one corner like some other days. *A nerd is always a nerd. Forever studying.* I smirked a little, holding my girl's hand before heading to the café.

After school, we walked out of school together, driving her to our secret place before blindfolding her. I led her up to the rooftop which was prepared and decorated beforehand. Slowly, I took my hands off her eyes, giving her a surprise. The moment she saw the dining table full of her favorite food, her lips curved into a grin as she turned to kiss me on the cheeks. "Thank you oppa." She ran to the table and looked around. "It's so beautiful~ with balloons, flowers. When did you do this oppa?" She looked at me with watery eyes. "Aigoo babe," I walked up to her. "Does it matter? As long as you love it, it's enough for me." I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me, wiping her tear off with my thumb. "Baby, don't cry~" I sang, kissing her forehead.

"Baby, do you love oppa?" I abruptly asked her. She looked up at me from the hug and nodded, "Of course oppa." That was exactly the answer I wanted to hear all these time. I released from the hug and kneeled with one leg in front of her, taking out a box with a diamond ring in it. "Jung Minseo, will you marry me?" She covered with both her hands, widening her eyes to my sudden action.

After a few minute of silence, she nodded her head carefully, "I am more than willing to, oppa!" I jumped in delight as I slide the engagement ring into her middle finger, kissing her on the lips. "Oppa, I will love you with my life." She confessed as I pulled her for a tight hug. "I will too, babe."

I spent the whole day with my fiancé as we finished the food on the table. The night fell as we looked up to see the stars. The scenery was wonderful, indeed perfect. My beloved fiancé by my side, with the sparkling stars as company.

"Oh baby, I still have something for you." I started as she turned to look at me. From my back, I took out another box, but this time its bigger than the previous one. "What's this?" she asked. I slowly opened the box, revealing a silver diamond necklace that she wanted all along. "Oh my gosh! This necklace…" a lump of words were stuck in as she hugged me. "Happy birthday my lady, I am sorry I couldn't come with you yesterday but this is my make up to you. I love you." I chuckles in satisfaction as I hugged her back.

 

Minseo POV

He put on the necklace for me as I look at it. *Aha, now I have everything I want. Diamond ring, diamond necklace. Next step if I get married to you, I will get a house.* I laughed evilly to myself inside as I hugged him once more. "Thank you oppa, I really don’t mind you not coming yesterday~" I said "cutely". *I hope you don’t celebrate my birthday with me every year…* I mentally snarled. "Babe, but I want to. I promise to give you the best wedding." He chuckled and my hair. I nodded and kissed him on the cheeks. *I will be rich and famous after I get married with him. Then I can take the money to go around the world with Dongjoon.* I smirked lightly.

 


Guys, my next chapter is up~ hope you guys like this chapter~ I will try to post my next chapter later, because I am writing it now~ <3

Hot kkamjong~

<3