Chapter 5

Underneath Tears...

Author's POV

As usual, Minji put on her thick framed spectacles with piles of books on her hands and started walking to school. With her nerdy appearance, everyone tend to stay away from her, thinking that she is a problematic student. As per normal, she settled herself on the chair, tilting her head towards the door to lie down on the table. She recalled about the scene at Jongin's house yesterday night, and his growling face just made her shiver. Just then, EXO walked in again with Minseo. There was a mixed feelings in her, anger, envious, terrified yet sad. She hoped that she could be Minseo that Jongin loved so much, yet she was terrified that Jongin would hate her forever. Just then, EXO budged in, making Minji  fear that they would recognize her. She immediately turned her back at them when she received a text message from her umma. "Remember about the dinner with Kim's family tonight after your school. Change into the dress that Mrs. Kim bought for you the other time. Don’t be late." She sighed as the thought of seeing Jongin again strived her. She took a glance at the purple dress that Mrs. Kim bought for her at the previous dinner with Kai. She took a quick look at Jongin with the corner of her eyes once again before turning back to the whiteboard when the teacher walked him.

Kai POV

My mood was bad the whole day. I was hugging Minseo beside me but my heart was totally not for her. My mind was filled with all the words from my appa and that Minji girl. "Oppa?" Minseo called out to me which cut my thoughts. "Yes, babe?" I replied immediately. "Are you okay? I called you many times already…" she looked at me worriedly, caressing my cheeks. "I am fine babe, maybe just lack of sleep." I smiled and kissed her softly on her forehead. "Oppa, I wanted to ask you if it is good to put our marriage on next Sunday. What do you think?" this topic immediately caught me off guard. *How am I supposed to tell Minseo that I have to marry another girl? I am the one who proposed to her!* I stared at her blankly before nodding my head. "G-Good, it’s a good date…" I lied, faking a smile. Seeing the excitement in her eyes just pierced through my heart, making me harder to tell her the truth. She flipped through the wedding book that she bought when I received a text message that turned my mood worse. "Jong in, there will be a dinner tonight with the Kang's family. Whether you like it or not, you have to come." I mentally cursed as I threw my phone into my bag harshly. "What happened oppa?" Minseo turned to me. "N-Neh? Ah… Nothing. I was just thinking about the wedding." I replied uncertainly but she accepted my answer.

Minseo POV

Very soon, school was over and I gave some excuses to Kai oppa and finally I am off from EXO. "Those irritating …" I scowled after leaving the group. I quickened my steps towards the secret back staircase to find Dongjoon, my real boyfriend.  I opened the door carefully, wanting to give him a surprise when I saw him sitting on the steps, looking down onto the floor, showing a really disturbed look. My smile instantly turned into a frown. "Oppa?" I called out as I carefully walked towards him. He looked up before standing up, came running to me and held my hands. "I heard that you are getting married to Jongin. Is it true?" he blurted out. I signed and nodded. "WHY?! I just promised to let you go near him for his fame and money, not for you to love him for real!" he shrieked. "I DON'T! Never will I like him. Really." I denied. "Then why do you have to marry him? Why do you have to leave me?" he cried. "I am not ganna leave you… But I can't drag it any longer. I cannot break up with him now. There is no turning back already, oppa." I explained. "I don’t care. I can’t bear to see you with another guy and getting married. BIG NO! if that’s the case, I shouldn’t have let you go near him." I could still feel the anger in his voice even though he tamed down. "It's not about this now, oppa. We are just one step away! Kai loves me to death and I believe he will be able to give me money and fame! With the big sum of money, we can elope together! Out of Korea and start all over again! Isn't this what we wanted from the start? Don’t ruin it oppa." I replied firmly. "This means that you will not leave him no matter what I say?" he rebutted. I sternly nodded my head. "You have changed… a lot." He smirked dreadfully as he ran past me, disappointed. I was standing near the edge of the stairs with folded arms when his shoulder accidentally knocked into mine as he ran past me and out of door. I let out a short high-pitched scream as I instantly lost balance and tumbled down the flight of stairs. I ended on the floor, crying in pain, while trying to call Jongin oppa with my phone. I managed to punch in the numbers with my trembling fingers and managed to speak and tell him the exact position I am in with croaky voice. I held onto my swollen ankle, crying in pain.

Minji POV

After school, I decided to quickly go get changed in to night gown that Mrs. Kim had bought for me. Walking with the dress in my hands, I decided to go to the toilet that is near the secret back staircase that only a few people know. Hanging my head low, I walked quickly, trying my best to not let anyone see me. I walked past the stairs, seeing a guy ran out and heard a high pitched scream. "Who could it be?" I started to panic as I stood rooted to the ground for a moment, before making my steps carefully towards the stairs. Slowly, peeping from behind the walls, I saw that it was Minseo. *It's her?! Who is that guy?* I walked out and stood there while Minseo looked up to look at me. "A-Are you okay?" this sentence was the only one I could squeeze out. As much as I wished to run down the stairs to help her up, my legs wouldn’t move. I could feel the pain from her tears that was rolling down her cheeks.

Kai POV

After receiving Minseo's emergency call, I flew to the staircase that she told me. "Why is she there?" I mumbled to me as I quickened my steps. "Please be safe." I prayed as I ran up the flight of stairs. Seeing her lying down on the floor, I quickly ran to her to help her up, letting her upper body lean on mine. "Babe…" I whispered. "Everything will be alright… what h-" Just when I was about to ask, I looked up and saw a figure standing at the top of the flight of staircase. "The nerd?" I asked. She did not reply, standing there like a wooden block. I realized the dress on her hands which looked familiar. Recalling back to the dinner when my mom bought the same dress for the girl named… Minji. I looked up abruptly as I shouted at her. "YOU ARE MINJI?! THE ONE WHOM I ATE WITH? THE ONE WHOM I AM GOING TO MARRY?!" my eyes widened as I shouted. She was taken aback by my sudden raise of voice as she quickly scampered out of the door.

"She is the one who pushed you down?" I looked at Minseo with worried eyes. "Don’t blame her… its just an accident, oppa." She said slowly. "SHE DID THIS BECAUSE SHE IS JEALOUS! I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS SUCH A PERSON! WHY ARE YOU STILL HELPING HER? SHE DOESN’T DESERVE IT!" I yelled. "It's okay oppa. My ankle should be fine… don’t blame her… its not her fault." She pleaded. "Why must my baby be so kind-hearted?" I kissed the top of her forehead and carried her bridal style to the nursing room.

 

Minji POV

I ran out of the door and ran to the toilet, crying. "Why?! I wasn’t the one who pushed her down. Why must she do this to me? And now Jongin knows that I am that girl. I am screwed." I washed my face several times to cool myself down and quickly changed into the dress. "Minji, you can do this. Endure it…" I took a deep breath and quickly proceed to the restaurant.

Upon reaching the venue, Kim's family and my parents were already there. After an hour or so, Jongin finally arrived. "Finally, Jongin. We are all waiting for you." Mrs. Kim clapped.

"I am here to say that I want to cancel this marriage, FOR REAL." He announced sternly. Everyone gave him an unbelievable expression while I just looked down on the floor. "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! MAKE UP YOUR MIND AND SIT HERE TO EAT THIS DINNER WITH US!" Mr. Kim scolded.

"NO! I WILL NEVER MARRY HER!" he turned to me, pointing right into my face. "YOU HAVE THE CHEEK AND MOOD TO SIT HER AND EAT THE DINNER WITH OUR PARENTS AND TALK ABOUT OUR WEDDING WHEN YOU HAD JUST PUSHED MY GIRLFRIEND DOWN THE STAIRS?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A BUT NOT TO THIS EXTEND! WHAT IS IN YOUR MIND, . PUSHING HER AND HURTING HER MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER? SHE IS INNOCENT AND SHE IS MY ONE AND ONLY LOVE. ME AGREEING TO THIS MARRIAGE DOESN’T GIVE THE POWER TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT AND TO CONTROL ME. NOW, I AM HERE TO CANCEL THIS WEDDING WITH YOU, LITTLE . I WARN YOU NOT TO COME NEAR ME OR MINSEO, IF NOT I WILL RETURN THE CONSEQUENCES… DOUBLE." His fuming eyes just made my heart lost and terrified. I had never seen him like this before. My heart cramped like a piece of paper being squashed. *It wasn’t me… it really wasn’t me…* I cried silently as I see him walk out of the VIP room  furiously. "KIM JONGIN!" Mr. Kim tried to stop him but it was of no use. I collapsed into my chair as I cried into my palms that was covering my face. "It really wasn't me…" I mumbled. "Please believe me..."


OMG GUYS, I AM SO SORRY BECAUSE I WAS SO BUSY! SORRY BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER! Please anticipate and I will update as soon as I can! Have a great time reading <3 gimme some feedbacks after that! <3 Bye! <3 

Maknae line <3 EXO-L <3