Chapter 11

Underneath Tears...

 

Author POV

It’s another ordinary Saturday as Minji woke up from the sofa due to a slight ray of sunlight shining through the gaps of the curtains. She slowly sat up from her sleeping position before remembering that Kai was in the house. She immediately shot her sleepy eyes open and went up to their room, hoping to see Kai’s sleeping body on the bed. She hoped they could be any other ordinary couple whereby she can casually wake Kai up and have breakfast together.

Much to her dismay, the moment she opened the room door carefully after knocking a few times, it was an empty bed greeting her. Kai wasn’t there already. Kai left the house without tell her. He surely saw her sleeping on the sofa but he did not bother. All those negative thoughts crashed her high hopes once again as she closed the door.

She made her way to the kitchen to make herself a simple breakfast before preparing herself to visit her Kai’s mom in the hospital.

Your POV

I arrived at the hospital that Kai’s mom was admitted to with some congee and chicken soup. It has been a week since Kai’s mom stayed in the hospital. I went in to her ward, seeing her lying on the bed, looking pale but much better from the earlier days. I smiled faintly at her before moving closer to help her sit up from her bed.

“Where’s Kai?” she asked softly while she pushed herself up from the bed with my help. “Erm… he’s out.” I replied shortly. “Oh…” I thought she was going to stop here. “To find Minseo?” I paused at her question and nodded slowly, avoiding her eye contact. I heard her let out a soft sigh. “This kid…”

I went over to the table to get some congee for her before having her medicine. I scooped some into a small bowl before handing it to her. She grabbed my hand warmly as she signalled me to sit down. “Minji ah, I know you are a nice girl. Many things are happening now at the moment but I hope you can hang on. You can tell me if Kai ignores you. I know he is in love with the Minseo girl and Sehun has told me everything that had happened these days. I know it’s difficult on your side, but I hope you can just endure it through while Sehun and I will try our best to sort it out for you, alright?” she tightened her grip as she looked at me with full of sincerity. I nodded slowly while handing her the bowl of porridge in my hands. She smiled and took it over while the door clicked open.

Kai POV

“Minseo,” I called out to her while driving. “Do you want to go and visit my mom in the hospital? It has been a long time since you saw her.” She nodded immediately and smiled, “Sure, oppa. Should we go get something before visiting your mom? Like food or flowers?” I shook my head, “Mom’s not fancy of flowers, but maybe we can buy some food for her.” I suggested and she nodded.

We decided to get some soup for her in the end before leaving for the hospital. As we arrived, we went straight to my mom’s ward and opened the door. I could feel that Minseo was a little nervous as she held my hand more tightly. My lips curved into a small smile as I opened the door.

“What are you doing here?” I instantly blurted out when I saw Minji sitting beside my mom on the bed. She stood up quickly and gave Minseo and I a little bow. “I-I came to visit y-your mom.” She carefully replied. “Since you said she is my mom, then what are you doing here?” I raised my voice a little. “Kim Jongin! Stop being rude. She came here much earlier than you.” Mom snapped as she put the bowl in her hands on the table.

“I-I think I should get going.” She bided mom and us goodbye before scrambling out of the ward without more words.

I placed the soup that I have bought on the table before turning to my mom. “Did she make you all these?” I asked while mom just nodded, not giving me much attention. “Mom, Minseo’s here.” I quickly introduced Minseo as she was standing behind me quietly all these while.

Mom just nodded to acknowledge her existence. “Hello, Auntie.” She greeted my mom while putting a small basket of fruits on the table that she wanted to buy for mom to show her concern. The atmosphere was awkward so I cleared my throat.

“Mom, are you feeling better? Are you full already?” I started up the conversation. “I am feeling much better and the doctor said that I can be discharged in a week’s time.” She replied.

“Oh anyways, what brings you here Kim Jongin?” she answered me the most ridiculous question on earth. “I am here to visit because you are sick. And I brought my girlfriend with me to visit you.” I continued. “You are having a wife soon, Jongin ah.” Mom acted like she said it casually, but I know exactly what her intention was. “Mom.” I called out firmly while taking a few glances at Minseo to see if she’s okay. Mom acted as if she did not listen and lied back down on her bed. I helped her a little.

“I think I will get going, Oppa.” Minseo cut the awkward silence that had lasted for so long. “So fast?” I immediately pleaded for her to stay a while more. “I suddenly remember I have something on, I need to go now. Rest well, Auntie.” She left after greeting goodbye. I wanted to rush out to go after her, “You love her so much?” mom’s voice rang behind me. “Mom.” I started off sternly. “You know that I love her more than anything else or anyone in the world.” She let out a sigh before speaking again. “But you promised me that you will marry Minji. Keep your promise Jongin.” She reminded me of the most dreadful truth ever.

“I will marry Minji for the sake of the company or whatever. But that doesn’t mean that I will give up on Minseo. Me and that Minji girl is nothing. She promised to divorce with me after a year.” I let out a soft sigh. “I am sorry, Mom. I am need to get going.”

Minseo POV

I rushed out of the hospital as fast as possible. “Stupid . I will never let that freaking Minji be Kai’s wife.” I cursed under my breath as I stomped towards the taxi stand. “How dare that old woman be so rude to me. Kai is mine. Definitely mine.” I smirked a little while sitting on the taxi to go home.

Just then, I received a text from Dongjoon.

“Meet me now at the alley near your apartment.”

I asked the taxi driver to stop by somewhere near the alley. I quickened my steps to the alley and saw Dongjoon leaning on the wall.

“Oppa!” I called out to him with a smile and ran to hug him. “I missed you.” I pouted, breaking the hug. I looked at his facial expression and it wasn’t good. “Something wrong, oppa?” I asked him worriedly.

He looked up, straight into my eyes. “Tell me, Jung Minseo. Do you love Kai or me?” he asked firmly. I let out a small smile before taking his hands into mine but he flung them off. “Answer me.” He continued as I could feel angry boiling within him through his eyes.

I sighed, “I love you.” He let out a small pitiful laugh. “Oh really? Then why are you going to marry Kai when he is going to have a wife soon? You know he wouldn’t give up on you even if he is marrying that girl. Then why are you breaking their relationship? Why are you insisting on marrying Kai?”

I am kind of pissed off at his immaturity. He is raging over the fact that I am marrying Kai while I am here working hard for the two of us? “You know that being his wife is the safest way to get all his money. Giving me money to spend is not enough. I need to get hold of some of his cash under my name in order to flee with you, oppa. Do you understand?! And that Minji girl is getting into my way. I will go anything to get rid of her. I mean, ANYTHING.” I continued, folding my arms in front of my chest while taking a step back.

“Why are you hurting someone innocent? There is nothing to do with that Minji girl. Come back to your senses, Minseo ah.” His words crossed my line of tolerance. “ARE YOU KIDDING ME, JEON DONGJOON?! YOU ARE TELLING ME THIS NOW?! WHEN I AM A STEP CLOSER TO MY SUCCESS? YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SUPPORTED MY PLAN AND NOW YOU SAY THAT I AM HURTING INNOCENT PEOPLE?” I couldn’t believe my ears. What on earth is he thinking?

“I supported you but I didn’t know you will go this far. I thought you are just going to get some money from Kai. I DIDN’T KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO MARRY HIM AND HURT ANOTHER INNOCENT GIRL!” he raised his voice a little. “What do you mean by her being innocent? She is not innocent. I wouldn’t have thought of ruining her life if she didn’t interfere my plan. She deserves it.” I smirked while looking at him. “Are you scared now? You want to back up? I forgave you when you pushed me down the stairs because I love you. Now I am one step away from our success, oppa. After all these, we can live aboard and start anew.” I smiled, holding onto his shoulders. “Hang on, oppa. I will be your forever.” He sighed while removing my hands from his shoulders, holding them tightly.

“But I can’t bear to see you with Kai everyday. Sticking to him like he is your world. I miss those times when you are beside me every second and we can chat about everything under the sun. I miss the old you…” he confessed. “I didn’t change, oppa. I am still here for you. Believe me. I will be back by your side once I am done dealing with that stupid y Minji and that pabo Jongin. Wait for me…” He nodded, “Can you at least meet me once a week? I want to at least see you once. I missed you so badly.” I smiled and hugged him.

Sehun POV

I was so frustrated with my homework and decided to go to the convenient store to grab some snacks. “Aish. Math is just not my thing.” I complained while ruffling my hair. Half of my brain was thinking about the upcoming exams in three weeks while half of my brain was thinking about the mysterious guy that pushed Minseo down the stairs. I believed in Minji but I couldn’t find any suspicious guy around Minseo. All she had was just Jongin, Jongin and Jongin.

I was walking past a small alley when I heard voices coming out from there. At first I thought it was just a couple quarrelling, so I decided to just walk past them. Just as I was about to walk past, I overheard some of the conversation.

“I supported you but I didn’t know you will go this far. I thought you are just going to get some money from Kai. I DIDN’T KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO MARRY HIM AND HURT ANOTHER INNOCENT GIRL!” a guy said.

What?! Kai? Jongin? I quickly walked past and hid myself behind the wall to prevent them from seeing me. What happened to Jongin? I thought to myself as I carefully peeped from the side of the walls to look into the alley. From quite far, I saw a somewhat like a couple quarrelling.

But after having a closer look by squinting my eyes, I was sure that the girl is Minseo. The way she dresses and her voice. Their conversation continued and it was all about how to cheat on Kai for his money and how to shoo Minji away. “I need to let Kai know the true colours of Minseo.” I mumbled under my breath. My hands clenched into a tight fist to calm myself down from confronting them.

In a split second, I took out my handphone to secretly take a video of their conversation, making sure that I wouldn’t get caught.

Kim Jongin, it’s time for you to wake up… I thought to myself. 


Hello guys, here's another chapter~ I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and have a great week ahead ^^ Please subscribe and upvote! Thank you for your support!

EXO MONSTER and LUCKY ONE are bae <3