Chapter 7

Underneath Tears...

Author POV

Minji's nightmare in school continued as the news had spread across the entire school in just a day. Everyone started to give her many nasty nicknames like "Min ", "Glue ", "Two-Faced". Her life was miserable in school as ever since the incident broke out, she had no friends, no table mate, no freedom and no rights. She sat alone in the garden during rest time when her phone rang.

"Minji, come home after school and pack you things. Mr. and Mrs. Kim are fetching you to your new house. Bye!" was all Minji's mother said. She didn’t have time to react nor did she has time to reply. She silently hung her phone and sank into deep thoughts. "Looks like the nightmare is not ending any sooner."  She gathered her notes and books, heading back to the classroom for the second half of the dreadful lessons.

"Finally," Minji mumbled softly as the bell went off. She quietly packed her bag, making her way home as told by her mother.

"Umma! I am back." She shouted to acknowledge her mom as she walked in slowly. "Oh, you are back! Quickly go to your room and pack your things! Mr. and Mrs. Kim will be here in an hour." Minji's mom exclaimed as she continued her cooking. "Where am I going? What new house?" Finally, Minji got her change to ask. "Your new house with Jongin! we bought you two a mansion as a wedding gift! Stop asking so much and pack your things!" Her mom shooed her. "B-But… I don’t want to go there!" She whined pitifully, hoping her mother will allow. "We have no choice, Minji ah. In fact, isn't Jongin getting more familiar with you already?" Minji's shoulders sank upon hearing his name. She quietly obeyed and went up to her room. "I have to stay with him? Really?" she sighed, putting her clothes and accessories reluctantly. Soon, after her lunch, she set off together with Jongin's parents.

She stepped into her new house for the first time. Just like a lost kid, she wandered around the elegant yet empty house. "Is Jongin going to come over now?" She blurted out, turning to face Kai's parents. "We called him, but not sure if he is really coming." Kai's dad answered. She nodded faintly, knowing exactly the reason why Kai was not planning to move in.

Kai's mom went up with Minji to show her their room. "This will be your room with Jongin." She introduced. The room was cozy and nicely prepared. All the furniture were placed in the perfect manner, everything seemed so right. But that didn’t cheer Minji up. Despite the beautiful house in front of her, her heart was gloomy and dreadful. She slowly made her way back to the living room, facing the two smiling adults.

"So how do you feel about the house? Do you like it?" Mr. Kim asked. "Ne…" Minji replied with a fake faint smile on her face. "Great!" Mrs. Kim clapped her hands. "You can unpack your things and wait for Jongin to come over. We will get going first." They bided goodbye to her and left the house. Minji quietly slammed herself on the comfy sofa. "Is this going to be my married life? Lonely in such an enormous house?" she cried silently.

Kai POV

I was pushing Minseo's hair softly from her sleeping face when my phone rang again. "Aish…" I cursed as I slowly remove Minseo from my lap and went out to the balcony to answer the call.

"Yobuseyo?" I answered, irritated. "Yah Jongin, where are you? Your wife had already moved into the house! Why are you so late?" Dad shouted across the phone. "I told you I am not moving in with her! There is no way I am going to live with her! I cannot!" I raised my voice a little, trying my best not to wake Minseo up. "Get your here right now! It’s a command!" He ordered. "NO WAY! I said I won’t and I will keep my words!" with that, I hung up my phone and went back to the bed. Minseo was already wide awake and she was sitting on the side of the bed.

"So you are going to go and live with her?" she bitterly asked without turning her back to face me. I ran over to her side. "No, never." I assured her. "I will never live with her. I only want to live with you." I emphasized firmly. "But you will have to marry her one day. Sooner or later." She sulked. I kneeled down in front of her, "No, I only want to marry you. You and only you. Please believe me. I will try my best to persuade my parents." I swore. "You will fall for her one day." She looked down, playing the blanket. "I will never win her… she is so sweet and so many people are protecting her, even EXO. She must be so perfect…" her voice trailed off. "NO! never! I will never fall for her. I will never forget how she had hurt you. I will never forgive anyone who tried to hurt you. Never." I promised her. "Believe me, Minseo ah. Please." I lifted her chin before leaning in to kiss her. "Believe me. I will never forgive her." I mumbled as I felt her relax from my touch.

Minji POV

I was wandering around the football field-sized living room when the doorbell rang. I quickly went to get it. One part of my heart hoped that it was Kai. I slowly opened the door, revealing the rest of EXO. I was kind of shocked, not expecting them to come over.

"We are hosting a house warming for you!" Baekhyun oppa cheered as I invited them in. I smiled a little as the dreadful house got a little more lively. "Where's Jongin?" Kris oppa asked which caught me a little off guard. "I…I don’t know…" I replied softly. "Has he moved in with you?" he continued questioning while I just shook my head. He gave my shoulder a pat, "It's okay. We will have the party without him." He smiled a little and went to the kitchen to prepare the ingredients.

"STEAMBOAT!" Kyungsoo oppa announced as he served the plate of meat on the table. We sat on the long glass table, opening the two big steamboat pots. "Eat well!" we shouted and started invading all the food prepared by EXO.

"Thank you oppa…" was all I could gather in my thoughts while eating. "For?" Suho oppa asked with a mouthful of rice. "For making my mood much better and making this house much livelier." I smiled while eating. "I wished I could live here everyday! I really don’t mind coming here everyday." exclaimed Baekhyun oppa. Everyone chuckled at his statement and everything was perfect when my phone rang.

"Yobuseyo?" I answered carefully. "Are you Mrs. Kim Shin Yeon (Kai's mom's full name [I made this up])daughter?" the woman over the phone asked anxiously. "I am her daughter-in-law." I replied seriously. "Could you please contact her son as soon as possible and rush to the hospital? She has fainted awhile ago." The woman requested across the phone. "N-Ne…" I stammered, registering the situation.

"What happened?" they all asked me after I had put down the phone call. "Kai's mom… fainted…" I swallowed a lump of saliva. They were all startled as we rushed to the hospital at once.

On the way, I kept calling Jongin but he wouldn’t answer. "Why isn't he answering?" I hung up the phone worriedly. My hand was shaking as I dialed in the number when a hand held me to stop me from trembling. "Relax. It's ganna be ok." He said. I nodded as I calm down my fast-pounding heart. "Thank you Sehun." I mumbled as he let go off me, turning his gaze to outside the window.

 

Kai POV

My phone kept ringing when Minseo and I were having dinner. I took  a look at the number when I realized it was Minji's. I immediately hung up the phone without listening. "Why are you not answering, oppa?" Minseo asked while eating her steak. "It's Minji. I bet she is begging me to go stay with her." I shrugged my shoulders and turned my phone into silent mode. "Maybe she has something urgent?" she suggested. "Nothing is more important than you." I smiled cheekily as I pecked on her red cheeks.

 

Author POV

Everyone was waiting outside the special check-up restlessly. "Why is Kai not here yet?" Xiumin hollered. "I will call him." Luhan offered as he dialed in Kai's number. "YAH JONGIN! GE T YOUR TO THE HOSPITAL NOW! YOUR MOM IS IN THE CHECK-UP ROOM!" Luhan roared into the phone. It was the first time everyone saw Luhan this mad.

Kai instantly dashed to the hospital as told. "Where is umma? Where is she?" he yelled at the rest of the EXO members when he just reached. "CALM DOWN! WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED NOW WHEN YOU ARE THE LAST ONE REACHING HERE?" Kris exploded as he grabbed Kai's collar. Kai flung Kris's hand off as he moved to Minji. "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?!" he growled. "I did!" she weakly shouted back. "But you didn’t answer." She added on. "THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE TEXTED ME SAYING THAT IT WAS URGENT!" he howled back. "WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT HER WHEN YOU WERE THE ONE HANG UP HER CALLS? SHE ALREADY TRIED NOT TO DISTURB YOU AND LET YOU BE WITH YOUR MINSEO! WHAT ELSE DO YOU EXPECT HER TO DO?!" Luhan yelped. The group of people went silent after that, until the doctor came out of the special check-up room, breaking the silence.

"Her conditions are stable now. But we found an unknown tumor in her brain. She will be moved to normal ward till we verified her conditions further." They thanked the doctor before proceeding to the ward that was arranged for Kai's mom.

The nurse walked out when the whole bunch of people arrived outside the ward. "Mrs. Kim said she only wants to see Kim Jongin." She informed and walked away. Kai slowly walked in and saw his weak umma lying breathlessly on the bed, probably tired after all the different check-ups. "Umma…" Kai softly called out as he sat beside her. "Son…" She started off gently. "Please do umma a favour… promise umma…" she requested. Kai nodded, as tears filled his eyes unknowingly. "Please marry Minji… Please…" she begged.

"I can't umma… I really can't… please…" he begged too, holding his mom's hand tightly.

"Please… Son… Please…."


Hey guys! Finally, I am free and back with the next chapter! Hope you guys really like this story and continue to support me! <3 Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and anticipate the next one! <3

Annyeongggg <3