Chapter 10

Underneath Tears...

Kai POV

"Yah Oh Sehun. Meet me at the park now." I demanded and left my house.

The weather was getting colder each day as winter was close. I zipped up my jacket to the top to cover my neck. When I reached the main gate at the park, I saw Sehun already there, waiting for me at the bench. I carefully walked towards him and sat beside him. "So what is it that you wanted to tell me?" I went straight into the point, not looking at him.

"It has been a long time right? Since we came here and sit down together." He blurted out suddenly, looking up into the dark sky with some shimmering stars. I let out a small sigh before nodding, "Yea…"

Sehun and I are best friends. We knew anything and everything about each other since young. We did all sorts of crazy things together. But we started to drift away from each other ever since I met Minseo. I have no idea if I was the one to changed but I felt that Sehun change a lot ever since Minseo's presence. I didn’t bother to find out the reason why and I guess puberty just hit him, that’s why. Minseo is a nice girl and I know I will love her more than anyone else in the world.

Sehun turned to look at me again, with that blank look. "What if Minseo has a boyfriend secretly?" I stared back at him, turning the stare into a dreadful glare. "What do you mean, Oh Sehun." My tone started to get firm. "I want you to answer my question, Kim Jongin." He challenged back. "It wouldn’t happen." I replied confidently, turning my head away to avoid his eye contact. "I said what if." He added. "I SAID IT WOULDN’T HAPPEN! SO THERE IS NO WHAT IF IN THIS CASE." I began to rage a little, feeling irritated by his ridiculous question.

"Kim Jongin." He started off. "Why do you trust her so much? What if she is really cheating on you?" He stared right into my eyes. I was taken aback, but I believe in Minseo. Something in me tells me that Minseo is the right girl. "SHE WON'T." I assured him after a few seconds.

"Do you know Minji did not push Minseo down? Minseo was lying!" Sehun uttered loud enough for me to hear. "Then what makes you believe that Minji so much? You know she is a !" I rebutted back. "SHE IS NOT! SHE IS DIFFERENT FROM MINSEO!" Sehun disputed. "WHAT MAKES YOU THINK SO? MINJI PUSHED MINSEO DOWN!" I started to lose my patience and stood up from the bench, looking at Sehun.

Sehun slowly stood up from his seat too, pushing his hands into his jean's pockets and face me. "You changed a lot, Kim Jongin." He started off. "Ever since you met Minseo. I don’t know what is so special in her but I hope you can see the truth. You changed into somebody that I can't recognize anymore. Are you really the Kim Jongin that I know? That smart and considerate Kim Jongin. I have been wanting to tell you all these words but I did not find a nice timing. I think it's time for you to know that I don’t like Minseo and I know she is not someone for you." I was about to open my mouth to rage at him but he stopped me. "I know you wouldn’t believe me at this moment but I hope time will prove myself right. And you have to know that Minji is not a . I believe her just like how you believe Minseo. As to who was the one who pushed Minseo down the stairs, I will find it out." He looked into my eyes with sincerity but also a trace of disappointment. "I will let you know the truth, Kim Jongin. But also please remember that I still take you as my best friend and I will promise not to let Minseo hurt you." He finished his last sentence, turned his back and walked off silently, leaving the confused me.

"YAH OH SEHUN. I WILL NOT BELIEVE YOU UNLESS I SEE IT WITH MY OWN EYES! DO YOU HEAR ME?" was the only line I could shout back at him.

Sehun POV

As per normal, I went to school with my earpiece on at full blast. I like to be blocked out of my surroundings and everyone beside me. I walked slowly in my class from the back door when I saw Jongin with Minseo cuddling in their seats. Things definitely went more awkward between Jongin and I but I know it is the process of bringing the old Jongin back. I exchanged a short and uncomfortable eye contact with Jongin before settling down in my seat.

During lunch time, I manage to find Minji at her locker. The hallway was rather empty as most of the students would have gone for their lunch in the café or the canteen.

“Yah,” I called out to her the moment she closes her locker door. She immediately stumbled two steps back before replying me. “Y-you scared me.” She replied and took a deep breath before continuing. “Yes, Sehun?” she asked as she leaned against the locker like I did.

“I have some important questions to ask you.” I started off while moving closer to her. I felt her leaning backing a little, so I just forcefully grabbed her arms lightly to stop her. “I am asking something highly secretive and important. Stop moving and answer every question that I will be asking.” I demanded firmly. All she could give was a light nod while looking at me with bewildered eyes.

“Can you recall anything special about the guy who pushed Minseo down the stairs? Can you remember his face or any details about him?” I continued, letting her go from my grip. She thought for a second before shaking her head. “He was back-facing me so I could not see his face. He is about a head taller than Minseo… that’s all I can remember about him.” She replied.

I sighed a little, nodding. “It’s okay, I will see what I can do.” I closed my eyes and leaned my entire back fully on the lockers. “Actually, you don’t need to help me. I really appreciate your help but I guess it is difficult to find any evidence for this accident. Just let Kai hate me if that makes him feel better.” I heard her say with a soft sigh.

“I will find out the truth no matter what,” I answered as I slowly opened my eyes to face her. “And I am not helping you, I am helping Kai.” I finished off my last sentence before tugging my hands into my pockets, walking away slowly.

Your POV

Time really flies… It has been two weeks since I am leaving in this dreadful and empty house. I sat on the long and wide dining table as usual alone to have my meal. Things went on fine until I hear the door “clicked” open. *Kai?!* I immediately stood up from my chair and waited for the door to open. A familiar figure appeared slowly as he lifted his head to look at me with lifeless eyes. “Kai? What are you doing here?” I asked, still feeling shocked at his appearance.

“What? This is my house.” he answered shortly with a cold tone. “Have you eaten?” I tried to continue a conversation with him but he just simply nodded his head a little before walking past me. I let out a silent sigh and was going to sit back down when he suddenly called out. “Yah,” my face lit up as I turned to look at him, having the slightest hope that he would have a meal with me for the first time. “Did you tell anything to Oh Sehun?” he continued. My face immediately sank but I tried my best not to show as I shook my head.

“Then why is he defending you?” he questioned. “Defending me?” I looked at him, frowning as I thought of what he said. “He said you did you push Minseo down the stairs, it was a guy.” This instantly rang me up in head. “It’s true! It was a guy who pushed Minseo down.” I protested, raising my voice a little. “So you went to find Sehun for help?” his tone started to get firm. “He was the one who asked me first…” I whispered but loud enough for him to hear. He began walking slowly towards me. I backed off a little until I hit the table, grabbing onto the edge of it. He stopped right in front of me, leaning his face so close to mine that I could feel his breath.

“I will warn you. I don’t believe in whatever you say. Whatever man who pushed Minseo is just pure nonsense. I won’t be fooled by you. And you should stay away from Sehun because you are wasting his time to help you with your ridiculous excuses. He is just being kind to help you. I am not as stupid as him and you should stop disturbing him.” He finished off his last sentence and turned his back to walk up to his, I mean our room.

I closed my eyes to calm myself down before letting any tear fall down my cheeks. I sat down back on my chair. *Why can’t he just believe me? I am not lying…* I already lost my energy to try to explain myself. “Why is it only Sehun who believe me…” my shoulders slumped as I slowly finish of my meal.

Kai POV

I lied down the bed after a shower. I could smell a faint scent of Minji’s perfume on the bed as I looked up at the ceiling. “What if Minseo really has another guy without me knowing?” I suddenly questioned myself, before smacking my head a little. “What are you thinking, Kim Jongin. You love Minseo and Minseo loves you. That’s all you need to know. Don’t believe that Minji’s words. She is just trying to deceive you to let you forgive her. Minseo is the one and only.” I quickly turned to my sides, closed my eyes and fast asleep. 


Hello guys, sorry for not updating after so long again >< I will try to update more frequently now~ So sorryyy!! >< Hope you guys like this short update!


 

KaiMin <3