Chapter 6

Underneath Tears...

Author POV

After that unpleasant fight, the dinner was silent and miserable. Everyone's heart was filled with question marks, especially the parents but Minji refused to explain. After finishing her meal awkwardly, she respectfully bowed to the 4 adults and left the restaurant. Taking a slow stroll in the nearby park, she sighed deeply as the cool breeze blew across her face. "Why? Why does he only see Minseo?" she cried to herself and lifted her head to look up in the sky full of stars. She closed her eyes slowly and encouraged her disappointed heart. "You can do it, Minji. One day, he will know…" she faintly smiled to herself before staring at the stars one last time.

Minji POV

Finally, there is no school today. I don’t have to see Jongin's face anymore. I bet he is still fuming. I lied on the grass patch at the yard outside my house after my breakfast. Looking up, seeing the high sunlit clouds drifting across the clear blue sky. I signed to myself lightly before sitting up from my lying position. "I don’t want to get married to him anymore… it was once my dream, but now… I guess he doesn’t want to see me. Why? Who is that guy with Minseo? Why did Minseo lie and tell Kai that I am the one who pushed her down? Is that man someone important to her?" I questioned myself when I thought of that incident that I witnessed yesterday before the dinner.

 

Kai POV

That night, after I rushed out of the restaurant, I went over to Minseo's place. I want to run away from this mess, as far as possible. I don’t want to get married to a girl like this and I don’t want my parents to care about my life! Business! It's always business! Have they ever thought about me? What I want? I sprinted all the way to her house as the hurtful feelings me.

I spent the whole night at Minseo's house as I told her what happened. She was lying on my lap as I her hair gently, thinking of a way to clear this bull. "Oppa, do you think this is a good idea? We get married quickly and leave Korea!" she suggested as she shot up from her sleeping position. "My parents…" I mumbled. "I thought you didn’t like your parents? They forced you to marry that who broke my ankle!" she pointed to her bandaged ankle, whining. Minseo is right. They forced me to do everything I don’t like since young. Choosing schools for me, choosing courses for me to study, forcing me to go to ballet and jazz class when I was only 6, spending my life in the dance studio and studying desk when other kids are playing so happily after school. I want to live my own like, do things that I like to do. I don’t want them to control me anymore. "So oppa?" she asked again. "You definitely won't want to see that Minji girl's face right?" she hinted sadly. I immediately shook my head. "No! definitely not! She is the one who ruined our life. She is the one who hurt. She is just an ordinary girl who loves money and will do anything just for money and fame! ." I cursed as I clenched my fist tight. I love Minseo and I want to be with her and only her. She held my hand gently, slowly opening my fist as she intertwined her fingers with mine. "Exactly, if you don’t want to see her and your parents. The only way is to leave Korea and start a fresh! We can study there! I bet my family will allow, my dad can pay our school fees! Oppa, let's get married soon and leave her before the year ends." She looked into my eyes, giving me a firm and sincere look. The words she said built up my guts as I felt that urge for me to leave everything here and start anew. I don’t want to be a puppet anymore. I want to decide on my own lives. I want to get married to Minseo, have a beautiful wife with a happy family. I held her hand closer to my chest as I nodded. "Ok, Minseo. Let's leave Korea and start anew. We will get married soon before my dad make me sign any contract and we will fly to America." She nodded profusely, tears glittering in her eyes. I hugged her tight, feeling her warmth giving me strength. "I love you so much, Minseo." I whispered into her ears as she hugged me tighter.

 

Minseo POV

Finally! Finally Jongin promised to leave with me. He is going to get married with me and I just have to take his money after I became his wife and I will have a house and live with Dongjoon. Jongin slept soundly on the sofa as I walked back to my room. "But first… I have to ruin you, little . So sorry, you came in to interfere my plan, you are unlucky. I smirked as I opened up the video taken from with camera yesterday. I cut the video to the essential parts whereby it showed that she was the one who pushed me down the stairs. After a few edits, the video is done. I posted It on our school webpage, allowing students to post a post on different days using a fake name. I discarded that username after I have posted video to prevent them from bringing me back.

"Let's so how will this poor kitten survive in SM High." I coldly sneered. "I will not let anyone ruin my perfect plan."

 

Author POV

Soon, in the speed of light, the weekend is over.  Reluctantly, Minji prepared herself for school. This time, she took down her nerdy black glasses, adjusted her shirt to knee length, showing her beautiful calves. She let down her wavy long hair, letting them rest on her shoulder. With a light makeup and a classy bag, she set off to school. She saw the video of her and Minseo with Kai at the back staircase, and because of this video, she was criticized and bashed by many people from the school. She was called the "Two-Faced Nerd". She is now the hottest topic in school. Since everybody in the school already know her real identity, she doesn’t see the point in acting as a nerd anymore. She carefully made her way to the school, taking every step very dreadfully. She hung her head low when she reached the school.  The moment she stepped in, many eyes were on her. Everyone was gossiping about her, fingers pointing at her and splitting out nasty remarks. She quickened her steps and rushed up her class when she banged EXO with Minseo. She caught up her eyes with Kai but she looked away. She tried walking another direction but Jongin wouldn’t let her.

"Woah! Somebody has changed a new look yea? Looking pretty and y I guess, but too bad, her heart is rotten. You have lots of guts eh? Coming to school after all those commotions? Wa! Daebak." He mockingly remarked, giving her a thumbs up. Minji couldn’t get herself to look at Jongin, Minseo and the rest of EXO. "Thank god to the person who put up that video, letting everyone know that evil side of yours under your angelic glasses. Better not let me see you again." He leaned his face near the terrified Minji, giving her a sneer before letting her walk off.

Just as she was about to make a step forward, Jongin called her back. "YAH! YOU! I forgot, you need to apologize to my girlfriend! Or rather… my soon-to-be wife! You ran off that day without even saying sorry." He yelled out as he pulled her bag to make her walk back. Minji clenched the sides of her shirt tightly, unwilling to open . She looked down at the floor, tears dripping down onto her blouse. "Crying? You dare to cry-" his voice cracked with anger when his girlfriend stopped him. "Stop Jongin, I told you it wasn’t her fault. I fell down myself." She explained. "Minseo, why are you helping this kind of people? She hurt you intentionally!" Jongin spewed from his lips as he cursed belligerently.

"She is crying, Jongin ah. There is no need for you to push her further. Minseo said it wasn’t her fault, so why are you so worked up?" a voice suddenly rose from behind the gang. "Yah Oh Sehun, are you helping her now?!" Jongin's anger was about to turn into violence as he almost threw a punch across Sehun's face but Luhan stopped him. "THE PERSON WHO WAS HURT WAS NOT YOU! IT WAS MINSEO! SHE IS NOW LETTING SOMEONE WHO BROKE HER ANKLE GO OFF TOO EASILY! SHE COULDN’T WALK ON THAT DAY DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT? AND HERE, OH SEHUN, YOU ARE HELPING THAT ?!" Jongin growled at Sehun. "Yah Jongin ah, relax. Let's talk about this later okay? We are starting lessons soon. Let's go." Luhan held Jongin back as the gang split into two teams. "WATCH OUT ." Was the last thing Jongin said as he walked past Minji who was standing rooted to the ground, not moving an inch.

Minji POV

The argument finally ended as I kept quiet throughout the whole time. *Why do I need to apologize to her when I did nothing wrong? WHY? Why does he have to do this to me? Jongin, why…* I tried to contain my sobs while I was still standing rooted to the ground.

"Lessons are starting soon. Stop stoning here." Someone came up to me, tugging a packet of tissue paper in my hands. I looked up, seeing his back drifting away from me with his hands tugged into his pockets. "Gomawo… Sehun ah…"


HEY GUYS! It has been so long since I have updated! Did any of you miss me or this story?HAHA! hope you guys do! I am up with another chapter and will soon update again after my exams! less a week and my exams will end! Goodnight! <3

Night Guys! ^^