Chapter 9

Underneath Tears...

Author POV

It's just another ordinary morning that Minji woke up from the sofa with her cheeks covered with traces of tears from yesterday. She knows that she needs to get use to this but her heart just get more painful every time she sees Kai. Feeling weak and dreadful, she stood up from the sofa and dragged herself to get ready for school. She put her black thick spectacles back on, tying her wavy long hair into a pony tail before grabbing her bag to leave for school.

Your POV

The moment I stepped out of the house, the cold breeze came slapping on my skin. It's winter soon and the weather is starting to turn cold. It is a nice weather for couples to cuddle and share warmth but this weather only emphasizes on my loneliness, I sighed.

Finally, after a ten minute walk which felt like an hour to me, I reached school. Taking a deep breath, I walked cautiously into the school, trying my best to not let anyone notice me. I tried my best to scamper across the hallway but it did not work.

"Oh there she is! That that pushed Minseo down the stairs." Someone whispered but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I can't believe she still got the guts to come to school when she just hurt Kai's girlfriend." Another one added in.

All the comments came bashing down on me as I hung my head low, trying my best to walk as fast as my leg could carry me. I held onto my books tightly, crumpling some pages of my textbook. I walked briskly into my locker and opened it.

"Go up to the rooftop garden during lunch" there is a post-it note on the right side of my locker door. "Please don’t tell me it's Kai. Or did I do something wrong again…" I sighed heavily, whispering to myself. I dreadfully prepared for my lessons and the whole time, I was just thinking about that note.

"What does he want again? I signed the contract, I let him be with his girl when he is supposed to stay with me. What else does he want?" I mentally bombarded myself with all the ridiculous questions.

Finally, all those boring lessons were over and it was lunch time. I was still debating within myself if I should appear at the rooftop when another post-it was placed on my desk. "Remember". A familiar figure walked past me and I immediately tensed up. "So it's him?" I questioned myself as I felt an uneasy feeling.

He is not having a revenge on me on behalf of Kai, is he?

I took a deep breath before walking out of my classroom and up to the rooftop. Every step seemed to feel more uncertain as I made my way up. And there he is, standing at the end of the rooftop, back facing me. The afternoon sun shone on him, making him more dazzling with the help of the merigold sunlight. I carefully stepped forward, walking towards him slowly while clearing my throat.

"O-Oh Sehun?" I called out, finally. His hands were tucked into his pockets as he turned his body to face me. With his infamous poker face.

"Is it time for you to tell the truth?" he started in his monotone, looking right into my eyes despite the distance between us.

"What truth?" I avoided his gaze, tilting my head to my right. "I-I don't understand."

He took a few steps towards me with his hands still in his pockets and leaned forward leaving our faces only a few centimetres apart.. "The truth of Minseo’s fall. I know it’s not you.” He whispered while straightening his body back to his original position. I looked at him in disbelief, “You believe me?”

“You like Kai, don’t you?” He started off and his question caught me off guard. “So I guess you wouldn’t be that stupid to do something to let Kai hate you.” He turned to let his back face me. “Unless you are really this stupid.” He added.

“NO! I didn’t push her down. It’s not me!” I confessed. “It’s really not me.” I called out like a cry for help as I broke down on my knees. “I really didn’t push her down. In fact I wanted to help her up… but I didn’t know she would accuse me for pushing her down.” I felt like these words were choking me up all this time to a point that I cannot even breathe anymore. I wanted to tell all these truth out, but I know that no one will believe me.

Suddenly, I felt a warm hand on my back, it gently. I looked up from my knees and saw Sehun with the tender look in eyes. My tears streamed down to my cheeks as he pulled me into his warm embrace slowly. “It’s okay… tell me who is it…” I could feel his breathe so near me as he whispered softly into my ears.

“I-I don’t know… it was just this guy that I have never seen before.” I manage to utter between my sobs. “They seemed like they were quarrelling at that time and that man pushed her down the stairs. He ran off after that…”

He released me from his embrace and firmly gripped on my shoulders. “Can you remember how he looks like?” I shook my head slowly as I tried to recall the scene. “He was back facing me all the time.” He let out a heavy sigh before nodding. He helped me up and handed me a packet of tissue. “I knew you will cry somehow. Dry your tears and go for lessons.” He said as he stuffed the packet into my hands before walking away with his hands in the pockets.

As usual after school, I will go back “home” alone…

Sehun POV

After school, I made my way to our EXO room. The conversation I had with Minji kept replaying in my brain as I stepped into the air-conditioned room. I looked up from the door and saw Kai with Minseo, hugging each other, whispering words to one another. I clenched my fist as an unknown flame blew up in me.

"Yah Oh Sehun, why are you standing there? Come here." Luhan hyung called. I held back my urge to confront Kai and walked towards Luhan hyung.

"Are you okay?" Luhan hyung placed his hand on my shoulder as I pulled a chair to sit down. I nodded lightly before diverting my attention back to Kai and Minseo. Who could that guy be? I kept questioning myself as I totally ignored what Luhan hyung is talking to me about.

"Sehun?" he called, but I was too engrossed in my own world. "Oh Sehun!" he stood up from his chair. He broke my trace of thought as I looked up to face him. "A-Ah... yes hyung?" I apologetically replied. "Are you listening to me? Are you okay?" He asked worriedly and touched my forehead. "Aish hyung. I am fine!" I repeated firmly as I swung off his hand.

"Sehun ah, you are sick?" Suho hyung added in. I took a deep sigh before clarifying again. "No I am not. Something just caught up in my mind."

"Woah... what is so important that occupied our precious maknae's mind? Could it be a girl?" Lay hyung started as he smiled warmly as usual. I just silently rolled my eyes, "Of course not."

"Then what is it?" Kai joined in the conversation. Anger immediately boiled in me again the moment I see him and Minseo. "It's none of your business right?" I snapped and stood up from my seat, tugging my hands into my pockets. "I will get going." I coldly said and walked out of the room.

Kai POV

Sehun seemed to have something bothering him. "Oppa, something happened to Sehun?" Minseo asked me as she leaned on my shoulder. I ruffled her hair softly before shrugging my shoulders. "I have no idea."

I turned my body to face the rest of the EXO members. "Hey guys, Minseo and I will get going too." I said as I stood up with Minseo while holding her hand, interlacing my fingers with hers. They just nodded their head and bid goodbye to us.

"Where do you wanna go and have our dinner, baby?" I asked Minseo pulling her closer to me as we walked down the hallway. "Up to you oppa. I am fine with anything."

"I will bring you to a new French restaurant then." I smiled and swung my hand across her shoulders, with my the other hand in my pocket.

We were walking halfway through the hallway when Sehun popped out in front of us out of nowhere, making the two of us jumped a little. "Yah Oh Sehun! You scared me!" I laughed as I gave him a light slap on his arm.

He still put on his same poker face from just now and looked right into my eyes. "We need to talk." He demanded. I nodded, signalling him to go on. "Alone. Now." He continued firmly.

"What is so important that we need to talk alone? There are no secrets between us and Minseo right." I shrugged my shoulders and ruffled my own hair a little. "Just spit it out here." I challenged.

"I said I need to talk to you alone. Without her." He pointed at Minseo, not even giving her a glance. "Yah. Oh Sehun, she is not an outsider. You can just say anything here." I paused a little and continue, "With her around." I stared right into his eyes, trying to read his mind.

He lowered his head and let out a soft sigh. "Then it's fine." He softly muttered and took a few steps back.

"What is it, Sehun? What is it that you need to tell me personally without Minseo around?! She is my fiancée!" I growled.

Sehun just looked at me blankly before turning his back, walking away from us without a word. "Yah Oh Sehun!" I shouted across the empty hallway but he didn't budge.

I turned my head to look at Minseo as she hung her head low. "I think Sehun doesn't like me..." she mumbled but loud enough for me to hear. I placed my hands on her shoulders, turning her body to face me. "Maybe he is just not in a good mood. Don't mind him." I smiled faintly and planted a kiss on her forehead.


Here's a short chapter update and I am working on the next chapter now! Please anticipate!

 

Please Get Well Soon, Jongin <3