Chapter 12

Underneath Tears...

Kai POV 
As usual, after my sleep at “our” house, I left early to find Minseo before Minji wakes up. I need someone who understands me to listen to my problems. Marrying a girl that I dislike is really difficult. 
I reached her house and she immediately curved her lips into a sweet smile. “Oppa! Come in.” She offered and pulled my hands. I sat down on the sofa and closed my eyes to relieve a little of my headache. “Oppa, are you okay?” she asked while handing me a cup of water. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders before sighing. “Is there a way that I can just marry you and not Minji?” 
“Oppa, why not you just marry me and not care about that stupid contract? I mean your parents can’t do anything to you if you break the promise right? Besides, you are not responsible of the bankruptcy!” she commented.

“But I already promised my mom and I don’t want to break the promise.” I sighed. “But what about the promise about marrying me? You would rather break the promise to marry me than to break the promise to help your dad’s company?” she whined while leaning on my shoulder.

“I am sorry Minseo ah. I didn’t mean to. You know that I dislike my parents but I don’t want to see them suffer either.” I pushed a strand of her hair to the back of her ear. “But oppa… can we at least go and take a look at the wedding dresses and suits? I really want to try them on. Besides, we can just plan for our wedding first right?” she pleaded. I smiled while leaning my head on hers. “Sure. Anything for my one and only. But we can only hold the wedding after a year. After Minji and I divorce.”

She sat up from her position and cupped my cheeks. “I understand, oppa. I just wanna take a look and prepare for the best day of my life early.” She smiled. Even though she smiled, my heart broke into million pieces hearing those words. She took our wedding day as her best day in her life while I am here breaking her heart by marrying another girl. “I am sorry…” I mumbled as she hugged me.

Sehun POV

I received a text message from Jongin.

“Bro, are you free today?” -Jongin

Just nice, I wanted to meet him too.

“Yes. I have something to tell you.” -Sehun

“Leave that for later. I need your help. Minseo and I are going to look out for some wedding dresses and suits. Can you come with us too? You can choose yours too. Call other hyungs along.” -Jongin

What?! So is he marrying Minji or Minseo?

I was confused but I still met him along with other hyungs.

We went into a wedding shop that Jongin found.

All the hyungs were so excited looking at those suits that look all the same to me. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Luhan hyung even ran to the wedding dresses section. So are they wearing suits or wedding dresses? I sighed while taking a seat on the sofa. My brain was filled with the incident that happened yesterday the moment I saw Minseo. How am I supposed to tell Jongin? Will he believe me?

“Sehun.” I looked up and saw Jongin walking towards me. He took a seat beside me. “Why aren’t you choosing your suit?” I looked at him. “Wait Jongin, are you marrying Minji or Minseo?” I asked. “Minji. Then Minseo.” He replied, leaning on the sofa. “Then why are you choosing wedding dresses and suits with Minseo and not Minji?” I frowned.

He sighed. “Minseo wanted to come and have a look and plan for our wedding early. So the moment Minji and I divorce, we will get married. Besides, my mom would have already prepared a wedding dress for that Minji. So I don’t need to care.” I have the urge to just show him the video but I know it wasn’t the right timing. What did Minseo do to deserve all this care form him? “You felt sorry for her?” I asked and he nodded.

“When I proposed to her, she was so happy. I could see through her eyes. She was so excited about our wedding but I am here breaking her heart by marrying another who hurt her. I don’t deserve to have a girl like her.” He sighed.

“Jongin, don’t you think you are doing too much for her? I mean you are spending all your time and money on her. I am serious, Jongin. what if she really has someone else that you don’t know?” I couldn’t hold in that secret anymore.

“Oh Sehun. I am giving you the last warning. Please stop.” He firmly warned. I know this wasn’t the right time to tell him all these. Just then, Minseo walked towards us.

“Sehun oppa, why aren’t you choosing your suit? You will definitely be our best man.” She smiled at me while I just returned a faint smile. She had the cheek to act all lovey dovey with Jongin when she has someone else behind Jongin’s back? What is her motive? My mind was too confused and full to interpret anything.

“Oppa?” she called out while waving her hand in front of my face. I immediately cut off my thoughts at looked at them, “Yeah?” I replied. “What are you thinking?” she asked. “Yea Sehun. Something is bothering you?” Jongin added in. I just shook my head. “I am going to choose my suit.” I quickly stood up and left them alone.

Minseo POV

Sehun seems like there’s something bothering him. It couldn’t be something that’s regarding about me right?

“Oppa, what did you guys talk about?” I turned to Kai. He just shook his head, “Nothing much, some man stuff.” He laughed while standing up from his position. “So how’s your trying out of wedding dresses? Are you satisfied?” He asked, holding out his hand. I smiled. “They are all nice and I can’t choose. Oppa, do you want to take a look too?” I offered while intertwining his fingers with mine. He nodded excited. “If you can’t choose any of them. I can ask the manager to tailor-made one just for you.” He chuckled. *Great, Kim Jongin. Since you are willing to do anything just for me. I will just get what I want.* I thought while my eyes lightened up.

“Really, Oppa? Thank you so much!” I smiled and hugged him. “Anything for my babe.”

From my angle, I could see Sehun glancing through the suits but nothing caught his eye because he was too troubled. His facial expression betrayed him. His frown that didn’t leave his face the moment he stepped into the store. What’s up with him exactly? Questions filled my mind as Kai broke the hug.

“Should get going now?” He asked. I nodded while taking the last glance at Sehun.

Kai was trying out his suit as I found Sehun sitting back on the couch. I decided to approach him first.

“Oppa.” I called out, snapping his thoughts. “Oh, Minseo.” He replied with his infamous blank look. “Is everything okay? Something’s bothering you?” I kicked start a conversation as I sat beside him. He just shook his head and moved a seat further away from me. “Nothing.” He answered. “Why do you dislike me so much? Did I do something wrong? That time you didn’t want be to hear something that you were going to tell Jongin oppa.” I pouted while moving a seat closer. He turned to look at me with his unchanged emotionless face. “It’s not that I dislike you. I am just not close to you and I don’t know you well. I don’t know so much of your personality to the point that I think you are stranger. That’s all.” He shrugged. What did he mean when he said those words? I could feel that his words are not as simple as they seemed to be from his eyes. They meant something else. But what?

“What do you mean, oppa? I don’t understand.” I asked a little further. He smirked a little. “Then I guess it’s fine. We can continue to be strangers. I don’t know you as much as you don’t know me.” Damn. I need to know what is he thinking.

Just then, Kai walked out of the changing room. “Minseo! What do you think about this?” he asked, turning a round. Meanwhile, Sehun stood up and walked away. Damn it. Must Kai come out at this point of time?! I am trying to do my business here! Gosh!

I calmed myself down mentally before turning to Kai. “As always, my oppa looks good!” I stood up, faking a big smile as I walked towards him.

Sehun POV

I felt that Minseo already knew something about what I am doing. She can’t possibly know that I have a video of her and a mysterious guy right? I didn’t tell anyone. I need to let Jongin know about this as soon as possible.

We spent almost the whole day at that store and everyone was trying on their clothes. We were all there just because Minseo wanted to plan for her wedding that would (or wouldn’t) be held one year later. What was Jongin even thinking?! But since all the hyungs enjoyed themselves too, I am fine with it. Especially Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung. They acted as if they were having a wedding themselves.

Just when everyone was trying to change out of their outfits, someone outside the store caught my eye. I immediately ran out and caught up with her.

“Minji?” I held her hand to stop her from walking any further. I spun her around, seeing tears forming in her eyes. “Why are you here?” I asked. She was trying her best to not let her tears fall. “I just happen to walk past while shopping around here.” she softly mumbled, not letting herself choke over her tears.

There was a small silence between us. “Kai is going to marry her right?” she broke the silence. “He said he will only marry Minseo after the divorce with you.” She slowly nodded and a tear finally streamed down her cheek.

I pulled her into a hug, whispering into her ears. “Everything is going to end soon. Believe me, Minji.” I could feel her sobbing in my arms. Jongin, please wake up.

Minji POV

I strolled back home with dried tears on my cheeks. Kai would be marrying Minseo after divorcing with me. The thought hit me again while tears circled around my eyes. A man that I have liked for years is the one hurting me the most. I liked him, admired him. He is so near, yet so far. Having him as my husband would be my greatest wish ever. Only if he knew that. Only if he knew that I didn’t push Minseo down the stairs. Only if he knew that all those love letters and chocolates he received during Valentine’s Day, Christmas, New Year and more were all from me. Only if he knew that I loved him as much as he loved Minseo.

All these thoughts filled my mind as I let out a pitiful chuckle. I find myself so foolish and laughable. I am loving a man that would never love me. I am so pathetic but I can’t stop myself from liking him. Why? Kim Jongin, WHY?! Tears flowed down at last once again. Only if he knew the tears that I have shed for him. Only if he knew…


Hello guys! I am back with a short update! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Thank you! <3

Good night <3