Chapter 13

Underneath Tears...

Sehun POV

I have to talk to Jongin about Minseo as soon as possible. I thought as I plugged in my earpiece and walked to school.

Lessons were conducted as per normal, boring as usual. I sighed and lied on my table, tilting my head a little and saw Jongin with Minseo leaning on each other. I didn’t find a chance to talk to Jongin personally. Minseo was sticking to him all day even during lunch break. The two of them did not eat with us. I need to talk to Jongin about this. I thought to myself while thinking of ways to reach him without going through Minseo. I had no other ways other than meeting him outside school at night.

“Class you are dismissed.” The teacher announced and all the students started buzzing around and packing their stuffs to leave. I couldn’t approach Jongin because Minseo was still there, so I decided to text him.

Sehun: Meet me at 10 at the park. I have something to discuss with you. Urgent.

I saw Jongin look at his phone and looked at me. I quickly turned to pack my stuffs to avoid eye contact with him at the moment.

Jongin: Sure. I will get some kimbap as supper then. You will bring some drinks, as usual.

I read the text and a little smile plastered on my face. This Kim Jongin. He is in a good mood.

I took my bag and left the class, without bidding goodbye to the hyungs as they were too busy with their own revisions.

At a blink of eye, it was around the time that I was supposed to meet Jongin. I left house a little earlier to visit the convenient store to grab some drinks for us.

I then walked to the park and saw Jongin already sitting there. “Jongin.” I called out to him and took quicker steps. “Hey.” He replied and handed me a box of kimbap. “Your favourite.” He said, smiling at me. “Thanks. Here’s yours. Your favourite too.” I chuckled and handed him his drink while sitting beside him.

“It has been a long time since we did this.” He spoke up as we started eating our kimbap. “Yea. We did this a lot when we were younger.” I laughed. “And you will always steal my kimbap. I would never forget about that.” He shot me a joking glare. “Hey, you can’t blame me. You always get an extra piece of kimbap!” I protested. “Blame my handsomeness.” He chuckled.

“So… what did you want to talk to me about?” he munched in his kimbap.

“Ermm… let’s finish our food first.” I don’t want to ruin this reminiscing moment with the video. I know Jongin will definitely get mad. Whether he believes or not.

“Okay.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“Jongin.” I started. “Hmm?” he answered, not looking at me.

“What do you like about Minseo?” I asked. He looked at me before laughing, “Wae? Trying to know her better?” he joked. “Just answer me, bro.” I snapped jokingly.

“Hmm… I like how she loves me more than anyone else in the world, I like her inner beauty. I like her inside out.” I saw him smile brightly the moment the memories of them crossed his mind. I can’t bear to hurt him with the truth but I need to. I am sorry, Jongin. Please know that I am doing this for you.

“Ah… I see…” I smiled a little. “So, what is it?” he turned to look at me, finishing the last piece of kimbap in his mouth. “Ah…” I finished off mine and sipped on my drink before starting.

“Ermm… I don’t know how to put this.” I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck. “Just spit it, Sehun. We are brothers right.” He smiled.

I slowly took out my phone and played the video, showing it to him. “Do you recognise any of them in the video?” I carefully asked.

He looked into the video closely. He didn’t make any comments. He didn’t give any reaction. He didn’t have any expressions on his face.

The video ended and he passed the video back to me coldly. “What are you trying to say, Sehun.” He didn’t look at me.

“I am really not trying to ruin your relationship, Jongin. If you are happy, I am happy for you too. But I don’t want you to be fooled around. I know it is hard to believe, but please Jongin. do you know who is that guy?” I couldn’t read what he was thinking. He just shook his head blankly.

“Jongin-”

“Stop. Sehun, stop. I need some time.” he cut me off. I nodded and stood up.

“I just want you to be really happy and blessed after your choice. Please, Jongin.” I finished my last sentence to him before walking away.

Jongin ah, I hope you know what you should do…

Kai POV

I sat rooted onto the bench after watching the video that Sehun showed me. What was that? It can’t be true right? It can’t be Minseo. She loves me so much. Who is that guy? He pushed her down the stairs? Then what about Minji? She is innocent?

Too many questions were spinning in my brain. I got nothing organised at the moment. I don’t know who to believe. I wouldn’t doubt Sehun because he is my best brother and I know he wouldn’t lie to me just to let me break up with Minseo, but I don’t believe the fact Minseo cheated on me with another guy.

I stood up and started walking aimlessly. Without me knowing, I walked and stopped in front of Minseo’s house. Should I go in? At last, I still rang her doorbell.

“Oppa!” she smiled the moment she saw me. My hands were tugged in my pockets while I just gave her a small smile. “Wae? Something wrong?” she asked and linked her arms with me, bringing me in to sit on the sofa.

“Something came up and I can’t really organise my thoughts well.” I sighed. “What happened? Maybe I can help?” she asked innocently. “It’s nothing babe.” I assured her, but I want to find out the truth.

“What if one day you cheat on me with another guy?” I suddenly asked and she was taken aback. “What do you mean oppa? How can I possibly cheat on you.” She answered with a nervous smile. She tried her best to hide her nervousness but I could feel it. “I am just casually asking.” I lied.

“You know I only love you oppa.” she lied on my shoulder. I don’t know whether to believe her or not. I don’t know whether she meant what she said at this moment. My mind was in a complete mess that I couldn’t even piece any information together.

“Oppa?” she waved her hand in front of me. “A-Ah yea?” I asked. “You don’t believe me?” she pouted. “How can I not believe my babe.” I swear I sounded so insincere.

“Minseo, I am just stopping by. I need to go now. I will see you tomorrow in school.” I said as I stood up.

I waked out of her house, only to feel more messed up.  Why was she so nervous when I asked her? There is definitely something that she is hiding from me.

I started to walk down the streets once again, feeling a lost like a small puppy. The man in the video is definitely not Minseo’s oppa. Firstly, Minseo doesn’t have a brother. Secondly, what he did and what he said went beyond than being a brother. Stupid y Minji and pabo Jongin? So I am being used? I don’t understand.

I bobbed into a random convenient store and grabbed a few cans of beer. I need someone to enlighten me. Am I the only one being stupid here?

Minji POV

I was waiting for Kai on the sofa as the clock ticked. Past midnight. I guess he wouldn’t be back. I was about to stand up when the door burst opened. Kai was holding empty beer cans and his face was red. He couldn’t walk in a straight line. He couldn’t even stand straight.

I quickly ran and helped him. What happened to him? Why is he drinking so much?

I dragged him to the sofa with all my strength as he was too heavy for me to manage. He dropped the empty cans onto the carpet, and opened some new ones. “Stop drinking.” I try to snatch the can away from him but he was too strong.

“Why can’t I drink? Don’t care about me. I am a fool. I am being played around like a fool. What’s the big deal?!” He raged at me while drowning himself in the beer. He finished cans after cans but I just couldn’t stop him.

“Stop, Kai. Please.” I begged. Looking at him at this state is just to heart breaking for me to handle. What happened to him to make him do this? Tears started flowing from his eyes as he mumbled, “What did I do wrong? I love you, Minseo. I love you. I really do.” My heart ached seeing him like this. I just moved a little closer to him and hugged him tightly. “It’s okay, Jongin.” I could feel hot tears forming around my eyes. “Stay strong.” I patted his back.

He cried in my arms, circling his arms around my waist. This is the first time we had his kind of skin ship. Sadly, he wouldn’t remember anything because he is drunk. But this means a lot to me. Hugging him and comforting him when he is feeling down is something that I would want to do.

“I love you…” he cried.

Something choked me and I couldn’t reply him. Because I know he was saying this to me. He was just taking me as Minseo. It hurts, it hurts so much Kim Jongin. But I am still glad that I can be here for you when you are vulnerable, when you needed help most.

“I love you too…” I whispered as he fell asleep in my arms.

I hope you will realise one day… how much I love you…


Hello guys! Another update! I know it is kinda short but I am trying my best^^ Hope you guys enjoy it! Thank you <3

Good Night <3