Chapter 8

Underneath Tears...

Author POV

  "Please marry Minji… Please…" The image of Kai's mother begging him with her weak voice flashed across Kai's brain again and again. He felt a pinch in his head as he sped off from the hospital. "I can't marry that !" Kai yelled into the thin window glass in front of him as he hit the steering wheel. "Damn it." He cursed. He wanted to obey his mom so badly seeing her in this condition but yet the thought of marrying Minji is annoying him. Out of so many girls in the world, he must marry the girl who injured his beloved girlfriend.

  With all the mixed emotions and unarranged thoughts, he went into Minseo's house. "Oppa!" the beautiful girl greeted Kai as she pulled him in. "Oppa, are you hungry? Should I cook something for you?" She asked in concern as Kai just slammed himself into the sofa. "I have no appetite." Kai leaned forward, letting his head rest on his palms, thinking of all the ridiculous things that happened too fast for him. Minseo carefully sit beside him, placing her comforting hands on Kai's shoulder. "Oppa, are you okay?" Kai didn’t react.

 

Kai POV

  "Oppa are you okay?" I could hear Minseo's soothing voice calling out to me, but my mind and body didn’t want to answer to all the noise at the moment. "Oppa, I heard that honey lemon and can make someone feel better, should I make a cup for you?" she tried again, this time leaning on my shoulders, wrapping her arms slowly around my waist. My mind was already in a mess and the fact that she is leaning on me, gave me extra exhaustion. "Minseo ah, let me sit in peace for a while." I managed to calm down myself. I felt her loosing her embrace around me as she stood up from her seat. I closed my eyes once more, trying my best to throw all those irritating thoughts to the back of my mind, but it doesn’t seem to work. Marrying a girl that I hate. Moving into a new house with the girl I hate. Being separated from the girl I love. This is too much for me to handle. The headache got stronger every minute and I just hope I can just leave this place.

  Suddenly, I felt this pair of hands wrapped around my forehead, giving me a small massage on my temples. I knew instantly that it was Minseo. She pulled me slowly to let me lean on the sofa with my head facing up, using her skillful massaging skills that never fail to please me. My headache seemed to fade bit by bit under her magic fingers. "Thank you, Minseo ah." I smiled a little. "Finally I get to see your smile, Oppa." She whispered into my ears that sounded like music to me. "I am sorry, babe. Something got up and it's bothering me." I apologize as I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the lightings in the house before seeing that angelic face in front of me.

  "Oppa…" she started off carefully. "Hmm?" I smiled as I took her hand away from my forehead, leading her to sit beside me on the sofa. "Are you forced to marry that girl?" she blurted out. This took me off guard. I kept silent for the longest time in my life as all the possibilities flew across my mind aimlessly. "So… it's a yes?" she looked into my eyes. I tried to avoid her eyes, but I couldn’t. "I-I guess so…" I finally gave in. I can't let my mom down. I can't disappoint her.

  I saw her smiling bitterly as she held my hand tightly. "Promise me to stay happy okay?" I widen my eyes before caressing her flawless face. "NO! My only happiness is you. Without you, I won't be happy! I am just marrying her because I don't want to disappoint my mom. Her health is not in a good condition now." I looked down. "But your parents will want you to be with her for the rest of your life. Believe me Jongin oppa. You will need to be with her." I could see tears forming in her eyes that make my heart ache. "I will divorce with her once my mom's condition gets better. I will leave Korea with you and we can leave happily together. Believe me, Minseo." I pulled her into my embrace. I need to let her know that she is all that I need.

 

Minseo POV

  I pulled away from his hug, "Oppa, promise?" I held out my pinky as he linked his to mine. "Promise." He replied. "Oppa, I have something to give you." I smiled a little as he looked at me in puzzled. I left my seat and went to the drawer under my coffee table. I took out the brown envelope before handing it to him. He looked at me for a while before opening the envelope. He took out the papers in it. "Divorce Agreement?" he read out. I nodded my head before taking the papers over. "You said you will divorce with her right? This is just a mutual agreement between you and that girl. Once you get her to sign this, she will leave you after 2 months. Just give her a sum of money and she will leave you." I looked at him, showing him the terms and conditions. "When did you do this, Minseo?" he asked as he looked at the terms closely. "When you are not around. Wae? Oppa, you don't want to divorce with her?" I looked at him "sadly". "Err… it's not it… but isn't it a little too harsh on her? Telling her to sign this contract?" he looked at me. I couldn’t believe that he is so naïve. "But oppa, you just promised that you will divorce with her. She just wants your money, oppa. After the 2 months, we can leave together." I pouted. He pulled me to lie on his laps before caressing my hair softly. "If making her sign this contract will make you feel more secured, I will do it babe." I chuckled in joy as I grab a pen on the table that I have prepared. "Then oppa, you will sign it first." I passed the pen to him. *I've got you, Kim Jongin.* I smiled to myself as I saw him sign the contract. Guess my work is done and I am a step closer to my goal. "Thank you oppa." I smiled as his lips captured mine for a few seconds. "Anything for my babe." *Aha. I got you under my control. Kang Minji, you are nothing compared to me.*

 

Minji POV

  I slammed myself on my new bed, staring at the white ceiling above me. "When is Kai going to believe me?" I mumbled to myself. Just then, I heard the front door open. *Should it be Kai?* I thought to myself as I quickly dashed out of the room. I looked down and I couldn’t believe my eyes. It's Kai. It felt like a lump stuck in my throat and nothing seemed to come out. He looked at me blankly, "Get a pen and get down." He said coldly as he positioned himself on the sofa. Like a child, I obediently walked back to my room and grab a pen before walking briskly down the stairs. "Here." I handed the pen to him. He threw a brown envelope to me across the table. "Sign it." He demanded without a single expression on his face. He folded his arms in front of me as I carefully open the envelope. I retrieved the papers. *What?! We are not even married and I get a Divorce Agreement?!* I looked at him with unbelievable eyes. "Sign it. I will give you a sum of money after 2 months when my mom's health conditions got better. You can live your own life and I can live mine." He shrugged his shoulders and stared right into my soul. *But I don’t want to divorce…* I sighed softly. "Ah, I almost forgot. When we are married, you do not interfere my life and vice versa. I know that money is all you want, so I will open a bank account for you and you can just get your money from there to get whatever you want. We will only meet again when our parents call for a dinner or what so ever." He added. *How am I supposed to tell him that money is not what I want. I just want him to love me like how he love Minseo.*

"Sign it and don’t waste my time. I don’t want to be in here for one more second." He stood up from his seat and walked towards me. I clenched onto my pen tightly and nothing seemed to be in my brain. Tears started to form at the corner of my eyes but I tried my best not to let them fall. I could feel him coming nearer. *I just want you to be happy…* I uncapped my pen and signed the contract reluctantly.

He snatched the papers from me before nodding his head. "Great, so you agree to it too? Very great. And…" he bended down, leaning closer to me, leaving only centimeters between us. I held my hands tightly together, grabbing the pen really tightly. "Don't mess with me. Don’t you ever dare to hurt Minseo again. You will get it from me." He whispered harshly into my ears and left the house without a goodbye.

  I could feel my tears rolling down my cheeks endlessly. My heart that has been broken into pieces over and over again. I feel numb, hurt and depressed. A feeling that I cannot describe. A gust of cold wind blew into the empty living room, emphasizing on my loneliness. I am on my own once again. Tears that I cannot stop. A broken heart that I cannot fix. Coldness that I am used to. Emptiness that I have to endure…


HELLO GUYS! I AM FINALLY BACK AFTER... ONE AND A HALF YEARS?! I AM SO SORRY BECAUSE I AM BUSY WITH MY EXAMS AND THINGS LIKE THAT! NOW THAT I AM FREE, I WILL UPDATE MORE OFTEN! HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS SHORT UPDATE! 

KAI'S NEW DRAMA!!