Chapter 1

Underneath Tears...

Author POV

A girl with a stack of books bundled with a book strap, walked in her class. Her skirt was below her knees almost touching her ankles which was meant to be at her knee cap. Beads of sweat streamed down her forehead as the thick black spectacles that rested on her nose bridge was slipping off. "Boom" she let down the heavy load on her table as she slumped into her seat. She looked around, everybody were busy buzzing with their friends, leaving her out, as usual. She was never noticed, no matter how hard she tried, everyone seemed to be betraying her.

"Bam!" the door swung open and twelve guys budged in. *It's EXO!* Glitters in her eyes started to shine as her gaze shifted to the man she loved for years--Kim Jongin. They are the kingkas of the school who are ABSOLUTELY popular and talented. No one could ever resist their charms, including her. "Oppa!" a "cute" call brought her back into reality. The scene which always broke her heart. Jung Minseo, girlfriend of Jongin, came running towards him as he planted a kiss that every girl dreamed to get, on her forehead. She knew she would never stand a chance, but seeing him with another girl just shatters her fragile heart.

 

Kai POV

Together with other EXO hyungs and my beloved Minseo, we dispersed into our seats. Many girls started to flock around the other members' table while none of them came to mine as the whole school already knows that I have Minseo. Even though many of them still look at me with pleading eyes, but I do not give a damn on them. "Oppa, where should we go after school?" Minseo asked as I cuddled her in my arms. "Anywhere my girl wants." I smiled as she lied into my chest. From far, I could feel someone staring at us. I scanned around, finally stopping at girl's table. *Our school nerd.* I lightly snarled as I glared at her. "Stop looking." I mouthed harshly. She seemed to be dreaming at first, but just suddenly turned away. I smirked as I turned back to Minseo.

Your POV

I was staring at Jongin and Minseo with heartbreaking eyes as he suddenly looked at me. *Omo! He is looking at me! He stared at me!* I was fangirling dreamily inside my heart as I suddenly felt something wrong with his stare. It seemed like a… glare. I immediately noticed it and turned away. *It's my imagination…* I signed heavily as I stared into the space blankly.

Just then, a ring of my hand phone startled me. "N-ne umma?" I picked up my phone. "Ne, arrasso, I will be home right after." I ended the call as the teacher walked in. We all greeted her as the long day started.

After school ended, I went to my locker before heading. That was when I saw Jongin and Minseo again. They were at Minseo's locker… kissing… My heart shattered into million pieces that no one could hear me.

With dragged footsteps, I proceeded home. "Umma, I am back." I shouted with a dull voice as I lied myself down on the sofa. My mom came down from the stairs, "Minji-ah, I have got something to tell you." She smiled as she sat on the sofa next to me. "Ne umma?" I pushed my body up lazily while waiting for her to continue. "You will be having a dinner with another family together with us tomorrow night." She said. "Ok, for what? Some business talk within you and appa again? It bores me you know…" I sighed heavily. "It concerns you this time." She stated as she stood up from her seat. "Be prepared tomorrow, Mr. Choi will drive you there." She reminded. I nodded while proceeding to my room.

After bathing, I sat in front of my table while staring at the mirror. "Something that concerns me?" I mumbled while combing my hair. "Who will it be?" many thoughts filled my mind as I stared at myself through the mirror. I removed my thick spectacles and climbed onto my comfy bed. Soon, I drifted into dreamland.

 

Kai POV

"WHAT?! HAVING A DINNER TOMORROW?! IT’S MINSEO'S BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! AND I PLANNED SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR HER TOMORROW NIGHT! I AM DEFINITELY NOT GANNA ATTEND IT! N.O NO!" I screamed at my parents after hearing the ridiculous demand. "I DEMAND YOU!" my father yelled. "NO!" I refused as I slammed the magazines in my hands on the glass table. "YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IMPORTANT MINSEO IS TO ME!" I burst with raging tone. "But this dinner is important for our business my dear." Mother tried to add in. "BUSINESS. BUSINESS. BUSINESS! ALL YOU ALL KNOW IS ABOUT BUSINESS! WHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST SELL ME OFF AND CONCENTRATE ON YOUR BUSINESS?!"

"H-HOW DARE YOU!" my daddy slapped me hard across my face. Slowly reacting, I cupped my hand on my cheeks with tears swirling in my eyes. "You know how much hard work I had put in to raise you and into my business?! HOW ARE YOU SAY THOSE WORDS?!" I could see a slight hurt in my father's eyes. I turned my gaze to my mother, as if I could hear her heart break. I ran to my room and slammed the door hard, maybe scaring the maids which I don’t really care.

I lied on my bed, facing the ceiling. "What should I do?" I rushed my fingers through my hair. Reaching out to my cell phone, I dialed Minseo's number.

"Ne oppa?" she answered.

"Minseo ah… I-I think I can't make it for tomorrow night…" I reasoned.

"Wae?" she asked hurtfully.

"My parents… they want me to go for business dinner with them…" I replied sorrowfully.

"Oh…" she paused. "It's alright then…"

"I will make it up to you~ I promise, ne?" I assured her.

"Ne oppa, see you tomorrow then? I am sleeping soon." She chuckled.

"Ne, goodnight babe." I kissed her through the phone.

"Goodnight too, oppa." She laughed while returning me the kiss.

*So grateful to have an understanding girlfriend like Minseo.* I smiled while kissing my wallpaper which is a photo of me and her…


Hey guys, so sorry to update so slow after my foreword~ I hope you guys like it and I will try to update faster okay? Thank you for the support ^^

this bunch of kids <3

y Jongin~ <3