Chapter 2

Underneath Tears...

Author POV

After knowing that they were having a business dinner with an unknown family, both Jongin and Minji had different kinds of  feelings. Being a simple girl like Minji, she was really nervous yet curious. On the other hand, Jongin was rather bored, careless and irritated. He went to school with his friends as per normal but unusually quiet. "Waeyo?" Baekhyun asked, feeling concerned. Looking at the unordinary silent era around the maknae just felt weird for EXO. "Nothing." Jongin shrugged, walking in the school with the rest. Crazy fangirls started to follow them from the gate all the way to their seats, screaming and admiring. 

"Sorry, Minseo-ah." Jongin apologized profusely after seeing his girlfriend. "It's okay oppa..." she acted pitifully. Seeing Minseo like that, Jongin's mood became more down. *I disappoint her on her birthday.* While thinking of how to make up to her she held out a magazine for him. "Oppa, do you think I will look nice in this dress and handbag?" Looking at his beautiful girlfriend with warm eyes, he nodded and smiled. "Of course!"

 

Kai POV

"Of course!" I replied. "My babe wears everything well." I praised. "But it is too expensive." she continued and closed the magazine. An idea popped out instantly as I quickly before she said anything. "Nonono, it's not expensive. Nothing is too expensive my dear. I will buy that for you? As your birthday present, okay?" "Jinjia?! but... It will be too expensive as a birthday present...." she pouted which I found it absolutely cute. "Never will it be expensive." I smiled confidently. "Jinjia? Gomawo oppa!" she laughed and hugged me tightly. I fished out my wallet from my pocket and passed her some money. "Buy all the things you like with this money. Happy Birthday babe." She smiled while taking the money, with a kiss on my cheek. "Thank you oppa! You are the best!"

It's good to see her smile again, I thought as my mood brightened up.

 

Minseo POV

*He gave me money! Party with my friends tonight! Luckily he is not free to celebrate my birthday, if not I guess he is ganna propose to me.* I smirked as I continued to listen in class.

­­Your POV

Finally, school ended as I rushed home as told by umma.

"Umma, I am home!" I ran up my room after greeting some of  the maids.

"M-" I was about to call out for my mom when I saw the dress lied on my bed. "Woah!" I was mesmerized by it as I got closer. "Oh, Minji. Do you like it? It's the dress for your dinner." Mom said as she came near me. "Get washed up Minji, or you will be late. I will tell Uncle Choi to drive you there later. I will get going to meet your dad and head there first. You're on your own." She bid goodbye. "Ne…" I was actually listening to what she said as I was admiring the royal purple dress in front of my eyes. I quickly washed up and wore the dress before letting down my hair and perm it into big waves curls. I put on some light make up and took down my spectacles and replaced them with contact lens. I went into my walk-in-wardrobe to look for a suitable pair of heels before landing my eyes on the black ribbon one.

After getting ready, I walked down to meet Mr. Choi. "Good evening, Miss." He greeted me with his bright smile as usual. "Good Evening, Uncle Choi." I bowed back.  He opened the back door for me as I bowed a little as I sat in. The trip was rather peaceful before I reached the destination. I bowed as I got off the car.

With trembling heart, I walked into the restaurant carefully and was greeted by the waiter. The waiter led me into the VIP room as I bowed a little. My eyes scanned around the room and saw my parents and at the other side of the table was another two unfamiliar female and male. Just then, my eyes shifted to this young guy… *I-Isn't he…K-Kai?* I was so puzzled at the situation as I tilted my head to one side. "Come honey, sit here." My mom pulled me to sit beside him. "Hey gorgeous," Kai started. My heart started pounding so fast as if its ganna drop out. *He is talking to me! My dream!* I was screaming inside. "H-Hey." I start to stutter. "What's your name?" he asked. *If I tell him… won't he know that I am in his class?* "M-Minji…" I said carefully, waiting for his response. "Hmm… nice name." He casually replied, not realizing that I was the one from his class.  *So he doesn’t even remember my name…* I felt relieved that he didn’t realize but yet heartbroken that he did not remember me at all.

The dinner was casual yet interesting. This might be the first time and the last time I can talk to Kai like this, so I treasured this 2 hours, telling him as much about me as possible, hoping that one day he will find out that I am the girl sitting by the corner, always admiring him.

 

Kai POV

  "So… what's your hobby?" I asked her. "S-Singing…" She replied. *Why is she always stuttering?* I threw that thought away and smiled at her. "Oh wow, mine is dancing. Maybe we can collaborate some time if we have the chance to." She nodded slightly, plastering a grin on her face.

The dinner was comfortable for me, talking to her or listening to her talk. She is a shy girl I can see as she always stutters when I praise her.

Time flies as the two hours flew past at a blink of eye. It might be the best dinner I had ever eaten with other companies' daughter. We bid goodbye to them as we proceeded home.

"What do you think about the girl?" my father asked in the car. "She is nice and pretty." I replied shortly while typing a message to Minseo. "Good…" my father muttered but I was too busy texting Minseo, neglecting my father's reaction, ignoring the reason behind his reaction.

"Baby, Happy Birthday~<3 I love you. I am sorry that I cannot celebrate your birthday with you babe. I make sure to make up to you with your present tomorrow <3" I sent a message to Minseo.

 

Minseo POV

I was partying with my friends all day long after school, going to the club that is owned by my friend. We played, drank, danced and flirt. "Yah, when are you going to break up with that Jongin guy and go back to your Dongjoon?" my friend asked me suddenly. "After I have his money." I responded shortly with a smirk. "He is so nice to me, giving me money at my birthday, buying me so much expensive gifts during all the different locations. The most important thing is that…he loves me more than anyone else… I can ask him anything and he will do it for me, isn't it good? I think he can even die for me." I scoffed a little. "That Jongin… will be my love puppet…" I laughed with my friends as I received a message. 

"See guys?" I showed them the message from Jongin. They all awed at how sweet the text was. "Told you guys. Actually sometimes I really think he is too clingy and touchy,  but because of his money, I can take it." I smirked as I replied to his message,

"Thank you oppa. Don’t feel guilty, I love you too~ Goodnight oppa <3"

before throwing my phone aside and party with my girls and the guys in the club again, forgetting about Jongin for the time being.

 

 


OMG GUYS, I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONGG >< HOPE THIS CHAPTER DOESN'T DISAPPOINT YOU >< I WILL BE UPDATING MORE OFTEN I PROMISE <3 LOVE YOU GUYS <3

GOODNIGHT GUYS <3