Chapter 4

Underneath Tears...

Kai POV

Whistling, I went home after sending Minseo back to her place. With swift moves, I unlocked the door and walked in, greeted by the maids near the door as I did the same. I walked in deeper to my living room, shocked to see all EXO members and that pretty girl that I had dinner with sitting there, looking troubled with my parents.

Feeling uneasy, I walked towards them slowly. "Appa, umma?" I called out to them, giving them a little shocked. "O-Oh son, you are back." My father smiled grudgingly. I carefully sit beside Sehun, nudging him, asking softly, "Wae?" He turned his head to look at me, giving me a sorrowful eye contact. I scratched my neck awkwardly, "Dad, what happened?" He let out a loud sigh before telling me, "Son, you have to get married." I thought, "Great time to tell Appa that I am marrying Minseo!" With a grin on my face, I started. "I am getting married,  appa. Just nice~ I just proposed to Minseo and she accepted. We are going to get married soon!" I clapped and jumped off my seat. Much to my surprise, this sentence brought them a more dreadful look. "Wae? Aren't you guys happy for me? Appa, don’t you want me to get married?" I tilted my head to look at EXO. They just avoided my eye contact.

"Jongin ah… I am sorry…" Appa finally started, leaving me puzzled. "Wae? Why are you apologizing appa?" I asked when he was exchanging eye contact with umma. "You cannot marry Minseo…" his words crashed down like big rocks that my heart couldn’t handle. "What?! What did you say?! Why can't I marry her?!" I yelled back, wanting an explanation so badly. "You h-have to marry M-Minji…" he continued cautiously. "WHAT?! WHY?! WHY HER?! I DON’T EVEN KNOW HER!" I screamed, standing up from my sitting position while Suho hyung tried to pull me down, but I shook his hand off harshly.  "She is my collaborating company's partner's daughter. You have to marry her as a promise so that my company wouldn’t bankrupt. I accepted the marriage, because I didn’t know you will propose to Minseo…" Father carefully explained as fire started to burn up to the brim of my brain. "WHY CAN'T I EVEN CHOOSE MY OWN FUTURE?! MARRYING A GIRL THAT I DON'T LIKE?! WHAT KIND OF COMPANY ARE YOU COLLABORATING, APPA?! GIVING OFF SUCH A RIDICULOUS CONDITION! I BET THE DAUGHTER IS NO BETTER!" I yelled at my dad as I glared at the girl who was sitting at a corner of the sofa, looking down on the floor. "How dare you Jongin? She is a nice girl." He stood up from his seat. "IF SHE IS NICE, SHE WON'T BE HERE! SUCH A . WANT ME TO MARRY HER?! NO WAY!" I rebutted back. "KIM JONGIN!" my father growled at me. "Don’t you dare to criticize her! She did nothing wrong!" I snarled at the girl, "I thought she was nice and pretty but I can't believe she is this kind of girl! I hate you and I swear I won't marry you!" I shouted into her face, while pointing at her nose tip. She stood up with teary eyes, running out of the house. "KIM JONGIN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" my dad slammed the table. "WHAT?! SHE IS A ! WHY SHOULD I MARRY HER?! YOU KNOW I HAVE MINSEO, YOU KNOW THAT I WOULD FINALLY PROPOSE TO HER. YOU KNOW THAT! THEN WHY MUST YOU FORCE ME TO MARRY THAT GIRL?!" Tears started to roll down my cheeks.

At the corner of my eyes, I see Sehun walking out of the house. *Don’t tell me he is going to find that .* I mentally snorted. "I have no choice, Jongin…. You have to marry her so that we won't get bankrupt." My dad pleaded. "SO NOW IT'S MY FAULT THAT WE ARE GOING TO GET BANKRUPT?! WHY DO I NEED TO MARRY HER! NO I WON'T!" I stomped up to my room angrily.

 

Your POV

I ran out of the house after that Jongin guy humiliated me. "How can he say that?" I sobbed as I sat down at the park bench, alone. Everywhere was filled with darkness and coldness as I sat there. Suddenly, I felt someone sitting beside. I turned my head to that direction, seeing Sehun there with his infamous expressionless face. He tugged into his pocket and passed me a tissue. "Thank you." I mumbled with my cracked voice. "Welcome." He greeted back as he turned his head to look in another direction. "Jongin is very angry right?" I asked carefully, wiping my tears. "Definitely. He only has Minseo in his eyes." Sehun sighed. "Actually, we all are not fond of Minseo… she changed a lot as time passed." I just nodded my head. "I know it will be hard for you, but bear with it. You have the rest of EXO to help you out. Don’t worry." I could feel his caring from his words through his cold tone. *He is better than I thought he would be.* I mentally smiled. "It's getting late, let me send you home. Luhan hyung wanted me to do this. Don’t misunderstand." He immediately explained while tugging his hands into his pocket once again, standing up. I chuckled a little as I stood up, walking to the direction of my house. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he followed me behind like my bodyguard.

Finally, after the long silence, we had reached our house. "I should go in, thank you by the way." I bowed a little towards him. "No problem. By the way, you should smile more. See you more often if possible." He shrugged and walked home. "Only if you know that I am in the same class as you…." I muttered to myself, disappointed.  Remembering his compliment, my cheeks heated up again as I ran into the house, temporarily forgetting what had happened at Jongin's house.

"Thank you Sehun." I smiled while looking up at the ceiling, before drifting into sleep.

Sehun POV

  On the way home after sending the Minji girl home, I called Luhan hyung. "Hyung, I have safely sent her home, don’t worry. She is fine. I hope Jongin will be fine too. I am heading home now, see you tomorrow, hyung." I ended the call as I reached home. I lied on my king-sized bed, thinking about the walk with Minji. "She looks familiar… but I can't tell where I've seen her before…" I ruffled my fringe before shaking that thought away. Slowly, I drifted off into sleep after my shower…


Hello guys, sorry for the late update~ I hope you guys will like this chapter as I am working on the next chapter~ I will be kinda busy next week, but I will update as soon as possible okay~ Stay tune pleasee <3

Night guys <3