Chapter 8

How to tame a playboy

 

On Monday morning when Jonghyun woke up he felt extremely happy. At first he couldn't quite figure out why, but then he remembered the earlier day. He smiled, got up from bed and after getting out of his room he decided to sneak into Key's room. But when he got there, he realized the room was empty.

"Morning! I'm assuming yesterday went well since Key agreed to come back home with you?" Minho greeted him when he came to the kitchen. Jonghyun looked around, and said:

"Yeah, everything's fine now. Where is Kibum?"

"Dance class, like every other morning."

Jonghyun pouted, but then he said:

"Well hopefully he and Taeminnie will make up there. It's weird that they had a fight..."

Minho looked at him and he didn't look happy.

"First of all: Don't call my boyfriend "Taeminnie" and second of all: They're fighting? Why hasn't Taemin told me?"

"Beats me. What's wrong with "Taeminnie?" Don't worry, I'm not taking him away from you. I already have-" Jonghyun stopped his sentence and blushed a bit.

"Yes?"

"I- I'm just not interested, no matter how cute he is. It's just a nickname."

Minho just looked at him, but then let it go and accepted Jonghyun's awkward explanation.

--------

So, Jonghyun had to go to his classes without seeing Key. At the school Onew was already waiting for him with a smug smile on his face.

"Hey, what are you smiling like that for?" Jonghyun asked.

"Oh nothing. Where did you leave your new boyfriend?"

Onew's sentence made Jonghyun jump a bit.

"Huh?"

Onew looked at him and continued:

"You know? Kim Kibum. Or did you already forget yesterday?"

"Oooh. No, but I did forget that you were there and saw it all..." Jonghyun lowered his head like an embarrassed puppy. Onew laughed, patted his back and said:

"Don't worry, man. I'm happy for you! And if you don't want to tell everyone yet, I'll promise to keep quiet."

Jonghyun looked at his friend and asked:

"You're okay with it? You know, me dating a guy...?"

"Yeah? Kibum seems like a fun guy and there's nothing wrong with being gay. So yeah, you have my blessing, if you were waiting for it." Onew smirked and Jonghyun sighed of relief.

"Hey! Dino-Boy!"

Jonghyun turned around confused about the sudden loud voice. Then he saw the girls from yesterday walking towards him.

"Dino-Boy?" Jonghyun repeated with a questioning tone on his voice. The boyish girl smirked and explained:

"Well yeah! You kinda look like a dinosaur so you're Dino-Boy. Plus I don't remember your name."

"It's Kim Jonghyun." the other girl whispered.

"Dino-Jjong then, I don't care. I just wanna know what happened yesterday?  Did you apologize to Key properly and did he come home with you?"

"Yes, I did and yes he did?" Jonghyun was a bit offended by the girl's question.

"Well where is he now?"

"Dance class! What is this, an interrogation?"

Before the short haired girl could open , the other one said:

"No, sorry. Amber just sometimes gets overprotective of her friends and loved ones. I'm Sulli, by the way."

Jonghyun smiled at her and said:

"Alright then, I guess that's understandable. Nice to meet you properly, Amber and Sulli."

"Yeah... Sorry about that. I just don't like to see my friends cry, so I got a bit carried away." Amber muttered.

There was a small silence, which was interrupted by Onew saying:

"My name's Onew, if anyone's interested..."

Sulli gasped.

"Did you say Onew? Lee Jinki, Jessica's boyfriend?"

Onew's face melted into a smile and he said:

"You know Jessica? Yeah, she's my girlfriend."

"Yeah, or actually I know her sister, Krystal. I've heard many things about you, it's nice to finally meet you!"

When Jonghyun heard the name "Krystal" he let out a small, embarrassed groan. Everyone looked at him and Onew smirked, but didn't say anything.

"Uuuh, we should probably go to class now. See you later, girls." Jonghyun said quickly and pulled Onew with him away from the slightly curious looking girls.

---------

"Taemin! Taemin!" Key rushed to Taemin immediately after their dance class ended. Taemin turned around surprised.

"Oh, hi Kibum."

"I have something to tell you! Let's just wait till the others leave..."

After waiting, Taemin asked a bit nervously:

"Aren't you mad at me...?"

"What? No! If someone should be angry, it's you. I was too harsh on you, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry."

Taemin looked relieved and said:

"It's okay. I'm sorry too, for butting into your business."

"I already said, no need to apologize. But hey that wasn't what I wanted to say!"

When Key told everything about yesterday to Taemin, he clapped his hands and cheered:

"I knew it was just a matter of time before you guys would start dating! I'm so happy for you!"

Key just smiled and then they went to change clothes.

 

------

 

Jonghyun was sitting in the cafeteria with Onew and Minho, when he finally saw Key for the first time that day. He was wearing a big, partly see through black shirt that had a big, white skull on it and under that he had a black wife beater. He was also wearing grey skinny jeans. He looked absolutely perfect, so perfect that when he noticed Jonghyun and waved at him, Jonghyun didn't even realize it first.

"Hey, guys!" Key said happily and sat next to Jonghyun. Taemin, who had been walking behind him sat next to Minho and nodded to Onew.

"Hi, I'm Taemin."

"Onew. I guess you could say I'm some sort of a friend of this ." Onew motioned towards Jonghyun with his head.

"Gee, thanks a lot..." Jonghyun pretended to be hurt, but when Key ruffled his hair, he forgot everything.

"You didn't wake me up this morning, so I thought you had disappeared again..." he pouted at Key.

"Aww, I'm sorry. I did sneak into your room, but you looked so cute while sleeping, that I didn't have the heart to wake you up." Key smiled and poked Jonghyun gently in his stomach.

"Pffth, me cute? You're the cute one, don't even try saying anything else!" Jonghyun answered to his poke by starting to tickle him, making him giggle.

"Ahahaha stop, stop!"

"No way, you asked for it! There's only one way to get me to stop!"

"And what's that?" Key asked smiling curiously, trying to keep Jonghyun's hands away. Jonghyun smirked, but then he felt like someone was watching them. He turned his head and saw Taemin, Minho and Onew smiling at him charmingly.

"Uuh, never mind." Jonghyun muttered and turned away from Key, who looked confused.

"Oh, don't mind us, Love Birds." Onew smirked and Minho and Taemin nodded.

"Ah, we're not..." Jonghyun tried to object, but Key interrupted him:

"Sorry, I told Taemin, and I'm pretty sure he texted Minho about it..."

"Yeah well, Onew was at the cafe yesterday, so..." Jonghyun started and Minho finished his sentence:

"So everyone sitting here knows. Actually Taemin didn't text me, but I kind of figured it out myself. It was pretty obvious. So relax, no one on this table is judging you."

Jonghyun smiled, but he still looked a bit nervous.

 

------

 

After both of their classes had ended, Jonghyun and Key got to leave from school together. They walked quietly for awhile, but then Key opened his mouth.

"Are you sure?"

Jonghyun looked at him questioningly. Key sighed.

"Are you sure you want to be with me? You seemed a bit bothered about others knowing earlier today."

Jonghyun stopped and grabbed Key's hand.

"Don't think for a second that it's because I'm embarrassed of you or something! It's just... I'm a coward. I'm afraid of what people will say. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. I'm sorry and I understand if you think I'm being annoying..."

Jonghyun looked so genuinely sad that Key just had to hug him.

"Don't worry, I get it. We can keep a low profile for awhile, if it makes you feel better?"

"That... That would be good. I mean we don't have to lie if someone asks, but just... You know."

Key smiled, still hugging Jonghyun and whispered:

"We'll just hold hands through the cat flap."

"What?"

"Ah, nothing. It's fine."

Key let go of Jonghyun and was about to continue walking, but then Jonghyun grabbed his hand and started leading him to another direction.

"Ah, what is it now? Where are we going?"

Jonghyun smiled at him and said:

"Guess."

"Seriously? Come on, tell me!"

He didn't say anything until they had reached the centre of the town. There he stopped, turned to smile and finally announced:

"We are going to go on a date. Pick a place you want to go to."

 


I'M BAAACK!! This chapter is a bit short once again, but I'm thinking about actually making this part one of chapter 8 and the next one will be part 2. Not sure yet, though. It's sort of a cliffhanger, but I swear I'll update faster than I did with this chapter XD

Uuum I don't really know what to say about this chapter... Oh yeah, there's a small reference to a certain tv-show in this chapter, can someone recognize it? :D

Ah well, hope you enjoyed this short update, I'll write the next one as fast as I can! ^^