Chapter 11

How to tame a playboy

 

When Jonghyun woke up, he had to stop and think for awhile before realizing where he was. He turned to look at the boy who was still sleeping soundly next him and he couldn't help but smile.

Yesterday had been the most perfect day of his life so far. He had never been this happy to wake up next to someone before. He decided to wake Key up by leaning closer to him and smothering him with kisses.

"Ah, what? Oh.. Morning, Jonghyun." Key smiled, after waking up and realizing who had woke him up.

"Morning, cutie. How are you feeling?" Jonghyun asked.

"Good, but I kind of want to take a shower. Care to join me?" Key answered with a smile on his face, as he got up from the bed. Jonghyun smirked and said:

"Yeah, I'll follow you in a minute. I'll just check my phone, I thought I heard it vibrating earlier, but was too lazy to check it."

"Alright, but be quick."

Jonghyun nodded with a smile and Key disappeared in the bathroom. Jonghyun stretched a bit, and then got up to get his jeans from the floor. His phone was in his back pocket.

"What the-?" he said out loud, when he noticed ten missed calls, some from Minho, one from Onew and the rest from Taemin. He felt a bit worried, so after putting his jeans on he decided to call Minho, who answered immediately after the first beep.

"Where the are you?!"

Something was definitely going on, because Minho  didn't usually swear like that. Jonghyun tried not to sound too alarmed, when he replied:

"Woah, chill out. I'm at a hotel, I forgot to put my alarm on.  I just woke up."

"Wha-? At a hotel? What about Kibum?!"

"Calm down, he's here with me. He just decided to take a shower and actually he's kind of waiting for me, if you know what I mean, so can you please be quick and tell me what's up?"

There was a short silence, before Minho suddenly stuttered:

"Oh, uh... So... Did.. Did you guys...?"

"Y-yeah."

Jonghyun was feeling awkward talking to Minho about this.

"Oh, well. Congratulations, I guess. Everything went fine, right?"

"Uh, I think we can talk about my ual experiences some other time. Why has everyone been attacking my phone this morning?" Jonghyun chuckled, and he could practically see the embarrassed look on Minho's face, when he answered:

"Uh, yeah you're right. Um... Have you been on facebook lately?"

Just then Key appeared from the bathroom, looking a bit frustrated and curious of why Jonghyun was taking so long.

"Uh, no, not since yesterday morning. I've had better things to do." Jonghyun answered halfheartedly, because he was making kissy faces at Key, who replied with a seductive lip bite and a wink, followed by an embarrassed giggle. Jonghyun felt like hanging up and jumping Key again.

"Well, something has happened, and I think you should just check it yourself. Go to the facebook page of our school." Minho's voice was making Jonghyun worried, so he told Key to check facebook. Key looked confused, but obeyed anyway.

"What the-?" he gasped after a few seconds.

"What? What is it?" Jonghyun grabbed the phone from Key and when he saw the picture of him and Key, looking at each other and singing, his heart felt like it skipped a few beats.

"What the hell is this?" he asked furiously from Minho, who answered:

"I have no idea, but the whole school has seen it."

Jonghyun froze. The whole school...?

"Jonghyun? Are you ok? Minho, hello?" Key had to take the phone from Jonghyun, because he wasn't getting any reaction from him.

"Is Jonghyun ok? I just told him that the whole school has seen the post and is talking about it." Minho explained.

"Oh, no..." Key sighed.

"You should probably come here and... I don't know, clean up this mess, find out who did it and so on." Minho suggested and Key answered:

"Yeah, you're right. We'll be right there."

Jonghyun seemed to wake up from a trance, when Key ended the call.

"What do you mean 'we'll be right there'? I'm not going anywhere."

Key started putting his clothes on, and said:

"Of course you are, you can't just stay here."

"No, you don't understand. I CAN'T go to school anymore."

"Oh, come on. You can't be serious!"

Jonghyun looked at him angrily and shouted:

"Do you have any idea what this means? My reputation is ruined, everyone is laughing at me!"

Jonghyun regretted his words even before they had escaped his lips. The hurt look on Key's face was heartbreaking.

"Well I am so sorry to have made your life so miserable then. Maybe you should just go to the school without me and explain to everyone that the picture is photoshopped or something. I'll just go home, pack my bags and find another place to live, so you won't have to be bothered anymore!" Key finished shouting just as he got his shirt on, grabbed his bags and started to walk to the door, but Jonghyun grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"No! I.. I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry.  I just... I'm scared."

Key turned around and looked at Jonghyun's eyes and the anger just melted away. He wrapped his arms around Jonghyun, who accepted the hug and pulled Key as close as he could. Key could feel that Jonghyun's whole body was shaking a bit.

"Shh... It'll be okay, I'll be there with you. I know it's scary as hell, but you just can't let stupid people get you down. You haven't done anything wrong." Key whispered. Jonghyun backed away suddenly, looked Key in the eyes, and then nodded.

"Yeah... You're right. I need to get a hold of myself. Let's go."

Key looked at him and then grinned.

"You probably should put on a shirt first, though."

 

"Well? What did they say?" Taemin asked Minho, when he ended the call. Minho looked a bit uneasy as he said:

"Well, they spent the night at a hotel and had just woken up and-"

"Aah! So they finally did it! That's awesome!"

"Uh, I guess? But anyway, they had no idea of the post and were obviously pretty surprised. I think Jonghyun even froze after I told him everyone is talking about it here..."

"Aw, man... No wonder, he's never had to face anything like this. Also his reputation is still a big thing for him, even though he doesn't want to admit it." Onew, who had been standing quietly next to them while Minho had talked on the phone with Jonghyun, said.

"He really shouldn't care about it, if he wants to be with Kibum. Just think about how hurt Kibum will be, if he finds out that Jonghyun cares more about his so called reputation than about him?" Minho said with an angry tone on his voice.

"Even you know that's not true. If Jonghyun has ever liked someone, he likes Kibum and he will definitely not choose his reputation over Kibum. Trust me." Taemin scolded Minho for even thinking about something like that.

"Well, I guess you're right."

 

When Jonghyun and Key stepped through the school gate, Jonghyun started to get nervous again. Even though the yard was completely empty, he still felt like someone was watching him. But it was nothing compared to what was waiting inside.

When they stepped inside, it was like time stopped for a moment. Every single person in the hallway was staring at them, and the whole situation was like from a movie. It felt unreal, but not in a good way.

Jonghyun froze just for a moment, but then he just continued walking through the crowd of now slightly smirking students. Key followed him, completely ignoring the staring. He was used to it.

Even though Jonghyun tried to ignore the whispers and giggling while walking towards upstairs, he could still hear sentences like:

"Well I guess the rumour is true, Jonghyun is playing for the other team now."

"Look, they even came to school together, aww isn't that cute."

"I guess he already went through all of the girls then."

Jonghyun was starting to feel weird. He was starting to get a bit light headed and his breathing was getting more difficult.  He seemed to calm down a bit when Key suddenly took hold of his hand.

"No one's looking at the moment, don't worry." Key said quietly. When they were going upstairs, the amount of staring students decreased.

"To be honest it doesn't really matter anymore. Everyone knows already." Jonghyun said and squeezed Key's hand a bit too hard without noticing. Key didn't say anything though.

"Are you okay?" he asked instead. Jonghyun looked at him and smiled.

"Yeah, I just.. I kinda need to sit down for a moment. I feel like fainting for some reason..."

Luckily there was a sofa where Taemin, Minho and Onew were waiting for them. Taemin came immediately to help Key with Jonghyun, who was really starting to feel awful. When he got to sit down, he covered his head with his hands and leaned down. Key was sitting beside him, but keeping his hands away from him, because he was pretty sure Jonghyun was having an anxiety attack.

"What happened?" Minho and Onew asked at the same time. Taemin was looking at Jonghyun with a worried expression as he had started to tug his hair and his body was trembling.

"We ran into a big crowd of giggling and whispering students in the hall. No one said anything to us, but they didn't really keep their voice down either." Key explained, never taking his eyes off of Jonghyun.

"Oh, yeah.. We've been hearing the same all morning..." Onew said and folded his arms.

"Do you have any idea who is behind this? Who could've taken the picture and posted it?" Minho asked Key, who had carefully started to rub Jonghyun's back, trying to comfort him and calm him down.

"I don't know, it had to be one of the admin's from the facebook page, or someone who knows one of them." Key said quietly, still looking at Jonghyun, who was still hiding his head, but had stopped trembling.

"Or not, it's pretty easy to hack a facebook page nowadays." Onew said and all of them looked at him.

"It wasn't me, I was at home yesterday!"

"Besides, we were at a noraebang, it was a private room. So it has to be one of the people who were there." Key said and that's when Jonghyun suddenly lifted his head up.

"Jonghyun? Are you okay now?" Key asked and everyone was staring at Jonghyun, who was just staring at nothing, until he suddenly said one word:

"Krystal."

"Huh?" Key said, when Jonghyun suddenly got up really quickly. Jonghyun didn't say anything anymore, he just started walking to another direction, ignoring Key shouting at him:

"You shouldn't rush out like that, you might still feel a bit faint!"

"Did he say 'Krystal'?" Onew asked and the others just shrugged while looking confused and worried.

 

That ...! There was no other option than her, how could it have taken so long for him to realize it?

Jonghyun was walking through the school halls, trying to find Krystal, since he knew she would still be loitering around since her mini holiday hadn't ended yet. And he was right. After ten minutes of wandering around, Jonghyun saw Krystal talking with Amber and Sulli in front of a classroom.

"Can I talk to you?" Jonghyun asked without even greeting the others. Krystal looked a bit offended of Jonghyun's harsh tone, but nodded anyway.

"Hey, Dino-Boy. You okay? I've been hearing a lot of today about you and Key." Amber asked before Jonghyun could leave. Jonghyun looked at her and just mumbled:

"Everything's fine. I'm sure Kibum will tell you later."

"Alright...?"

Jonghyun grabbed Krystal's arm and started escorting her somewhere more private. Krystal kept whining and saying that her arm hurts, but Jonghyun didn't care.

"Alright, spill it out." he said, after stopping at an empty hall and letting go of Krystal's arm.

"What do you mean? You were the one who wanted to talk to me!"

"You know exactly what I mean! How did you access the facebook page? Are you an admin or do you know one of them? Because I'm pretty ing sure you're not smart enough to hack anything." Jonghyun growled.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Krystal asked again with a bit of fear in her expression. She was a pretty darn good actress. Jonghyun took his phone out, opened facebook and showed it to her.

"This! The photo you posted!"

Krystal looked at the photo, read the text and let out a small giggle. Jonghyun pushed her against the wall and shouted:

"What the is so funny?! You really think this kind of thing will get me to like you?!"

"Ugh, don't flatter yourself! I have nothing to do with that picture. Believe me, if I had done it, I would've told everyone myself and not post it anonymously. Go big or go home." Krystal was now just staring at Jonghyun, without a hint of fear in her eyes anymore. Not even after being pushed against the wall.

"Oh please, as if anyone else could've done it. You are the only one who has a motive to ruin my life!"

"There you go again! I don't give a if you don't want to be with me. If you prefer being with a guy, then be my guest. I can get anyone I want, and trust me, you're not the hottest guy in town, even if you probably think you are."

After saying that Krystal pushed Jonghyun away and started walking to the other direction, leaving Jonghyun staring at her with a slightly confused face.

 

"What happened?" Minho asked, when Jonghyun came back. Their classes were about to start, so Jonghyun didn't answer, he just walked straight to Key and hugged him. When Key just looked at him confused, he just answered:

"I needed strength to get through my lesson without you. See you at lunch?"

Key smiled and nodded. Then he and Taemin started walking to another direction and so did Onew, after nodding at them. Jonghyun sighed and then followed Minho into their classroom.

Jonghyun ignored all of the staring students and sat down behind Minho. The teacher hadn't arrived yet, so everyone was whispering to each other, just like in the hallway earlier. Jonghyun tried to concentrate on something else, and decided to start writing a text message for Key. But before he could finish the message, someone suddenly called out his name.

"Hey, Kim Jonghyun!"

One of the students, whose name Jonghyun didn't even know, was staring at him with a not so pleasant smirk on his face.

"So, tell us. Is this Kibum thing a phase, or are you strictly into now?"

Jonghyun closed his eyes, breathed in and out calmly and ignored the idiot. Too bad he was not gonna give up.

"I mean obviously it's good if you stop picking up all the girls, so there's some left for us, but if you start hunting US next, then we're gonna have a big problem."

"Yeah well, I wouldn't worry about that. You are definitely not even close to being my type." Jonghyun turned around and smiled charmingly. The guy squinted his eyes a bit, while others laughed.

"As if I'd want to be a guy's type... You just keep on ing that disgusting boy toy of yours, leave the girl's to us real men."

Minho couldn't stop Jonghyun, he got up so quickly and attacked the student. Others backed away quickly as Jonghyun punched him straight in the face, making him fall to the floor. Jonghyun kneeled down, took hold of the boy's collar and hissed:

"Don't EVER talk like that about Kibum. He is not my "toy", and he is definitely not disgusting!"

"Dude, he's a ing ."

"Shut the up! He's twice the man you'll ever be!" Jonghyun shouted and punched him again. He was going to continue beating the out of him, but just then the teacher came in and Minho pulled Jonghyun away.

"What on Earth is happening here?! Kim Jonghyun, go to the principal's office! This is not acceptable behaviour!"

Jonghyun didn't say anything, he just glared at the guy still laying on the floor, holding his bleeding nose, and then rushed out of the class. Minho looked at his direction with a worried expression and then texted Key.

 

"So, Kim Jonghyun. Here again. Whose girlfriend have you taken now?" the principal smirked at Jonghyun, when he had entered her office. Jonghyun smiled and said:

"It wasn't that kind of a fight this time..."

"Oh, I can see that. You're not the one with a black eye. So, what was the reason you decided to start kicking your classmate's ?"

Jonghyun chuckled at the principal's choice of words and then sighed.

"Because... He talked about my... boyfriend."

The principal looked at him for awhile and then she gasped:

"What? Kim Jonghyun, the lady killer has a boyfriend?! I must say, I am shocked. Not in a bad way, but... Shocked."

"Yeah, I know. But.. He's perfect. And I just can't listen to anyone badmouth him like that. So I kind of lost it."

The principal smiled at him. She had never heard Jonghyun talk so beautifully about anyone.

"Well, you have to remember that there will always be people who will pest you about your relationship and you can't beat them all up. You'll just have to get used to it, as cruel as it sounds. Have you actually come out as a couple, or how did he know to start dissing your boyfriend?"

Jonghyun hesitated a bit, but decided to tell the principal about the facebook thing. Needless to say, she was furious and promised to make sure to find out who had done it. Jonghyun got out with just a warning this time because his reason had been noble.

When Jonghyun stepped out of the principal's office, he saw Key waiting for him. He got up and ran to Jonghyun and asked:

"What happened? Minho texted me and said that you started a fight!"

Jonghyun smiled at him and then kissed him. Key was a bit surprised and said:

"But.. What if someone sees?"

"I honestly don't care at the moment. I want to know who posted the photo, but everything else is irrelevant. Since the secret is out, there's no point in hiding anymore. People are gonna talk , but I don't care anymore. I just care about you."

Key smiled and then said:

"You wanna go home?"

"Yeah... I'm tired. All I wanna do now is cuddle the out of you."

Key laughed and said:

"Wow, you are so romantic with your words. But yeah, sounds nice. I'll text Taemin and Minho that we're gonna leave."

"Sounds good."

Key looked at his phone and squinted his eyes a bit. Then he said to Jonghyun:

"Uh, how about you go ahead? I realized I forgot my jacket in my classroom."

"Alright, but be quick."

"I will!"

 

When Key was far enough to be sure that Jonghyun wouldn't catch him or hear him, he looked at the 1 Missed Call text and pressed the green button to call back.

"Kibum? Are you okay?" a familiar, worried voice answered from the phone.

Key sighed.

"Yes, Woohyun. What is it?"

"I just wanted to make sure, since I heard that Jonghyun had punched someone today."

"What, you thought he punched me? He would never do anything to hurt me!" Key was getting frustrated.

"Maybe not on purpose... But he's already showed many signs that he isn't comfortable with being with you. I just don't think he's good for you."

"Oh, and you were?" Key said angrily.

"Well at least I wasn't ashamed of you."

"Yeah, until you cheated on me. Which Jonghyun would never do."

"How can you be so sure, I mean he's never been in a relationship for more than a week?" Woohyun's voice was also starting to sound frustrated.

"I just do. I trust him. Deal with it."

"Fine. But don't tell me I didn't warn you."

Woohyun hung up, leaving Key staring at his phone with a slightly worried expression on his face. Then his phone started ringing again and Key saw Jonghyun staring at him from the screen.

"Hello? Yeah, sorry. I'll be right down!"

Key hung up, shook his head and then started walking downstairs. He didn't need this right now, he really didn't.

 


SURPRISE I BET YOU THOUGHT yeah okay let's not go there.

I'm back to business! The reason for my hiatus has been a)school stuff b)summer holiday+job and c) I was writing a birthday fic collection for my dear friend JongHen (you can check it out here:http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/790574/love-university-a-bday-gift-for-jonghen-eunhae-jongkey-kyumin-banghim-daejae-universityau It's got JongKey in it too ;) Well it's going to, actually. I still have 2 chapters to write.

ANYWAY dun dun duuun the secret is out (like you found out last chapter, but... yeah). But who is the culprit who posted the picture, hmmm? Did Krystal lie or was it actually someone else? Find out later! 

I don't know much about anxiety attacks, so if I got something wrong, I'm sorry ;__; 

Do people ship WooKey romantically? Well hopefully because we got to know another secret hehehe yeah I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, I'm tired. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I promise the next one is gonna come in less than three months XD