Chapter 12

How to tame a playboy

 

"Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum, Amber Liu, Choi Jinri, Bang Cheol Yong and Nam Woohyun, please come to the principal's office immediately."

Jonghyun jumped a bit when he suddenly heard his name and Minho and a lot of other students in the classroom turned around to look at him curiously. Their teacher nodded at Jonghyun who got up from his seat and walked out of the classroom.

Jonghyun was pretty sure why the principal wanted to see all of them, but he was still a bit nervous. He didn't want anyone innocent to get in trouble.

He saw Kibum walking towards him from another direction and he looked a bit worried too.

"You ok?" he asked and Jonghyun nodded.

At the door to the principal's office they saw Sulli, Amber and Mir. All of them looked a bit confused.

"You know anything about this?" Amber asked them and Jonghyun looked at the floor as he explained:

"Ah... I might've mentioned something to the principal about the photo of us leaking to the internet..."

"You... You don't think it was us who did it?" Sulli asked with a worried tone on her voice. Jonghyun didn't have time to answer because just then Woohyun appeared to the room and at the same time the principal opened her door.

 

"I believe all of you know why I invited you here?" the principal started, after everyone had entered her office. While some of them looked a bit confused, most of the students in the room were nodding.

"I must say I am highly disappointed in you. The school did not make that facebook page for people to gossip about or especially bully other students. And even if it had been posted somewhere else, it was an absolutely awful thing to do! I don't know who did it, but I can assure you, I will eventually find out. A confession would make my job easier, of course."

The principal looked at each and every one of them in the eye, but no one said a word, so she sighed.

"Fine. I wasn't really expecting to get one easily anyway. I'm going to question all of you individually now and if I don't get some answers, you are all going to get detention. Yes, you heard me, I don't care that this is college. If you act like a child, you get treated like a child. Miss Choi, you will be first. Others will wait outside to be called."

Sulli looked a bit frightened, but when Amber turned to ruffle her hair and whispered something, she nodded and smiled bravely. Jonghyun was feeling a bit guilty, because he was 100% sure Sulli was not the culprit behind the photo.

"Well, that's brilliant." Woohyun sighed after the door had closed behind them. Key looked at him quickly and Jonghyun raised his eye brows.

"What?"

"It's nice that you guys think it was one of us that posted that damn picture online. Feels good to be trusted."

"Well it had to be someone in that room!" Key said angrily. Woohyun squinted his eyes at him and continued:

"I don't even understand what the big deal is. If you're so perfectly happy together, then why keep it a secret? Or maybe that boyfriend of yours still wants to keep his options open and is now mad that no girl is ever gonna approach him again now that they know he's into guys."

"Shut up, you know nothing about Jonghyun! You have no right to be talking about him like that!" Key shouted, but Jonghyun grabbed his arm and pulled him closer and said:

"Stop it, Key. Guys, I'm sorry I got you into this mess. I'm pretty sure I know who posted the picture, and it's none of you. It's Krystal."

Everyone looked surprised and Amber furrowed her brows and said:

"Krystal? Why would she do something like that?"

Jonghyun looked a bit uneasy as he explained:

"Well, we once had a pretty disastrous date, but that night she said she wanted to give me a second chance. I refused, because I'm with Key now, and I'm pretty sure she got pissed and wanted to revenge."

Key turned to smile at him and he returned the smile. But just then they heard a voice from the other end of the room:

"Oh, you are SO full of yourself!"

Krystal was standing at the other door and staring at them angrily. She stomped to Jonghyun and said:

"I already told you that I had nothing to do with the photo! Do you really think so highly of yourself that you really believe I would do something like that just because you happened to turn me down?"

Jonghyun's cheeks were getting a bit red because of embarrassment as he answered:

"N-No... But you are the only one who has a valid motive to do something like that."

Before Krystal could answer, the principal opened the door and let Sulli out.

"Oh, hello Krystal. You can be next, so you'll get to go back to your own school. Thank you for coming on such short notice."

Krystal smiled and entered the principal's office. The door closed again.

 

The day continued like that. One person after another went to the principal's office and came back after ten to fifteen minutes. Jonghyun didn't really have anything new to tell the principal on his turn and he came out of the room after only five minutes.

"So, did you lie to the principal about me?" Krystal asked immediately when Jonghyun stepped out of the principal's office. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and dodged the question by asking:

"Weren't you supposed to go back to your school?"

Krystal just stared at him, waiting for an answer. Jonghyun sighed.

"No, I didn't say anything about you. I... I'm still not sure if I believe you, but I don't have any proof against you so I didn't want to waste the principal's time."

Krystal just nodded. Then she said something to Sulli and Amber and left the room.

"So... What now? Can we leave?" Amber asked, since Jonghyun had been the last to talk to the principal. Jonghyun shrugged, but just then the principal came out of her office.

"Alright, so apparently the culprit has been a random, invisible person or someone of you is lying. I thought that you would be able to tell me at least privately, but since no one apparently is going to be a responsible adult, you are all getting detention like I said earlier. Not you, Jonghyun and Kibum, but the rest of you."

Everyone started protesting and even Jonghyun tried to reason with the principal.

"Listen, it's really not necessary... I mean you can't punish them all?"

The principal looked at him and then sighed.

"Fine. I am giving you a week to confess. And if I still don't know who did it, there will be consequences. Slander is a serious thing and just because social media is becoming more and more popular, it doesn't mean you can post anything online. One week. You may leave now."

The principal went back to her office and the room became silent. Everyone was watching Jonghyun and Key.

"Listen... I... I really don't know what to say..." Jonghyun said, but Mir and Woohyun just turned around and left the room without saying a word.

"Jonghyun... Do you really think it was Krystal?" Sulli asked after a few seconds of silence. Jonghyun looked at her and thought for awhile.

"I... I don't know. But who else could it have been? Not you, that's for sure."

Sulli smiled and then said:

"I don't know... But Krystal has never been vengeful. Sure, she can be selfish at times and (pardon my language) "a total " to some people, but she doesn't keep grudges."

Jonghyun just nodded. He didn't really know what to think anymore.

"We better go back to class now... Wait... Where did Key go?" Amber suddenly asked and Jonghyun looked around only to realize that the boy was gone.

 

"Nam Woohyun!"

Kibum had been following Woohyun for awhile, waiting for Mir to go to another direction. Woohyun turned around and smirked when he saw Kibum walking towards him.

"Missing me already?"

"I wouldn't miss you even if we never saw each other again. What the hell is wrong with you?

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you have to be such an to Jonghyun all the time?! He hasn't done anything to you!"

Woohyun rolled his eyes and said:

"Like hell he hasn't. He took you away from me."

"Excuse me?! I didn't even know Jonghyun when we broke up!" Kibum shouted, and then looked around to check if anyone had heard. The hallway was empty, thankfully.

"Maybe, but that should've never happened. I know what I did, but it was one time and I regret it! And at least I was never ashamed of being with you, unlike someone..."

"Oh shut up! You know nothing about him so leave him alone! You and I are finished, I am much happier with Jonghyun."

Woohyun smirked again and asked:

"Do you think he would be happy if he found out about us though?"

Kibum gulped and just stared at him.

"Hah, I knew it. You haven't told him."

"What does it matter? I haven't asked about all of his exes, so why should he know of mine?"

"Well, the difference with you two is that he has slept maybe with hundreds of women so it would take days for him to tell you about his exes. If I remember correctly, you told me I was your first."

Kibum blushed a bit and then just turned around and started walking away from Woohyun.

"Say hi to Jonghyunnie from me!"

"I hate you!"

 

At 11 am Jonghyun met Minho and Taemin and Onew at the school cafeteria. Kibum was still missing.

"Hey, how did it go? Did you find out who posted the picture?" Taemin asked immediately after Jonghyun had sat down. Jonghyun shook his head and said:

"He or she has a week to confess or everyone gets in trouble."

"Damn, that's awful..."

"Yeah... I hate this, it's all my fault." Jonghyun leaned on the table and sighed.

"What? No it's not, how could you say that?" Minho asked with a confused tone in his voice.

"If I had just been open about my relationship with Kibum, no one would have posted that picture and no one would be in trouble. God, this !"

"Kim Jonghyun, don't you even think about blaming yourself!"

Jonghyun turned around to see Kibum walk towards them and sit next to him.

"Hey, I was worried. Where did you go?"

Kibum smiled, gave Jonghyun a kiss on his cheek and said:

"I had something to do. Did you miss me already?"

"Of course I did. But... I'm serious, if I hadn't been such a coward, nothing like this would've happened."

"Yes it would've, it would've just been different. People are heads and post stuff like this on the internet regardless of the situation. We should just forget about it for awhile and try thinking about something fun for a change. I know, we should go on a doubl- NO wait Onew has a girlfriend so triple date! Sounds fun, right?" Kibum asked excitedly. The others looked at him and Jonghyun said:

"Uhh, I don't know... We just were on a date and well it didn't end up too well."

Kibum raised his eyebrows at him and said:

"Oh? I thought it ended up pretty goddamn well."

Jonghyun realized what he meant right away and started giggling while blushing a bit. Kibum smiled and said:

"See? There's that smile I've been missing."

Jonghyun pulled Kibum closer and kissed his temple. Taemin, Minho and Onew smiled at them and Taemin asked:

"So where should we go then? To our triple date?"

Onew answered before Kibum even had time to think:

"Actually, Jessica told me about this amusement park she wanted to visit with me. It's not super close, but we could go on a weekend. How does that sound?"

"That sounds awesome! Right, guys?" Taemin asked and everyone nodded.

After that they continued talking only about happy things and Jonghyun felt like nothing could make his smile fade away anymore.

 


I'm back!

I feel like basically nothing happened in this chapter, but still it was over 2000 words... Huh. Sorry if this chapter might be a bit boring...

The mystery is still... well, a mystery. We'll see when they will fins out who the culprit is hmmm. Some of you might have guessed it already but I'm not telling hehe~

I just want to make a happy chapter next, for a change. Let's hope everything goes well on their triple date......... ;)

Until next time, bye bye~!

 

Ps. Check out mine and ssjewel's new BTS fic http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/832562/everyday-gives-a-chance-kick-off-your-shoes-and-dance-bts-taejin-jikook-hogi-got7-jinmark ! I'm really excited about it ;w;