Chapter 9

How to tame a playboy

Key just stared at Jonghyun for awhile, making Jonghyun nervous. But before he could say anything, Key smiled suddenly and shook his head.

"You sure know how to surprise me."

Jonghyun smiled and said:

"Well? What do you want to do?"

"What? Mister "I-Date-Everyone" is gonna make me plan our first date?" Key asked with a small smile, making Jonghyun panic a bit.

"Ah, no I just... To be honest I have no idea what you like to do... With girls it's just movies, dinner, amusement parks or something like that, but... For you I want it to be super special..."

Jonghyun's blushing made Key giggle a bit.

"Oh you, you're thinking way too much! Listen, how about we do something we both like? Nothing super fancy, let's just hang out. You don't have to impress me, that has already happened a long time ago. What is the thing you like to do most  when you want to have fun?"

Jonghyun had to think for a few seconds, then he shyly said:

"Well, I like singing and music in general... But I don't really know if that helps..."

"You like singing? Who's keeping things from who now! I had no idea!" Key pouted and Jonghyun shrugged, smiling a bit nervously.

"I haven't really told anyone. I don't even know why. But anyway. How about you? What do you do for fun?"

"Well I love shopping. And dancing, obviously, but I do that enough in dance class already." Key said and Jonghyun nodded.

"So what do you suggest?"

"We combine them. First we go shopping for a few hours, and then later we go sing karaoke. How does that sound?"

Jonghyun smiled and nodded.

"Okay, why not. I haven't been to a noraebang in a long time."

 

So they went to the mall and after about ten minutes Jonghyun had started slightly regretting it.

Apparently Key had been underestimating his liking of shopping. He was absolutely bonkers about shopping. Jonghyun didn't really mind that in general, but he was a bit worried about the payment. He was kind of old fashioned when it came to dating and he wanted to be the one to pay for everything, but the way Key was adding clothes and accessories in his shopping cart made Jonghyun feel a bit anxious.

"Uum... So you really do love shopping..." he started. Key nodded and said:

"Yes! I can't keep my hands off when I see good looking clothes! Why don't we look something for you too?"

"Hahah, I don't think I'll have enough money." Jonghyun laughed a bit nervously.

Key blinked at him.

"You don't have money for even one shirt?"

"Of course I do, but you have maybe ten shirts on that shopping cart of yours."

"Yes, but those are for me."

They both stared at each other for a split second and then Key got it.

"Oh, you were thinking about being a gentleman or something? That's sweet of you, but you don't have to do that. I buy so many clothes that I could never let someone else pay for them."

Jonghyun was a bit relieved, but didn't show it.

"Ah, I wouldn't mind... But if you insist on paying then okay."

 

After an hour and a half of clothes shopping they decided to go to a cafe in the mall. Jonghyun was already tired of shopping even though he hadn't bought anything for himself. But after seeing Key smiling while going through his shopping bags he couldn't help but to smile too.

"So, where to after this? More clothes stores?" he asked after sipping from his coffee.

"Nah, I think I have enough for awhile, and you must be pretty tired of shopping already." Key grinned and Jonghyun smiled. Key noticed the littlest things.

"You know, I did manage to buy something when you were busy trying one of those skinny jeans on." Jonghyun said.

"Eh? What, show me!" Key got suddenly excited.

Jonghyun grinned and took out a small, pretty box from his pocket. He gave it to Key and said:

"I know you didn't want me to buy anything for you but when I saw it I just couldn't resist."

Key was now very curious so he opened the box immediately. He gasped of delight after seeing that the box contained a pair of silver colored ear rings that spelt the word KEY.

"Oh my God I love them! They didn't cost too much did they?"

Jonghyun shook his head and said:

"No, since they're not really silver or anything...  I just thought you'd like them."

"I do, thank you so much!" Key got up from his seat and went to Jonghyun's side of the table to hug him.

Jonghyun blushed a bit but he also couldn't stop smiling. He didn't remember the last time someone had made him so happy. He was just about to give Key a peck on the cheek when they heard someone calling for Key in the distance.

"Oi, Key! We've been looking for you everywhere!"

They both turned their heads and saw Amber, Sulli and some other people who Jonghyun didn't know by name walking towards them. Or at least Jonghyun thought he didn't know anyone of them, until he saw the face of the girl next to Sulli.

"Oh God..." Jonghyun sighed and tried to hide behind Key for as long as he could.

"Hey guys. Why were you looking for me?" Key asked confused about Jonghyun's sudden behavior.

"We wanted to hangout! Even Krystal managed to get free time from her acting school to come visit us!" Amber motioned her hand at Krystal, who smiled and waved at Key. Then she noticed Jonghyun behind Key.

"Who's your friend?"

Jonghyun slowly moved so they could see him. Krystal gasped and her expression changed a bit. She didn't say anything though.

"This is Kim Jonghyun, my... roommate." Key hesitated a bit before ending his sentence. Jonghyun glanced at him, but Key wasn't looking at him.

"Ooh hey, well Dino-Boy can tag along too, no problem!" Amber grinned at Jonghyun, who just rolled his eyes, but was smiling anyway.

"Well actually we were planning to go sing karaoke soon..." Key started, but before he could continue Krystal squealed:

"Oooh I haven't been to a noraebang in a long time!"

"Yeah that sounds fun! Let's go!" Amber shouted and the rest of the group seemed to be excited too. Jonghyun and Key looked at each other a bit bothered, but then they both smiled and said:

"Yeah sure, let's go!"

 

-----------

 

This was definitely not what Jonghyun or Key had had in mind for their first official date. But neither of them had the heart to say no to the others, so after about twenty minutes they found themselves sitting next to each other on a comfy sofa in a private karaoke room, while the others were checking out the songlists. Jonghyun must've had a not-so-happy expression on his face, because Key turned to whisper to him:

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't say no to them. I'm the worst date ever..."

Jonghyun blinked at him and then shook his head.

"No you're not. I understand. They're your friends after all. That girl was Krystal, but who are those two dudes?"

Key turned to look at the two boys who had been eager to sing first.

"Oh yeah, sorry. The blonde boy is Bang Cheol Yong, but people call him Mir. The brunette boy is Nam Woohyun. They're both in most of my classes."

"Huh. Good friends of yours?" Jonghyun asked, eyes glued to the now singing boys.

"Well yeah. I talk more with Woohyun, but I like both. Why you ask?"

"No reason..."

Key looked at him a bit suspiciously, but couldn't say anything because right then Krystal decided to sit between them and started talking to Jonghyun.

"Jonghyunnie, I want to sing this song, but it's a duet. Will you sing it with me?"

Key stared at the back of Krystal's head (she had turned her back to him), squinted his eyes a bit and thought:

"Jonghyunnie?"

Jonghyun blinked at Krystal and said nervously:

"Uuuh, can't Mir or Woohyun sing it with you?"

Krystal pouted, shook her head and said:

"No, it suits your voice the best! Pretty please, Jonghyunnie sing it with me!"

Jonghyun tried to look at Key, but he was looking at another direction now. That's when Krystal took his hand and pulled him closer to the screen and informed the others that they were gonna sing next.

Sulli sat next to Key, who had folded his arms and was staring at Jonghyun's back now.

"Are you ok?" she asked with a worried expression.

"I'm fine. Completely fine."

"I was just wondering... Before we came to the cafe... Were you two on a date?"

Key turned to look at her with a surprised expression. Sulli smiled at him and continued:

"I just had a feeling we interrupted you guys. I tried to stop Amber and the others, but they didn't get it."

"Wow. There's really no point in hiding things from you, is there? Yeah we were, but it doesn't really matter since Jonghyun seems to be quite happy about this new situation." Key said with an irritated tone in his voice. Sulli looked at Jonghyun and said:

"Really? Because I think he looks like a confused and scared little puppy who has just been taken away from his beloved owner."

That was a pretty accurate representation of how Jonghyun was actually feeling at the moment. He really didn't feel comfortable singing a love song with Krystal when Key was behind them, probably very pissed off. He didn't want to say no to Krystal, because he was afraid she'd tell Key and everyone else about the disastrous date they had had awhile ago. So he sang.

After the song was done, Krystal thanked Jonghyun and smiled at him. Then before Jonghyun could stop her, she hugged him and whispered in his ear:

"I've decided to give you another chance. Would you like to get out of here?"

Jonghyun just stared at her. He was completely speechless. Why on Earth would Krystal want to give him another chance? There was a small moment when he was actually going to say yes, but then he saw Key walking towards Woohyun and he woke up from some kind of a trance. What the hell had he been thinking?

"Uuh, thanks but no thanks. I have someone else now."

"What? You?!"

"Yeah, believe it or not. I don't do this kind of thing anymore. Excuse me."

Jonghyun left Krystal staring at him and started walking towards Key and Woohyun.

 

-------

 

"Woohyun, you wanna sing something with me?" Key asked from the brunette boy sitting next to Mir on another sofa. Woohyun looked up, smiled and said:

"Yeah sure! What do you wanna sing?"

"Anything. You can pick a song."

"What are you doing?"

Key got startled and turned around to stare at Jonghyun, who was looking at him a bit suspiciously.

"Nothing? Where did you leave your girlfriend?"

Key looked really adorable while trying to not look too obviously jealous. Jonghyun smiled and explained:

"I'm pretty sure I don't have one." Then he addressed his next words to Woohyun:

"Woohyun was it? Sorry to be rude, but is it okay if I sing with Kibum next?"

Woohyun looked a bit confused, but nodded anyway. Jonghyun smiled, took hold of Key's hand and pulled him to the screen and gave a mic to him. Key was still pouting, but Jonghyun could see he was trying to hold back from smiling. When Jonghyun looked him in the eyes and started singing, Key couldn't stay mad at him anymore. His heart was racing fast and he couldn't stop smiling. Jonghyun's singing voice was one of the most beautiful things he had ever heard and he was so concentrated in listening to him that he almost forgot to start singing when it was his turn.

They forgot about everyone else in the room for the whole song, and they were a bit startled by the amount of applause they got after the song ended.

"Goddamn, now that is what I call emotional!" Amber smirked and the others were nodding and still clapping. The only one who wasn't smiling was Krystal. She didn't say anything, but she was staring at them with an angry expression on her face.

Jonghyun and Key were a bit flustered, but they both bowed down majestically and then let Amber and Sulli take the mics and pick a song. Jonghyun was gonna go back to the sofa's, when Key stopped him by tugging onto his shirt. Jonghyun turned to look at him.

"Hm? What is it?"

"I was just wondering... Do you... Do you wanna get out of here?"

Key was blushing a bit, but he didn't look nervous. Jonghyun stared at him for awhile before he understood what Key probably meant by "getting out of here".

"Uuuh... You mean...?"

Key nodded and smiled. Then he took hold of Jonghyun's hand and escorted him out of the room.

 


 

OH DEAR GOD IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I LAST UPDATED!

I'm so sorry my lovely readers, but here I am again! I feel like I keep adding new characters in every chapter :D This time it was Mir's and Woohyun's turn to enter the story! I try to keep this fic kind of realistic so I googled which k-idols Key is friends with and those two appeared so I chose them :3 I don't really know too much about them, but I hope I they're not completely ou of character... Krystal probably is though :D 

Next chapter is gonna be a huge challenge for me... I hope I'll manage it. I started writing it already, so hopefully I'll get it posted faster than this one! 

Thank you so much for over 2000 views and 107 subscribers!

Hope you like this chapter and see you HOPEFULLY soon again!

Ps. Sorry for the sort of cliffhanger again... I do tend to make those hehe ^^'