Chapter 13

How to tame a playboy

 

"Maybe that boyfriend of yours still wants to keep his options open and is now mad that no girl is ever gonna approach him again now that they know he's into guys."

"At least I was never ashamed of being with you, unlike someone..."

"Do you think he would be happy if he found out about us?"

 

"Stop!" Kibum shouted, waking himself up. He was panting, and looking around his room in confusion, until he realized he had been dreaming.

Even though he had told Jonghyun to think about happy thoughts and forget about their problems for awhile, Woohyun's words had made him worry so much, that he had started having nightmares.

What if he was right? No matter how much Kibum wanted to trust Jonghyun and believe that he would never leave him for any girl, how could he be sure of it? They hadn't known each other for that long and Jonghyun had a history as a heartbreaker.

And even if Jonghyun was completely honest and serious with him, what would he think of the fact that Kibum hadn't told him about his old relationship with Woohyun?

"Kibummie?"

Kibum glanced at the door and saw Jonghyun peeking in with a worried expression on his face.

"Ah, morning. What is it?" he asked, rubbing his eyes a bit. Jonghyun opened the door more,  walked across the room and climbed to Kibum's bed, next to him.

"I heard you shouting. Did you have a nightmare?" he asked and wrapped his arms around Kibum.

"Y-yeah, but I can't remember what it was about anymore... So don't worry." Kibum snuggled closer to Jonghyun and mentally punched himself for even considering that there was a possibility Jonghyun could be any less than 100% in love with him.

 

"So, are you ready for our triple date today?" Minho greeted Jonghyun and Kibum, when they entered the kitchen after their 15 minute cuddling session. Kibum smiled and nodded while sitting at the table.

"Is Taeminnie gonna be here soon?" Jonghyun asked and Minho nodded.

"Then we'll meet Onew and Jessica at the bus station, right?"

"Yeah!"

 

After 20 minutes they arrived at the bus station and Onew and Jessica were already waiting for them.

"Hey guys. I was sure at least Jonghyun wouldn't be able to wake up early enough, but here you are!" Onew grinned and Jonghyun punched him on the arm. Then he turned to look at the pretty, blonde girl on his left and smiled.

"Hey, you must be Jessica. My name is Kim Jonghyun and these two are my roommates, Kim Kibum and Choi Minho, and that cutie there is Minho's boyfriend, Lee Taemin."

Jessica nodded at everyone smiling, but then she turned back to look at Jonghyun with a frown on her face.

"So you are the one who is telling lies about my sister."

Jonghyun's smile faded away and he was shifting his weight from one leg to the other. He had totally forgot that Krystal and Jessica were sisters.

"Uh, Krystal and Jonghyun have had some... issues, but we were kind of hoping to forget all  bad things for just one day. You're ok with that, right?" Kibum came for Jonghyun's help and looked at Jessica with a face, that made the girl smile again and say:

"Of course. I just... I'm a bit overprotective of her, that's all."

"I understand that. But you see..." Kibum motioned Jessica to lean closer so he could whisper:

"Jonghyun wasn't really ready to announce our relationship to anyone, when that facebook post got uploaded and he's been a bit stressed over the whole thing. That's why he might've been a bit quick to blame Krystal."

Jessica glanced at Jonghyun, who was looking away at the moment. Then she looked at Kibum and nodded.

"Alright, I understand that. I won't mention it anymore."

Kibum gave her a thankful smile and right then their bus appeared and they all hopped in.

 

When they had arrived to their destination and bought their tickets, they walked through the gates and looked around. The amusement park was one of the biggest Jonghyun had ever been to, and he was suddenly getting excited like a little boy.

"So, what should we do first?" Jessica asked, but before anyone could answer, Jonghyun pointed at the biggest, scariest and most awful looking rollercoaster Kibum had ever seen in his entire life.

"No, never. You are never making me go there, I will literally hurl all over this place if I step into that ride." Kibum protested right away and Jonghyun pouted, but then he looked at the others.

"Anyone else? Come on, it's boring to go alone."

Onew said he can go and Jessica raised her hand too and Jonghyun looked at her with an impressed look on his face.

"What? Is it that weird that a girl likes rollercoaster's?" Jessica asked him with an amused tone on her voice. Jonghyun shook his head and said:

"Not really, I guess. You're just the first one I've met."

"I'm not going, I'll stay here with Kibum so he doesn't have to be alone." Minho said casually, but Taemin saw right through him.

"Yeah, because you can't take rollercoaster's either."

"S-So what? Like you're gonna go there either..."

"Of course I am!"

Minho's eyes widened and he looked a bit worried.

"Are you sure? That looks like a really wild ride..."

"I ride your every night, I'm sure I can manage this." Taemin blurted out as casually as if he was talking about the weather. Everyone turned around to look at him with their eyes wide as plates and Minho's face was so red that tomatoes would've been jealous of its color.

"LEE TAEMIN...!" he hissed at his boyfriend, who just laughed and shrugged. This boy had no sense of shame at all, not even when everyone was looking at him.

"U-uh, well why don't you guys go to the line then, it looks kind of long. We'll wait at the bench over there." Key tried to make the situation less awkward again and the others complied and started walking towards the line to the rollercoaster.

 

Kibum stared up at the rollercoaster and tried to spot Jonghyun every time he could see them going past them. He couldn't see him, but he could definitely hear him. The boy was shouting more out of excitement than fear, and Kibum just shook his head. There were so many things he still hadn't found out about Jonghyun.

"I didn't know Jonghyun is such a daredevil." Kibum chuckled and Minho smiled and said:

"Well, he probably wouldn't go bungee jumping or anything like that, but he loves amusement park rides."

"Ooh. Oh, hey there they come!"

They could see their friends walking towards them with excited looks on their faces.

"It was AWESOME! I wanna go again!" Jonghyun jumped closer to Kibum to hug him.

"You are like an excited little puppy, Jjong!" Kibum giggled and gave him a peck on his lips. Jonghyun stuck his tongue out and started barking and Kibum laughed and ruffled his hair.

After that they went to a few easier rides, and then they decided to walk around a bit. There were a lot of little booths where you could win prizes and Minho wanted to try them out.

"Which prize do you want, Taemin?" he asked confidently and Taemin smiled and rolled his eyes. Minho was always a show off, when it came to sports and other competitions.

"Aah, that unicorn plushie is so cute!" Kibum and Jessica both squealed at the same time, and then turned to look at each other. Both of them squinted their eyes and then turned to their boyfriends.

"You'll win it for me, right?"

Jinki and Jonghyun glanced at each other and gulped. Neither of them were good at shooting games.

"Sure, babe."

 

Woohyun was walking along the amusement park with his hands in his pockets and a bored look on his face. Mir had suggested going to the amusement park as a "fun" way to spend one day without thinking about the drama that was going on at school at the moment. Woohyun hadn't really been that excited about the idea, but when he had heard that Lee Sungyeol and Lee Sungjong would be coming too, he had agreed to come along. He knew both of the boys had some kind of a crush on him, and even though he wasn't that interested in them, being the he was, he liked the attention the boys gave him.

"What do you wanna do next?" Mir asked the others and both Sungjong and Sungyeol shrugged and turned to look at Woohyun.

"What, I'm suddenly the one in charge of decisions? I don't ca-" Woohyun started out with an annoyed tone on his voice, but then he noticed something. Or rather someone.

Kibum and Jonghyun were at one of the shooting booths, along with some of their friends Woohyun didn't care about enough to remember their names. He smirked and started walking towards them and the others looked a bit confused, but followed anyway.

 

"C-crap... This isn't gonna work, I'm sorry Kibum." Jonghyun said after shooting past the target for the fifth time (Onew had given up ages ago). Kibum pouted a bit but then just nodded and said:

"Aww, it's okay. I at shooting games too, so I can't really blame you. That unicorn is just so adorable..."

"How many of the targets do I have to hit to get the unicorn plushie?" a familiar voice was suddenly heard behind them and all four of them turned around (Minho and Taemin were at another booth). Woohyun was standing there, looking at the booth keeper with a confident smirk on his face. Kibum furrowed his brows. What the hell was Woohyun doing here?

"All of them." the booth owner finally answered with a sly smile on his face and he offered his hand to Woohyun, who put money on it right away and took a gun.

Jonghyun backed away a bit and looked at Woohyun with a bit irritated look on his face. What was with this person, why did he always feel the need to act like an to him or humiliate him? All Jonghyun could hope was that the confidence in Woohyun was just an act and he would be just as bad at shooting as he had been.

Nope.

Woohyun's aim was perfect, he didn't miss a single target, not even the ones that kept moving. The booth keeper looked a bit confused, as Woohyun smiled at him, gave the gun back and claimed his prize. Then he turned around to look at Kibum, whose heart started beating a bit faster, no matter how much he tried to stop it. Woohyun walked in front of Kibum slowly, and stopped for a few seconds, until he suddenly smirked, turned around and walked to Sungjong and gave the unicorn plushie to him, making the boy blush and then press the unicorn to his chest and shyly say:

"T-Thank you, hyung."

"No problem, cutie." Woohyun gave him a fake smile which made the boy blush even more, but also made Sungyeol pout a bit. Woohyun chuckled, ruffled his hair and said:

"Aww, don't worry. I'll win something for you too. A pretty face like yours shouldn't be ruined by pouting, eh?"

Sungyeol's face melted into a smile and Mir just rolled his eyes. He knew exactly that Woohyun was just playing with the boys, but he didn't really care enough to tell them so he just kept quiet.

As Woohyun walked past Key with Sungjong and Sungyeol by his side, he gave a small, smug smile at him and then they left.

"What the hell was that about?" Jonghyun asked and Kibum just shrugged.

"Who was that guy? A friend of yours?" Jessica asked with a confused look on her face.

"Not a friend of mine. He seems to hate me for some reason though, I have no idea why." Jonghyun explained and Jessica nodded.

"Whatever, that was a move of him, I'm sure Jonghyun could've won that unicorn after a few turns... Now neither of you got it.." Onew pouted but Jessica kissed him on his cheek and said:

"Aw, don't worry about it. I have plenty of plushies already. And you're my best cuddle buddy, so I don't necessarily need a new one. I'm sure Kibum agrees?"

Kibum nodded and just then suddenly Taemin and Minho ran to them and Taemin shouted:

"Guys, you need to come check this out!"

"What?" Kibum asked curiously, as they started following Taemin and Minho.

"We found this fun walkthrough thingie which lets you test if you're a perfect match with your boyfriend." Taemin explained on the way and Kibum looked a bit reluctant as he said:

"I don't know, that sounds like a load of bull..."

"I know, but it could be fun too! Come on, let's just try it!"

When they got there, Jonghyun and Onew seemed also a little nervous, especially after seeing the poster on the wall that said : "If you haven't broken up at the end of the tunnel, then you are a perfect match!". Jessica and Taemin however were excited and walked inside with their not so excited boyfriends.

Jonghyun looked at Key, shrugged and they followed the others too.

 

Soon after entering they were greeted with two roads, the other one was apparently for girls and the other one for boys.

"Well, see ya later, Minho." Taemin said, as he went to the boys side.

"Y-Yah, why are you the one who goes to the guys side...?!" Minho tried protesting, but Taemin was long gone already so he just sighed and went the other way, where Jessica had already gone awhile ago. He was a bit nervous about splitting up, but there was really nothing he could do.

"I guess I'll go to the girls side too then..." Kibum said when they had been staying still for awhile. Jonghyun nodded slowly and then said:

"See you at the other side."

"Definitely."

 

When they split up, the ones who went to the girls side, where suddenly escorted to a room with camera screens in it. They were seated and told to look at the screens to see how their boyfriends would act in different situations. In front of them was a big red button with the word "no" and a green button with the word "yes" on it..

"What am I supposed to do with these?" Kibum asked with a slightly irritated tone on his voice. The women who had escorted him into the room smiled mischievously and said:

"At the end, you will be asked if you still want to continue your relationship with your boyfriend. You can answer by pushing the correct button and then you get to go away, to meet your boyfriend or just leave alone."

Kibum rolled his eyes. There was no way he would push the no-button.

"Alright, keep your eyes on the screen. Your boyfriend is on in three, two, one... Now!"

 

Jonghyun was walking slowly along the boring hallway and wondering what the hell was so special about this place. There was nothing there!

Suddenly he could hear something. He looked around but didn't see anything, until suddenly some shadowy creatures appeared in front of him, making weird noises. Jonghyun just stared at them with an "Are you kidding me?"-face.

"So... This is a haunted house? Wow, ok..." he said, as he passed the surprisingly well done creatures, only to be confronted by a real, very angry looking dog.

"Oh? Hello, puppy! You look a bit angry, are you hungry? Poor baby, they should feed you if they're gonna keep you here to scare people..." Jonghyun went to the dog with absolutely no care in the world and the dog actually let him pet him and turned into the nicest dog in the world. Jonghyun had that effect on dogs usually.

 

Onew and Taemin hadn't been as lucky with the dog. Onew had had to throw a stick that was lying on the floor, to the other side of the room before getting through the dog and Taemin just threw some snacks at it that he had in his backpack.

 

"Seriously? What is this?" Kibum asked after seeing Jonghyun's "performance". He turned to look at the women who all looked a bit disappointed.

"Well, maybe the next phase will crack him..."

Kibum raised his eyebrows, and turned back to the screen.

 

After Jonghyun left the dog and continued walking, it became quiet again. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and sighed. But then he saw a door at the end of the hallway.

"How long is this goddamn thing gonna take? Ugh, whatever..."

After opening the door his jaw dropped and he nearly turned around and shut the door.

"Well, hello handsome!"

"Oppa, come play with us!"

Jonghyun's eyes widened as a bunch of half girls suddenly started hoarding around him, trying to pull him to a pool that was on the left side of the room. There was a door on the other side of the room. Jonghyun glanced at it and then smiled nervously at the girls.

"Uh, maybe some other time, girls. I, uh, I need to-"

"Aw, you don't have anywhere else to go, do you?" one pretty girl pushed herself against Jonghyun and he gasped a bit, but then he pushed her away and made a run for the door, and shut it behind him before anyone could say anything anymore.

"Now I know what the poster meant..." he said and breathed in and out for awhile before continuing. That had been a close call, but the thought of Kibum was making him continue.

 

"Okay, I'm done." Kibum said and pushed the yes-button, before getting up and making his way to the exit door. The women looked a bit alarmed and tried saying something about a third phase, but Kibum was done. He didn't need any more "proof" to know that Jonghyun was perfectly faithful for him, and the first phase had been just bull. He didn't care how Jonghyun acted in scary situations. If he would've cried like a baby at the "ghosts" and the angry dog, it would've not made Kibum change the way he felt about him. He was so done with this dumb thing, he just wanted to see his boyfriend.

Same was with Jessica and Minho. They had been just smiling at their boyfriend's less brave attempts to go through the dog, but their reactions to the ladies had been a bit different. When Onew had seen the half girls, he had gone completely red and basically just walked to the door with his eyes covered. Jessica had been laughing so hard that she nearly fell off her chair. Taemin on the other hand had had a completely different reaction. He had smiled at the girls seductively and Minho had rolled his eyes and said:

"I swear to God, if you even touch them, there will be no for a week."

Apparently Taemin knew that, because he suddenly just walked away from the disappointed looking girls and walked out of the room, leaving Minho staring at the screen with a satisfied smile on his face.

 

Jonghyun had been walking for awhile now, and he was sure that the torture was ending soon. He tried looking around for something in the empty hallways, but absolutely nothing could be seen. Just walls. Until suddenly the end of the hallway finally appeared before him. But in front of the door there was someone standing there.

"Hello, Jonghyun. I have a little something to tell you before you go to your precious boyfriend." It was Woohyun. How the hell had he got here anyway? Jonghyun just rolled his eyes and tried walking past him, but then he asked:

"Aren't you even a little curious to what I have to say to you?"

"Hmm, let me think. Uhh, no."

"Not even if I would tell you why little Kibum acts so weirdly around me...?"

Jonghyun stopped and turned around slowly, only to face Woohyun's cynical smile.

"Ok, talk."

 

"Seriously, Taemin. I was sure you would stay with those girls..." Minho complained to Taemin, when all of them had got out of the building and were waiting for Jonghyun. Taemin rolled his eyes and said:

"I knew there were cameras and was just teasing you. But then again, gay or not who doesn't like s?"

Minho punched him in the arm (but not with much force) and Taemin just laughed.

"I think this was a bit weird though... What kind of couples would break up over this kind of thing? I think watching Onew was only hilarious, especially when he saw the girls." Jessica was still giggling and Onew looked a bit embarrassed.

"Well you try going into a room full of men! ...Actually, no don't do that. They might be better built than me..."

Jessica gave a kiss on Onew's cheek and said:

"I don't care about anyone else's abs but yours, don't worry."

Onew blushed but smiled at her anyway.

"Where is he?" Kibum asked suddenly with a worried voice. Jonghyun had been inside for way too long now.

"I don't get it, the last phase was just a short quiz about our preferences, fears and stuff. It shouldn't take this long to answer a few questions." Taemin said and Kibum looked at him.

"Oh? I didn't sit through the last phase, I just pushed the yes-button and got out because I got frustrated."

"Oh, ok. Well he should be here soon enough. Oh, hey! There he is!"

Jonghyun had come out of the building finally, and Kibum smiled at him. He didn't get a smile back though.

"I was getting worried, what took you so long? Did they give you the weird quiz even though I left after the second phase?" Kibum went to greet Jonghyun with a hug like usually, but Jonghyun pushed him away and walked past him. Kibum looked confused and so did the others.

"Jonghyun? What is it?" Kibum catched up with Jonghyun, who was walking quickly towards the gate of the amusement park.

"Why don't you ask your ex-boyfriend about that?" was his harsh answer as he stopped and turned around to look at a now a bit frightened Kibum.

"W-what?"

"I can't believe you didn't tell me you and Woohyun used to be together! No wonder he hates me, he must still have feelings for you!" Jonghyun shouted and Kibum's heart skipped a beat and not in the good way.

"J-Jonghyun, I- I'm sorry, I didn't know how to tell you, I felt too awkward... I don't care if he does have feelings for me, I couldn't care less about him! It's you I lo-!"

"Save it, I don't want to hear it! Just go back to your precious Woohyun, I'm done." Jonghyun interrupted him and then just excited the amusement park, leaving Kibum behind, shouting at him to come back in tears.

 


OH MY GOD IT'S BEEN TOO LONG AGAIN UGH

I.. I promised you a happy chapter... I'm sorry. Well it was kind of happybefore the end?

The break up walk through thingy is almost completely copied from Hana Kimi (the live action version, I don't know if it's in the manga?) I just added some own things to it. But the general idea I got while rewatching the show :D (I'm not 100% happy with how it ended up, but ah well...)

I had to put Sungjong AND Sungyeol in this because I have no idea which one of them is shipped more with Woohyun... And I kinda like the idea of Player!Woohyun hehehe. Maybe he'll end up having a wild threeway with them someday (oh god, stop getting weird ideas........)

Hmmm I wonder if there was anything else I wanted to say... I guess not, so hopefully you like this chapter!

See you next time! ^^