Chapter 17

How to tame a playboy

 

Jonghyun had been walking for a few minutes, when he suddenly realized one pretty important obstacle in his mission to get a confession out of Woohyun: he had no idea where the boy lived. He was too embarrassed to call Kibum and ask him after the way he had just stormed out of the apartment like that. As if it was Kibum's fault for not knowing who Sunggyu is. He would have to apologize later.

"I wonder if I can find his address online..." he thought to himself and pulled out his phone from his pocket. However, before he even got his lock screen open, he noticed a familiar boy slowly walking towards him.

"It must be my lucky day, I was just trying to look up your address, and here you are!" Jonghyun shouted to get the attention of Woohyun, who had been staring at the concrete while walking. The boy kept looking down but he did stop walking.

"Listen, punk. I know you posted the stupid photo, don't even try to act innocent. Kibum may believe you, but I don't. To be honest, I don't even care about the photo anymore, I just don't want my friends to suffer because of some er who can't get over his ex-boyfriend. I know it was you, you did it by using Kim Sunggyu's facebook account and I- I..." Jonghyun interrupted his accusations when he suddenly realized that Woohyun had been quiet because he was crying.

"Uh- hey, what is it, why are you-? What the hell man?" Jonghyun was utterly confused now, he had prepared for any kind of reaction from Woohyun except tears.

"I'm really not in the mood for this..." Woohyun muttered and tried to walk past Jonghyun, who quickly grabbed him by the arm and snapped:

"Oh no, no, no! You're not going anywhere until you confess!"

"Ok, fine! It was me! What the does it even matter?! Just leave me alone!" Woohyun's voice broke at the end of his last sentence and he tried to get Jonghyun to let go of his arm, but the boy wasn't letting go.

"What happened? Did someone... hurt you?"

Woohyun was confused by the sudden change in Jonghyun's voice. He sounded genuinely worried.

"What do you care...?"

"Because I'm actually a nice person. I didn't have anything against you until you started acting like an towards me. Now tell me: was it Sunggyu?"

Woohyun jumped a bit and he had to bite his lip to stop himself for bursting into tears again.

"How did you-?"

"Kibum had a feeling something fishy was going on between you. He's worried about you, you know. Sunggyu's not... You know? Forcing you to do stuff?" Jonghyun felt uncomfortable asking such stuff, but he needed to know. Woohyun suddenly showing such a vulnerable side of himself had made Jonghyun hate him way less.

"No! No, he... didn't force me. But... I think he hates me now." Woohyun sniffed, wiping away his tears.

"Why?"

"Because I was an idiot and told him I love him."

Jonghyun's jaw dropped. Woohyun loved Sunggyu?! All this time he had been trying to break Jonghyun and Kibum apart, and suddenly he was in love with someone else?

"I know it's sudden, I know I was just trying to get Kibum back, but I was being a jackass. I didn't realize my feelings for Sunggyu until today and I went to tell him but he... he told me I was nothing more than another toy to him and told me to off." Woohyun couldn't stop himself anymore, he burst into tears again and Jonghyun pulled him into a hug.

"How can anyone be such a heartless ?! I'm gonna punch that er in the the next time I see him…!" Jonghyun gritted his teeth. He knew he was sort of a hypocrite for getting angry at Sunggyu, because he had been just the same a few months ago. He had acted like that towards all the girls he had "dated", he just hadn't rejected them in such a straightforward, horrible way. But still, there was a similarity and it was making Jonghyun hate himself.

Woohyun didn't say anything, he was feeling awkward about Jonghyun's sudden kindness. He was also afraid he would only be able to sob uncontrollably if he would even try to say anything at that moment.

"Listen, you want to come to our place for the night? I don't think it would be wise for you to be alone right now. Also, Kibum would kill me if I would leave you alone at this condition, I know it." Jonghyun suggested, after backing away from the hug. Woohyun looked a bit hesitant and said:

"I don't know, it would probably be too awkward... And he'll probably hate my guts even more after you tell him I posted the photo after all."

"He doesn't hate you, and he won't after YOU tell him the truth. You're his first love after all, he could never hate you..."

Saying those words hurt Jonghyun a little bit, but he had to say them because it was the truth. Woohyun looked up into Jonghyun's eyes and just nodded.  Then they started walking back to Jonghyun’s apartment.

 

“Oh, thank God you came into your senses! I mean, you don’t even know where Woohyun lives!” Kibum ran to the lobby when he heard the door opening again. The sight of Woohyun stopped him though, and he just stared at them in confusion.

“Yeah, well I found him anyway. Woohyun has something to say to you, so I’ll just leave you two alone for a while.” Jonghyun explained and walked past Kibum, into his bedroom. Kibum turned to look at Woohyun and gave him a questioning expression. Woohyun looked a bit uneasy, so Kibum told him to sit down and went to get some sodas from the kitchen for them.

“Alright, talk to me.” Kibum basically demanded, and Woohyun sighed.

“Okay… So, let’s start with the main thing. You were right, I took the damn photo and posted it on Facebook.”

“I KNEW IT! So, what was that bull with Sunggyu about then?” Kibum asked, while trying to stop himself from strangling Woohyun. 

“Um… That part was actually true. I used Sunggyu’s laptop and FB account to post the photo after...”

“After his .” Kibum finished Woohyun’s sentence, making the boy look at him with a slightly annoyed face, before answering:

“Yes. He did realize my hidden agenda afterwards though, and got mad at me. He was gonna bust me immediately, but then I, um…  we made a deal so he didn’t.”

“Don’t even try, you tell me everything now that you started! What deal did you make?”

Woohyun looked extremely uncomfortable now, as he mumbled:

I let him top me...

“What’s that?”

“I let him top me! I’ve never done that before, so I was sure it would be horrible but I needed for him to shut up, so I did it!” Woohyun snapped and hid his face in his hands. Kibum’s eyes widened and he moved closer to Woohyun so he could rub his back.

“I thought your ego was too big for that. But taking advantage of you like that, that was a pretty shady move from Sunggyu. Was it bad?”

Woohyun sighed again and then blurted out:

“I’m not gonna lie. I ing loved it. I’m embarrassed as hell, but it was way better than with anyone else. No offence...”

“None taken.” Kibum chuckled and continued: “But if it was okay then why do you look so sad?”

“Because Sunggyu is a self-centered bastard whom I am definitely going to punch the next time I see him.” Jonghyun had come back to the living room, making the other boys jump a bit. Kibum looked confused and Woohyun uncomfortable.

“How much of that did you hear…?” he asked with a red face from Jonghyun, who smirked.

“Enough. It’s good you found out what you really like.”

Before Woohyun could angrily snap back, Kibum shushed him and said:

“Forget your preferences, I want to know what Sunggyu did!”

“After that night I was kind of confused for a while, until I realized that I had gone and developed feelings for the bastard. I know, stupid.” Woohyun started explaining, and Kibum immediately interrupted him by saying: “It’s not stupid!”

”Yes it is, actually, because Sunggyu never expressed any other kind of interest on me except ual.  So, when I stupidly went and told him I love him, he got super pissed and told me to off.”

There was a moment of silence after Woohyun’s words. Kibum looked over his shoulder at Jonghyun, who looked a bit helpless at that moment.  Neither one of them really knew what to say to make Woohyun feel better. Woohyun noticed the uneasiness of the others and sighed.

“Well, what’s done is done. Let’s change the subject, I don’t feel like talking about Sunggyu anymore.”

“Sure”, Jonghyun said, making his way to the sofa, next to the others, and continued:

“Let’s talk about what you’re gonna say to the principal tomorrow.”

Kibum hit Jonghyun’s side with his elbow, making the other yelp.

“What?! Look, I feel you, Woohyun, I do. But you also did a really ty thing to us, and if you don’t confess tomorrow, my friends are gonna get in trouble for nothing.” Jonghyun said seriously, while rubbing his side. Woohyun wanted to roll his eyes, but he couldn’t do it, because Jonghyun was right. He didn’t want Sulli, Amber, Krystal and Mir to get in trouble because of his “clever” little scheme that had not even been worth it in the end. He needed to tell the truth, no matter the consequences.

“You’re right. I’ll go straight to the principal’s office tomorrow and confess. I don’t want to cause any more trouble to you guys. I admit it was a stupid thing to do and I really am sorry about it.” Woohyun said sincerely. Kibum and Jonghyun glanced at each other and smiled.

“It’s okay. At least now we don’t have to hide anymore. In a way, you did us a favor.” Kibum chuckled, and Jonghyun nodded. Woohyun smiled too, feeling like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

Suddenly, it was like they had never had any kind of feud between them. They spent the rest of the night watching silly reality- tv shows like they had been best friends forever, which confused the hell out of Taemin and Minho, when they came to the kitchen to get something to eat. Neither one of them wanted to interrupt the fun though, so they just went back to Minho’s room and hoped they would get an explanation later.

 

 

”I KNEW IT WAS THAT BASTARD WOOHYUN!”

Kibum tried to shush Amber, but the girl was fuming now that Kibum had told her and the others about Woohyun’s confession from last night. Sulli was frowning at Amber, while Mir looked extremely hurt.

“I can’t believe Woohyun would sell me out like that. Why did he even do such a stupid thing?”

“We all do stupid things when we’re jealous. Woohyun wasn’t quite over Kibum yet, and wanted to sabotage our relationship. But we talked about it last night and he’s at the principal’s office right now, confessing. So you can stop worrying, you’re all off the hook now.” Jonghyun explained calmly.

“Hopefully he won’t get in too much trouble…” Sulli said with a worried expression, making Amber shout:

“Who cares? The dude deserves whatever he gets, that was a crappy thing to do. He almost got us all in trouble.”

“True, but at least he’s owning up to it now. Cut him some slack, I’m sure he regrets it.” Taemin tried to reason with Amber. Kibum had told him everything that morning, so he knew about Woohyun’s situation and felt bad for him. Amber rolled her eyes, but nonetheless said:

“Fine… But he better be damn sorry and never do something like that again.”

“I’m sure he won’t.”

 

When Woohyun walked out of the principal’s office, he was surprised. He had only got a suspension of two weeks, because he had been honest in the end. He had been waiting for a much worse punishment. He smiled as he was walking along the hallway. It was weirdly satisfying to tell the truth and get rid of the guilt he hadn’t even noticed earlier. Woohyun felt like nothing could ruin his day, but of course he had to be wrong.

Oh crap…” He suddenly noticed Sunggyu was walking towards him. His heart started pounding, and the sadness from last night started gushing back. He didn’t know whether to run away or start crying. But the closer Sunggyu got, the less sad he got. He decided not to give Sunggyu the pleasure of seeing how broken he was, so when the older noticed him and their eyes locked, Woohyun just walked past him without saying a word. He was proud of himself, even though the fact that Sunggyu hadn’t stopped him or said anything either did hurt him a bit. Maybe this was just how their story was meant to end. Not everyone gets a happy ending.

 

“Hey, how did it go?” Jonghyun asked, when he noticed Woohyun walking towards them. The boy looked a bit uneasy, while everyone was staring at him, but then he just sighed and said:

“The principal gave me a lecture about cyber-bullying, but because I had been honest and confessed, she only gave me a two weeks suspension. I was waiting for so much worse. But anyway, I just wanted to apologize to all of you. I know I shouldn’t have done what I did, it wasn’t cool to drag you all to this mess. I was being selfish and juvenile. Hopefully you won’t hate me forever.”

Woohyun looked so sincere and sort of adorable, that no one, not even Amber had the heart to be mad at him.  

“Don’t worry about it. Next time we go to a bar, or something else, you’re paying. For all of us. Then we’re even, okay?” Amber snickered and ruffled Woohyun’s hair. Woohyun laughed and agreed. Then he adjusted his bag on his shoulder and said:

“Oh well, I guess I’ll go home now. See you in a few weeks!”

“Yeah, we need to go too. Our class starts in three minutes. See you!” Sulli said and everyone started going their own way. Kibum was about to follow Sulli, Amber and Taemin, but Jonghyun grabbed his arm.

“I don’t feel like going to class…” he explained, making Kibum smirk at him.

“Well, what are you suggesting?”

“Let’s skip the rest of the day and go on a date.” Jonghyun smiled, pulling Kibum closer to him. Kibum laughed. “I don’t know, our dates tend to end in disaster…”

“Those days are over. Nothing or no one can sabotage our relationship anymore. I promise, that from now on, our dates will be nothing but perfect.”

“Well, in that case…” Kibum smiled, and gave Jonghyun a kiss, even though they were in the hallway with other students. Jonghyun didn’t care, he was now over his anxiety and couldn’t care less if everyone saw them together. They were happy, and that was the most important thing. They exited the school hand in hand and went on to have the best date night of their life. So far.

 


FINALLY

I can't believe I actually finished this! I wrote half of this chapter today, so hopefully it doesn't feel too rushed at parts. I'm just so proud of myself for finally finishing this :D I left Woohyun's and Sunggyu's part a bit open on purpose. Maybe I'll write a spin off of them, or maybe their story will end like that. Who knows? Anyway, hope you like this and thank you for everyone who has stuck with this story until the end, sorry for being so slow at updating ^^'