Chapter 7

How to tame a playboy

 

The room had been silent for awhile. Jonghyun just stared at Key, whose face was hard to read at the moment.

"Oh. Um. Hey, Kibum. What's up?"

Key just shook his head, turned around and left the apartment before Jonghyun could stop him.

"Hey, Kibum! Wait!" Jonghyun shouted, but all he heard was the noise of the door being slammed shut.

Jonghyun frowned and sat back on the sofa. Minho was glaring at him.

"Are you happy now?" he snarled at him.

"What? What did I do?" Jonghyun tried to defend himself, even though he was feeling kind of bad for some reason.

"Are you seriously that dumb? Key obviously likes you, and even if you really don't like him back, that was a really cruel way to tell him!" Minho shouted. He felt really bad for Key and was mad because his friend was being a jerk.

"Oh come on, why would he-?!" Jonghyun started to complain, but then Minho's words struck him.

"Wh- what did you say?"

Minho lifted his eyebrows.

"What?"

"About Key! What did you just say?!"

"Key likes you. He has a crush on you. It's clear as day, I can't believe you haven't noticed it? I noticed it from the first day he came here."

Jonghyun wasn't listening anymore.

 

Key likes you.

 

No, he had definitely heard wrong. That couldn't be true? Why on earth would Key like him, when all he ever did was make him feel like ?

 

Key likes you.

 

"Jonghyun?" Minho moved his hand in front of Jonghyun's face, but he was in a complete trance.

 

Key.

Likes.

YOU.

 

And suddenly Jonghyun got up from the sofa and burst out of the apartment faster than Minho had ever seen him do before. 

 

-------------------------

 

Key had been running for awhile now. He hadn't even thought about which direction he was heading towards to. He had just been running. Away from the apartment, away from Jonghyun.

Now he was out of breath and had to stop for awhile. He kept panting and panting while trying to hold back tears.

"What is wrong with me? Why on earth am I so upset? Stupid, stupid...!"

"Key?"

Key looked up and saw his friend, Amber Liu staring at him.

"Oh, hey. Where did you come from?" Key tried to wipe away his tears, but Amber had already noticed them.

"I live in that house there. I was just coming back from the store, because Sulli decided to be lazy today and made me do the shopping. But hey, what's wrong? You look kind of sad, has something happened?"

Key looked down at the ground. He didn't know what to say or even if he wanted to say anything. Amber pouted a bit, but then said:

"Oh well, come in. Sulli is making dinner and I'm sure there's gonna be enough for you too. We can talk later, or not talk at all and just have fun to make you feel better. Whatever you want. Okay?"

Key smiled and nodded and then they went inside.

 

"Hey, finally you're back! I was worried you wouldn't find all the-! Oh. Hey, Kibum! I didn't know you were coming over today!" Amber's roommate Sulli, a cute girl with long, wavy hair greeted them almost immediately after they had closed the door behind them.

"Oh no, I was just nearby and Amber invited me over. I'm not bothering you, am I? I can leave, if you want to-" Key started, but Sulli hushed him and smiled.

"No, silly. I was just surprised, that's all. You're welcome here anytime! But... Are you okay? You seem a bit gloomy..."

Key was surprised that even Sulli noticed his mood.

"I... I just had a row with Jonghyun, that's all. I just don't want to see him at the moment."

Amber and Sulli looked at each other, nodded and then Sulli said:

"Aw, that's too bad. If you want, you're more than welcome to stay over for the night."

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Of course! We can have a slumber party, just the three of us!"

"Yeah, we'll have so much fun that you won't even remember Whatever-His-Name-Was!" Amber winked and Key chuckled.

"Thank you so much, I appreciate this a lot."

 

------------------------

 

Jonghyun didn't even know how long he had been looking for Key. He had searched through every place he knew Key had visited at least once. He had even called Taemin, but he hadn't seen Key after Friday.

"What did you do to him that made him run away?" Taemin had asked suspiciously.

"I... I simply ed up, that's all. I said something that hurt his feelings and now I'm really worried because I have searched literally everywhere and no sign of him. Do you have any idea where he could be?"

"No, sorry. I'm sure he's ok, though. He could be at some friends house, thinking things over."

"I was almost certain he'd be at your place."

Taemin's voice sounded a bit uneasy when he said:

"Yeah, well I might've made him a bit mad too, yesterday."

"You?!"

"Yeah, it happens to the best of us. I'm sure Key will forgive you, once he gets to calm down first. Go home, sleep and if he doesn't come back tomorrow then start looking for him again."

Jonghyun sighed.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Thanks, Taeminnie."

Silence.

"What? It's a cute nickname!" Jonghyun smirked, because he knew why Taemin had gone silent.

Taemin chuckled and then just said:

"Bye, Jonghyunnie."

Jonghyun laughed and the phone call ended.

 

---------------------------

 

The next morning Jonghyun didn't feel like laughing anymore. After checking Key's room he could see that his bed was untouched, so he hadn't been home all night. He was now more worried than ever.

"Minho? Have you seen Key after yesterday?" Jonghyun asked after finding Minho from the kitchen.

"No. He hasn't come home yet?" Minho asked and now he looked worried too.

"No! What if something bad has happened to him? This is all my fault, I'm such a goddamn !" Jonghyun punched the wall in his frustration, which didn't help at all. It just made his hand hurt like hell.

Minho started to feel bad for Jonghyun, because he really did seem honestly upset about what had happened.

"So have you thought about it?"

Jonghyun looked at Minho and asked:

"About what?"

"Your feelings for Key."

Jonghyun looked away and didn't answer.

"No, this is getting ridiculous. Tell me honestly. Do you like Key, yes or no?" Minho demanded an answer from Jonghyun.

"It's... It's not that easy!"

"Why not? You either like him, or you don't!"

"But... He's a boy. It's more complicated because of that."

"What?! There is nothing more complicated about liking a boy than there is liking a girl." Now Minho was getting frustrated, even though he did understand Jonghyun's feelings a bit.

"Oh and you would know because...? When is the last time you had a crush on a boy?"

Minho just stared at Jonghyun for a split second and then blurted out:

"You have got to be either the dumbest, or most blind person I have ever met. Why the hell do you think Taemin spends so much time here nowadays?"

Jonghyun stared at Minho. He didn't move at all, he just kept staring at him and just when it was starting to creep Minho out, he snapped out of it and just said:

"Oooooooooh! OH! Wow. Okay."

"Yeah."

There was an awkward silence, which was interrupted by Jonghyun's phone which started suddenly ringing. Jonghyun was still a bit baffled when he answered:

"Um, hello?"

"What kind of an answer is that?" Onew's voice asked from the phone.

"Sorry... What is it?"

"Well, you were looking for your roommate yesterday, right?"

Jonghyun's heart skipped a beat.

"Yeah! Did you find him?"

"Yeah, he's here at Cafe Stardust. If you're quick, you could get here before he leaves."

"Thank you so much, Onew, I owe you one!" Jonghyun ended the call and rushed to his room to put on clothes instead of going to apologize to Key in his pyjamas like last time.

"So, the knight in shining armor goes to get his princess, eh?" Minho joked, when Jonghyun was putting on his sneakers.

"Shut up, I'm definitely no knight. But I am going to apologize to him."

"That's good. Go on, before it's too late."

"Yeah!"

---------------------

 

Key, Amber and Sulli were sitting at a corner table at a cafe, eating breakfast. They had all been too tired to make it themselves, so they decided to come to Cafe Stardust, because they all liked it.

"Thank you so much, for letting me stay over. I really needed some time away from Jong-" Key started, but when Sulli and Amber looked at him meaningfully, he smiled and continued:

"I mean, Whatever-His-Name-Was."

"No problem, that's what friends are for! Now eat your breakfast and then we'll figure out what fun thing to do next!" Amber smirked. Key smiled also, but Sulli was looking somewhere with a slightly puzzled expression.

"What is it, Sulli?"

"Isn't that...?" Before Sulli could end her sentence, the cafe door opened and Jonghyun stomped inside. Key's heart skipped a beat and he tried to hide behind Amber.

"That's him, isn't it? Kim Jonghyun?" Sulli asked and Amber nodded.

Jonghyun  was looking around. He waved at a guy who was sitting at the other end of the cafe.

"Good, maybe he will go sit next to him and we can sneak out!" Key whispered, but then Jonghyun turned his head towards them. All three of them gulped.

"Don't worry, he can't see you and he doesn't know us, so he has no reason to-" Amber started, but then Jonghyun started walking towards them.

"Ok, I'm out of ideas, he's coming here."

Key panicked and quickly hid under the table. Amber and Sulli tried to stop him, but then Jonghyun was already next to them.

"Hey girls." He greeted them with the most charming smile he was capable of.

"Hi?" Amber said bluntly and Sulli just smiled at Jonghyun nervously.

"You may not know me, but I know that you know my roommate Kim Kibum. I've seen at least you hanging out with him." Jonghyun addressed his words to Amber.

Key's heart was beating so loud that he was afraid Jonghyun would hear it.

"Well yeah. So?" Amber was maintaining her poker face.

"Have you happened to see him lately?"

Amber and Sulli glanced at each other and then said at the same time:

"Nope."

Key sighed from relief and hoped Jonghyun would now leave the girls alone.

"That's too bad... Since I was hoping I could ask him to go on a date with me."

"WHAT?!" Key shouted before he could stop himself, and hit his head on the table.

Jonghyun smirked and crouched to look under the table.

"There you are. I've been looking for you everywhere."

Key just gazed at him. He was certain he had heard those words wrong.

"Come on, get up from there." Jonghyun offered his hand to Key and helped him up.

They both just looked at each other. Completely silent. Amber and Sulli stared at them too for awhile, but then Sulli poked Amber and said they should probably leave the boys alone. Amber nodded.

"Um, you guys probably need some alone time, so we're just gonna leave you to it." Amber chuckled and before Key could say anything, both of them had left the cafe.

"She took this well." Jonghyun mentioned while following Amber with his eyes.

"Huh?" Key didn't quite understand.

"That short haired girl. She didn't mind what I said. Even though she's your girlfriend, right?"

Key looked at Jonghyun for a split second and then he burst out laughing.

"Oh my God, Jonghyun you're so dumb sometimes! Her name is Amber, and no. She is definitely not my girlfriend. Why would you think so?"

Jonghyun shrugged.

"I don't know. You seemed to have such a good time with her the other day so I figured she has to be your girlfriend."

"Yeah, because you can't have fun with just a friend."

"Well...! Ugh, I didn't think it through. I was jealous, ok?"

Key wasn't laughing anymore.

"Why are you saying those things...?" he asked quietly.

"What?" Jonghyun didn't hear him properly, so Key raised his voice.

"Why would you say such things, when yesterday you were saying something completely different?!"

Many people at the cafe were startled by Key's sudden change in volume. Jonghyun looked around and said:

"Would it be better if we took this somewhere else? We're disturbing others..."

"Do you really think that or are you just embarrassed to be seen with me?" Key hissed.

"What? No! Listen, what I said yesterday was awful. Minho was bugging me and it just came out wrong!"

"You said you don't like me and you never will! Why would you suddenly change your mind?"

"Because yesterday I was an idiot! I told you, I don't know how to behave at some situations... And this is a whole new situation for me..."

"What, having to apologize to someone? Trust me, there's no need-"

"No. Actually having feelings for someone."

Key looked at Jonghyun and he could feel his face turning red. Jonghyun went closer to him and took his hands to his.

"Kim Kibum, I like you. I like you so ing much. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it and I'm sorry for always making you feel so bad. But I'm done with it. If you can forgive me for this last time, I promise to try my best to never make you sad again.

The whole cafe was silent. Everyone was staring at them, even the children were quiet. Key's eyes were getting a bit watery, but then he smiled.

"You really are dumb, you know that?"

"Yes, of course." Jonghyun smirked.

Key wrapped his arms around Jonghyun and whispered in his ear:

"Apology accepted. I really like you too."

Key backed away a bit so he could see Jonghyun's face which had turned a bit red now. They were just looking at each other and smiling, when a little girl suddenly came to poke Jonghyun and said:

"Oppa, why are you just staring? Now you're supposed to kiss him!"

Jonghyun, Key and a lot of other people started laughing and the girl's mother came to apologize, but Jonghyun shook his head and said:

"No need to apologize. Your daughter is absolutely right."

Then he turned back to face Key, pulled him close and kissed him. The whole cafe cheered for them and the situation was like straight from a cheesy romance movie. And neither of them minded at all.

 


 

This took me forever to write! It's my longest chapter so far, I think. But I just didn't want to leave a cliffhanger this time :)

Fluff. So. Much. FLUFF.

There had been so many fights and other annoying stuff between the boys that I decided that it's finally time for Jonghyun to give in. But it became way cheesier than I was intending to... But that's not necessarily a bad thing, right? :D Everybody loves romaaaance~

So. Two new characters, Amber and Sulli! (Although Amber was in the last chapter, her name just didn't come up yet.) I'm not that familiar with their actual personalities in real life so if they're completely out of character in this, I apologize.  Amber and Sulli is a thing, right? SulBer anyone? Well, who knows... They could be just friends sharing an apartment :D We'll see what happens in the future...

Cafe Stardust is a name I use in all of my stories and comics whenever the characters go to a cafe. It may or may not be inspried by Starbucks....... :D

Hmmm I wonder if that was all I wanted to talk about... Oh yeah!

This is the part where the original story ends. They made up, started dating and well happy ending. But since I have already extended this version a lot, I am definitely not gonna end this story here yet. But I just wanted to tell you because this means I don't have an actual plot for the future yet. (Except the next chapter). So it might take me a bit longer to update from now on, especially if I get a major writers block once again... But I promise to try my best to update at least once a week!

Thank you for all of your kind comments, they seriously make my days so much better everytime! 

See you again, hopefully soon! ^^