Chapter 6

How to tame a playboy

For the next couple of weeks Jonghyun and Key kept avoiding each other. They were both still a bit embarrassed and confused about what had happened earlier. Especially Jonghyun.

"Dude, what's with you these days?" a classmate of Jonghyun's asked one day when they were at lunch break. Jonghyun looked up from his lunch and looked confused.

"Nothing, what do you mean?"

"I don't know, you just seem to be kind of distant and quiet. Usually you're the one who needs to be told to shut up every other minute. You okay?"

Jonghyun sighed. Had it been that obvious?

"To be honest, I don't know what's up with me myself... I've just been feeling kind of down lately."

The boy in front of him put his hand on Jonghyun's shoulder and said with a straight face:

"I know. You need to get laid."

Jonghyun nearly choked on his food.

"Jinki, are you trying to kill me? I thought you were going to say something actually helpful."

"What, are you saying I'm not right? When is the last time you have actually been with someone? And don't call me Jinki."

"But it rhymes with ." Jonghyun smirked, hoping to change the subject.

"You're the one. Just call me Onew like everyone else does. And don't even try to avoid my question."

Jonghyun sighed again.

"Fine... It's been awhile. The last few dates I've been on have gone horribly wrong and I don't know why. So I kind of stopped the whole dating thing for awhile at least."

Onew blinked at him.

"Kim Jonghyun, the campus playboy, giving up dating girls. What has the world come to?"

"Very funny... I just don't want to mess up again. And besides..." he didn't end his sentence because he saw Key at the entrance of the cafeteria. With some short haired girl Jonghyun didn't know by name.

Suddenly Jonghyun felt like someone had stabbed him in the heart. He couldn't quite understand why, but seeing Key giggling with that girl made Jonghyun feel extremely angry. He looked away from Key and said to Onew:

"Actually you're right. I need to start dating girls again. Do you happen to know anyone who's available?"

Onew looked like he had been waiting for that and took a piece of paper from his pocket.

"I actually do. She doesn't go to this school, but here's her number. She's really cute."

Jonghyun looked at the number suspiciously.

"Where do you know her from then?"

"Oh, I have my connections..."

 "Onew..."

"Okay, fine. She's my girlfriend's sister."

"You have a girlfriend?" Jonghyun was surprised.

"Yes? Is it so surprising?" Onew was amused by Jonghyun's surprised face.

"I don't know, maybe? I mean you haven't mentioned it before. But anyway, that isn't really my business. Thanks for this, I'll call her today. We should probably get going now."

And then they got up and left the cafeteria and Jonghyun made sure not to even glance at the table Key and his new girlfriend were sitting at.

 

---------------------

 

"Kibum?"

Key was on the floor, stretching when he heard Taemin call him. He looked up and saw Taemin staring at him with a worried expression on his face.

"What is it?" Key asked and got up.

"Are you and Jonghyun alright? You seem to be kind of distant these days."

Key looked away and said:

"What do you mean distant? It's not like we've ever been best friends or anything..."

"Well you are roommates after all and you had so much fun that day you went to the movies! After that you've been just avoiding each other."

"What are you, a relationship police? We're fine. Everything is fine between us, nothing has happened, okay?" Key snapped suddenly, making Taemin a bit startled.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to into your business... Minho has just been worried about you two."

Before Key could answer, their dance lesson started and they had to stop talking. And after dance class Taemin left so quickly that Key didn't get a chance to apologize for his aggressive behavior.

-----------------

The next morning Key was still thinking about Taemin's words. He was right, he and Jonghyun had been avoiding each other. And for what? Something innocent that could've happened to anyone!

Key got up from bed and after dressing up he decided to finally talk to Jonghyun. He went to the kitchen first. No one was there, which actually wasn't that surprising because it was a Saturday morning, so his roommates probably were still sleeping. Except.... When Key had left his room he had seen that Jonghyun's bedroom door was open. So where was he?

Suddenly Key heard music coming from the living room. He ran there quickly to discover that Jonghyun's phone was ringing on the sofa. Jonghyun himself seemed to be missing.

Key hesitated, but then grabbed the phone and looked at the contact, but there was no name. He sighed and then decided to answer.

"Hello?"

"Jonghyun? Where are you?"

It was a voice of a girl. Key frowned a bit before answering:

"No, this is his roommate. Who are you?"

"Oh? We were supposed to meet five minutes ago and he still isn't here."

"I guess he left in such a hurry that he forgot his phone. He should be there soon."

"Oh there he is! Thank you and sorry for bothering you!"

Then the call ended. Key just stared at the phone in his hand for awhile and then threw it back to the sofa angrily.

"Stupid Jonghyun with his stupid girlfriends! Whatever! It's not like I wanted to make things right with him after all."

Minho came from his room yawning and asked:

"What are you raging about?"

Key turned around,  and said:

"Nothing. I'm going out."

And then he left the apartment without saying another word, leaving a very confused Minho alone in the living room.

-----------------

After many hours had passed, Jonghyun came home angrier than he had been in a long time. He cursed and threw himself on the sofa, just to find his phone he had forgotten home earlier.

Minho came from the kitchen and sat to the other sofa.

"What is it?"

"Nothing."

"Oh come on! Clearly you have been upset for a long time and now you are angry like a bear that has been shot in the . Tell me what's up."

Jonghyun sighed and then looked at Minho.

"Promise me you won't laugh or tell this to anybody!"

"Scout's honor." Minho promised with his hand on his heart.

"Well... For awhile now I've been having some troubles with my dates. I keep losing focus, I forget things, heck I even forgot to go on a date one time! And even when some dates seem to be going according to plan, I mess everything up when we get to the bedroom." Jonghyun blushed a bit and his voice got slightly more quiet at the end of his sentence. Minho smiled a bit, which made Jonghyun snap:

"I SAID DON'T LAUGH DAMN IT!"

"I'm not laughing! So what is the problem in the bedroom?"

Jonghyun seemed a bit uneasy.

"Well, you know..."

"No, I don't. You need to be more specific."

"Ugh I can't ing get it up, for s sake! That's the problem! DON'T YOU DARE LAUGH AT ME, CHOI MINHO!" Jonghyun shouted, when Minho couldn't hold his laughter in anymore.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Um, what do you think is the reason for this... problem?" Minho couldn't keep his smile away, but he wanted to help his roommate anyway.

"I have no clue. But it started around the time when Pretty Boy arrived here."

Minho stared at him.

"And you don't see the connection here?"

"What connection?" Jonghyun was confused.

Minho rolled his eyes.

"Are you serious...? Has it even occurred to you that you might actually have a crush on Key? That the reason you can't concentrate on your dates is because you don't want to date anyone but him?"

It was Jonghyun's turn to stare at Minho. Then he burst out laughing.

"Oh my God, you almost got me! Me, have a crush on him? No way! I'm probably just tired, that's all."

"You can keep on denying it, but it doesn't change the fact that you have a huge crush on him."

"Stop saying that! I do not have a crush on him! I'm not gay! I don't like him and I never will and that is the end of this conversation!" Jonghyun was standing now and glaring at Minho.

But Minho wasn't looking at him anymore. He was looking at something behind Jonghyun.

"What?" Jonghyun asked and turned around to see Key looking at him with a hurt expression. 

 


AAAH I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ME TO UPDATE!  I was having a serious case of a writers block D: But now I know how to continue at least the next chapter so you should be getting it a bit faster than this chapter!

-Jinki is in da house! >:D Haha I just couldn't leave him out of the story! If you have suggestions who his girlfriend could be, please tell me :3 I don't know if she'll be a huge part of the story, but it would still be nice if she had a name :D I don't really know much about girl groups so if you know someone who would be okay for Onew's girlfriend, do tell me :3 So many smileys today haha :D Also I'm sure everyone knows who the short haired girl with Key was...

I'm super tired at the moment, so I won't babble anymore. Hopefully you like this chapter and hopefully there are not too many typos... See you soon again! ^^

Ps. The gifs aren't loading properly and look funny but they were too cute not to put there :D I didn't find a good jongkey gif so I decided to go with Onew and Jonghyun since Onew appears for the first time in his chapter :)