Chapter 4

How to tame a playboy

I'M BAAACK! It has been WAY too long since I updated, so here's another longer chapter for you guys! :) 

I was having a slight writer's block, so that's why it took m so long to update. I'll try to be quicker with the next chapter!

Hope you like this one ;)

 


 

"Are you kidding me?!" Jonghyun shouted after bursting in the apartment suddenly, making Key jump a bit. He glared at Jonghyun, who for a change didn't storm in his room, but instead collapsed to the couch, next to Key.

"You ok?" Key looked at Jonghyun with a worried look on his face.  Jonghyun sighed and then murmured:

"My date cancelled... Not that it would matter that much, but I have already paid for these movie tickets! The movie starts in half an hour, I can't return them anymore and I doubt I'll get anyone else in such short notice. Ugh, what a waste of money!"

The main reason for Jonghyun's irritation was actually not the money, but the reason the girl had cancelled their date. She had heard of the weird way Jonghyun had been behaving these days; not concentrating at all, being a bit rude and actually forgetting about a date a few days earlier. She had known he was a player, everyone knew that, but she had no interest in getting involved with a douche who doesn't even try to make a girl feel special.

Key looked at the tickets in Jonghyun's hand and then asked:

"What movie were you gonna watch?"

Jonghyun handed the tickets to him and said:

"I don't know, some animation movie... She wanted to see it so bad, but nooo..."

"Frozen?! Aaah I've been wanting to see this ever since it arrived in the theaters!" Key squealed after seeing the tickets properly. Jonghyun blinked at him.

"You have?"

"Yeah! I know, take me to see it! You won't lose your money and I'll finally get to see the movie! It's a win-win situation!"

"Eh, I don't know..."

"Oh come on, why not?"

Jonghyun looked at Key, who seemed to be really eager to go to the movies with him. Then he shrugged and said:

"Ah, never mind. Okay then, let's go!"

"Yay! Thank you, Jonghyun!" Key hugged Jonghyun, surprising him. Key let go fast, before Jonghyun could say anything and laughed:

"Oops, sorry I got a bit too excited."

Yeah that's it. Nothing weird about friends hugging each other, right? Then why had Jonghyun's heart started beating much faster suddenly? To cover it up he got up and said:

"But remember, it's not a date."

"What?! I never said it was, !" Key snapped. Jonghyun laughed and motioned Key to follow him. They should leave soon, or they'd be late. At the door they ran into Minho, who asked where they were going in such a hurry.

"To the movies. We're gonna see Frozen!" Key explained with a smile on his face. Minho looked at both of them and smirked.

"Ooooh. Well have fun, you two."

"It's not a date! Stop smirking like that!" Jonghyun hissed at him.

"I never said it was. I just told you to have fun."

"Yeah, but-"

 "Come on, Jonghyun! We're gonna be late!" Key interrupted Jonghyun, who sighed and just glared at Minho. Then he turned around and followed Key, who was already far away from the door.

---------------------------------

They got to the movie theater early enough after all. They even had time to buy some snacks. Key insisted on paying for those, since Jonghyun had paid for the tickets.

"Oh okay, then I'll take the most expensive popcorns and the biggest soda they have here!" Jonghyun joked making Key laugh and say:

"Go ahead, but I doubt you'll manage to eat or drink even half of them!"

"Hah! Is that a challenge? I'll show you!"

Key just shook his head but let Jonghyun get what he wanted anyway.

---------------------------------

Jonghyun had been a bit worried about going to the movies with Key since he didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, but now that they were there, he noticed that people barely even looked at them. What was he even worried about? Going to the movies is perfectly normal for friends!

When the movie started Key was really excited. He could barely stay still on his seat. He looked adorable staring at the screen wide eyed and smiling. After realizing he had thought that, and that he was staring at Key, Jonghyun turned quickly to look at the screen and started stuffing himself with popcorn. His face felt a bit warm and he was happy about the darkness in the theater.

"The animation is really well done, and I love the characters so far!" Key whispered to Jonghyun after awhile. Jonghyun just smiled at him and nodded.

When the song that even Jonghyun had heard about, the annoying snowman song, started, Jonghyun could hear that Key was singing quietly along to the song. Key's singing voice was really nice. Jonghyun tried to lean closer sneakily to hear properly, but right then the singing stopped and there was an instrumental part.

The music started to become more sad. Apparently the parents of the main characters had died. Then the singing continued, in a sadder tone. Jonghyun just stared at the screen, but then he heard sniffing from his left side. He looked left and saw that Key's eyes were getting wet. Jonghyun felt a sudden need to wrap his arm around him.

"You ok?" he said bluntly instead.

"Ahaha, yeah. I just get way more emotional about movies than I should. Pretty dumb, right?" Key smiled shortly and wiped his tears away. Jonghyun shook his head and moved his hand towards Key. He was about to his cheek, but in the last second decided to just ruffle his hair. Key just stared at him flustered. Jonghyun didn't say anything and just turned back to the screen.

 

-----------------------------

 

The movie ended like every Disney-movie ends; they lived happily ever after. Or something like that.

Key had been right, Jonghyun hadn't eaten all of the popcorn. Key didn't say anything about it, though. He was too happy. Actually Key was happier than Jonghyun had ever seen him. He just kept humming the songs from the movie and smiling like Christmas had come early.

"So I guess you enjoyed the movie?"

"Does it need saying? I loved it! Thank you so much for taking me!" Key turned to smile at Jonghyun, who immediately looked away. He was quiet for awhile and then suddenly asked:

"Do you have any plans for the rest of the evening? "

Key was a bit surprised by Jonghyun's question.

"Um, no. Why?"

"I know this pretty good bar just around the corner. Wanna go there for awhile?"

Key hesitated. He wasn't a big fan of alcohol, he had been in a bar maybe one or two times in his life. He was about to decline, but then he looked into Jonghyun's eyes. He was looking at him, waiting for the answer and for some reason Key felt he would disappoint him by declining, so he said yes. He didn't want Jonghyun to think he had just used him for the movie tickets.

When they got at the entrance of the bar the bouncer just nodded at Jonghyun and let them both in without even asking for their ID. Key was a bit surprised by that, because he was sure he didn't look over 30 years old yet. Jonghyun noticed Key's surprised expression so he explained:

"The bouncer already knows I'm over 20. I come here pretty often after... Uh I mean... I come here often."

Key squinted his eyes a bit and said:

"Oh, I see. This is the place you take your girlfriends for an after party or something."

"Well, yeah. Problem?"

They both stared at each other for a few seconds, then Key smiled and said:

"Not the slightest."

They picked a corner table and Jonghyun offered to pay for the first round.

"Round? How many rounds are there gonna be? We do have school tomorrow..." Key hesitated again.

Jonghyun laughed and told Key to stop being a wuss. Then he walked to the bar and came back with a beer for himself and some kind of colorful drink that had a decorative umbrella in it.

"Really, Jonghyun?"

Jonghyun smirked and told Key to taste it so he did. It was actually pretty good.

"I kind of figured that you probably aren't a beer person, so I asked the bartender to mix a special drink for you. Do you like it?" Jonghyun asked still smiling at Key.

"It's good. Is there any alcohol? I couldn't really taste any." Key stared at his drink.

"Oh damn, those are the worst. When you don't taste it, you actually start drinking more, and BOOM. You're drunk."

"Haha, that's not gonna happen! I know my limits. But maybe I should just stick to cider or something after this, just in case." Key said and took a sip from his drink.

There was a small silence between them after that. The music was getting louder, so there wasn't really much chance for a deep conversation anyway. Key looked around the bar, sipping from his drink more often as the time passed. Then suddenly his glass was empty.

"Oops! That was fast!" Key let out a small laugh and Jonghyun just stared at him before saying:

"Yeah, that was pretty fast. Maybe you should wait awhile before getting another drink."

"Oh come on, Jjong, I thought you said I should stop being a wuss!" Key blurted out and looked at him with a meaningful expression.

Jonghyun understood and smiled.

"Ok, fine. I'll get you that cider."

"No, I want another one of these." Key motioned towards the empty glass in front of him. Jonghyun hesitated, but then decided that since Key is a grown up, he is responsible for his own drinking. So he came back with another "Special Key Mix", as he had named it and a whiskey for himself. If Key was drinking stronger drinks, then so was he.

Needless to say, after a few hours they were both in quite the questionable condition. They weren't sitting across from each other anymore, Key had moved next to Jonghyun and they were laughing at everything.

"Oh my God, I wonder if Minho is wondering where we went? How many hours has it been already?" Key suddenly remembered his other roommate. 

"Pfffth what do you care? He's probably just happy to have the whole place to himself so he can do... whatever he does when he's alone." Jonghyun forgot what he was gonna say so he ended his sentence like that.

"Hahaha oh I know what he's doing... Or more like WHO..." Key giggled and took another sip of his drink. Jonghyun turned to look at him.

"What?  What do you mean?"

"Oh please! Surely you know what I'm talking about?"

Jonghyun smiled at Key who had a goofy smile on his face as he stared at him trying to message something with his eyes.

"No, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

"Taemin! He and Minho are obviously having !" Key blurted out. If he hadn't been drunk he would've most likely chosen his words differently.

"What?! No way, are you serious?" Jonghyun asked in surprise. Key nodded and they both started laughing again. Then they noticed their glasses were empty once again.

"Ah, maybe... Maybe we should get going already?" Jonghyun suggested, but Key shook his head.

"One round? Then we can go. I'll pay. Please, pretty please?" Key looked at Jonghyun with puppy eyes, so Jonghyun just nodded and let Key go to the bar.

 

--------------------------------------

 

That didn't turn out to be their last round after all and when they finally got out of the bar it was already 2 am. They were still in an euphoric state. Key's walking had become a bit difficult since the Earth seemed to have started spinning faster, so he was leaning on Jonghyun who didn't actually mind at all.

"Ooooh , this feeling is so weird, man..." he said and Jonghyun laughed:

"Yeah well that's what you get for drinking waaaaaay too much than you're used to."

"Oh, just let it go, Jjong!" Key complained.

They both looked at each other, smirked and started singing Let It Go from Frozen very, very loudly. Thank God they were still near the bar, so they didn't really stick out from the other drunk people.

---------------------------------------

When they finally got to their apartment, they tried to be very quiet. Key poked Jonghyun on the arm and pointed at the floor, where they saw sneakers that they knew belonged to Taemin.  They both had to cover their mouths so they wouldn't burst out laughing.

They stopped in the hall, next to both of their bedrooms, which were across from each other.

"So yeah. Thanks for this. I had... Uuuh it was really fun." Key's speaking had started to become more difficult.

"Yeah, me too. I actually enjoyed this probably more than I would've enjoyed the actual date. Minus the , of course." Jonghyun smirked.

"Hahaha yeah, minus the ." Key giggled and then continued:

"I mean like you said, this wasn't a date. Just two friends, having a good time. Without . No . Absolutely no-"

Before Key could end his babbling Jonghyun pushed him against the wall and kissed him.