Chapter 1

How to tame a playboy

 

"Good morning, my friend!" Kim Jonghyun shouted when entering the kitchen where his roommate Choi Minho was eating breakfast. Minho looked at his roommate, shook his head and smirked.

"I can see you got lucky last night, once again."

"Oh yes! With two girls, actually!" Jonghyun added with a smug smile. Minho's eyes widened a bit but then he just scuffed.

"You're such a pig... When are you gonna settle down and find yourself an actual girlfriend, not just a one night stand?"

"Pfffth don't be boring, Baby Choi!" Jonghyun grinned, sat at the table and took a sandwich from Minho's plate. Minho glared at him, but let it go.

"So... Do you remember what happens today?"

Jonghyun kept munching the sandwich without even looking away from it and just shrugged. Minho sighed.

"We're getting a new roommate. You do remember they finally found someone to use that extra room we have, right?"

Jonghyun swallowed and said:

"Oh yeah, I remember something like that... It's a dude, right?"

"They don't allow girls and boys to live in the same apartments here... Seriously, how long have you been going to this school?"

"I tend to remember only the important things. So when is he gonna be here? I have a date at five pm."

Minho shook his head again.

"Seriously? Again? How do you do that...? Ugh, never mind. He should be here any minute."

And just when he finished his sentence, they could hear the door opening. They both looked at each other and then without a word they got up and rushed to the door. They appeared in front of the newcomer so fast, that he jumped a bit.

"Yah! You guys scared me!"

"Sorry..." Jonghyun and Minho said monotonically and just stared at him.

The boy in front of them was definitely a sight to sore eyes. He was wearing a black beanie which covered most of his blonde hair, only the bangs could be seen. The light color of his hair in addition to his light skin really brought out his big, dark eyes. He was wearing a medium length grey tweed coat and under that he had a black pullover, which he had put over a white dress shirt. His jeans were black and his black and white shoes added a few centimeters to his height. All in all he was the prettiest boy they had ever seen. At least in Jonghyun's opinion.

"Is everything okay?" The boy looked at them a bit confused because the guys were still just gazing at him.

"Ah, sorry. You're our new roommate, right? I'm Choi Minho and this doofus who can't get his eyes off you is Kim Jonghyun, the town douche." Minho snapped out of it and went to shake the newcomers hand.

"Yah! Shut up! I'm not a douche..." Jonghyun also woke up from his daydreaming state and snapped at Minho.

The boy looked at them both, then snickered and said:

"My name is Kim Kibum, but most people just call me Key. Nice to meet you, Minho and Jonghyun. "

"Nice to meet you, Key. Do you need help with your luggage?" Minho asked smiling charmingly.

"Oh, um yeah, that would be nice." Key smiled and Minho nodded and said:

"Good. Jonghyun will help you, I have some business to take care of."

And then he left the apartment before Jonghyun could say anything.

There was a short awkward silence between the two boys, before Key said:

"Well, he sure was in a hurry."

"Yeah I guess so. Well, um... Let's just get these to your room."

When they got to the room Key clapped his hands and said:

"This is so much better than the room I had in England! It's bigger and prettier!"

"You've been to England? Wow, what's it like?" Jonghyun was surprised to hear this.

"Yeah, I went to high school there. It was awesome, but I missed my family, so I decided to come back to Korea."

"Oh okay, that makes sense. Listen, do you need help unpacking your stuff?"

"Hm? You don't have anything else to do?"

"Nah, it's okay."

"Oh, okay. Well yeah, sure. Thank you." Key smiled at Jonghyun thankfully and it made his heart beat a bit faster. He ignored it however, and smiled back and then they started unpacking the many bags Key had somehow managed to bring to their apartment on his own.

----------------------------------------------------

When Minho got back home both of his roommates were sitting next to each other on a sofa in the living room just chatting. Minho smiled and approached them by asking:

"Hyung, are you so tired of your last date that you forgot you have one today too? It's already 4:55 pm."

Jonghyun clearly had forgotten the whole thing because he suddenly got up cursing, ran to his room, grabbed his keys and wallet and rushed out of the apartment.

Minho looked at the door, smiled shortly and sat where Jonghyun had been sitting. Key was still looking at the direction Jonghyun had disappeared. He was pouting a bit.

"So, was Jonghyun any good?" Minho asked Key, who quickly turned around, blushed slightly and asked:

"What? What do you mean?"

Minho tried not to laugh while answering:

"Did he help you with your luggage?"

"Oh! Yeah, he also helped me unpack! He was really nice, not douchy at all." Key smirked.

"Haha, good. I guess he does know how to behave sometimes.  

Minho could see that something was bothering Key, so he asked:

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just... Does Jonghyun go on a lot of dates?"

"Yeah, he does. I really don't know what they see in him, but he seems to have a different girl for everyday. He's kind of a playboy. Why? Do you have a crush on him?" Minho grinned making Key blush again and shout:

"Of course not! I just met him! I just... I was curious. That's all."

The fact that he was still pouting and glancing at the door now and then did not make his words very believable.