He Is Away

Our Love Contract

 

Finally it’s the day. Yonghwa will be going to his world tour. Shinhye wakes up lazily. She will send Yonghwa off to the airport as she had no schedule this day. She brought her knees to her chest and hugs it.

“Why do I feel unenergized?”

She said and sighs. She glances at the wall clock.

“We will be apart after 7 hours.”

She sighs again. She walks down off her bed and opens the curtain. She walks to the balcony of her room and sits on the chair. The sky still dark; showing that she woke up earlier than she always do.

She just can’t sleep. She feels empty just at the thought that there won’t be Yonghwa when she woke up or come home. There will no Yonghwa smiling while waiting for her after her shooting. There is no Yonghwa who will eat her cooking deliciously. There is no Yonghwa who will and talk sweetly to her when they are spending time together.

Shinhye moves inside when she feels the wind getting colder. Her thin sleepwear wasn’t able to make her warm, so she grabs her robe and wears it.

“I better watch TV.”

She tied up her hair in a bun and walks out of her room. She walk pass Yonghwa’s room quietly as to not wake Yonghwa’s up. She went to the kitchen and brews a cup of coffee. She needs it right now.

She walks to the living room and slumps her body on the couch. She sips the sugarfree black coffee and cringe at the bitterness.

Shinhye sighs once again.

“Why did I become like this?”

She whispers to herself and switch on the TV.

She keeps switching the channel absentmindedly before a familiar hand caught her hand and sits beside her.

“What are you doing not sleeping at this hour Park?”

Yonghwa yawns and switch to the basketball match.

Shinhye still in a daze.

Yonghwa waves his hand in front of her face when she is not responding.

“Why?”

“I can’t sleep.”

Shinhye said slowly and sips on her coffee again. She put down the cup before she cough.

Yonghwa look at her coffee.

“Why did you drink black coffee? You are not working today right?”

“Nothing. Just feel like drinking it.”

Yonghwa nods and took her coffee before he sips it.

“You drink this without sugar?”

Shinhye nods absentmindly.

Yonghwa shakes her shoulder with a worried expression.

“Shinhye, kenchana?”

Shinhye sighs.

“I’m fine Jung. Why are you awake at this time?”

He pouts at the TV.

“It’s final match.”

She nods.

“Do you want to drink this anymore?”

Shinhye shakes her head.

Yonghwa took the cup and drinks it.

“I drink this often when I wrote my songs. I never thought you will drink this too.”

He chuckles and put down the cup.

Shinhye smiles at the thought that they share the same cup of coffee.

“Where will you go after Japan?”

Shinhye knew the answer to her question; she memorized his schedule in her mind. Even she doesn’t know why she did it but she did.

She asked him just to ease her thumping heart. He looks y in his basketball jersey. And she can’t even think straightly with the still sleepy Yonghwa by her side.

“Thailand.”

He answers while leaning his back on the couch.

Shinhye nods and planning to leave him alone when he grabs her hand.

“Where are you going now?”

“Kitchen.”

“Why?”

“Cook something.”

Yonghwa chuckles.

“It’s still early girlfriend. Just sit here.”

Shinhye nods and sit again. She leans her back on the couch and fixes her eyes on the TV.

Yonghwa glance at her. She is so beautiful even in that simple white robe. Her messy updo makes her look y to his eyes.

“How can I be sane when I’m away Shin ah.”

He thought while he still staring at her.

“That’s three pointer.”

Suddenly he heard Shinhye said.

He looks at the screen and smiles.

“That’s two pointer Park. Look at his feet.”

“Ahh. I thought the referee is one sided.”

She said while smiling brightly.

Yonghwa smiles at her cuteness.

“It’s me that one sided Shin. Loving you when you think of me as a friend.”

He speaks in his mind while gazing at her.

He smiles at his thought and focuses on the match.

Shinhye feels her eyes getting heavier as the match continues. She then falls asleep on the couch after a moment.

“That’s a three pointer.”

Yonghwa turns to her and smiles when she had fallen asleep.

He lowered the volume and positions her head on his lap to make her sleep comfortably. He grins.

“At least I can still show my loving gesture without people around.”

He leans to her and peck on her tempting lips before he watch the match again.

                                                                                              ***

Shinhye flicks her eyes open when she feel the ray of sunlight hits on her face. She squint her eyes to check on the time and gasps when it is 8.40 a.m. She quickly straightens her body and surprise on what she sees. Yonghwa’s sleeping face. He was sitting while he sleeps and she was sleeping on his lap.

She rose slowly to not wake him up. She blushes.

“How can I end up sleeping on his lap?”

She tries to recall what happen and blush even more.

“Did he?”

She smiles and walks slowly to the kitchen.

She cooks happily.

She doesn’t know why she is that happy but being in that close proximity with Yonghwa really makes her heart flutter.

Yonghwa wakes up when she is done cooking.

“Good morning.”

He said smiling.

“Morning Jung. Sorry.”

Shinhye said while smiling shyly.

“Why are you sorry? I just want you to sleep comfortably. I don’t want people talk about my girlfriend’s panda eyes when you send me off at the airport.”

Shinhye laughs.

“I’ll freshen up first.”

“Deh.”

Shinhye looks at him until he disappears from her view and pour him a glass of water.

She put a pair of chopstick and spoon for him as well as for her.

“This will be our last meal together before we can eat together again after a month.”

She sighs as she whispers to herself and went into her bedroom to freshen up too.

                                                                                              ***

“Deh hyung. Ara. Shin will send me. Deh she will drive. Yes hyung.”

Yonghwa put down his phone and smiles.

“Sorry, hyung think you still don’t have your driving license.”

“Kenchana. Lots of people don’t know that I can drive.”

Shinhye sips the soup with a smile.

“You look happy.”

She said to Yonghwa.

“It’s my first World Tour Shinhye. I’m happy and nervous too.”

“Don’t be. You are the best on stage.”

She took a piece of meat and put it on Yonghwa’s plate.

“Do you think so?”

Shinhye nods.

“Yes.”

Yonghwa grins.

“Gomawo. I’ll perform while keeping that on mind.”

Shinhye chuckles.

“Perform while you think of your fans Jung.”

“Ara. And I will think that my chingu thought that I am the best on stage.”

He grins and eats his food.

Shinhye smiles at his action.

She doesn’t know why she feels sad when he claimed her as his friend. She likes it more when he adressed her as his girlfriend.

She continues eating in a silent athmosphere when Yonghwa suddenly broke the silent.

“I’ll miss your cooking there Park. You pampered me with great delicacies.”

Shinhye smiles.

“I’ll cook a lot when you are back here neh.”

Yonghwa nods while he shows his toothy smile.

Shinhye picks up her plates and bowl before she walks to the sink.

“Done?”

Yonghwa asks her while he munches on his food.

Shinhye simply nods her head while she washes the dishes. She glances to the clock.

“1hour to go.”

She thought and rinses her hand.

“I’ll go and change. Just leave your plates there when you had finished. I’ll be out in a moment.”

She plasters her sweet smile and went into her bedroom.

She clutches on her chest.

“I’m just going to send a friend to the airport. Why did you torture me like this?”

She whispers while she looks down on her thumping chest.

It feels so heavy that she can’t even breathe properly.

“Jung Yonghwa, what have you done to me?”

                                                                                              ***

Yonghwa clasps on Shinhye’s hand tightly as they walks inside the airport. Reporters and fans are everywhere. Shrieking and calling his name. Yonghwa smiles and raise his hand to the fans while Shinhye just smiles beside him.

“I have to go now.”

He said when they arrived.

Shinhye nods. She shows a tint of sadness which shows her true feeling now. She indeed is sad. It will be a full month without Yonghwa. 30 days without Yonghwa.

She lowered her head and a drop of tear fall from her doe eyes.

“Why the hell are you crying Shinhye.”

She scolds herself in her mind.

Yonghwa traces the tear on her cheek and pulls her in his embrace. He caresses her hair.

“I wish we can go together.”

He whispers to her ear. Only for her to hear. Shinhye wasn’t crying. She inhales the scent of her ‘boyfriend’.

She then releases herself from his hug and smiles.

“Do well arasseo.”

Yonghwa chuckles and nods.

“Now go.”

Yonghwa laughs.

“Don’t you think you have to kiss your boyfriend?”

He put his hand around her waist and leans to kiss her lips. Shinhye smiles on his lips. She let him played with her lips and blush when he his lips after the kiss.

"What are we? Why did I blush everytime after our kiss? This is just for public."

Shinhye speaks in her mind while she stare on his handsome face.He smiles.

“I’ll be missing you.”

“I will too.”

She said while she gives him a quick hug.

“Have a safe trip.”

Yonghwa nods.

“Be careful on the road.”

Shinhye smiles.

“Go on.”

“Yeh.”

He turns around and walks from her. He stops and turns to see her face and waves at her before he disappears from her view.

Shinhye turn around with a heavy heart and sad smiles.

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the late update…

I send my laptop to clinic… LOL

Have a nice day…

Love you all…

^______________^