For keeps...

This time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sulli calmed down after a few minutes being in his arms. He held her hand while they went down to the kitchen. She saw his bag and knew that he's staying.

 

"How did you get in?" Sulli asked, pulling a chair to the island counter.

"I knocked but no one answered, so I went to the back door in the kitchen... spare key?" Minho answered and handed her a glass of water. Sulli then realized that Minho still remembers the spare key they kept in the flower pot.

He sat beside her, leaning on the counter.

"What happened?" he asked as Sulli drank from the glass of water.

"Earlier at the beach... Some guy was pushing himself to me, i shoved him away but he was persistent then got aggressive. I thought he won't follow me here but his friends saw me. They tried to enter the house, I ran to my room and thought I was safe there... but the window... I forgot to close the window..."

"Did they hurt you?!" Minho's eyes widened imagining that they might've harassed her.

"No, no! they didn't see me, so they left... then you came" she sighed in relief.

"I was late" He said looking down

"No you're not.. you're just in time... and I'm just lucky, I guess" she shrugged. Seeing that soft smile on her face soothed his worries earlier.

 

"What brought you here?" she forgot he didn't say his reason being there.

"Uhmm... You... I saw you in Andre's studio.. you were dancing. I thought I would see you the following day but they said you didn't come" 

"You saw me? oh..." she was there every class and so she didn't ask when did he drop by specifically, but she wished he hadn't seen her that day she cried "So who told you I was here?"

"I called your mom. I wanted to catch up with things since I haven't seen you for months" he simply said, although not telling her the truth entirely

"I'm glad you came though" she sincerely smiled

That night, even if they slept in separate rooms, Sulli was comforted by the thought of having him in the same roof. She briefly felt something stirr up inside her but immediately dismissed it. She didn't want to get confused, so she settled with the fact that they were friends anyway, and they did miss each other's company.

 

 

"Let's go somewhere else!" Minho said excitedly as they were both thinking what to do that day.

"Hmm... ok... but where?" Sulli asked

"I wonder if the park that we used to go to is still there... what do you think?"

"Sure! anywhere is better than just here" 

As both of them agreed, they drove all the way east to where their mini playground slash park used to be. It was a joyful ride as they started sharing what memories they have left there in Jeju years ago. 

 

They reached the park and indeed the playground was still there. They both acted like kids playing on the swings and seesaw as other kids were looking at them like 'what are these adults doing?' Minho and Sulli didn't mind the young ones, in fact they started playing with them too. They chased the kids around as they played hide and seek and cops and robbers. 

Having their fill of fun at the park, they grabbed something to eat at a nearby fast food chain. With that much fun they didn't notice the time but just got reminded of it when they noticed the sky getting dark.

"Were we that out long? the sun has set!" Sulli let out a laugh as they both stared at the sky.

"Obviously... I had fun though... Never thought I would be running around with kids at this age" Minho chuckled. "Let's have dinner before heading back to the house, my treat" he said as he stopped walking to wait for her reply

"I will not say 'no' to that... You owe me for avoiding me all this months!" Sulli suppressed a laugh

"I.... I'm really sorry for that... I di--"

"Let's not dig into that anymore... What matters is you're here now, right?" Sulli said smiling warmly at him. Minho nodded.

 

They found a restobar not far from where they were talking. Since they both haven't been around Jeju for a while, every shop they passed by was almost new to them. 

As they entered the cozy restobar they found a vacant table near the bar. It was friendly place for a bar, seeing that families and people of different ages are there eating and drinking. After giving their orders to the waitress, Sulli saw a piano by the corner.

"Do you still play?" Sulli asked Minho as he was looking around the place

"Hmm? Play?" he asked

"There's a piano over there. You used to play, right?"

"Ah... yes... used to.. I haven't touched keys for a while" he smiled at the thought

"I'm sure you still know how to play... c'mon play a little something while w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter