That night...

This time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After that night, Minho couldn't help but try to avoid her... her calls, her messages, and even when their friends would meet up, he'd just make up some lame excuse when he finds out that Sulli would be there. For all he felt was pain everytime he sees her, even the mere memory of her makes it harder for him to breathe, how much more if he saw her. 

 

Sulli knew what Minho was going through, she tried to reach out but then she already feels the distance between them. It wasn't like that before when they broke up, so what's the difference now? But deep inside she wanted him, needed him in as much as she tried to understand him and not wanting to hurt him further.

 

For two months they have been avoiding each other. Since Sulli accidentally bumped into him at a coffee shop, she didn't even say anything... they were like strangers. Because of that, she just busied herself with their family business and preparations for the wedding. 

 

Sulli's fiance was still in the states, she met him there during her stay in the University. It was a 6-month courtship before Sulli gave her heart a chance to be in a relationship again. It wasn't love at first sight, and she knew she didn't fall hard for him. The feeling of being special to someone and sharing the same care to each other made her want to give it a chance. She eventually learned to love him. A few months later, her parents learned that she was seeing the guy, Mark. It didn't take long when Mark proposed to Sulli and due to the call of the occasion, she accepted the proposal. For nearly 2 years they've been together and learned each other's culture. It didn't slip to Sulli's mind to announce the engagement since she didn't want it to be a 'showbiz' type of announcement. Both decided that Sulli settled the business in Korea first and get married there before returning to the States with Mark. While he would have to take care things too on his own end.

 

When she was about to return to Seoul, she decided to let her friends know that she's coming home. When she opened her SNS to see who was online among her friends, it so happen that Minho was the only one online that time. She knew well that he must be busy with work that's why he's still there at that hour.

 

Though they were not having constant communication, once in a while they check out on each other if they were doing fine and how things were doing and so on... short chats was all there is, so Sulli never revealed anything to him, nor did Minho. A sudden excitement rushed through Minho when Sulli said that she's coming home and wanted to meet him. For all it's worth, he missed her... when she got back, conversation between them was neverending.. he didn't even have a hint that she was not available anymore... ... so it was just that.... .... he's too late....

 

 

 

March 2011

 

Mark arrived from the states. He had to meet Sulli's family and see through the wedding plans there. However, it wasn't the typical excited groom-to-be that Sulli expected... he was far from that and seems like the wedding wasn't even his intention in going there in the first place.

"Mark... I can sense that something's wrong" Sulli said calmly and held his hand.

"Ssul..." he took a deep breath, preparing to what he was about to confess.

"We need to break up"

Sulli was saddend by the fact that he flew all the way there just to tell her that they're breaking up.

 

They were in her apartment. After showing him around Seoul the whole day, they just ordered take-out and had dinner at her place. But that was just the time he needed to tell her his purpose of coming.

 

"You flew all the way here just to break up with me?" Sulli slightly laughed as if it was a lame joke

"I'm serious... I don't want to fool around" he intently looked into her eyes.

"Are you serious? no fooling around? ... What the hell is this game Mark?!" Sulli's voice went a notch higher

"When you left... I thought it was fine not having to see you coz I trust that you wouldn't do anything to break anything we shared. But I was longing for you..." he started explaining.

"You're here Mark... I'm here... together... we can work this out right?" she was now pleading, holding their hands infront of them

"I don't know..." he sighed "I was the one who broke that trust... not you" he looked down, not wanting to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter