The race...

This time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ms. Sulli, there's a delivery for you" Suzy buzzed through the intercom which startled Sulli from being engrossed in the papers on her desk.

"Send them in Suzy, thank you"

Suzy came in with a bouquet of red roses and handed Sulli the card that came along with it

"Who's it from?" Sulli asked as she reached to take the bouquet and the card

"I don't know, the delivery guy didn't mention" Suzy shrugged "Will that be all?"

"Yes. Thank you" Sulli dismissed Suzy and returned back to her desk placing the roses on the table so she could open the card. It was a simple note and was written personally.

Dear Sulli,

You're all I've been thinking about. Each day passes and 

my feelings have grown deeper. I'll be hoping to see you again soon.

Until then, I'll hold on to the thoughts of you.

- Yunho

 

Sulli smiled at the thought. She's been wooed before, and yet she still finds herself getting giddy like a teen crushing on someone. Yunho was kind, a little arrogant, and definitely confident as a man. Sulli felt protected and secure when with him, though there were times that she felt uncomfortable with his touches and stares, like he's trying to feed on her. If she wasn't holding back, she might've  been with Yunho already, but her feelings were at check whenever she gets into something that reminds her of her past relationships.

She sent Yunho a message:

Yunho,

Thank you for the flowers, they're lovely. Don't think much, you'll get a headache. See you sometime :)

Sulli

 

After that, she started focusing on the papers at her desk again, Suzy once more buzzed her.

"Another delivery Ms. Sulli." Suzy sounded like she was beyond amused with the deliveries her boss was getting

"Just send it in Suzy" Sulli shook her head and laughed

"If this keeps up, you'll be having a flower garden inside your office in days time" Suzy said beaming as she placed a box of long stemmed white roses on her desk

"Who are they from this time?" Sulli asked as she the soft petals of white

"Mr. Minho Choi" Suzy answered

Sulli's head shot up in surprise, and looked at Suzy. "What?"

Suzy rolled her eyes "You asked 'who' not 'what'... they came from Mr. Minho" Suzy smiled and studied Sulli's expression, when she was sure she understood, she went on "actually he personally sent it"

"Really? Why didin't he give it to me in person then? is he still outside?" Sulli was about to head to the door but Suzy stopped her.

"He already left. He said he just dropped by to give this and that he was already late for a meeting and that he didn't want to disturb you" Suzy was still holding her arm.

"Oh."

"Yes. Do you want me to fetch a vase for the flowers?" Suzy offered

"No, thank you. I'll see to it myself" Sulli smiled and Suzy left her office.

Sulli took the note that was slipped inside the box, And sure enough, it was Minho's handwriting...

My sweet Sulli,

I'm making up for lost time. From now on,

I'm never leaving your side, ever again. I'm keeping that promise.

With much love, Minho

 

Her heart swelled upon reading the message and a wide smile etched on her face. She could imagine how Minho's hand moved as he wrote the message with careful and confident . She always found his handwriting too neat for a man, but still had that strong masculine feel... like the way he plays the piano.

Sulli tried calling his phone but it's out of reach. Probably he's at some site where the network wasn't good, so she just texted him.

 

My dearest Minho,

Thank you for the flowers. It's now on my favorite vase near the window. Promises or not, I've always kept you close :) 

Very much flattered, Sulli

 

 

The next day, Sulli was suprised to find a big teddy bear stuff toy at one of her office chairs. Suzy told her that it came from an anonymous sender and that the card that came with it had no name addressed to it.

"Who's it from?" asked Suzy as Sulli read the card

"It doesn't say... it just says 'something to cuddle when you need a hug'... weird" Sulli frowned. Surely Yunho or Minho, who have been constantly giving gifts, would have mentioned it was from them. But she found the message weird. Does she have yet another 'secret' admirer?

"Really Ms. Sulli, you're admirers are accumulating. Perhaps the industry knew you're now single and available" Suzy teased

"Huh... I wouldn't say perfect timing." Sulli shook her head and slide the note back to the bear. She let Suzy place the bear at the receiving area so it wouldn't take up much space on her office chairs. 

 

It was nearly lunch when Minho called Suzy to ask if Sulli was free for lunch. Suzy told him she has no plans and said that she might be eating at the office. With that, Minho decided to order take out and have lunch with her.

"Ms. Sulli, someone's here to see you" Suzy peeked through the office door and found Sulli seated at the sofa with her legs up, a mug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter