crossroads I

This time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sulli's POV

 

One day more till Friday. I'm so excited of the plan that we had arranged for busting Luna and Onew. We decided that we'll have our Fri-date at Krystal's studio, makeshift it into a comfy hang-out place and have a psuedo party. At the same time, we'll be formally announcing to the others that Minho and I are together. Not that everyone already saw that happening, but it's better to clear things.

I haven't heard from Minho the whole day, except for his text this morning. I believe he's busy with the problems they encountered this week. As for me, the whole day was a drag. Kris invited me for lunch, which I gladly accepted, so I can't feel the slowing of the day pass by. I told him about what happened with Yunho and Ara, and I didn't expect his reaction towards the reveal.

"They what?!"

"What? They met that last Friday. And found out they were supposed to be engaged. I thought you knew about this?" I hadn't expected him to react that way since I found out they were related.

"I know the story, but ... they met?" his voice sound pained

"Yes," I looked at him and tried to gauge his sudden change of mood "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to let it sound like it's a happy encounter" I swallowed hard, and remember that Kris was engaged to Ara but had to break it off because of no feelings.

He sighed "It's just that" he paused and put his fork down, "If only he didn't run away, then he could've met her, and maybe spare us all the consequences that happened after" he shook his head and let it hang low.

"I would have still be part of the family if he didn't run away, and I wasn't pushed to be the engaged one to Ara, then the engagement wouldn't be broken over an excuse of not loving each other. It could have spared all of us the heartbreak and sanity" He exhaled loudly. I chose to remain silent as I didnt know what really happened to them. But looking at Kris, he was hurt by being disowned by the family he grew up with just because of a failed engagement.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Sulli. I didn't mean to let out my anger while we're having lunch" he said when he noticed I haven't spoken.

"It's fine. It must be hard feeling that way all this time. It's best that you let it all out." I offered a soft sincere smile, as he did too.

"It's just unfair. He comes back and then all the pieces are at place. My only hurt is that, I can't be one of their family anymore. Knowing his father, what's been done is done, even if I was an asset to the company." Kris fumbled with the glass while talking.

"I'm sorry for that. But hey, you made it big in our company. I'm sure they'll be proud of your success here." I said, trying to lighten up the conversation. He looked at me and smiled a little, but it didn'treach his eyes.

"Yeah, I hope so."

With that topic over and closed, we finished our lunch and head back to the office.

 

I got home a little late due to a late afternoon meeting that made my workday stressful. I just found out that one of our smaller companies is making it big and have even marketed well against major companies. The downside is, one of the major companies was Minho's. Then I tried to piece out the details from earlier this week. It so happen that we are up against their comapany.

I knew one way or the other, Minho would find out whose company the competiton belonged to. But what if he don't? Should I tell him? That's only part of the stress I'm dealing. The other part is that my dad asked me to meet him in Busan tomorrow and discuss on the new project we have there. And that would mean I'll be spending Friday and the weekend there... no unwinding for this week for me.

I already called Krystal and told her that I couldn't help with the set up of her studio, and told her to just go with the planned busting without me. She said it was ok coz Key was more than willing to help her do the makeshift. I would have called Minho already if not for my worry that he might ask about the company, and how I would tell him that our plans for the weekend won't be happening. 

l made myself comfy on the couch after a warm shower. Jiyoung was out with her officemates and told me she'll be in a little late. Oh I so need her right now. I fixed myself a cup of tea while watching some crappy drama when I decided to call Minho.

After the third ring, he picked up.

"Hi Ssul!" he answered

"Hi Minho." my voice a little unenthusiastic

"Are you home?" he asked and from the background noise, he's probably still out and not home yet.

"Yep, just got home half an hour ago." I said. "And you're definitely not home yet. Where you at?" I asked, curious what 's he doing out at this time.

"I'm just about to get in the car. I met with an old friend after work and had dinner, we just separated before you called."

Hmm... an old friend. Yeah, harmless dinner. No biggie.

"Ok. Drive safely then. Call me when you get home"

"Sure, babe. I'll hang up now."

Just then Jiyoung came through the front door.

"Hey Ssul!" Jiyoung is quite in the up mood, and something's different, feels different. hmm... I wonder...

"Hi Ji!" I stood up and went to meet her at the kitchen island. "So... how's the date?"

"Oh it was fine... we talked about this and that and work, also we ..." she stopped and as if she was reminded that she told me she was out with officemates. "Oh no..."

"Aha! gotcha!" I rushed to her side and leaned in "Spill it, girl! Don't hold out any details!"

She took a deep breath and started recounting her evening and date with an officemate. How they're just passing by each other in the office and then gone out on group dates with their officemates and finally asking her out and until he drove her home tonight.

"Oh Ssul... I think he is it!" she said with a squeal

"Whoa! not so fast Ji. but yeah, I hope he is it for you" I hugged her and squealed along.

"Oh yeah, I saw IU at the resto. She seems pretty well. And she mentioned that Arianne is here on vacation"

My head snapped up and my smile slightly dropped. I don't know why I feel funny, but my heart began beating fast.

"A-Arianne?" I asked, my voice soft and suddenly my throat seemed dry

"Yep. The Arianne" she said and went to fetch a glass of water. I felt uneasy knowing that slight information. 

"Why's that look on your face?" Ji was at my side and had startled me a little

"Huh? nothing." I felt pale. Ugh! I hate feeling this weird.

"Ssul, she's here on vacation.. not here to steal Minho." oh my dear lord she's smirking. I'm busted.

I sighed deeply and nodded "I don't know Ji... I feel a little uncomfortable knowing that she's here. Even if only for vacation" the sound of panic now evident on my voice "What if she and Minho met? What if she saw him and realized that he's what she's looking for? That he's now enough for her. What if..."

"Hold it right there Sulli!" her hands automatically chastising me "What the hell are you talking about? Even if she does realize those things now, don't you think it's a little late coz Minho is already with you? And please don't tell me you don't trust Minho won't leave you for her. Because I know for sure he won't leave you this time, and that he loves you that much." she shook my shoulders a little.

I exhaled deeply not knowing I was holding my breath, "Yeah you're right. I trust Minho. Maybe I'm just... just a little stressed from earlier and..." I sighed, I still feel uneasy with the thought of Arianne accidentally meeting Minho anywhere. I began telling Jiyoung the events that happened during our meeting and that I was going to Busan tomorrow.

"Aha! So that's what's you're worried about!" she exclaimed. "Why don't you just call him and tell him that"

As soon as Ji said it, my phone started ringing on the coffee table. Knowing well that it could be Minho.

"Hmm... right on time" Jiyoung smirked and left me to my phone call

"Hi Minho."

"I'm home" he called

"Oh.. that was fast. Light traffic?"

"Yup! Have you eaten?"

"Kinda.. I'm having tea" I in air and decided to tell him "Baby, I can't make it tomorrow. Dad called and said he needs me in Busan tomorrow til the weekend"

"Oh.." I note the sadness in his voice "What time are you leaving?"

"Around 8. I'll take the train."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter