This calls for a party

One Big Happy Family (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence filled the room and Mrs. Kim arched a perfectly plucked eyebrow, sensing the serious mood. Mr. Kim looked at his son and gave him an encouraging smile. By the way Yunho had been subconsciously rubbing the blonde's belly he had a hunch about what they were going to tell them. The sudden silence disturbed some of the kids and Luhan began to sniffle, not liking the serious atmosphere. Sunny pulled him on her lap and soothed him, before throwing her brother a curious glance. 

Yuri also had enough of the silence and slightly bounced on her chair. "Come on Joongie tell us. I'm getting impatient, and the kids too," she said. Jaejoong and Yunho locked eyes again and the blonde smiled before turning to his family. He took a deep breath and squeezed Yunho's hand.

"We're having a baby," he said with twinkling eyes.

It felt as if time had stopped. Mrs. Kim was gaping like a fish, not believing what she heard and Mr. Kim tried hard not to laugh at everybody's facial expressions. The sisters were all stunned frozen and the younger kids who didn't know what was going on just looked confused.

Everyone was snapped out of their stupor by the screams of the older kids. "We are going to have another niece or nephew!" Victoria exclaimed while hugging an equally excited Amber.

"Nice job uncle Yun!" Amber gave Yunho a thumbs up and he burst out laughing. Minseok threw himself at Jaejoong and hugged him, while everyone else slowly processed the information. Mrs. Kim started to cry and looked at her son who was being buried alive under the sudden weight of all his sisters tackling him. Her eyes found Yunho's and she gave him a grateful smile.

"Thank you," she whispered before she enveloped her son in law in a big hug. 

Mr. Kim laughed heartily at all the chaos and pulled Jaejoong away from all his hysteric sisters. He cradled his only son in his arms and patted his back. "You've come a long way, son. I'm so happy for you and Yunho. I'm sure you'll be great parents," he said as Jaejoong finally let go of all the tension in his body and cried happy tears. 

Everybody was screaming, laughing and crying. The emotion in the room could be felt three blocks away. They all thought Jaejoong didn't have a good chance to get pregnant and there were many times the blonde went to his sisters to tell them how miserable he felt and how much he wanted to start a family with Yunho. The news that had been delivered to everybody was shocking and liberating. And they all had no doubt that Yunho and Jaejoong would be amazing parents.

"Oh my God! This calls for a party!" Mrs. Kim said while running around.

"Mom, we haven't told Yunnie's parents yet," Jaejoong said with a small shake of his head. His mother could get too excited at times.

"Oh, but that won't be a problem. You can tell them at the party! I'll call Hyori and ask her over next week!" Before Jaejoong could respond his mother already ran away. With slight panic he looked at Yunho, but the other just smiled and mouthed it was okay. The blonde let out a sigh and laughed. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter