The Kim residence

One Big Happy Family (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jaejoong woke up the next morning he wanted to snuggle next to his husband, but frowned when Yunho wasn't there. Yunho always slept late on Saturdays.

"Yunnie?" He said groggily and sat up to look around the room. He was glad he didn't feel sick this morning and slowly got out of bed, shivering when the slightly chilly April air hit his feet. The blonde put on his fluffy slippers and a hoodie and made his way to the living room. He frowned again when he heard soft whistling noises and smelled... bacon? The blonde turned right to the kitchen and snorted when he saw Yunho in his pink apron making breakfast while whistling along to some song on the radio.

"Yunnie, what are you doing?" Jaejoong made his way to the counter and giggled as he saw Yunho jolt. The latter turned around and grinned. "I'm cooking breakfast for my pregnant wife," he said while giving Jaejoong a quick kiss on the lips and turned around again to check the eggs. "And please don't scare me like that again. Sometimes I wonder if you're a ninja or something."

"Who says I am not?" Jaejoong joked and pulled himself up to sit on the counter while he watched his husband cook. It honestly was a sight to see and Jaejoong tried his best not to burst out in laughter. Yunho was trying to chop up some spring onions, but failed horribly. The pieces all had different shapes and sizes and at the end it looked as if the poor spring onions went through a meat grinder.

"But, you never cook. You know you at it, right?"

"Ouch, Jae," Yunho pouted and lightly slapped Jaejoong's leg. "Well, then I have to get some cooking lessons from my wife, because that belly will get bigger and bigger and I know that things will get difficult for you. So, I have to help you out in every possible way I can."

The blonde giggled and shook his head. Honestly, how he managed to snatch up such a good husband Jaejoong may never know. "Thank you, Yunnie. I appreciate it. But, my belly isn't that big yet and I can still do everything. Let's start with cooking some new bacon," he said. The blonde hopped off the counter and put the fire lower as he threw the burnt bacon out of the pan. He felt Yunho wrapping his arms around him and melted in his embrace.

"I wouldn't know what to do without you Jae," his husband said with a smile.

Jaejoong hummed in agreement. "You'd probably starve and die of hunger," Jaejoong laughed. "You can't even properly cook some bacon and eggs," the blonde snorted and Yunho pouted again. Jaejoong grinned and turned his head to press a kiss against Yunho's cheek.

"But, you can learn from your mistakes. Come on, let's make some breakfast. We're hungry!" Jaejoong exclaimed for both him and their unborn baby as he rubbed his belly. Yunho grinned and let his wife go to grab some new eggs and bacon.

~

After breakfast they called the Kim family to let them know they were on their way. It was tradition in the Kim family to try and spend every Saturday together with all the sisters, nieces and nephews. Of course sometimes people couldn't make it, but most of the times everyone was present and the whole day would be filled with laughter and hysteria.

At first it took Yunho some time to get to know and be comfortable around Jaejoong's family, because he came from a much more reserved and wealthy family. But, after having visited the Kim residence a couple more times Yunho felt loved and at home. Jaejoong always felt giddy when watching all his nieces and nephews adore uncle Yunho and watching them run around and play together in the garden. At moments like those the feeling of wanting to start their own family was deep. But that had all changed, because they would have their own little family in a few months.

"You ready?" Yunho asked his wife as they entered the car. They went to the city real quick to get everyone a little present. They felt it was appropriate to give gifts this time, instead of just a bouquet of roses for Jaejoong's parents and sisters and some small toys for the nieces and nephews. Not to mention that most of them had already grown so much. 

"Always," the blonde said and fastened his seatbelt. He was happy to see his family again. They couldn't visit them the last two weeks because Yunho had been too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter