Baby shopping

One Big Happy Family (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Mrs. Kim heard through the phone that her grandchild was going to be a girl, chaos ensued. She had ran down the stairs, threw the phone at her husband screaming "Keep talking to Joongie I have to find my cell phone to call the girls!", immediately called her daughters and yelled the news at them, all the while trying not to sob because as she claimed, "This mascara is way too expensive to be smudged."

Mr. Kim just shook his head at his wife's antics and brought the phone to his ear, hearing the happy news from his son. He had congratulated the couple and was relieved to hear his granddaughter was healthy. When he was about to say goodbye, his wife came running back in the living room and snatched the phone from his hands. "Joongie, next week we will go baby shopping," she yelled knowing Jaejoong understood that 'we' meant 'the whole Kim family'. Before Jaejoong could utter something back his mother had already put an end to the call leaving behind an overwhelmed Jaejoong and a chuckling Yunho.

"Well, at least she didn't organize a party like last time," Yunho snickered. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and sighed. "Yunnie you should be so happy with your family. Your parents just congratulated us and Boa only screamed for about three minutes," the blonde stated. "I think my mom can now officially communicate with dolphins, that's how high her scream was," he joked. Yunho laughed and lightly kissed his wife's forehead. "Aw, Jae you know she's just happy. Don't be mean."

"I know," Jaejoong answered. The blonde looked down at his stomach and smiled. He was about four and a half months pregnant and his belly had gotten considerably bigger. Yunho bend down and kissed his wife's stomach. "Hi baby girl," he started. "Don't cause mommy too much trouble alright?" Yunho whispered against the soft skin. Jaejoong placed his hand in front of his mouth and giggled. Yunho could be way too cute sometimes. He never thought in a million years that his husband would someday be talking to their unborn child. "You're so whipped Yun," Jaejoong laughed. Yunho stuck out his tongue and kissed the blonde's navel. "I don't care. Now, let's call Junsu and Yoochun to tell them the news and afterwards we can watch a movie, okay?" Jaejoong looked at his husband and nodded. "Okay."

"Joongie!"

Cue nine sisters and five children running towards the Jung couple. Jaejoong was smothered with hugs and kisses by his sisters and the children - Minseok, Amber, Victoria, Krystal and Kris - ran straight towards their uncle Yunho, almost tackling him to the ground. "Where is mom?" The blonde asked. "She had an emergency meeting at work so she couldn't come. But she told us to tell you guys that she will be there next time," Taeyeon explained. The other sisters were squealing loudly at Jaejoong's stomach, attracting stares from the people around them. Some people started whispering among each other recognizing the CEO from J.Music. Yunho noticed this and carefully guided the family inside the baby store before they would attract a larger crowd. He wanted to shop without people yelling and pointing at his head.

Luckily the baby shop was owned by a friend of both Yunho and Jaejoong. They arranged that the shop would be empty today, so that they didn't have to worry about other customers or a hectic environment. When they entered the store they were greeted by a woman with half long brown hair and a friendly smile on her face. "Hi, how are you guys?" She said as she hugged her friends, and gave a bow in greeting to the rest. "We are good Sunye," Yunho answered with a smile. "Thank you for clearing the store today and letting us shop peacefully," he added. Sunye waved her hand in front of her face and shook her head. "It's okay. For my friends always."

When the introductions were over Sunye lead them through the store. "The first floor is where all the stuff regarding the baby's safety, comfort and transportation is," she explained while everyone looked around the huge store with their mouths slightly hanging open. "The second floor is for all the baby toys and clothes. Look around and call me if you need help or information," Sunye bowed again and walked away. As soon as Sunye rounded a corner the sisters gasped and ran in every direction. The kids decided to stay with their uncles and curiously looked at all the baby stuff. 

Amber looked up at Jaejoong and grinned. "Mom told us you are having a girl," she commented and Victoria nodded in agreement. Krystal smiled widely and gently petted the blonde's belly, afraid that she would hurt her uncle. Jaejoong smiled and gave a thumbs up. "Yes, your cousin will be a girl!" Minseok and Kris bumped fists and grinned. They then frowned and looked at both their uncles in dedication. Raising both fists they said, "We'll promise to protect her in the future."

Yunho grinned widely and Jaejoong bit his lip to prevent himself from squealing at the cuteness. Amber swung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter