Yoochun and Yunho's cooking show

One Big Happy Family (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Junsu told him 'we'll be back in an hour or so' it turned out to be more than 'an hour or so'. If Yoochun didn't know those two better he would have been worried. He lightly shook his head and went to the kitchen to make himself some food and possibly dinner for when the others came back. What few people knew was that Yoochun was quite the cook. But, only when he was hungry. He was far too lazy to cook everyday, so of course Junsu being the forever sweet boy managed their breakfast and dinner.

He looked around the kitchen and found some vegetables, eggs and left over rice, as suspected of Jaejoong. "Guess I'll make some fried rice," Yoochun muttered to himself as he opened a few cabinets in search for the frying pan. When he found it he put it on the stove and poured a bit of oil into the pan. While the pan was slowly heating up he cut up the vegetables and cracked the eggs in a bowl. Yoochun faced an imaginary camera and put on a greasy smile.

"Hello everyone, welcome to Yoochun's cooking show. Today we are making fried rice," he explained while lightly mixing the egg yolks together. "Fried rice is easier to make with old or cooled down rice, so make sure the rice isn't too sticky or warm when you put it in the pan," he said.

While Yoochun was cooking and talking to no one in particular, the front door opened. "Jae, I'm home," Yunho called out and Yoochun quickly ran to the hallway to greet his friend.

"Hey Yun," the slightly shorter male greeted and Yunho smiled before giving his friend a quick hug. "Hey Chun, how are you? Where are Jaejoong and Junsu?"

Yunho slipped off his shoes and put down his bag on the floor. Yoochun shivered when he recalled Jaejoong's sudden personality change but walked back to the kitchen, motioning for Yunho to follow him.

"I'm fine. Su and Jae went to get some ice cream, but knowing them they probably got distracted and went shopping after," he snickered and quickly put the eggs in the pan. Yunho chuckled and shook his head. Yoochun faced him while making sure the eggs wouldn't burn. "Yun be prepared, because Jae might be having mood swings already," he said with wide eyes.

Yunho laughed and got himself a lemonade from the fridge. "Yeah, I kind of got that feeling when he almost cursed my poor secretary out," Yunho mused as he took a sip. Yoochun grinned and flipped over the eggs, proud when the other side was smooth and had a golden tint. Yunho leaned over the counter and raised an eyebrow.  

"What are you making? It looks good," he remarked and Yoochun smiled. "I'm making fried rice. I got hungry after waiting so long and your house always has food, so why not make some dinner?" Yunho nodded in agreement and watched as Yoochun flipped the omelet over again and softly let it slide on a plate.

Yoochun faced his imaginary camera again and started talking to it. "Ladies and Gentlemen, today we have a very special guest on the show," he said with a big smile and pointed at Yunho. "Please welcome J.Music's CEO Jung Yunho!" The latter frowned and tried to suppress a laugh. "Chun, what the hell are you doing?"

Yoochun turned around and laughed. "I'm hosting my own cooking show and you'll be my guest and assistant today," he replied. Yunho resisted the urge to face palm and rolled his eyes at his idiotic friend. "Remind me why we are friends again, will you?" Yoochun pouted and cut the omelet in small bite size pieces.

"Don't be such a killjoy and try to have some fun sometimes," he said while giving Yunho a raised eyebrow. Yunho sighed and gave his friend a smile.

"Alright, alright. What do I have to do?" Yoochun grinned and handed Yunho the knife. He faced his imaginary camera again and stood beside Yunho. "While my assistant Yunho will be cutting the omelet in small pieces I will be cooking the vegetables," he explained.

Yunho chuckled, but decided to play along and started cutting the egg. "Now, when cooking the vegetables you have to be careful you don't cook them too long, otherwise they will burn," Yoochun pushed the vegetables in the pan and lightly shook it, effectively spreading them all equally around. He expertly gripped the handle and flipped the vegetables in the air.

Yunho was done cutting and looked at his friend i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter