A Broken Heart

A Broken Heart

Chang Min stared at Victoria who was eating her lunch while updating her blog. He wondered what Victoria’s reaction would be if he told her that Kyu Hyun is seeing someone else. Would she cry? Or would she force herself to smile to wish Kyu Hyun? Victoria noticed that Chang Min wanted to tell her something but was hesitating. She moved her attention from her laptop to Chang Min.

“You want to say something?” Victoria asked Chang Min.

“No,” Chang Min lied.

“You’re a bad liar,” Victoria told him. “What is it?”

“What would you do if Kyu Hyun falls in love with someone else?” Chang Min asked her.

“I would wish him the best,” Victoria responded calmly.

“Don’t you love him?” Chang Min questioned her.

“I do,” Victoria answered. “But, it’ll be a one-sided love then. I can’t keep him so I will wish him the best.”

“I’ll just ask you this question one last time,” Chang Min told her. “Are you going to the wedding with me?”

“My final answer will still be a no,” Victoria answered.

***********************************************************************************************

Kyu Hyun flipped through few magazines on his table which featured Victoria as the model. He admitted that she hadn’t changed much since he last saw her years ago. Instead, she became prettier and more feminine. He went to open the room’s door when someone rang the doorbell. His visitor is someone he didn’t expect to show up in Seoul.

“What are you doing here?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“Aunty told me that you’re back in Seoul. So, I came here to meet you,” Yoo Na smiled at Kyu Hyun.

“I’m here for business deals,” Kyu Hyun responded.

“I’m here to participate in the preparation of Ara unnie’s wedding,” Yoo Na said.

“Whatever,” Kyu Hyun walked back to the table.

Yoo Na followed Kyu Hyun into his room. She saw the magazines on the table and felt jealous. After all these years, she still couldn’t replace Victoria.

“You still love her?” Yoo Na asked.

“It’s none of your business,” Kyu Hyun answered.

“Of course it is,” Yoo Na argued back. “We’re engaged.”

“Not married,” Kyu Hyun reminded her. “So, I have my freedom.”

“What if she doesn’t love you anymore?” Yoo Na asked him.

“She still loves me,” Kyu Hyun replied.

“How do you know?” Yoo Na asked.

“Through her expression,” Kyu Hyun recalled the day he met her accidentally.

“You’ve met her?” Yoo Na questioned him.

“As I said earlier, it’s none of your business,” Kyu Hyun told her.

“Why can’t you pay more attention on me?” Yoo Na asked him. “What is so good about her?”

“Our relationship is nothing but a deal between our families,” Kyu Hyun replied. “Wait till the day I have enough power, I’d cancel the engagement.”

‘No, you won’t do that,’ Yoo Na thought. She wouldn’t let go of Kyu Hyun. Never.