A Broken Heart

A Broken Heart

Victoria bided the photographer and the staffs’ goodbye and walked out from the studio. She looked at her watch and took a bus to Chang Min’s restaurant. Chang Min took out the salad he told the chef to prepare for her and placed it in front of her. As usual, she took out her camera and took a photo of the salad before started eating it.

“Why are you always taking photos of the food before you eat them?” Chang Min asked.

“To help you promote your business,” Victoria giggled.

“I run three restaurants,” Chang Min reminded her. “Do you really think I need your help?”

Victoria didn’t answer him but continue eating her salad.

“Anyway, I want to ask for your opinion for something,” Chang Min said.

“What?” Victoria asked.

“There’s a wedding happening next month and I’m invited,” Chang Min told her. “But it’s more like a ball event for the evening and I want to ask you to be my partner.”

“Whose wedding?” Victoria asked.

“Cho Ara,” Chang Min looked at her expression as he answered her question. As expected, Victoria stopped eating and stared at him.

“You must be kidding,” Victoria told him.

“I’m not,” Chang Min responded.

“I told you I don’t want to be involved in anything related to them,” Victoria said.

“It’s just a ball,” Chang Min said. “Besides, that accident happened years ago. They’re not going to blame you for that anymore.”

“I just don’t think that it’s the right place for me to be at,” Victoria told him. “Don’t force me.”

“Araso,” Chang Min responded.

***********************************************************************************************

Kyu Hyun opened his eyes when Jung Mo nudged his arm. He looked at the view outside the plane. After hours of flight, they finally landed at Incheon International Airport. After picking up their luggage, they went inside the car they rented. Kyu Hyun stared at the view outside the airport as they drove all the way to Kyu Hyun’s house. Kyu Hyun’s parents were surprised to see him when he showed up at the door.

“Why didn’t you tell us earlier so that we can pick you up?” Kyu Hyun’s mother asked him.

“I don’t want to bother you,” Kyu Hyun replied.

“But, your sister’s wedding is in next month. Isn’t it a little too earlier for you to come?” Kyu Hyun’s father questioned him.

“There’s a company I’m interested to buy over the share so I came earlier to prepare,” Kyu Hyun told his father.

“I’ll ask the maid to clean your room and prepare a guest room for Jung Mo too,” Kyu Hyun’s mother said.

“We’re not staying at home,” Kyu Hyun told his mother. “We’ll stay at the hotel because it’ll be easier for us to do our work.”

“But, you must come home for dinner,” Kyu Hyun’s mother told him.

“Araso,” Kyu Hyun responded.

After biding his parents’ goodbye, he and Jung Mo went to a five star hotel to check in. He unpacked his luggage and then switched on his laptop. When he was scrolling down the website, he saw a commercial. The model of the commercial is the person he could never forget. Though she was wearing makeup, he could still recognize her.

“We’ll meet soon,” Kyu Hyun smirked and switched off his laptop.