A Broken Heart

A Broken Heart

Victoria went for a walk at the Han River. She enjoyed the breeze from the river. She looked at her surrounding and found couples holding hands, kissing and hugging. She didn’t know that someone was looking at her from the car parked not so far away from her.

‘Why do you look so lonely?’ Kyu Hyun thought as he watched her sitting on the bench alone.

Victoria stood up when she received a message from Chang Min. Kyu Hyun followed her in his car and parked his car not far away from Jae Joong’s restaurant. He saw similar faces going into the restaurant. Through the window of the restaurant, he could see that Chang Min and Victoria are always beside each other. That moment, he wanted to go out from his car and bring Victoria back to his side.

‘Chang Min, you still love her after all these years,’ Kyu Hyun thought. He knew that Chang Min likes Victoria since they first met her but Kyu Hyun confessed to Victoria before him.

Chang Min noticed the car stopped not far away from Jae Joong’s restaurant since Victoria came. He excused himself and walked out from the restaurant. Because of the lighting, he couldn’t see who is inside the car. When he wanted to approach the car, Kyu Hyun started his car engine and drove away. For a second, Chang Min thought he saw the wrong person.

‘Kyu? What is he doing here?’ Chang Min wondered. ‘Didn’t he say he lost his memories?’

“Chang Min, what’s wrong?” Victoria came out from the restaurant when she found out that Chang Min was missing.

“Nothing, let’s go back in there,” Chang Min responded and went back into the restaurant with Victoria.

Jae Joong was the first one to notice that Chang Min seemed different since he came back into the restaurant. He left Yun Ho and the others and walked towards Chang Min who was in the corner.

“What happened?” Jae Joong asked Chang Min. “Are you sick?”

“Hyung, I think I just saw Kyu Hyun out there,” Chang Min answered.

“Are you sure?” Jae Joong questioned him. “But, what is he doing here?”

“I don’t know,” Chang Min told Jae Joong. “Could it be that he didn’t lose his memories?”

“Then why would he lie?” Jae Joong asked.

“Victoria,” Chang Min looked at the direction of Victoria. “Maybe he thought that Victoria left him and he wanted revenge.”

“Kyu Hyun isn’t that kind of person,” Jae Joong said.

“Hyung, he was away for years,” Chang Min responded. “And people do change. From the first time I saw him when he came back, he seemed different.”

“It’s still too fast to decide,” Jae Joong told Chang Min. “Are you going to tell Victoria?”

“No,” Chang Min answered. “It’s the best to leave her out of this.”

“But if Kyu Hyun’s target is Victoria, she should know,” Jae Joong said.

“I don’t want her to get hurt,” Chang Min told Jae Joong.

“After all these years, you still have a feeling towards her,” Jae Joong said.

Chang Min didn’t respond to Jae Joong’s words. He kept looking at Victoria who was chatting happily with Amber. He couldn’t imagine how would Victoria react if Kyu Hyun came back to take his revenge on her.

‘I would protect you,’ Chang Min said in his heart. ‘I won’t let anyone hurt you.’