A Broken Heart

A Broken Heart

Victoria sat down on the bench in a park. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the wind. She recalled the words Ara said to her the other day when she attended her wedding. When she felt that someone sat down beside her, she opened her eyes immediately.

“Kyu Hyun?” Victoria was surprised when she saw Kyu Hyun sitting beside her. She stood up and wanted to leave but Kyu Hyun grabbed her hand.

“Can we talk?” Kyu Hyun looked at her.

“What do you want to talk to me?” Victoria didn’t sit down but stared at him. “Is it fun lying to me? Is it fun to fool me?”

“I never want to lie to you,” Kyu Hyun stood in front of her.

“But you did,” Victoria told him. “You acted that you didn’t remember me because of the accident. And then, your fiancée and you acted to be intimate in front of me. Is this your revenge? If yes, then you have succeeded. You succeeded to break my heart and make me a fool for not forgetting someone who has already moved on!”

“I never move on!” Kyu Hyun yelled back at her. “I don’t love Yoo Na! And I wasn’t taking a revenge on you either!”

“Then why do you show up now?” Tears started to form in Victoria’s eyes. “Why? Why do you have to come back now? Why do you want to make me remember all the memories I had with you?”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Kyu Hyun hugged Victoria. He didn’t know what else to say except apologizing to her.

“Kyu Hyun, please leave me alone,” Victoria started to sob and tried to push him away but Kyu Hyun hugged her tighter every time she tried to push him away.

“I’m not leaving you anymore,” Kyu Hyun whispered into her ears. “I love you and I always do.”

“I’m tired,” Victoria told him. “I’ve waited eight years.”

“I’ve also prepared for eight years before coming back,” Kyu Hyun distanced himself from her. He wiped away her tears and looked into her eyes. “I promise you, this time, I won’t leave you anymore.”

“You can’t promise me anything,” Victoria told Kyu Hyun. “You have a bright future and you have a fiancée.”

“I don’t love her,” Kyu Hyun said.

“But she loves you. Kyu Hyun, let’s not meet anymore,” Victoria said and walked away.

Kyu Hyun watched Victoria walked away. He started to regret coming back this late. He sat down on the bench without realizing that he was being watched by Chang Min. Chang Min walked towards him after he made sure that Victoria had left. Kyu Hyun stood up when he saw Chang Min walking towards him.

“Kyu Hyun, this is my last warning and advice to you. Leave Seoul soon or I’ll bring her away,” Chang Min told Kyu Hyun.

“I still love her,” Kyu Hyun said.

“You’re engaged,” Chang Min reminded Kyu Hyun.

“That’s why I’m working to cancel the arranged marriage,” Kyu Hyun responded. “I need your help.”

“Why should I help you?” Chang Min asked him. “You disappeared for eight years and you lied about your memory loss when you came back. After all these things happened, do you really think that I would help you?”

“I beg for your help,” Kyu Hyun spoke in a sincere tone. “I love her and she still loves me. I’m sorry for lying about suffering from memory loss to all of you but I just want to see if you guys had changed or moved on.”

“What if we moved on?” Chang Min questioned him.

“Then I’ll leave,” Kyu Hyun replied.

“Even if Victoria doesn’t love you anymore?” Chang Min asked.

“Yes,” Kyu Hyun nodded. “I’d have left if I knew that she doesn’t love me anymore and had moved on. But, she still loves me. This time, I won’t let her go anymore.”

“What do you want me to help you?” Chang Min saw the sincerity in Kyu Hyun’s eyes and became soft-hearted and chose to help him.

(A/N: Sorry for the late update~ Been really busy with assignments lately and finally have the chance to update today and then will be having a week of Easter break so probably will update real soon. But then there are still two assignments and a test to study during this holiday. Sigh. Life in university. Anyway, enjoy this update. Annyong~)