A Broken Heart

A Broken Heart

Kyu Hyun and Victoria finally met up after the summer break. They went to a restaurant to eat their lunch. But, actually, Kyu Hyun planned a surprise event for her. He was going to propose to her in a theatre they are heading to. However, when they were crossing the road, a bus lost its control and is speeding towards both of them. Kyu Hyun used his body to protect Victoria but both of them were hit by the bus. The pedestrians started to panic and yell for help. Victoria managed to catch a glimpse on Kyu Hyun who was more seriously injured than her before she passed out. Both of them were sent into the surgery room when they arrived at the hospital. Chang Min and the others rushed to the hospital after receiving a call from the nurse.

“How are the patients’ conditions?” Chang Min grabbed one of the nurses and asked her.

“Both of them are seriously injured and we’re doing our best to save them,” The nurse answered him and went into the surgery room.

“They will be fine,” Jong Hyun assured Chang Min and stared at the light outside the surgery room.

Kyu Hyun and Victoria’s parents arrived at the hospital shortly after Chang Min and the rest had arrived.

“Chang Min, what did the doctor said?” Kyu Hyun’s mother asked. “Is Kyu Hyun going to be fine? Answer me!”

“The doctors are doing their best,” Chang Min answered.

“I told him to stay away from Victoria,” Kyu Hyun’s mother turned around and pointed at Victoria’s parents. “My son’s life is in danger because of your daughter!”

“Aunty, calm down,” Jong Hyun tried to calm Kyu Hyun’s mother.

“What did Kyu Hyun do? Why is God treating him like this?” Kyu Hyun’s mother couldn’t stop crying while Kyu Hyun’s father hugged her to comfort her.

“He’ll be fine for us,” Kyu Hyun’s father said. “He’ll be fine.”

Victoria’s parents didn’t say any words but deep in their hearts, they were panicked. They only have one daughter and they couldn’t afford to lose her. When the doctors came out from the surgery, everyone surrounded the doctors.

“How are the patients?” Chang Min asked.

“The surgeries are successful but both of them are still in coma,” One of the doctor answered. “It now depends on the patients’ will.”

“I want to transfer him,” Kyu Hyun mother told the doctor.

“Aunty, it’s not wise to do this,” Jae Joong said.

“I will transfer him to the best hospital and he’ll receive the best care,” Kyu Hyun mother responded.

“The nurse will help you with the process,” The doctor replied her. They couldn’t stop the patients’ families from transferring the patients to other places.

Before Kyu Hyun’s parents walked away, they looked at Victoria’s parents again.

“Ask your daughter to stay away from my son,” Kyu Hyun’s mother told them. “Chang Min, an advice for you too. Don’t stay too close with the girl.”

“Aunty, that’s one very hurtful comment,” Chang Min responded. “It wasn’t Victoria’s fault at all that they had an accident.”

“If Kyu Hyun never meets her, he wouldn’t have an accident,” Kyu Hyun’s mother said and walked away.

“Uncle, Aunty, don’t worry about the hospital fees,” Chang Min approached Victoria’s parents. “I’ll take care of it.”

“We can’t bother you,” Victoria’s father said.

“It’s okay. Victoria is like our little sister,” Jae Joong told him.

Two months later, Victoria is discharged from the hospital and returned to school. On the other hand, Kyu Hyun left to the States. Since then, they became strangers and never mention each other in their life anymore.