A Broken Heart

A Broken Heart

Six months passed by since Victoria last saw Kyu Hyun. She figured that he had returned to the States and maybe got married with Yoo Na. She continued with her life as a blogger and model. She still attended the gathering Chang Min held every once in a while. No one spoke to her about Kyu Hyun anymore, including Chang Min. Today is another gathering at Jae Joong’s restaurant.

“Here,” Chang Min passed Victoria a small envelope.

“What is this?” Victoria asked Chang Min.

“An invitation card,” Chang Min took a sip of the cocktail in his hand. “It’s a masquerade ball for this year’s reunion.”

“They sent it to you?” Victoria took the envelope and opened it. “At a hotel? Didn’t they usually have it at some restaurant or karaoke?”

“They stopped by at my restaurant this morning and thought that I could deliver it to you,” Chang Min replied. “I guess we’ll be partner again this year.”

“Yes,” Victoria responded.

Two weeks later, Victoria wore a white lacy dress with a pair of black heels. Her hair is tied into a bun with a small crown placed on it as a decoration. She put on her black masquerade mask before walking into the ball. She looked for Chang Min who was supposed to be her partner for tonight. She took a glass of cocktail and chatted with some of her schoolmates. A man in white suit and a black masquerade mask approached her and asked her to dance with him. Victoria accepted the invitation. As they danced, Victoria felt a sense of familiarity on the man but thought that it was impossible for him to be here. Slowly, they moved away from the crowd and were now at the balcony.

“What’s your name?” Victoria asked the man.

“I’m the prince to rescue you, my princess,” The man whispered into Victoria’s ear.

“Kyu Hyun?” Victoria recognized the voice. When the man removed his masquerade mask, Victoria wanted to cry.

“Why are you crying again?” Kyu Hyun sighed after he removed Victoria’s masquerade mask and saw the tears in her eyes.

“Why did you come back again?” Victoria asked him.

“To find my princess,” Kyu Hyun smiled at her and wiped away her tears. “How could a prince live happily without his princess?”

“What about Yoo Na?” Victoria questioned Kyu Hyun.

“She found her happiness and we cancelled off the marriage,” Kyu Hyun told her. “So, I came back to your side.”

“This reunion is part of your plan?” Victoria asked.

“Yes,” Kyu Hyun answered.

“Chang Min knew this?” Victoria asked him.

“Of course he does,” Kyu Hyun replied. “I’ve planned this for a month time and he is willing to help me.”

“But, what about your parents?” Victoria questioned him.

“They couldn’t say anything about this. I showed them that even without Yoo Na’s father’s help, our family’s company can still go strong,” Kyu Hyun answered. “And I now have the freedom to choose my bride.”

“I never say a word about marrying you,” Victoria told him.

“I hope I’m not too late,” Kyu Hyun said.

Just then, the spotlight hit the balcony and everyone at the ball approached the balcony. Kyu Hyun kneeled down on one knee and took out a silver box from inside of his coat. He opened the box and there are two rings inside the box.

“Victoria Song, will you marry me, Cho Kyu Hyun? I promise to cherish you and love you with the rest of my life. I promise to stay by your side through richness, poverty, healthy and sickness,” Kyu Hyun said. “Till death shall we part. Will you marry me?”

“Yes,” Victoria nodded and burst into tears of happiness.

Kyu Hyun put one of the rings onto Victoria’s middle finger and she did the same thing to him. Everyone cheered for them as both of them hugged each other. Two hands hold onto one another tightly under the night sky.

(A/N: And this marks the official end of my first KyuToria story and the second one is in progress now before I start posting it up here. Anyway, some of you may don't like the ending cause it kinda rush because that's what I felt and yet this is all that I could do as I'm busy with assignments during the Easter break as well. Also, deepest condolence to the victims of Sewol. May the deceased rest in peace and the alives be rescued. Let's not lose hope and pray for them. Let's meet again in the new KyuToria story. Annyong~)