A Broken Heart

A Broken Heart

“Do you remember what day is today?” Victoria asked Kyu Hyun who was lying on her lap.

“Friday,” Kyu Hyun answered.

“I know you won’t remember it,” Victoria hit Kyu Hyun’s chest.

Kyu Hyun grabbed her hand and then looked at her, “It’s our anniversary, right?”

“I thought you really forget about it,” Victoria told him.

“I won’t forget about it,” Kyu Hyun promised her.

Their peaceful moment only lasted a while because the others came to join them. When Kyu Hyun sent Victoria home, he asked her to close her eyes before she went into her house. Kyu Hyun put a ring on her middle finger. When Victoria looked at it, it is craved with Kyu & Vic on the external surface. Kyu Hyun took out his left hand to show Victoria that they are couple rings.

“Where’s my present?” Kyu Hyun asked her jokingly.

“This,” Victoria took out a box of chocolate from her bag. “I made them myself.”

“Komawo,” Kyu Hyun smiled happily. “I’ll pick you up tomorrow night.”

“Araso,” Victoria responded. “Bye.”

***********************************************************************************************

Victoria wore the blue dress she received from Kyu Hyun during her birthday this year with a pair of flats. She left the house after telling her parents that she’s going to Chang Min’s house for a party. Kyu Hyun smiled brightly when he saw Victoria. He wore a black shirt with a pair of jeans, matching a pair of black sneakers. When they reached Chang Min’s place, they met with Chang Min’s cousin, Kim Jae Joong and his friends.

“Kyu Hyun, I’m taking Vic with me,” Amber said and dragged Victoria to other group of friends.

“Kyu Hyun,” Dong Hae ran towards Kyu Hyun and gave him a big hug.

“Hyung, you’re heavy,” Kyu Hyun teased Dong Hae who is two years of his senior and a friend of Jae Joong.

“How dare you say this,” Dong Hae hit on Kyu Hyun’s head.

“Teuk hyung,” Kyu Hyun left Dong Hae and greeted Lee Teuk.

“Annyong,” Lee Teuk showed his dimple smile. Lee Teuk used to be Kyu Hyun’s neighbor but moved out when he started to study in the university. He is Jae Joong’s senior but often mixed around with them too.

“Vic, have you decided which university to go once graduated?” Jessica, Victoria’s senior for a year asked her.

“No,” Victoria answered. “Have you?”

“It’s possible that I’m leaving to USA,” Jessica told them.

“Then, what about Yoo Chun oppa?” Seo Hyun asked Jessica.

“I haven’t told him yet,” Jessica answered. She has been dating with Yoo Chun since two years ago when Yoo Chun was in his third year of high school.

“Vic, then do you know which university Kyu Hyun is going?” Amber asked.

“No, we haven’t talk about it,” Victoria answered.

“If I’m not mistaken, Kyu Hyun will be going overseas after he graduated,” Seo Hyun told Victoria.

Actually, Victoria thought about it before that one day, both of them might separate. It is because that Kyu Hyun came from a wealthy family and he did mentioned once about studying overseas. Victoria’s family could only afford her to study in a local university. She looked at Kyu Hyun who was chatting happily with the other guys. She wondered if she would be able to let him go when the day he has to leave came.