A Broken Heart

A Broken Heart

Victoria went to the park near her apartment. She sat down on a bench and watched people talking, running and playing in the park. She didn’t even realize that Chang Min approached her.

“What are you thinking?” Chang Min asked her.

“Chang Min, when did you come?” Victoria questioned him.

“A while ago,” Chang Min replied. “Victoria, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” Victoria asked.

“Before I tell you, you must promise me that you won’t do anything stupid, okay?” Chang Min told her.

“Okay,” Victoria responded.

“Actually, Kyu Hyun didn’t suffer from memory loss,” Chang Min decided to tell Victoria the truth. Though it’ll hurt her for now, it’s the only way he could do to protect her.

“This isn’t funny,” Victoria responded calmly.

“I’m not joking,” Chang Min told her. “The other night when we were at Jae Joong hyung’s restaurant, he was outside the restaurant. I’m sure that he didn’t loss his memories.”

“Then why would he lie to all of us?” Victoria asked.

“I don’t know,” Chang Min replied. “But, part of the reason could be you.”

“What do you mean?” Victoria questioned him.

“I mean you could be the reason that he lied about his memory loss,” Chang Min answered.

“Why me?” Victoria couldn’t understand why Kyu Hyun lied about suffering from memory loss.

“I’m not sure either. I’m just guessing,” Chang Min responded. “Maybe we can find the answer at Ara’s wedding.”

“Chang Min, I just don’t think that it’s the right place for me to be at,” Victoria sighed.

“But, don’t you want to find out why he came back all of a sudden and pretended to suffer from memory loss?” Chang Min questioned her. “I don’t think he came back just to attend Ara’s wedding.”

Victoria didn’t answer Chang Min’s question. She thought about Chang Min’s words. After consideration, she decided to go to the wedding with Chang Min.

***********************************************************************************************

Kyu Hyun laid on the bed and thought about Chang Min’s words. He wondered if he made a huge mistake. After all, he never wanted to hurt Victoria. He took out his wallet and stared at the photo of both of them in the wallet.

‘Vic, why did we end up like this?’ Kyu Hyun questioned in his heart. ‘I never want to hurt you. I just wanted us to get back together like we used to be. Will you believe me for this one last time?’

He sat up from his bed when he heard the doorbell rang. When he opened the door, he found his sister, Ara smiling at him brightly.

“Noona,” Kyu Hyun gave Ara a hug and let her entered his room. “Why did you come at this time?”

“I want to ask you something,” Ara sat on the bed and saw the photo.

“You could have called me,” Kyu Hyun kept the wallet back into his pocket.

“Do you still love Victoria?” Ara asked.

“Noona, you met Yoo Na?” Kyu Hyun didn’t answer Ara’s question but asked her another question.

“Yes,” Ara answered. “She went to our house just now to have dinner.”

“She asked you to help her?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“She only said that you met Victoria,” Ara replied. “Kyu Hyun, if you love Victoria, you must be strong enough to protect her. Are you able to do it?”

“You’re not against it?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“No. I support you no matter what,” Ara ruffled his hair. “Remember, you must be strong to protect your loved one.”

“Araso,” Kyu Hyun responded.

(A/N: Sorry for this late update. Was very down for a few days because my maternal grandmother passed away and I wasn't able to return home to send her off. Hope that she rests in peace. Anyway, enjoy reading this new update.)