Slow Growing Love Part 1 -Eira98- Leo

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

Here is the Leo one shot for eira98 . I split this request into 3 parts to help it flow better I guess you could say, also if I kept it all as one it would be way to long. I hope you Enjoy! 

“Please Hyojoo! You have to do this for me! You owe me.”

“Lee Jaehwan, how to I owe anything? What have you done to make me owe you?” Han Hyojoo crossed her arms and stared at her friend, waiting for his response, to see what he would have to say.

Jaehwan fiddled with his fingers, biting his lower lip and looking around trying to think up an excuse and to convince Hyojoo to finally agree to what he was asking, but he was drawing a blank. “Um well, there was that one time that…no, actually, not then. O! That time that I…not then either…Look, I don’t know but please do this one thing for me and I will do ANYTHING you want for a whole week, a month, whatever, no questions asked, no complaining but please, please, PLEASE!!!”

Hyojoo rolled her eyes annoyed at her friend’s dramatic antics and getting a headache from all of his whining and bugging her non-stop. She gave him a dull stare as he continued to beg, even getting down on his knees. All of this just for a stupid little favor that that she really, really did not want to be a part of. But she knew that he would not leave her alone not give her a moments peace if she did not agree; and having him at her beck-in-call for a month did sound nice.

“Fine.” She grunted out her response, irritated that he finally worn her down and that she caved to his constant begging, “I will go on the blasted blind date with your friend’s friend. Though I don’t know why I have to be the one.”

“YES! Thank you Hyojoo! I promise you won’t regret this.”

Jaehwan nearly tackled her into a tight hug, repeating “thank you” and squeezing her to the point she thought that her ribs would crack if he hugged her any tighter. She fought against his hold, needing to breathe.

“Let go of me!”

Hyojoo was finally able to break his hold and push him off of her and took deep breaths, trying to get air back into her lungs. Hyojoo glared at her friend and straightened out her clothes. “One date and that is it. And, I make no promises at all to stay the entire time date. If I do not like how it is going, I will leave and then I will kick your into next week for forcing me to go. Do you understand me?”

She spoke in a stern voice, like a parent scolding a child. Jaehwan just nodded enthusiastically, smiling brightly and happily dancing around since she finally agreed. This caused Hyojoo to roll her eyes at him once more, in both annoyance and embarrassment. She just turned and walked away without saying another word to her friend. Though once he realized she was leaving, he called after her,

“I will text you the details for tomorrow!”

She just waved him off and went home to start preparing herself mentally and emotionally for tomorrow night.

‘I am so going to kill Jaehwan for talking me into this.’

 

The following night, Hyojoo found herself sitting at a corner table of a quiet, little restaurant. There were few people there which was something that she liked, and soft music playing that helped in calming her nerves. The décor was simple enough and overall it was a quaint little place, perfect for a first date. She was still trying to figure out why she allowed Jaehwan to talk her into the stupid date with a guy she did not know.

Letting out a long breath, she fixed her dress to distract her and keep her running away. Jaehwan had told her to wear something in blue with her hair pulled back so that her date could find her; he was supposed to wear blue as well. So she decided on a light blue tulle dress with flower embroidery that came a good 3 to 4 inches above her knee, showing off her legs. Paired with simple beige peep-toe pumps, a white gold diamond star necklace and a pair of diamond stud earrings. Her hair fell down her back in soft curls and her make-up light but bringing full attention to her large, round eyes.

She liked how her outfit turned out, it was cute, and she had hoped that it would help build her confidence. She was wrong. She was terrified; in her mind she thought over and over how horrible of an idea being here was. Hyojoo just knew that it was going to end in disaster or that she was going to embarrass herself in some way.

It would have helped in Jaehwan had told her something, anything about who this guy was so she would know what to expect from him, if there was a chance they would have anything in common. But he would just say that he did not know much since his friend did not tell him much to go on. Only thing Jaehwan said he could tell her was that he was like her and shy until he warmed up to someone, even then he was a bit on the quiet side. She guessed that was something to go on but it wasn’t much and she did not know how to use that so the date had some chance of working out.

“Excuse me?”

Hyojoo’s head jerked up at the sound of a soft voice speaking to her. She was met with the gaze of two sharp, eyes. They were staring down at her as if they were looking right through her, looking into her soul. The hard look was intimidating to say the least, it made her even more nervous about being there and the pull to run away even stronger. But she composed herself and pushed away the thought of running out of her mind. She sat up straight, responding in a fake strong voice so her nerves did not reveal themselves

“Yes?”

“You are wearing blue.”

He spoke in a whisper like voice, and if the restaurant wasn’t quiet then Hyojoo might not have heard him, “Yes I am, as are you.”

“I am supposed to meet someone wearing blue, are you her?”

Hyojoo relaxed slightly, “I guess I am since I am supposed to meet someone also wearing blue and you are the first person to approach me asking about it.”

He simply nodded his head and sat down in the chair across from her. She tried to give him a small smile as she introduced herself,

“I’m Han Hyojoo. It is a pleasure to meet you.”

“Jung Taekwoon, but you can call me Leo.”

She nodded her head in response, laughing in her head at the nickname. It was oddly fitting, she thought; the sharp eyes, delicate features that were almost cat-like. He had a strong jaw line, a perfect button nose, slightly chubby cheeks that gave her the strong urge to pinch, and thick, naturally pouty pink lips. She could tell that he had a nice body; broad shoulder, defined arms, and from the looks of it, an athletic body.

Hyojoo had to admit he was incredibly handsome and made her heart race a little, but so far she was not seeing anything attitude or personality wise that was attractive.  There needed to be something other than his looks if there was any chance of this being a success.

She sat there sipping her water, looking around the restaurant while Leo went over the menu. The feeling of awkwardness settled over them, and it was strong and made Hyojoo feel very uncomfortable. Even if they both were shy and quiet, this was just ridiculous. He was not even trying to break the silence or even acknowledging that she was even there and honestly it was starting to tick her off. She could be alright if it was just because he was shy, but this was almost like he just did not care at all.

“Are you always this quiet and awkward?”

His soft voice shocked her, catching her attention, “Huh?”

Leo rolled his eyes at her, annoyed that he had to repeat himself, “Are you always so awkward and quiet?”

She narrowed her eyes at the boy in front of her and had the strong urge to toss her water on him. “You know I could ask you that same thing. But I would have to add the part about being you being an .”

Leo was a little surprised by her response, so he decided to just not reply and picked at the table cloth. Hyojoo rolled her eyes at him and sat back in her chair, crossing her arms. The two remained silent until the waiter came to take their order. As they waited, Hyojoo was getting fed up with the awkward silence. She might be a quiet person herself, but it was never awkward, she hated awkward silences. She figured that maybe he was just coming off as a jerk because he was nervous himself. Also, if Jaehwan found out she did not even try before just leaving then she would never hear the end of it.

‘Jaehwan, this better be worth this torture.’

“I’m sorry, for calling you an , this is a little weird for me. So why not try this again and try to get to know one another? What do you like to do in you free time and your hobbies?”

Leo gave her a drool look, his eyes reading as if he was questioning if she was stupid. In his mind that was a very stupid question to ask because he did not see the point in trying to get to know one another when they are never going to see each other again. He honestly had no desire to try and get to know her anyway and was just doing this so his friend would shut up and leave him alone.

“Look, Hyojoo, I don’t want to be here, I don’t really care about petty conversation, I’m just here so someone would leave me alone. I’m sorry if you had it in your head that this would be some kind of fairytale and end in a happy ever after. Let’s just eat and then leave going our separate ways to never see each other again.”

Hyojoo glared at him and had had enough of his rude behavior, she could not take being there any longer.

“You think I wanted to be here? I was forced here just like you, but I thought that maybe could make the best out of a bad situation. I guess I was wrong about that. You are nothing but a jack-. So, I thing that I am just going to go now before things get worse. Oh and since you are such a “gentleman” you will have no problem paying the bill. Good day Mr. Jung, I hope to never have to see you again.”

Hyojoo grabbed her purse and left without a second glance. Taekwoon was a little shocked at her outburst. He was not expecting her to react like that. He did not think he was really being a jack-, he was just speaking his mind like he normally does. He let out a sigh, there was no point in staying any longer and called for the check. After paying, he headed home to call the friend who got him in this mess, ready to give him an ear full for setting him up on this doomed date.

 

“It was horrible Jaehwan,” Hyojoo complained over the phone, “He was a complete jerk!”

She heard Jaehwan sigh over the phone, “Maybe he was jut nervous. My friend said that he was a little shy, maybe his shyness just came off as being cold and rude.”

Rolling her eyes at the stupid response her friend gave her. “He told me that I was stupid to think that the date would in like some fairytale. When all I was trying to do was break the awkwardness and be nice.”

She swore it sounded like Jaehwan mumbled under his breath, “Really Hyung?” but she didn’t comment on that, figuring she was talking to someone else that was with her.

“Hyojoo, I am really sorry that you didn’t have a nice time. I really thought that you would get along, I just knew you guys would fit. Please don’t be mad at me.”

“I’m not mad you Jaehwan, annoyed that I let you talk me into this, but, not really mad because you don’t know him. You didn’t know he would be such an .”

He let out a nervous laugh, “Ha…ha… yeah, I don’t know him…”

“Just promise me, no more blind dates?”

“Deal…Oh Hyojoo, I have to go, I have another call coming through. I will talk to you tomorrow, if not then I will see you at school on Monday.”

“Alright. Night Jaehwan, talk to you later.”

“Night.”

Hyojoo hung up after talking to Jaehwan and went to get ready for bed. She was worn out from that pitiful excuse for a date. She knew it was going to be bad, hoped it wouldn’t be, but it was. She just wanted to crawl under her covers and forget all about Jung Taekwoon. Even if he was incredibly good looking, he was a major jerk.

 

Monday morning rolled around and Hyojoo made her way to school. She was in a much better mood after spending the day with her baby cousins. She had gotten over the failed date and no longer cared about Jung Taekwoon aka “Leo.”

When she arrived at the school she saw Jaehwan in the court yard and he looked like he was searching for someone.

“Jaehwan!”

She ran towards him, shocking him in the process. This was the loudest he had heard her, minus those times she was yelling at him for annoying her. It was also the most hyper he had seen her, mainly this early in the morning. Once she was in front of him, she noticed that he looked very nervous, and was not all that happy to see her.

“What’s wrong?”

“What? N-nothing. Just not used to you being here this early…or loud…or hyper…”

She shrugged, “Yeah well, I had a good day yesterday I baby sat my baby cousins and I guess I am still going off some of their energy. But there is something more going on with you than me just being a little hyper or here early. Now what is it?”

He let out a nervous laugh and looked off to the side, not able to look her in the eye. He was about to say something when another presence came up behind him,

“Jaehwan-ah…”

He turned and Hyojoo was able to get a better look at the new person and she was shocked. They looked at each other with their eyes widened, “You/you!”

Jaehwan flinched as both Hyojoo and Taekwoon yelled, pointing at the other. He wanted to run the second they turned to him, “You know him/her?”

“Ha…ha…yeah, about that…got to go…”

He turned to try and run, but both grabbed him, pulling him to a stop. They dragged him off to a quieter space, ready to demand answers.

“Guys come on now. This is just mean!”

Hyojoo glared at her so called friend, “Mean? No mean is setting me up on a date with a guy you claimed not to know. You told me that he was a friend of a friend that you didn’t know. Why would you lie about knowing him?”

“He told me the same thing about you, and I too want to know why he lied.”

He looked down, playing with his fingers, “Because I do know both of you, and I know that you both would have thought the other was just like me, loud and as Hyojoo likes to put it “out there” and you would never have gone on the date. I just really thought that you would get along and like each other.”

Both Hyojoo and Taekwoon understood his reasoning, because it was kind of true, but they were still mad at him for lying to them.

Taekwoon spoke up, “You still didn’t have to lie Ken.”

Jaehwan flinched at how Taekwoon used his nickname, “If I hadn’t then you never had agreed to the date, no matter how much I annoyed you. If you guys would have just talked and tried to get along then you would have found out that you had a lot in common and how I see it, you two are perfect for each other. But you two wouldn’t know that since you couldn’t make it longer than 10 minutes.”

Hyojoo sighed, “There could have been a number of different options to get us to meet than forcing us on a date.”

“Mainly a date where neither of us wanted to be. It just made things worse since we were forced there.” Taekwoon added.

“Maybe if you hadn’t of lied and actually told us something about the other person, it might have gone better.

Jaehwan looked down again, it was like he was getting scolded by his parents for disappointing them and it really on his part. “I’m sorry. Forgive me?”

He looked up, using his hands to frame his face, giving them a wink and poking out his lips as if to blow a kiss; his signature aegyo pose. Taekwoon and Hyojoo both bonked him on the head, rolling their eyes at him as they walked away from him. They could hear him yelling for them to come back, but they just went on ignoring him.

At a safe distance from Jaehwan, Taekwoon stopped but Hyojoo just kept walking, not paying him any mind.

“Wait…”

His soft voice force her to stop in her place, afraid to turn and look at him, but willing to listen to what he had to say. He let out a sigh and moved so that he was standing next to her,

“I’m, I’m sorry.”

She gave him a sideways glance, trying to read him and turned to face him so that she could look him in the eye. The sincerity in his eyes told her that he was not only apologizing for Jaehwan but also for his behavior at the restaurant. She nodded her head in a sign of acceptance.

“I guess I should apologize too. I shouldn’t have left like that to make you pay for the meal that I didn’t even eat. I can pay you back.”

He shook his head in a very cute manner, “Don’t worry about it. You were right, I was acting like a jack-, you were just trying to make things not so weird.”

Hyojoo smiled at him, giggling slightly and she thought that maybe he was not so bad after all.

“I think that we just started off in a bad way. How about we try again?”

Taekwoon nodded his head again, “Hi, I’m Jung Taekwoon, but people call me Leo.”

She giggled at his silliness, “Hello, I am Han Hyojoo.”

They both were interested to see what could come from this budding relationship.

 

Part two will be up shortly. Please Comment and subscribe, vote if you like! Much Love!