Falling for the P.A (2/3)- Ravi

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

Hi everybody! I'm back! Kind of. I am still healing from my second carpal tunnel surgery that I had 12/31, yeah great way to bring in the New Year, huh? I still have the stiches in but, as long as I don't hit them, I'm good. And I can already tell a difference, which is a good thing! I am going to get to writing more now, and hopefully more often, if my attention span and ideas want to cooperate with me. 

I am sure that you might have notices that this changed from two parts to three. I was not planning it that way, but that is kind of how it worked out. Sorry, but I am hoping that it will not take me too long to get the third and last part out. Then I will get to working on the other requests! Anyway, please comment and subscribe; I hope that you enjoy! Much Love

 

Shin-ae stared at her phone, biting her bottom lip to hold back the smile that was trying to force its way onto her face. On her phone was another cheesy text from the guy that the online dating service had matched her up with. It was a surprise when he first sent her a message four months ago; she had not expected a match that quickly. And it had her questioning the dating service and their credibility in making matches. The two had almost nothing in common except that they were workaholics. Other than that, their personalities were on the complete opposite sides of the spectrum. She had wondered if they had gotten her mixed up with a different Park Shin-ae who was a better fit for the man who calls himself Ravi.

“Tch, Ravi, that is such a stupid name. What the hell is a “Ravi” anyway?”

That was the first though she had when she read his name on his bio, and knew that is was just a nickname, not his birth name. Shin-ae asked him a number of times for his real name, but he denied her each time. And since she refused to call him by that name, she was left with calling him “Mr. Kim;” which in her mind makes it seem like she is talking to someone from work, or one of her old teachers.  But she just straight out refused to call him by that stupid name, so that was her only option left. Unless she called him “” and she had caught herself a few times about to type that in when texting or messaging online; she kind of figured that would not be a good term of endearment for two people still getting to know one another.

Shin-ae blew out a tired breath, pulling her legs up to her chest and placed her chin on her knees. Her eyes ran over the words on her phone once more and this time, could not hold back the smile as she re-read the message.

 

From: Mr. Kim

Good Morning Beautiful. I hope that you slept well and had sweet dreams *grin*. I tried to meet you in my dreams but you would not show *sad face.* Do you hate me now *tear?* I will just have to make you like me again! Have a wonderful day and remember to play nice with other! *Blows kisses*

Love Ravi

 

Shin-ae shook her head, but felt her cheeks blush and her heart flutter as she read the cheesy message. It amazed her that before talking to Ravi, she hated this kind of thing. Thinking that the cheesy and cutesy messages were only for children in school, and even when she was younger she hated them. She just was never one for romantics and fairy tales with happily ever after’s. But after getting so many texts from Ravi just like this one, she found herself kind of growing fond of them…kind of; had it been anyone but Ravi she would probably still hate them. And as much as she hated to admit it, she had come to look forward to receiving such a stupid little “love” text from Ravi every day.

It was these stupid messages, the constant talking/texting, that allowed Ravi to start worm his way past all of the defenses that she had put in place around her heart. He was a persistent thing. Shin-ae found herself thinking about him and if she did not get at least one from him, she worried that something had happened, and though she would never let him know that, she would find a way to scold him about it the next time he did message her. It was hard to admit but her day just did not feel complete anymore if she did not hear from him in some manner at least once.  Honestly, that scared her to realize just how much Ravi was coming to mean to her, yet she could not bring herself to push him away.

Shaking her head of her thoughts, Shin-ae finally responded to his message,

 

To: Mr. Kim,

Good Morning Mr. Kim, I slept just fine thank you. How am I able to meet you in your dreams when I do not even know your real name? How could I possibly find you with just a nickname? So maybe if you tell me your name, your birth name and just maybe we will finally meet, in our dreams or maybe in real life. But no name, no meeting Mr. Kim.

Shin-ae

 

She was surprised at herself for sending such a teasing message to the man. It was so not like her, but only Kim Ravi could bring that side of her out. A side she never even knew she had. But if it got his real name out of him, then she would use whatever trick in the book she had too.

Tossing the phone onto her bed, she got up to begin getting ready for the day. Since talking to Ravi, Shin-ae had been taking extra care of her looks. Before it was just about looking professional with a little style thrown in, but now she wanted to look cute and even a little y when getting dressed because there was that thought in the back of her mind that she never knew when she would possible meet Mr. Ravi Kim in real life. So she took a little longer fixing her hair and doing up her make-up. Her clothes had to be perfect, right down to the color and style of the bra and that she wore. She just wanted to make a good impression on him and hope that she lived up to what he pictured her as so that she would not regret signing up to the dating service and realize that it had all been a waste of time.

Shin-ae stood in front of her closet wearing her crimson red, lace bra and cheeky set trying to determine what she going to wear when suddenly her phone began to ring and she knew by the ring tone that it was Wonshik. She let out an tired sigh, she really did not want to think about work yet at least not until she was actually in the building.

“Yes?”

Sorry to call you early Miss Park. But I received a call from a rep of the Wyatt Corp. and they have to cancel your meeting for this morning. There was an issue that arose in with their scheduling and apparently they had double booked with a couple of different places and wanted to cancel now and then reschedule later when they have everything straightened out. I sent you an e-mail with your updated schedule, plus some notes for the meeting you have later today.

She let out a relived breath; she had not been looking forward to her meeting with the Wyatt Corp. After the longs hours she had been pulling recently and from past experiences with the Wyatt Corp, she had not been excited to see the creepy CEO this morning.

“Thank you Wonshik. I will see go over the e-mail in the car and I will see you when I get to the office.”

Yes Miss Park.” Ravi responded before hanging up the phone.

Shin-ae walked over to her closet and finally pulled out a black, short sleeve, A-live mini-dress and a pair of black over the knee heel boots. The dress was professional enough for work, but the boots added just a dash of appeal that she was looking for. She walked over to her full length mirror to make sure that her hair band was still in place and her bangs straight and how she had styled them. With a last once-over and pleased with her outfit, she grabbed her bag and phone, heading out ready for another day at work.

The car ride to Park Enterprises was spent on her tablet going over the updated schedule as well as the notes Wonshik had sent her. Though her mind was not exactly on going over things for work as she had kept her phone in her lap and kept checking it, hoping to see a notification that Ravi had messaged her back, but there was nothing. She couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed at it, and there was even a small part that began to think that maybe he was tired of her asking for his real name or her attitude in general and that he was just done talking to her. She hated doubting herself and with not a whole lot of experience in the dating field, that was something that happened too much for her liking in these kinds of situations.

The moment Shin-ae walked into her office, it was then her phone went off in notification of a new message; Ravi. A small smile of relief forced its way onto her lips, but it was also at that moment Shin-ae noticed that the second before her phone went off, Wonshik put his down after finishing up a text. Of course it could have been nothing more than pure coincidence, but to Shin-ae, it seemed a little odd, but she decided to not pay it much mind. She did not want to read too much into something that could mean nothing.

“Wonshik, I need to see you in my office please when you get the chance.”

He jumped and looked at her in surprise, he had look of the cat that at the canary. He recovered quickly and gave her a small smile, “Yes, Miss Park.”

Ravi let out a sigh and slumped over in his as soon as she walked in to her office. That was a close one, she almost caught him texting her and he was not ready for that yet. He was really happy that he took the chance of using the dating service to talk to her because he was beginning to see a side of her he was pretty sure was nonexistent. Granted that was rare and only appeared for a slit second, but it was a start.  For Ravi, since beginning this whole “courtship” of his boss, it had made things even harder for him with being around her so much. Before his little crush was under control because he was quickly reminded of how much of a she could be when at work. But now it was different because even though she could still have her mean, and moments, she was a little more playful over their messages and even telling him things about herself that he never would have gotten out of her had she known who he was.

There was a small part of him that felt a little guilty about not telling her right away who he was, but he just did not think that it would go over well with her. He wanted her to be warmed up to him and maybe even have feeling for him so that when they finally meet face to face then maybe she would not freak out too much. He has seen her pissed off and there was no way that he wanted to be on the receiving end of that anger.

 Ravi shook his head and got himself together enough so that he could face her as her PA and not the man she had been matched with through a dating service. He stood from his desk and walked into her office. He found her looking at her cell phone, trying to not grin, but it was obvious that she was failing. Seeing as Ravi had just responded to her text when she was walking in, he was pretty sure that she was reading his reply.

“You wanted to see me Miss Park?”

Shin-ae was so consumed with reading over the response that Ravi had sent her that she did not even noticed that her PA had walked into her office. She jumped and looked up at him, quickly putting her phone away, “Oh, um, yes Wonshik…”

“Miss? What was that? Is everything alright?” He casually asked, trying to not smirk as he knew what she was hiding.

“Oh um, it is nothing, nothing you need to worry about; but anyway, for the reason that I called you in here. The Paris project is getting close to being completed and I need for you to book a flight there and a hotel for a week. Father wants me there to check on things in person and to make sure that things are still running smoothly.”

Ravi  nodded his head as he took notes on his tablet on the things she needed him to, “Is there anywhere specific you want to stay? And will there be anyone joining you so I know how many rooms to book?” He questioned.

Shin-ae thought for a moment, she had been to Paris a few times, for both business and pleasure, and there was not any place that really stood out to her as being better than another. “The Hilton Hotel would be fine I think. I believe it is close to the project area. You know my requirement for hotel rooms. And just one room will be fine.”

Ravi nodded his head, taking down all that she was telling him, and jotting down those requirements, “Alright, so will it just be you going?”

“No, you will be joining me.”

He paused and gave her a confused look, “Us? So I need two rooms?”

Shin-ae shook her head, “No, there is no need for that. Just get the suit with two rooms instead of having to get two separate rooms. It will be easier so we are sure to be on the same floor and close enough so that we can continue working. Having two rooms would just delay things if I had to call you for whatever reason. So just get the two bedroom suite.”

She paused and gave him a teasing smile, feeling a little playful after reading the text from Ravi, “Or are you worried that I might see you ? Though I doubt there is much to really look at. If anything I should be the one worried. Who knows what you do in your spare time or what you might try and do to me. But I am willing to trust you to not be some creep, and will even give you some time alone to let you do whatever erted pastime you might have.”

Ravi glared at her and wanted nothing more that to jump over her desk and strangle her. And then he caught the look. It was not the evil, “I am tearing you down to make you cry” look. She was actually trying to , and make a joke, it just came off as insulting. But at least she was making the effort so that was something right? Maybe this relationship he started with her through the dating site really was making her open up and change, some.

“I’m sure that it would be you Miss that would have the creepy, erted secrets kept hidden until no one is around? It is always quiet, loners that have the strangest hobbies.”

Shin-ae knew that she should probably be offended, and maybe even fire him for speaking to her in that manner, but instead she just let out a small laugh. That was something she admired about Wonshik, he did not fear her and had no trouble letting her know that he didn’t. His lack of fear towards her was probably why he worked out so well as her as her personal assistant, he would not put up with her y, demanding attitude. Anyone else would have quit the first day, but not Wonshik.

“You wish you got to see me at home, see me in my spare time. But that will never happen. Now, go do as I have requested or I will make you work more overtime. I need all of this set up for next week.”

Ravi nodded his head and gave a slight bow that almost seemed to be sarcastic from his body language. He left the room with a roll of his eyes.

Once Shin-ae was sure that Wonshik was gone and not going to come back into her office, she pulled out her phone and opened up the message from Ravi. She had found it strange that her phone alerted her to a new message right after Wonshik had put his phone down from texting. But she refused to read too much into what could be a complete coincidence. It was stupid to admit, but she was a little scared to think that Wonshik could be her Ravi, because then she might have to face the reality it could have all been a sick joke. Or there is the possibility that he did have feelings for her, and she did not really know how she felt about the idea of being with, not only someone from work, but someone who worked under her as her personal assistant.

She shook her head, not willing to go any farther with those thoughts. Her attention was turned back to he phone to read the text.

 

From: Mr. Kim,

Nice try Beautiful, but I will not fall for that so easily. I still do not understand what the big deal is and why you refuse to call me Ravi, everyone else does. Not that it really matters because once we meet in person, you will just be calling me your boyfriend…Okay, that was too greasy even for me. Go back to work now, and remember to behave and be nice to others.

Love Ravi

 

Shin-ae could only shake her head at his text. She did not even know how to reply to that. She hated the fact that he could make her blush with the thought being his girlfriend, and he her boyfriend. It sounded so juvenile to her, like it was something out of a cliché romance movie. Yet, it the thought still sent her heart racing and her face turn a bright red. She might not have much experience in the relationship department, but that does not mean she should turn into a giggling school girl when a guy flirts with her. She was a COO for heaven’s sake.

A frustrated breath escaped her lips, annoyed with herself for having such childish thought and tried to get rid of all evidence of the stupid blush. Hitting the reply button on the screen, she typed in her response to greasy Mr. Kim.

 

To: Mr. Kim

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves now. Who said anything about you being my boyfriend? We will just have to wait and see how things between us work out leading up to the time we meet. Only then is there a chance we figure out the terms and agreement a possibly exclusive relationship, include the titles.

Shin-ae

 

Ravi let out a groan and rolled his eyes reading over Shin-ae’s response. Of course she would turn a romantic relationship into a business deal. She would have to make it sound as there were no emotions involved at all and stick to logical thinking. He was convinced that Shin-ae really did not have a single romantic bone in her body. Why couldn’t she just put her brain on mute and let her heart take control for a little while? Because right now he still felt like her personal assistant or a simple employee and not the man who had been trying to “court” her for the last three months.

 He realized that he still had a long way to go before she completely broke down her walls around him and started to act like Shin-ae and not Miss Park. There was no way that she was ready to know the truth about who he was right now and would willingly accept him. If she were to find out who he was, he did not want to even think about how she might take that news. But there was no way he was going to back down and give up now. He had already came this far, and he would not forfeit unless she decides that she wants nothing more to do with him.

 

From: Mr. Kim

You may come off as uncaring and annoyed, but I know that you actually like me. So the idea of me being your boyfriend is not that farfetched. Just wait and see. Or you could tell me to go screw myself right now and I will never contact you again. It is all your choice.

Love Ravi

 

Shock was not how Shin-ae would describe what she felt when she read what Ravi had to say. He did not seem like the type to just give up if she told him to back off and leave her alone. He came off on that cocky, confident guy who when he wants something he does not back until he got it. But the fact that if she told him enough was enough he would accept it made her realize that there was more to him than the cheesy guy he made himself out to be in the texts and online messaging.

 

To: Mr. Kim

Let’s just see where things take us.

Shin-ae

 

The texting, flirting, and teasing continued until the end of the day and it left Shin-ae feeling happier than she normally would at the end of a work day. She gathered her things and for the first time ever, she was leaving work before nightfall. Granted the sun was already setting, but it was a first for her to not be working until almost midnight.

Ravi was shocked to see Shin-ae leaving before him and was worried that something was wrong.

“Miss, is everything alright? Did something happen? Do I need to take you to the hospital?”

His questions irritated Shin-ae, why did something have to be wrong for her to leave earlier than normal. Scowling, she turning to look at him, arms crossed in a pouting manner and Ravi had to hold back a grin because she looked really adorable like that. An adjective he never thought he would associate with her.

“Everything is fine. We got everything accomplished today that needed to be done. And you know, I just feel like going home early today, there is nothing wrong with that. Going home early one time ever will not hurt anything. You know what Wonshik, why don’t you go home early as well? Finish up whatever it was you were working on, and just head on home.” She stated, adjusting her bag from one arm to the other and shifting her weight from one foot to the other, a habit she had when she was uncomfortable with a situation.

An astonished look graced Ravi’s face at her words. Either he had more of an effect on her with the messaging than he thought or hell had frozen over if she was willing to let him leave after finishing up his work and no piling on 20 other things.

“O-Okay. Thank you Miss Park. I was just trying to get things set for next week and the trip to Paris.”

Her face remained neutral, “Thank you Wonshik. Good night.”

Ravi watched her walk out and had still not recovered from his shock. “Good night…”

Settling back at his desk, Ravi let out a tired breath. Looking at the information for the hotel room in Paris, the only type of room they had left, he was not thrilled at all.

‘Well, seems like my week in Paris is going to get much more interesting with Miss Park Shin-ae.’

 

And just because it never hurts to have some more Ravi in a suit