A Friends Betrayal (1/2)- Ken and Ravi

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

This request is for Hala-bear , I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to get to this request. I started and re-wrote this at least 10 time before I was satisfied with how it was turning out. I am still working on part 2 so it might be a little bit before I get part two up. I really hope that you enjoy, please subscribe and comment letting my know what you think! If you want to find me on Tumblr, I am FlightoftheFantasies and that is where I am posting the re-write of my Leo story of "Getting Over a Break Up." Please enjoy! Much Love!

There is a small warning for slight abuse and language in here.

Hala gave a relaxed sigh as she sunk down onto her sofa, fresh from her shower and in her favorite pair of pajamas. It was the weekend and she was ready to stay in and do nothing. Maybe curl up with a good book or binge watch her favorite shows. It did not matter as long as it did not involve thinking or excessive moving on Hala’s part.

 

*buzz buzz*

 

Hala groaned at the sound of her phone notifying her of a new message. And she had just gotten comfortable too. Grumbling, Hala sat up and reached for her phone on the coffee table,

 

From Ravi:

Get dressed, we are going out. Jaehwan needs cheering up.

 

To Ravi:

He is always cheerful, why would he need cheering up?

 

From Ravi:

EunMi broke up with him. He is taking it pretty hard even though they had not been dating long.

 

Hala knew she shouldn’t be, but she was happy to hear that Ken was single again. Not that she disliked EunMi; Hala just hated the fact that she was dating Jaehwan. Plus, to Hala, EunMi was nice and all, but way too serious for someone like Jaehwan. She did not think that Jaehwan needed to be with someone that was overly serious like EunMi. Yup that was the only reason that Hala did not want EunMi with Jaehwan. And it 100% had nothing to do with the fact that Hala had feelings for Jaehwan.

Shaking her head, she replied to Ravi,

 

To Ravi:

How about you guys come over here? I am too sore from work to go out. So you both head over here and we can have a “sleep over.” Plus being here in a controlled environment will allow us to better control his alcohol intake. Sound good?

 

From Ravi:

Great. I will pack and drag Jaehwan over with me. You order the food and get everything set up. We will be there in an hour.

 

To Ravi:

See you then!

 

Hala pulled herself off her sofa and headed for the kitchen to grab the take out menus. She quickly ordered a wide variety of foods, getting extra because you know… comfort food. After the order was placed, she had about 25 minutes before it arrived, giving her just enough time to run down to the corner market to grab some alcohol and other snacks for the night.

There was an extra pep to her step as she walked to the store. She was beyond excited to see Wonshik and Jaehwan again. It had been nearly a month since they were last able to get together, relax and have fun. All of them had gotten extremely busy with their professional lives that their social lives suffered as a result. Then with Ken dating, most of his free time was spent with EunMi. So overall, Hala was just ready for a weekend with her boys; and not having to change out of her pajamas is an added bonus.

Once she got everything from the corner market, Hala rushed back home in time to meet the delivery guy and get everything set up with just enough time before Ravi and Ken were supposed to show up. She went about picking out a few movies to watch and straightened up some around her apartment. Even though she was excited to see both Wonshik and Jaehwan, she was also dreading the get together slightly, and that was mostly because she knew how Jaehwan was after a break up. He was going to be spending the whole time complaining about EunMi and talking about everything that they did together and why their relationship had been so perfect. She hated having to listen to Jaehwan talk about the girls he dated/broke up with. Did he really not see how it affected her to hear him go on and on about these girls, even after a break up? Was he that oblivious to her feeling for him? She did not really come right out and tell him, but she did not try and hide hr feeling either.

Hala was pulled from her thoughts by the sound of her door bursting open and Wonshik pulling a reluctant Jaehwan into her apartment. She perked up, quickly forgetting about her depressing thoughts and gave them a wide grin, “Hi!”

She squealing and jumped on Ravi, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. Wonshik returned her hug with equal enthusiasm, lifting her feet off of the floor. She broke the hug with Wonshik and moved to hug Jaehwan. Before she could, Jaehwan was moving away from her and dodging her attempt at an embrace. Hala’s smile faltered and she was left standing there awkwardly as he stared at her with a blank look; not even a hint of a smile on his face. She stood back and cleared ,

“H-how are you holding up? Wonshik told me about what happened. Well, he did not tell me everything, but you know I am always here is you want to talk or rant or whatever.”

She did not fully mean that, but she was trying to be a good friend and hated seeing her friend in this state.

Jaehwan grunted in response; saying nothing as he pushed passed Hala and bumped her shoulder causing her to stumble. She would have fallen over had Ravi not caught her in time to steady her. They glanced at Jaehwan then at each other, sharing a concerned look, before turning back to Jaehwan. They watched as he chugged almost a whole beer in one go. Hala could not believe her eyes.

She was expecting him to be in fairly bad shape, but nothing like this. Ken and EunMi had only been together for a short while, 3-4 months tops. They only got together after meeting through a friend of a friend, so they did not even know each other that well. Did he have deeper feeling her EunMi than Hala originally thought? That possibility did not sit too well with her.

Ravi and Hala got themselves situated on the sofa, across from Ken who was sprawled on Hala’s loveseat. She went about passing out the food as Ravi poured them drinks. The “cutie” vocalist seemed to completely ignore the pair as they talked about different topics; catching up from the last time they were able to get together.

As she talked to Ravi, Hala would continuously steal glances in Jaehwan’s direction. There were a few times she caught him looking at her, and it appeared as if he was glaring at her. It confused her on why he would be glaring at her. What had she done to him? This behavior was so unlike the Lee Jaehwan that she knew and loved. It was causing Hala to become more and more worried over her friend. She had to wonder what exactly happened between Jaehwan and EunMi.

She sent a silent message to Ravi using her eyes, urging him to excuse himself to give her and Jaehwan a moment along. That way, maybe she could get to the bottom of Ken’s odd behavior. He was not acting like someone who was just dumped. There had to be more going on with him; for example, she knew that he could hold her alcohol fairly well, but he had already been through 5 beers in the hour since arriving. She needed to get to the bottom of his behavior.

Wonshik nodded in understanding, catching on quickly to her silent message. He knew that she was worried about Jaehwan, he was too. His hyung had not gone into details about his break up, but it was more than that. Recently there had been a change in Jaehwan, a shift in his happy-go-lucky attitude. The older male was quieter, more reserved, and less playful. You know there is something wrong with Lee Jaehwan when Jung Taekwoon was the more talkative one of the two. Wonshik did not have to tell Hala about Jaehwan’s recent behavior, knowing that she would pick up on it right away. And he knew that if anyone could get Ken to talk, it was going to be Hala.

“I’m going to go grab a few more things from the store. Any requests for while I’m out?” Ravi asked, putting on his jacket.

Ken stayed silent and Hala just smiled and shook her no.

Once the rapper was gone, Hala turned to Jaehwan,

“Alright now that we are alone, talk to me.” was all she said.

He took a swig of his drink shrugging, “Nothing to talk about.”

Hala rolled her eyes, “Don’t do that Lee Jaehwan. I know you better than that and I know that there is something more going on with you than dealing with the break up. So do not try to lie to me, I’m not that dumb. Talk to me, please.”

“EunMi broke up with me. We were fighting towards the end. What more do you want me to say?” He said, drinking more beer.

Fed up with his attitude, Hala stood and grabbed the drink from his hand, throwing it away. Before he could get any more alcohol, she took it all and dumped it down the drain. Hala stood in front of Jaehwan with her hands on her hip,

“There! No more alcohol, no more distractions and no more drinks until you finally tell me what the hell is going on with you! What were you and EunMi fighting about that caused you to start acting so differently? Why did she break up with you? And why they hell have you been glaring at me all night? I’m sorry that EunMi broke up with you, but it was not my fault or Wonshik’s and we do not deserve to have you treating us this way!” She yelled at him, voicing his frustration.

But even with a raised voice, she got no kind of reaction from Jaehwan. His face remained completely stoic. Oh but he did roll his eyes at Hala, making her want to smack them right out of his head. He stood up and headed for the door, “Whatever. I did not want to even be here and I’m not going to deal with this or you. You are just annoying me more.”

Hala was shocked and extremely hurt by his words. She grabbed his arm and pulled his to a stop. She felt his body tense up at her touch, but she chose to ignore it. Not wanting to add to the hurt she already felt,

“Jaehwan stop,” she pleaded, “Talk to me and let me help you. I care about you so much Jaehwan. I am here for you and you know that. Please do not shut me out.”

There was something about her words that caused Jaehwan to snap. He jerked around and pushed her back hard enough for her to slam into the wall, the breath knocked out of her. But Jaehwan did not seem to care,

“You want to know why EunMi and I were fighting? You want to know why she broke up with me? It was for the same reason I fought and broke up with all every other ex of mine. YOU! You are the reason for the destruction of my relationships. They all want me to choose, them or you and I always pick you because you are one of my best friends. But I am sick and tired of my relationships failing because I have you in my life!”

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She could not believe what he was saying to her. He was saying that she was the cause of each break up. Why had he never said anything about it before?  And why now?

“J-Jaehwan…I- I’m sorry…”  She was barely able to get the words out through her tears.

Ken was not done though; her tears had no effect on him,

“Do you know what the worst part of it is though? Not that they broke up with me because I was friends with you. No, it is because they each said that you were in love with me. And because you were in love with me you were eventually going to try and break us up anyway. I thought that they were crazy and that is why I always picked you! The EunMi came long and spelled everything out for me, making it blatantly clear what I had been looking past for so many years. She made it clear to me that my ex’s weren’t the crazy ones, I was. For believing that you were not in love with me!”

Hala could not move, she could not say anything.

Jaehwan wanted her to say something, to deny it, but she didn’t. She remained silent and he took her silence as admitting that she was in fact in love with him. For him that was all he needed to come to the conclusion that every woman who broke up with him because of Hala had been right. She was eventually going to try and sabotage his relationships.

“I don’t believe this!”

Ken slammed his fist next to her head, startling her and causing her to jump. Her eyes shut tight, flinching away from him. She had never seen him like this, seen him this pissed off. And she did not know what to say or do to calm him down.

“They were right! You were trying to ruin my relationship! You are happy that all of my relationships fail, aren’t you?!”

Her eyes opened wide in shock, “What? NO! Of course not Jaehwan! I hate seeing you hurt. Yes I love you fine! But I have NEVER done anything thing to try and ruin any of your relationships!”

Hala pushed him away from her, hitting his chest out of anger. Jaehwan too was allowing his anger and the alcohol control his actions and without thinking, slapped Hala with enough strength to send her flying to the floor.

Just then, Ravi came through the door and saw Ken strike Hala,

“What the ?!” he yelled, rushing to Hala’s side to check on her.

Hala was holding onto her stinging cheek, she was crying even harder now. He hit her. She could not believe that he just hit her. She just sat frozen on the floor, staring at him in shock. Even Ken looked surprised by his own actions, but did not have time to say anything more. Ravi stood from his spot next to Hala and grabbed Jaehwan, pushing him towards the door.

“Get out! Get the hell out of here! I don’t know what the is wrong with you, and honestly now I do not care. Don’t even lay your hands on Hala EVER again or I swear I will make you regret coming near her!”

Ravi shoved Ken out the door, causing him to stumble but he was able to catch himself. Before Ken left, he looked at Hala with a dark look but spoke to Wonshik,

“Don’t worry. I want nothing to do with the cold-hearted . I’m done with her ruining my life. Get out while you can Wonshik.”

Ravi slammed the door in Ken’s face, cutting off him off before he could say anymore. He slowly walked back over to Hala, his heart breaking at seeing her in this state. There was nothing that he could say to comfort her, all he was capable of doing was taking her in his arms and holding her while she sobbed. Crying for the loss of her best friend and love.