From Friends to Lovers (2/3)- Ravi and Ken

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

I was not planning on making this into three parts, but it was getting a little too long to just be in two. I hope that you enjoy! Please subscribe and comment!

 

A whole month has passed since Hala’s fight with Jaehwan. One whole month; four weeks, 31 days. We are not going to try and get into the hours, minutes, and seconds because there is just too much math involved with that. Anyway, the point trying to be made is that more time had gone by than Hala would have liked without any form of communication from Jaehwan. And it was both driving her insane and breaking her heart all over again.

Despite still being mad at him for striking her, there was still a part of her that wanted him back in her life. That same part of her was left hoping that he would come back; hoping he would come crawling back and begging for forgiveness. Not that she was completely ready to forgive him yet; she was willing to listen to him none-the-less. She just wanted, needed, her best friend back in her life again.

But he never attempted to make any type of contact with her. Nothing. And as more time passed, Hala started to lose all hope that she would ever be seeing Jaehwan again.

The only comfort she had throughout the month and after the fall out with Jaehwan was Wonshik. He was with her any chance he could get. He was her rock.

“Hey. You okay?”

“Hmm?”

Hala looked up at Wonshik from her resting place on his chest. He stared down at her with a gentle smile, resting his head against the arm of her sofa as she was curled into his side.

“What is going on in that head of yours, huh?”

  Hala snuggled back down, nuzzling against him and curling her fingers into his shirt. Turning her attention back to the movie playing on television, she kept her answer short,

“Nothing really…”

Apparently, her short answer was not good enough for Wonshik as he gently nudged her to get her attention back on him.

“Come on, I know you better than that. Tell me.” He paused for a moment, unsure if he wanted to ask the question that popped into his head, but the need to know the answer won out. “Are you thinking about Jaehwan again?”

Hala took a deep breath, not fully surprised by his question since for the last month her thoughts seemed to focus around a certain vocalist. She felt bad that in the past few weeks, during her time with Ravi, her thoughts would still go to Ken. But this time, that was not the case. She looked back up at him with compete sincerity in her eyes,

“No, I am not thinking about him. I was thinking about you.”

He looked at her with wide eyes, “Me? What about me?”

She smiled softly, “I was thinking about how you have stuck with me. You could have left with Jaehwan and never talk to me again. You could have believed him when he said I was trying to ruin his relationships. You could have left, annoyed at me crying on your shoulder over him. But you didn’t. Thank you for everything you have done for me this last month.”

Wonshik pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms tighter around her waist. He placed a kiss on the top of her head,

“I love you Hala. And I always will.”

Time froze, Hala’s hart felt as if it was going to beat right out of her chest; she could not breathe. D-did he just confess to her? They have said that they love each other before, as friends. But this, this was different. The tone of his voice; the lightness and how sincere he sounded, mixed with how affectionate he was being. Hala was sure that he meant this confession as more than just a friend.

Tears welled up in her eyes, her voice completely lost to her. She pushed away from his embrace and stood up. She needed to create some distance between them; trying to correct her breathing and calm down. Her whole body was shaking; she tried to push back the panic rising in her.

“Hala? What’s wrong? Are you alright? Hala?”

Worry etched in Wonshik’s voice he quickly stood and made to reach for the now fully panicking Hala. She put her hand up to stop him in his tracks, not allowing him anywhere near her.

“No…D-did yo-you just con-confess t-to me? Like an actual con-confession? Not just saying that as a friend?” She asked between her deep gasps.

Even though Wonshik could tell that Hala was not handling the situation well, he also knew that she needed him to be brutally honest with her. If he tried to lie and play off the situation, that would only cause her to start questioning every little detail and moment they spent together. So he just needed to rip off the band-aid and get the whole thing over with. How it ends will all depend on Hala. Taking a deep breath, Wonshik prepared himself to give his response.

“Yes Hala that was my confession to you as more than just a friend.” He stated in a calm and steady voice. “I have loved you for a while now. But I also knew how you felt foe Jaehwan. I was alright with just loving you from afar. Yet, each time Jaehwan announced he was in a relationship, I secretly hoped that you would finally give up on him. I hoped that you would give up on him returning your feelings and take notice on me standing right in front of you. I have been here all along; ready to treat you the way you truly deserve. Even though it was not ideal, I saw the fall out with Jaehwan as my chance to get you to finally see me as a man.”

Hala wiped her eyes and collapsed on the loveseat, staying silent for a moment before giving a weak laugh,

“Oh Wonshik, what a pair we make. This dysfunctional love triangle of a friendship we had. I am sorry for being so blind to your feelings, but you did do a pretty good job at hiding them. However, there is something that you need to know. A confession of my own; and you might want to sit down for this.”

Ravi quickly sat on the sofa facing Hala. Since she had come down from her initial panic of him confessing, she seemed to be handling the conversation better. Though somehow he was starting to wish she was still panicking just slightly. She had turned to calm for his liking. So now it was his turn to feel the panic take over inside of him. It was his turn to try and process information that was bound to change their entire relationship; even more so than the bomb he had dropped.

“Wonshik, Jaehwan was not the only one that I had feeling for. Early on into our friendship, I started to develop feelings for the both of you and those feelings continued to grow over time. The thing is though, I did not know how to handle being in love with two men who also happened to be my best friends. So I threw myself into trying to convince myself I only loved one of you, and that just so happened to be Jaehwan. Only because I originally would have said that he was closer to my ideal type. But you were and very close second…And Wonshik, I have always seen you as a man, I just forced myself into a delusion.”

Ravi was in a state of disbelief. Was this really happened? His brain apparently had a glitch and could not fully comprehend this information. But his brain was able to form one important thought,

“Then why not give up when he said he had a girlfriend? The first time? Or even this last time with EunMi? Why prolong our suffering?”

He had valid questions; questions Hala should have expected when she thought of confession her own secret. Valid as the questions might be does not mean that she wanted to answer any of his questions. Too late to back out now, she had put the secret out there, might as well confess more. Hala let out a sigh,

“I was in too deep with convincing myself that I only had feelings for Jaehwan that I could not bring myself to let him go. I was also too scared to let myself admit to having feelings for you as well. Besides, loving more than one man is still looked down upon and somewhat taboo on how one proceeds with those feelings. Plus I had put in too much effort with Jaehwan to just give up so easily.”

Wonshik was stunned silent. Hala had told him that she loved him as well. She had loved him while also loving Jaehwan. He was thrilled, elated, and also a little pissed off. He could understand her reasoning and fear for admitting to loving two men. But she has still unintentionally put him through the same kind of hell that Jaehwan put her through.

Back on the positive side, Hala loved him! Not just as a friend but as a man!

Overcome by the joy of knowing that Hala loved him, Wonshik let his emotions take control and threw himself on her. He pinned her arms above her head on the cushions with half of their bodies in an awkward position hanging off the loveseat.

“Won…!”

Wonshik silenced what he figured was going to be a protest of his actions by crashing his lips to hers. Hala gasped in surprise and Ravi took the opportunity to slip his tongue between her lips. Shock faded quickly and she was melting into his kiss.

He pulled away much too soon for Hala’s liking, causing her to whimper in response.

Wonshik rested his forehead against hers, smiling down at her with a loving gaze,

“You are mine now Hala. No more denying it or trying to convince yourself you love another. You are mine and I am yours.”

A huge grin spread across Hala’s face, “I’m yours and you are mine.”

 

The following weeks were complete bliss for Wonshik and Hala. They were now able to freely express their feelings for one another and not have a worry in the world. And the more time that Hala spent with Wonshik, being in a relationship, the more her feelings for Jaehwan slowly died away. Though she figured that they would never fully go away and even Wonshik had accepted that Jaehwan would always have a place in Hala’s heart. And when the other members of VIXX found out about them FINALLY dating, they were all thrilled. Well, all except for one of them.

Jaehwan was furious when he found out about the new couple. How could she just move one to another guy, one of his best friends no less, after having confessed to loving him?! And how could Ravi do this after listening to him for a month going on and on about nothing about Hala? He knew how Jaehwan felt about her and yet he still went ahead and started to date her!

To hell with the both of them, he thought, as he flung himself on his bed, burying his face in his pillow to let out a long groan. He was tired of thinking about Hala; he had severed all ties with her. And he was happy about that…or at least that is what he tried to convince himself to believe.

“Hahaha…..Wonshik, stop it! Behave!”

Jaehwan sat up so quickly he nearly gave himself whiplash. That voice! It was Hala, with Wonshik. What in the world were they doing here? No one was supposed to be at the dorm today! And she sure as hell should not be here with him!

He shot up off his bed and rushed into the living room where he found them on the sofa with Ravi hovering over top Hala. His face was buried in her neck, and by the sounds of her giggles and how she wiggled against the rapper, it did not take Jaehwan long to figure out what he was doing.

“What the is going on here? Why the hell are you two here?”

Ravi quickly got off of Hala and stood, staring at their unwanted guest,

“What the Jaehwan?! I thought you would be out with the others!”

Jaehwan crossed his arms and glared at Ravi, “I didn’t have anything to do. Again I ask what the hell are you two doing here. She should not be here.”

Hala sat on the sofa, looking back and forth between the two males. The hostility felt between them sizzled in the air. She was almost scared that they might start a physical fight and she would not be able to stop it. She had no idea what to do; she was completely powerless in this situation.

“Hala can be here because I want her to be here! You are not the only one who lives here, Jaehwan! The others are fine with Hala being here. So just because you have some issues to work out does not mean that you can take your problems out on Hala. You already did that once and see where that got you?”

“Shut up! You son of a…” Jaehwan exclaimed in anger, making a move to attack Ravi.

“Stop it!” Hala screamed as she stood between them. “Both of you just stop it! This is crazy. We used to be best friends and now we are acting like enemies. Jaehwan, I know you hate me because of what happened with EunMi, but you cannot go on treating Wonshik this way. He is your group mate and friend. Hate me all you want, but I will not allow you to behave in this manner towards Wonshik any longer!”

She gave him a stern look; arms crossed and spoke as though she was scolding a child. But Jaehwan did not back down. He walked closer to Hala until he was right in front of her, staring her down and their noses almost touched.

“Do you want to know what my real problem is? EunMi had nothing to do with this anymore. She just helped make everything clear. My problem is the fact that I have spent the last month confessing my deepest thoughts and feelings to Ravi. And yet, while knowing how I felt about you, he still went ahead and asked you out!”

Hala was flabbergasted. She wanted to just slap Jaehwan right then.

“So because you hate me, you want Wonshik to walk away from our friendship as well? Leaving me without either of you? How could you be so cold?!”

“I don’t hate you!” Jaehwan shouted.

“Then what? Why else would you not want Wonshik to date me?!” Hala hollered back.

Hala was frozen, Jaehwan grabbed her by the shoulders and pressed his lips against hers. Nothing too harsh, but not completely innocent either. She knew that she should push him away. Ravi, her boyfriend, was standing right there behind her. Hala placed her hands on his chest in an effort to push Jaehwan off her. But instead of pushing him away, her body did the complete opposite of what her brain said; she curled her fingers in his shirt, deepening the kiss.

Biting, , teeth clashing; a gasp fell from her lips, allowing Jaehwan the chance to force his tongue passed her lips. Meeting with hers, their tongues danced around for dominance with Jaehwan being the winner. Her arms wound around his neck, pressing her body completely against him as his hands rand down to grasp her .

Both were too lost in their embrace to remember that they were not alone in the room. Ravi cleared his throat loudly, causing Hala and Jaehwan jump apart in surprise. Hala turned around to face Ravi and her eyes quickly welled with tears. Regret filled her body, overpowering the lust that Ken had ignited.

“W-Wonshik…” Her bottom lip trembled, biting back the sob that threatened to escape.

Ravi just stood there silently with his arms crossed; enjoying the look of fear and almost shame that crossed their faces. He tried to keep a straight face, but failed. A large smile broke out on his lips, arms flying up in the air,

“ing finally! God it is about damn time you two!”

Jaehwan and Hala looked at each other and then back at Wonshik, confusion written all over their faces.

“What?” was all either of them could say.

Wonshik laughed,

“I said it was about time. This last month, knowing both of you were miserable without the other, I knew I had to do something. Jaehwan, I was well aware that you were going to be here today, so I decided to use it to my advantage, using this time with just the three of us alone to put my plan into action. Knowing how Jaehwan truly felt for Hala and knowing that Hala was still in love with Jaehwan, I decided that do something that would push Jaehwan’s buttons just right that he pushed his pride aside. The thing I knew would push him over the edge the most was learning that Hala and I were dating.”

This time Hala did not even try to fight back the tears. There was no masking the hurt she felt from Ravi’s words.

“D-did you just date me because you knew Jaehwan liked me? Was everything you said about loving me a lie to get your plan to work?”

Ravi realized his mistake in his wording. He should have been clearer with explaining his intentions to them. He moved so quick, Hala had no chance to react. He gathered in his arms and held tight. Smoothing her hair in a calming manner.

“No! Hala, absolutely not. I would not lie to you about how I feel for you. My love is genuine and deeper than just a friend’s love. But I know that you still love Jaehwan and I am fine with that. That was part of the reason for me doing this like I said. We worked so well together, our bond stronger than just friendship. If I could not be with you and love you, I know that Jaehwan is the man I would want you to be with. But you said it yourself; you love both of us equally but was worried because of the taboo notion of three people being in a relationship together.”

He pulled away just enough to wipe away her tears and look her in the eye, “I do not care about what others think. I love you, and I am willing to share your love with Jaehwan. I think that we can make this work. In fact I know we can. But only if you and Jaehwan agree to this relationship.”

Once more, Wonshik left them shocked and speechless. The idea of the three of them being in a relationship together was one that is difficult to wrap their minds around. Polygamy is such a taboo idea and not completely legal, but that is only if marriage is involved. But still…

Could they actually make a relationship like that work? Would someone’s heart get broken in the end? What would the others think of their arrangement? Was it really any of their business? But what would happen if the truth of their relationship got out? It could be detrimental to Ken and Ravi’s careers.

There were just too many questions, too much of a risk to take. But it just might be a risk that Hala is willing to take to be with the men that she loves. Right?

Hala turned to look at Jaehwan, needing his answer before she made up her mind,

“Jaehwan? What do you think?” She questioned him.

Jaehwan took a deep, calming breath before answering, “I…”