The Hearts Hesitation -Leo ft. Ken

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

I am really sorry for how long it has taken me to update. There is just a lot going on in my life right now, both good and bad. I recenly lost my grandfather, my great uncle is not doing well at all and they are not giving him much longer. The positive side is I had a job interview to work at a preschool with 2 year olds that I am really hoping I get and if I do get it, school starts back soon so I will have to start getting ready for that. But also, I have just been in a writing slump, with no real motivation to write even if I have some ideas; and also kind of questioning my future here on AFF. I'm just kind of in a grey area right now. Sorry, I really am. But I am going to try and get out of the grey area so I don't take as long to update. 

All of that aside, this was requested by Inn_STARLIGHT . I hope that you enjoy it, sorry for any mistakes I might have missed in editing. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, also subscribe and upvote if you like! Much love! 

 

“Again?”

“I’m sorry Inna.”

Inna gave a depressed sigh. She was not really surprised that he was the one that showed up in his place; had hoped he wouldn’t anyway. This had been going on for so long that she had come to expect it and accepted the fact that he would be the one to show up instead of him. Every time they made plans together, he would say that he would be there, but instead was a no show and Inna still did not understand why she got her hopes up that he would keep his word. But no, instead he would send one of his friends in his place for one of their dates. He could not even make the effort to try and be there, even if he was the one to set it up.

Looking at the man in front of her, Inna forced a smile that did not reach her eyes.

“It is alright Jaehwan; I am used to it by now. She shall we get going? The movie starts soon.”

She wrapped her arms around his and pulled him in the direction of the theater. Jaehwan did not put up a fight and allowed her to pull him along, just following close to her and remained silent. He hated seeing that rejected look in her eyes and had to wonder if her boyfriend realized just how much he was hurting her. Realized how much she hurt by having someone else come in his place for their dates. That she must be questioning if he even cared for her at all. Did he not thing about how must feel, what she must think when he does this?

‘I am so sorry Inna.’ Jaehwan thought, ‘You should not have to be used to this sort of treatment. Ever. I promise to do everything in my power to make you happy….And Jung Taekwoon, I do not care if you are like a brother to me, my band mate. If you continue to treat Inna this way, I will confess to her and steal her away from you.’

 

A few weeks later, Jaehwan was exiting the bathroom, whistling a random happy tune. There was an extra spring in his step as he failed to conceal his excitement. He was finishing up getting ready, preparing to go meet up with Inna, and just the thought alone of seeing Inna again was enough to get him in a good mood. He walked into the living area where the other members currently were, watching television. Hongbin noticed him slipping on his shoes and looked at him confused.

“Hyung? Where are you going?” The “artwork” asked.

Jaehwan did not even turn to look at him as he responded, “Going to meet with Inna. We are going to go hang out at the mall for a while, she is going to help me look for some new clothes. Then don’t know what we are going to do.”

Taekwoon’s head shot up to look in the direction of the other vocalists, “Inna? Did we have a date planned?”

The elder vocalists questioned as he pulled out his phone to look and see f he and Inna had any plans made to meet up that day. But there was nothing at all. He was completely free. His gaze returned to Jaehwan, looking even more confused.

“Nope.” The third eldest answered, “Inna and I made these plans to hang out together. I knew we had this day off and when I told her, she suggested we spend it together.”

Taekwoon had a baffled look on his face, “When did you talk to Inna? And why wouldn’t she make plans with me if she knew we were free?”

Jaehwan did not even fight back the urge to roll his eyes and looked right at Inna’s “boyfriend”, “She probably figured that if she tried you would just send me anyway. I have to go or I will be late. And I will not let Inna think that I have her up like someone else does.”

With that said, he turned and left the dorm to go meet up with Inna. Once the door shut, four heads slowly turned to look at the second oldest member to gauge his reaction. But he held his normal, stoic expression and continued to watch television. It appeared as if he was unfazed by Jaehwan’s announcement. Hakyeon let out an annoyed sigh, and stood from the sofa, heading into the kitchen.

“I told you Taekwoon. I told you that this would happen. But did you listen to me? No, and now while you are here, Ken and Inna are out on a date.” The leader spoke.

“What are you talking about Hakyeon? They are not on a date, he said so himself. They are just friends and hanging out together. Nothing wrong with that.”

Hyuk slapped his hand against his forehead, not believing that the older male could be so dense. “You cannot be serious Hyung. Can you honestly sit there and tell us you believe that Ken-Hyung and Inna-Noona are just friends? Have you not seen the change in him in the past few weeks? Acting like a man in love? And think carefully, when was the last time Inna-Noona made plans with you? Yet any free time we have, Ken Hyung is either talking, texting, or with Noona.”

The rapper of the group, who had remained silent up until this point, final added his two cents, “Hyuk has a point Hyung. You can’t say that those two haven’t gotten closer as of late. Did you really expect this to not happen? I mean you constantly send Ken in your place for your dates with Noona. How could you think that they wouldn’t gain any kind of feelings for each other?”

He was left speechless as his friends words echoed in his head. Was Taekwoon really that naïve to think that nothing would come from Jaehwan and Inna spending time together, on dates? He thought that by sending Jaehwan, it would be better than just cancelling their date altogether. Perhaps he was mistaken. Or maybe the guys were the ones reading too much into the situation with Ken and Inna.

  Standing from the sofa, Taekwoon walked over to the door and slipped on a pair of shoes. He just left without a word to the group. He was not sure where he was going, he just needed to get out of the dorm and clear his head. No longer able to stand his friends putting thoughts into his head. Thoughts that seemed to build and double on their own after he left.

As he walked around, his mind became blank. The singer did not want to think about what his band mates had to say about his girlfriend and a man who he thought to be a friend. A part of him feared that they might be right. And he did not want to believe that it could be possible. There was no way that one of his best friends would try and steal his girlfriend right from under his nose. Right?

 

Alright, he was wrong. He was completely, 100%, without a doubt, wrong. Taekwoon and somehow managed to wonder to the mall. There he found Inna and Ken together. Smiling, laughing, playfully touching each other. At one point Ken even had his arm around Inna, and it did not appear as if she cared. Their actions spoke louder than just a simple friendship and caused him to finally question if there really was more to their so-called “friendship.”

The now jealous boyfriend continued to follow them around the mall, hiding to make sure he was not caught. But even if he was caught, he would not care at all. He had to find out if it was true; did Inna and Jaehwan have a secret relationship going on behind his back?

He got his answer at lunch. From his secluded area in the restaurant, he could see just how much more there was to their “friendship.” He saw how Inna would feed Jaehwan and how Jaehwan would tenderly wipe food from Inna’s mouth. So tender, loving. He saw the looks that passed between the two; the glances that took when the other was not looking. Taekwoon could not remember the last time he and Inna were like that with one another. If ever.

Sitting there now, the silent man realized that he had been so wrong, about everything. By sending Ken in his place for dates with Inn, he was practically pushing her into another man’s arms. A man who was supposed to be one of his best friends. But Taekwoon now saw that he had no one to blame but himself. It was his entire fault. If he had just went on the dates and not send Ken, then maybe this would not have happened. If he had just put in half of the effort that she had, the she was not be turning to another for the affection she was not getting with him. And maybe if he was a more open with her in public then that would be him over there with Inna and not Jaehwan. A sigh escaped his lips as he stood from the table and left. He could not sit there any longer and watch his girlfriend falling in love with another man.

 

Movement and the sound of someone leaving caught Inna’s attention. She turned to the direction of the door and froze in her movements. Jaehwan quickly took notice of her change in behavior.

“What’s wrong?” He questioned, following her gaze and trying to determine what shocked her so much.

She shook her head and turned back to him, faking a smile, “Nothing, just thought I saw…Never mind.”

“No, what is it? Tell me.” He pushed.

Inna blew out a breath, looking down at the food. The smile fell from her face and her mood slightly darker than it originally had been. Jaehwan was confused how she could have gone from happy to…guilty? He was worried about the shift and reached over to take her hand in his own.

“Inna?”

The feel of his hand over hers did not help the guilt growing in the pit of her stomach. Slowly pulling her hand away from his, she placed it in her lap and began twisting at the napkin that had been placed there before the meal. She kept her eyes anywhere, focusing in on anything she could to keep from looking at the man in front of her.

“I, I thought I saw Taekwoon.” Her voice came out so soft that he barely caught was she had said.

But he heard her none-the-less. And now it was his turn to sigh, running a hand through his hair. He hated that she still felt guilt over them hanging out together. This was no different than them being together when Taekwoon does is a no show on date. At least in his mind that’s how it was; she obviously saw things differently.

“Inna, we are not doing anything wrong. I swear this to you.”

Brown orbs shot up to meet his, narrowed slightly with a furrowed brow, “Aren’t we though? I mean it is one thing to go on “dates” when he is the one to not show and send you instead. But it is something entirely different when we are making plans together behind his back! And this! This is wrong because it is not just two friends hanging out and you know it. We might not say it out loud, but you cannot deny that there is more between us. Emotions going a little deeper than simple friendship.”

Ken groaned, rubbing a hand over his face as he realizes the seriousness of the situation and not just her nerves getting the better of her once more. He knew to some degree that she was right, just hated to see what it was doing to her and how conflicted she must feel. But in his mind, he was just trying to be there for her as a friend, nothing more. But he could not help that the more he was with her the more his feeling grew for her; it took all of his control to keep his feelings under control. However, if she was going to be the one to bring up the topic, he was not going to avoid it.

“You’re right Inna. I do care for you and I know that you care for me too, in ways different than what you do for Taekwoon. I may not know how deep your feeling go but I know mine. But neither of us as ever acted on whatever feelings we may have for the other. So what is so wrong with us spending time together?”

Jaehwan spoke with just as much seriousness in his voice as she did, meaning he knew that now was no time to be joking. Lee Jaehwan being serious is something that Inna never thought that she would ever experience. But at the moment, it was not the time to dwell or be surprised.

“What’s wrong is that I still have a boyfriend. A boyfriend who happened to be one of your friends and a band mate.”

The vocalist sat back in his seat and crossed his arms, staring her dead in the eye, “And said boyfriend is also the reason we are in this current predicament, correct? Because he never made the effort, never tried to make dates set or spend any time with you; only to send me in his place. Inna, there is no denying or defending him when it comes to the fact that Taekwoon Hyung as not been treating you like you deserve. I know there are times you say “Oh, I’m used to it.” But damn it Inna, there are just some things that you should not have to get used to. And how he treats you is defiantly one of those things.”

He moved chairs so that is was sitting next to her and took her hand once more, “The time we have spent together, whether because I was a replacement or otherwise, has been amazing. When I said I care about you and know how deep my feelings for you go, I mean that I care for you more than just a friend. I love you Jang Inna.”

Her breath caught in . She was not expecting him to say that. Of course she knew he felt something for her, just as she felt something for him. What she felt, she was not entirely sure. But love? Could his feelings really be that strong? How long had he felt this way towards her? There were a few questions that ran through her head that she refused to even acknowledge; not brave enough to go down that path.

Panic coursed through her; eyes widened, breath hitched and she could feel her whole body begin to shake. She could not deal with this; not here and not now. No, just no. Inna jerked away from Jaehwan and out of her chair, moving so quick she nearly knocked it over. She pulled out some money and tossed it on the table to pay for her meal and rushed out of the restaurant.

Her male companion stared at her with a puzzled expression. He figured that she would be a little shocked, but this was more of a reaction than he was expecting. Shaking from his befuddlement, Jaehwan stood and called after her; ignoring all the leers he was receiving from the other patrons of the restaurant. Pulling out his wallet, he threw more money on the table to pay for everything and then took off after her.

Somehow, Inna had managed to get farther away from him than he thought she would. Jaehwan took off in a sprint to try and catch up to her. Luckily for him, his legs were longer than hers and that made it easier to reach in before to could get even farther. Once he was close enough, he made quick work of grabbing her by the arm and pulling her around to face him.

“Inna why did you run away from me?” The hurt and confusion evident in his voice as he spoke.

Jerking away from his touch, her glare returned, replacing the panic. “Why? You want to question why I ran? I have a boyfriend Jaehwan! And you go and tell me you love me! You cannot just go around saying things like that and, and…Just NO!”

She took a few deep breaths to try and calm down before for spoke again, “I cannot deal with this right now. I don’t know what to say to you, or what you want me to say. But right now, I just can’t. I have to go. Good-bye Jaehwan.”

Inna left him standing discombobulated and unable to replay. She took the first cab that she could and was gone. Well, that was defiantly not how he wanted the confession to go and that was not how he thought she would respond.

 

The second Inna was through her front door, she collapsed onto her sofa. Her body seemed to shut down as her mind continued to race. So many thoughts and questions ran across her brain, she was unable to focus in on just one. But there was one thought that the more it repeated in her head, the louder it became.

Jaehwan loved her. Lee Jaehwan loved her. VIXX’s main vocalist Ken loved her.

The question was, however, how did she feel about him? Of course Inna felt something towards him, she was just unsure of how deep those feelings were. She was conflicted between the growing feelings she had for Jaehwan and what she felt for Taekwoon, her actual boyfriend. Then again, considering Taekwoon’s behavior towards her and him being the reason she is now questioning her emotions, maybe she should reconsider if her still deserved the title of “boyfriend.”

“Argh!”

Taking a throw pillow, Inna covered her face in hopes of smothering the thoughts into silence. It was in that moment, her phone decided to go off. Earning a groan of annoyance from the girl near temper tantrum. She flopped about like a child, and got her phone from her bag that had fallen on the floor next to her. There was just one simple text from the one person, okay maybe second person, she least wanted to speak to at the moment. And all it said:

“We need to talk. Tonight.”

No, no we don’t.’ She thought to herself and was half tempted to send that as a response, but didn’t. As much as she did not want to see Taekwoon at the moment, maybe talking to him and finally seeing him for the first time in, she had forgotten in how long, that could help her in figuring out what she felt.

 

To: Taekwoon

Fine, be at my place by 8. And if not, then whatever; don’t bother coming at all.

 

She realized that it sounded a little harsh when she reread the text, though in that moment that was how she felt. Also, a part of her was doubting that he would actually show. Especially taking into consideration that he barely shows up for anything when she is involved. That thought alone ticked her off and made her just want to lay into him the moment she saw him. It also made her want to punch Jaehwan for making her finally acknowledge the fact that Taekwoon was not acting as a boyfriend nor acting as if she meant anything at all to him.

 Inna ran a hand through her hair, releasing a sigh. The tension in her body from everything was causing her next to tense up and a dull throb to form at her temple. If she was going to be confronting Taekwoon after everything with Jaehwan, then she needed to relax. Going in to a conversation with her “boyfriend” was just going to be adding more stress and tension, no need to be adding it on to what she was already experiencing. And so she saw a long hot bath in her very near future to help elevate some of the tension.

Taking a glance up at her clock on the wall and seeing that it was just two in the afternoon, which left plenty of time for a long soak in a hot bath with aroma therapeutic candles. And food, she needed food since she did not really eat at lunch with Jaehwan. 

Sometime later, long enough that Inna’s skin now wrinkled from basically falling asleep in the bath, Inna found herself curled up in the corner of her sofa with a bowl of ramen and watching a random drama she found on television. She was just trying to remain relaxed and not allow her thoughts wonder to the day’s earlier events. After the bath, she had gone on full shutdown mode, not even her mind was functioning in any manner. Just completely blank and still; running on autopilot enough to eat and drink. The girl was brought out of her daze by a pounding on her door followed by a voice calling out to her,

“Inna, open up. We need to talk.”

Her eyes moved from the door to the clock. It was just 5:30 and Taekwoon was already at her door. Well that had not been planned for. Inna had been pretty sure that he would not show at all and here he was, early. Surprise.

“Inna! I know you are in there, open up.”

She said nothing as she stood from the sofa and made her way to the door. Opening it, she just moved to the side and let him in, still remaining silent. She did not even spare him a second glance and made her way back over to her spot and the sofa and curled back up in her ball.

“Inna…”

“You said we needed to talk, so talk.”

Taekwoon was startled by her aloof behavior; her usually bright and cheerful personality seemed to have taken a backseat and was replaced by this new person he did not recognize. He shook his head to clear himself of the shock and refocus his attention of the reason behind this visit. He took a deep breath and stared into her dark chocolate orbs,

“Inna, is there something going on between you and Jaehwan?” His voice stern and she could tell he was trying to hold himself back and remain composed.

 “Wow, not even going to beat around the bush huh? Just getting straight to the point? No pleasantries and maybe ask what’s new or how I have been since it has been so long since we last saw or spoke to one another? Alright then. No Taekwoon, there is nothing going on between Jaehwan and I. We are just friends.”

He rolled his eyes at her, “Oh don’t give me that bull. I had asked in hoped that you would be honest with me. Give you a chance to come clean, but if you want to go about it this way then fine. I saw you two at the mall and at the restaurant. Him with his arm around you, feeding each other, even holding hands, and secretly staring at the other. I saw every touch, heard every little giggle. So do not try and tell me that you are just friends when I saw he evidence of truth with my own two eyes.”

The heated look Taekwoon and the anger evident in his voice caused her to flinch back deeper into the corner of the sofa. She pulled her knees up to her chest, her heart pounding in her chest and she tried to make herself as small as she felt in that moment. So he had been there, it had been him that she saw and not someone who looked like him. She felt horrible, how could she possibly explain what he had seen, because she knew from the outside how it looked. And in some ways, it was exactly what it looked like.

“Taekwoon…” Inna whispered in a soft tone.

Her gaze moved off of him to stare off into space. She had no idea how to respond to him, what to say.  How sad was it that for the first time in far too long, they were finally in the same room together and it was building to a fight. Not how she imagined their next meeting.

Taekwoon hardened his glare, even though seeing her in that moment, looking so small and nearly broken made him just want to pull her into his arms. But his anger won out over his need to comfort her.

“Answer me Inna. Is there something more going on between you and Jaehwan? I will not ask again.”

She closed her eyes and let out a sigh, “Yes and no.”

Inna involuntary flinched as he slammed his hand against the wall, cursing, “What kind of answer it that?!”

“It’s the best I can give!” Inna yelled at him, causing him to jump slightly at her outburst. She was never one for confrontations of any kind and always tried to keep her head in those types of situations.

Knowing how she was when it came to arguing cooled some of his anger, and he collapsed next to her on the couch. He rubbed both hands down his face, releasing a long sigh before just staring down at the floor. He did not know what else to say or to do. Once the anger was drained, his mind went blank.

Inna sat there staring at him, waiting for him to say or do something else. However it appeared as if he was just going to sit there, so she decided to speak,

“That is the best answer I can give you because I am not fully sure myself. I’m not going to lie to you Taekwoon, I care for Jaehwan, more than just a friend. Every time he would be the one to show for our dates, I don’t know, things changed from being simply two friends hanging out. We treated them as actual dates, because that’s what they were supposed to be. In the process, I began to develop stronger feelings for him. I cannot say how strong because I do not really know, and I am just really confused and then at lunch Jaehwan he…”

She stopped herself, not sure if she should finish that sentence or not. It would probably be a bad idea to do so; Taekwoon just calmed and mentioning that Jaehwan had confessed to her might not be the best idea.

“He what Inna?” He sounded almost defeated, making her feel even guiltier about everything.

In a soft voice, “He told me the he loved me. And that I should be with him instead of you, that he would treat me better than you. He said that I did not deserve to be treated in the way you have treated me. Being ignored, ditched, sending a replacement on our dates. Honestly Taekwoon, it is not even like we are dating. ”

The look he gave her broke her heart. He did not look angry, he looked broken and even though she was mad at him for him behavior towards her, she wanted to pull him into her arms and comfort him. But she only sat there watching him, anticipating his next move.

The last of the anger he was holding on to diminished completely in that moment. Without the anger that was his driving force to get him to confront her, he did not know what to feel. She was right, so was Jaehwan. He would treat Inna better, love her right, and maybe she should be with him. But he just could not let her go; he did not want to let her go.

“I am so sorry Inna. I am just so sorry. Jaehwan is right; I haven’t been treating you right as of late. I should not have been sending Jaehwan on all of our dates like I did, I should have talked to you more, made an effort to at least talk to you on the phone. I don’t know why I did what I did. Well, at first, when I would have a last minute practice or schedule when we were meant to have a date, I didn’t want to cancel on you, and I thought that maybe it would be better to have Jaehwan go with you, because I didn’t want you to be alone or for you to get upset and I figured that Ken would be the best one to keep you from being upset. And I don’t know when, but at some point I just thought that if it worked then why change anything. It was just easier to send Jaehwan, even when I was not even that busy.”

Taekwoon turned to face Inna and took her smaller hands into his larger ones. He stared her right in the eye, “I do love you Inna and I know I have not shown you lately that, but I do. As much as I do not want to lose you, I understand if you do want to break up because I have been as a boyfriend. You do deserve better, so much better than how I have treated you. But before please give me one chance to make it right. I am not asking for your forgiveness right now, but I am asking for a chance to make it right.”

Inna’s body tensed, jaw tensed as she refrained from grabbing a pillow and beating him with it while cussing him out. But then she listened to what he had to say for an apology and her vision blurred with unshed tears. It did not really change anything or make it all better, but that didn’t mean she could not be affected by his words. Her heart pounded in her chest at his words; nearly begging her to just forgive him and hug him, never letting go. But the logical part of her would not allow her to do so. It was going to take a lot more than a few choice words before she allowed herself to accept his apology, and even more so, accept him again.

Pulling away from Taekwoon, Inna wiped her face to try and rid herself of any tears that may have fallen. She could see the tortured look on his face as a result of her pulling away and remaining silent. She was attempting to gather her thoughts enough in order to try and figure out what she wanted. Taking a deep breath, Inna turned to face him once more,

“How can I trust you again? How can I be sure that if we try and fix this relationship something like this won’t happen all over again? Or how do I know that instead of sending someone else on our dates, you just won’t show up at all and stop calling and texting altogether. Your words prove nothing to me, that are just that, words. And recently, your actions haven’t been very promising either. I don’t want to lose you either Taekwoon, but I don’t want to be hurt again by you either. I need a real reason to trust you again and prove to me that this relationship is worth it.”

She had to time to react as Taekwoon grabbed her by her face, leaning forward to capture her lips in a fiery passionate kiss. She was frozen in shock, but soon melted into him, her legs lowered from in front of her and her arms wound around his neck. With her knees no longer in the way, Taekwoon was able to wrap a hand around the back of her neck and force her closer to him so that she was nearly straddling his lap. His other arm went around her waist, holding her body pressed against his.

A small moan escaped her lips into the kiss as she felt his tongue trace her bottom lip, asking for entrance. Inna granted him all control, too lost in his kiss. This was what she wanted, what she missed; being in his arms and him kissing her with so much passion that she forgot her name.

He pulled back slowly once the need to breath became over powered his want to continue kissing her. Taekwoon stared down at her, taking in the sight of her swollen lips, flushed face, and her chest rising and falling faster than normal to catch her breath with her eyes still closed. She looked so beautiful to him in that moment, and he felt himself swell with pride in knowing he was the one to bring her to such a state.

“Inna, please let me make this right.” His voice deeper than normal as his spoke, the hand around the back of her neck moving back to her cheek as his thumb traced her smooth skin.

Hazy, brown orbs stared back at him as Inna came down from the high of his kiss. She could see the hope in his eyes, along with the pain and regret. Just from the look in his eyes, she realized that he really did want to correct his mistakes and work towards building a stronger relationship. She pushed away from him, just enough so that it was easier for him. As she moved away slightly, any hope he may have felt was crushed and he broke eye contact with her. He was sure that she was going to tell him that it was all over and was going to go to Jaehwan and live out a happy ever after.

Inna cupped his face and made him look at her, gazing into his eyes before she spoke,

“I am not saying that all is forgiven and that I trust you again. But I do want to make this work. So, please do not make me regret giving you a second chance. And know that if you do manage to gain my forgiveness and trust once again the second you do something to tear it down, it is all over. Understood.”

One of the largest grins she had ever seen him have grew on his face. Taekwoon practically wrapped his body around hers, falling backwards on the sofa with her on top of him. Laughter filled the room as he could not hold back how happy he felt that she was not throwing him away. His laugh was infectious and Inna could not help herself from laughing along with him. Laying on top of him, and running her hands through his hair, Inna felt extremely happy in that moment. Even if nothing had really been solved, and there was a lot to work on; she was feeling optimistic. Optimistic that they would be able to go back to how they used to be, but only stronger for having learned and were better for going through such a low point in their relationship.

However, that happiness faded slightly, “Jaehwan…”

All laughter stopped. A small voice in the back of Taekwoon’s head told him that he should be made that she just called another man’s name. Though, in this instance that voice was quickly shut down when he caught on to what she was thinking without her having to vocalize her thoughts.

Earlier that day, Jaehwan had confessed his feelings for Inna, and she had even admitting to feeling something for him. That right there was a-whole-nother issue that they needed to work out. An issues that should be tackled before they try to cover all other issues in their relationship. Because of Jaehwan’s role in the couple’s relationship, it would be very difficult to move into the future without crossing that bridge.

He forced her to lay down on him completely, her head resting in the crook of his neck. He placed a light kiss on her forehead, “Don’t worry, it will all work itself out.”

 

“Jaehwan, can I talk to you a moment please?” Taekwoon called to the other vocalist and guided him into one of the bedrooms, shutting the door behind him.

Jaehwan walked to the opposite side of the room, standing next to the window and stared at the older male who was leaning against the close door, arms crossed. They remained in silence, much as it had been between the two for the last two days every since Jaehwan and Inna had their “date” and Taekwoon had his “confrontation” with Inna. Neither of them really spoke to the other, making it very uncomfortable for the other members as whenever they were in the same room together, there was a stare down between the two males. Much as they were doing at the moment; remaining silent and sizing the other up in attempt to make them back down first.

Finally, Jaehwan could not take any more and released a sigh, “So did you and Inna finally break up?”

Taekwoon was not even surprised by his question; in fact he was expecting it. Considering all that had happened and took place between the three of them. Most would assume that after learning of the talk Taekwoon and Inna had, it would have ended in a split of a couple. And he figured that Jaehwan was actually hopeful that that was the result.

The dark hair male released a sigh of frustration, running a hand through his hair. He did not know how to break the news to the younger man. Because he knew that no matter how he told him, he would be hurt and angry. Taking a deep before speaking

 “No Jaehwan, we did not break up. Actually, we are going to try and make it work.” He spoke calmly, hoping that it kept the other calm as well. Did not work out that way.

“What?! Make it work?! After everything you have done to her, just like that everything is fine and all is forgiven. Everyone is happy right? That is complete bull .” His voice echoing throughout the room, and Taekwoon was sure that the other members had heard him and were not standing outside the door, eavesdropping.

“I did not say that everything was fine, and nothing has been forgiven. Honestly, right now, no one is happy. I’m hurting, Inna’s hurting, and I am guessing that right now, you are hurting too.”

“Damn right I’m hurt,” Jaehwan yelled, “I love Inna. I have for a long time and I would treat her so much better than you have. Love her the way she deserves; cherish her.”

A knock on the bedroom door halted Taekwoon from responding, not that he had a comeback for that, because in some ways he was right.

“Taekwoon, Jaehwan, let me in. Please.”

Inna’s soft voice was heard on the other side of the door. Jaehwan turned away; not able to look at her as she came into the room. He felt hurt and even betrayed; and in some ways he felt as if she had just been leading him on the whole time. Through, rationalizing it out, she had never really given him any reason to believe that they were going to be more than friends. Not even telling him straight out that her feeling ran deeper than friendship, just that she did feel something a little more for him and that could mean a number of things. Just in that moment, he did not want to think rationally.

As he was turned away from the couple, he missed the silent conversation they had between one another. Inna was nervous about speaking to Jaehwan again. But Taekwoon had managed to convince her that it was for the best and had to be done; so reluctantly she agreed. Now she was back to doubting that it was a smart thing to do. He was not taking it well, and she could not blame him. But she did not want to lose him as a friend; she cared too much about him to lose him.

Slowly, Inna walked up to him and placed a soft hand on his arm, “Jaehwan…”

He quickly jerked away from her, moving farther away so that she could not touch him again, “Don’t. This is bull and you know it Inna. He has treated you like you mean nothing to him for way too long and you are just going to forgive him?”

“I have not forgiven him yet!” She shouted at him, feeling frustrated, “I have not forgiven him, but I also have not decided to end it. I can’t end it yet. I’m sorry Jaehwan, but I love Taekwoon. I love you too, but not in the same way. I think I might have been falling for you in a more romantic way, but I could not let myself get that far when I am still with Taekwoon and have invested too much into a relationship with him to end it without trying to see if it can be rebuilt to what it once was. I hope you can understand.”

Taekwoon stood back, letting Inna talk it out with Jaehwan and was only there to step in if he was needed. It hurt him to see one of his best friends and girlfriend hurting for struggling with their feeling for one another. And it was mostly his fault. If he would just let her go, they would be together. He wanted to be selfish though, he wanted to hang on to her, because he did still love her, deeply and it was time that he stepped up and proved that he did.

Jaehwan could only shake his head, “I’m sorry, but I don’t understand. Whatever, it does not matter now. You have made your choice and the damage is done. Have a nice life.”

Storming passed Taekwoon and out the door. Both were left there staring at the door and flinched when they heard the front door slam shut. Inna could not handle the wave of emotions that hit her and collapsed to the floor, crying. Taekwoon rushed to her side gathering into his arms.

“Shh, it will be alright.” He whispered into her hair, her back in attempt to sooth her.

“How will it be alright?! He hates us and this could cause so many problems for you working together. We should just break up and leave it at that; so that you will not hate each other anymore.”

Taekwoon grabbed her and forced her to look at him, “Listen here, there is no need for us to break us. I swear to you, I will not let affect VIXX. Everything will work themselves out Inna. We will work everything out and in the end be stronger than ever. As for Jaehwan, give him time and he will come around, just like us, he needs time to heal. I love you, Jang Inna.”

A small smile graced her lips, one of her hands raised up to rest on his cheek, “I love you too Jung Taekwoon. Just need some time.”

It was not a happily ever after, but it was a starting place. Too many people had been hurt and each needed time to heal and deal moving on from the hurt. Perhaps in time all will be right, but there is a long road ahead of all three to heal and become stronger and learn from what they have been through. And only then will a happy ending truly be possible.