But It's My Birthday!- Leo

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

Here is a Leo request for _BabyJae . I made this as a somewhat sequel to the first request you had “The Joys of Jealousy,” so that is referenced here.  For anyone who has not read “Joys of Jealousy” might want to read that first before reading this one. I hope that you enjoy it and please feel free to a request if you have one. Please comment and Subscribe! Much Love!

Sorry for taking longer than I thought it would. Things at work and at home started to pick up and get a little crazy for Thanksgiving, and now we have Christmas coming up. Just a lot in a short period of time. Plus I have started helping out in the 4 year old class, and might be taking a position as a teacher for ‘Wonderful Wednesday’ class with 2-5 year olds. But I am just counting down the days until Dec. 21st which will be the start of a 2 week Christmas break. So hopefully I will be able to write more because I have ideas just not able to find the time.

Anyway please enjoy, comment and leave a request if you have one! And if you would like to check out my Tumblr where I have reposted a few things over there, editing some of them, my tumblr is FlightoftheFantasies. It is mostly VIXX, but there is also quite a bit of Tom Hiddleston and WWE/Dean Ambrose. Feel free to come talk to me over there too! Much love!

Sunghee let out a long sigh as she relaxed into the warm bath, breathing in the soothing scent of the lavender bath oils the aromatherapy candles she had lit in the bathroom. All the stress seemed to melt away from her body the deeper she sank into the water. The heat of the water soothing her aching muscles and easing the tension. Her whole body hurt, even in places she had never hurt before and it was all because of work. Two weeks straight of photo shoots that seemed to last for hours on end had really taken its toll of Sunghee, both physically and mentally.

With this being the height of idol comebacks before the end of the year, that meant image teasers. The studio that Sunghee works for had been hired by different entertainment companies to bring to life the concept ideas for the teasers. Sunghee had seen so many idol groups come into the studio the last two weeks they had all started to blur together. She was not sure she would be able to tell one from the other. She was just thankful that VIXX had not been in the mix of idol groups she had to work with during those weeks. Even if the last photo shoot with VIXX had helped Sunghee’s relationship with her boyfriend Jung Taekwoon by leaps and bounds. She just did not want to go through that ever again.

Sunghee could not help the smile that formed on her pink lips at the thought of Taekwoon and just how much their relationship had improved. Since that fateful photo shoot a year ago, Taekwoon and Sunghee now had a proper relationship together. One where they talked to each other, was open and honest, and touched one another; holding hands, hugging, cuddling, and yes even . No longer were they so painfully awkward that no one would have believed that they were a couple. It helped that Taekwoon got increasingly better at showing affection and expressing his emotions towards Sunghee; mainly when he got jealous, not that Sunghee minded when he got jealous or possessive. She found it rather adorable.

 Overall, Sunghee was extremely happy in her relationship with Taekwoon. But that did not mean that she would ever want to go through working a photo shoot with him. Once was more than enough.

“Sunghee! Sunghee where are you?!”

Taekwoon’s voice broke through the quiet apartment, signaling his return “home.” They did not live together, but Taekwoon spent most of his nights at her place than at the dorm with the other members. Unless they had an early schedule.

“I’m in the bath. I will be out in a few minutes.”

She called back to him, not ready to get out of her relaxing bath just yet. Apparently, Taekwoon did not want to wait for her to get out in the living room, or even in the bedroom. He came into the bathroom in only his jeans that were hanging low on his hips. Sunghee bit her lip at the sight of his toned chest and abs, he knew how good looking he was but acted completely clueless and bashful when complimented. Sometimes she wanted to smack him for that. But at the moment, she wanted to smack that stupid, dazzling smile from his face when she realized that he caught her staring a little too long at his chest and abs.

She looked up at him and smiled, “Hi.”

“Hi. This is a nice sight to come home too.”

Her smile widened at hearing him call her apartment “home.”

“It is nice to have you home to see this sight. I didn’t think you would be here tonight with the showcase, album release, and comeback stages so close together. I figured you would have to stay at the dorm. Or am I getting my days mixed up again and don’t know what day it is?”

Taekwoon kissed her on her forehead and sat down on the floor next to the bath tub. He played with some of the bubbles she had in the bath and Sunghee knew that he was; one) actually amused by the bubbles, and two) trying to see her body that was hidden from him by the bubbles. She only rolled her eyes at him and let him do what he wanted.

He shyly looked at her, “I just wanted to spend tonight with my girlfriend. Is that wrong?”

She reached up and pinched his cheek, “You are adorable. Do you know that? But there is nothing wrong with that. So what do you want to do tonight? Our normal cuddling on the couch and watching television? Because I am super tired and hurting everywhere, I don’t think I am up for anything more than that.”

Taekwoon look down, discouraged and almost hurt. He did not know if she was pretending to have forgotten and messing with him or if she really had no clue about what special meaning the day had to Taekwoon. He had come home hoping that she would have something planned for them, even if it was just a dinner at home. He just wanted his girlfriend to acknowledge and wish him a happy birthday.

“Taekwoon?”

He stood from the floor and walked out of the bathroom without another word, leaving a very confused girlfriend behind. He made his way back to the living room, putting his shirt back on and plopped down on the sofa, arms folded and pouting. As he was sitting there pouting and waiting for Sunghee, Taekwoon took a look around the apartment, trying to find a hit of something that could give away a surprise or present that Sunghee might have for him.

But all he saw was clothes thrown all over the place, dishes piled up along with takeout boxes. He had never seen the place so messy and it surprised him. Sunghee was a very neat person, liked to keep things cleaned and organized. Mostly because she hated cleaning and did everything she could to keep from having to do too much of it at once. So this was a surprised and made him question what had made Sunghee let the place get this messy.

Taekwoon did not have long to contemplate before he heard Sunghee exit the bathroom and go into the bedroom to get dressed. That sparked the idea that maybe she was going to surprise him by calling out to him to come into the bedroom where he would find her sprawled out on the bed in y new lingerie. That thought alone got him excited and caused his pants to become slightly uncomfortable. But his excitement quickly died when Sunghee walked out of the bedroom where a pair of plaid pajama bottoms and a tank top. She still looked beautiful to him, but not what he was expecting or hoping for.

He let out a sigh and fell back against the sofa, pouting once more. Sunghee sat down next to him; knees folded under her and faced him.

“What’s wrong?” She questioned.

“Nothing.”

“Do not tell me nothing, Taekwoon. There is obviously something wrong, you are sitting here pouting. Now tell me what is wrong with you?”

He turned his head and stared at her. Taekwoon could tell that she genially had no idea why he would be upset and that only made him feel worse because that meant that she really had forgotten. But he just could not believe that she had forgotten his birthday.

“Are you messing with me? Please tell me that you are messing with me and this is going to be one big joke.”

This just confused Sunghee even more, “Why would I be messing with you? What is this about?”

Taekwoon pushed himself off of the sofa, glaring down at Sunghee, “You have got to be kidding me! This is not funny Sunghee!”

“I’m not trying to be funny Taekwoon. I honestly have no idea why you are upset right now. And I don’t really want to deal with it. I am tired, I hurt; I just want to cuddle with my boyfriend and relax. Please.”

He narrowed his eyes, “And I wanted to go out and celebrate my birthday with my girlfriend! Is that too much to ask?”

“What are you talking about Taekwoon? Today is not your birthday, I would remember if it was. Your birthday is not until November 10th and today is…”

Sunghee grabbed her phone off of the table to look at the date and was shocked. There is bold letters and neon light, the date clear as day, ‘November 10th.’ She suddenly felt horrible; how could she have actually forgotten her boyfriend’s birthday?

“Taekwoon…I’m so sorry. I can’t believe….I am sorry.”

He crossed his arms and stomped his foot, “How could you have forgotten? We were just talking about it a few days ago.”

She ran a hand through her wet hair, “I know. I guess I got so overwhelmed with work that it slipped my mind. I did not even know what day today was. I am so sorry Taekwoon. But, I will make it up to you I swear! Let me go change and get ready and we can go out now! Go anywhere you like and I will pay for everything!”

She stood from the sofa and began to walk to her bedroom, mumbling to herself, “I also need to stop and get him a birthday present…”

“You didn’t even get me anything?!”

Sunghee cringed, he was not supposed to hear that. Slowly she turned to him with a guilty look on her face, “I forgot. I was going to and then something would come up at the studio and I would get distracted with that and forget to go get your present. Sorry. But I swear I can make this up to you. We will go out and…”

“Forget it! Tonight is ruined!” He stomped his foot and clenched his fists by his side. It would be adorable if he was not yelling at his girlfriend.

 “My birthday is ruined all thanks to you! I cannot believe that you forgot! What kind of girlfriend are you? And you try and blame your work, but what do you actually do? How difficult could your work actually be? Are you up at all hours practicing? Recording? Preparing for comebacks, showcases, concerts? Going to schedules nonstop and losing sleep? Huh? You might not work completely normal hours Sunghee, but your schedule is not nearly as crazy as mine and I haven’t forgotten anything when it comes to you. And at least I do not flirt with the people I work with. You are a horrible girlfriend Sunghee.”

Taekwoon stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door behind him. The force caused the pictures on the wall to shake, the sound reverberating around the room. Sunghee sunk down into an armchair, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. She was in shock that Taekwoon could be so cruel and say such hurtful things to her, putting her and her career down. She knew she was in the wrong for forgetting that today was his birthday; but that did not mean that he could speak to her in such a manner. It just was not fair, right?

She sat there for a few minutes before wiping her eyes and standing from the chair. Thinking on it, she thought that maybe he had somewhat of a point. His schedule was busier than her own, working longer, crazier hours than she did. And even with that, he still never forgot anything where Sunghee was concerned. Might not always be able to make a date they had planned, but he always told her ahead of time and would make it up to her. So why couldn’t she remember this one day for him?

Sunghee wiped her face dry of the tears and stood from the chair. She took a few deep breaths to collect herself before grabbing her phone to call the one person she knew would be able to help her in her plan to make up to Taekwoon for forgetting his birthday.

“Hello, Hakyeon? I need your help…”

 

It was a few days before Sunghee and the other members of VIXX could put their plan into action to throw Taekwoon a surprise party. They understood how she could have forgotten and were a little upset at how Taekwoon reacted. It surprised them that he was not more understanding since he knew just how much Sunghee worked, and how busy she was with her career. It bothered them all even more that in the last few days, Taekwoon had made no effort in trying to contact Sunghee which they could tell was affecting both of them. So VIXX was going to make it their job to force Sunghee and Taekwoon to talk and make up if they had too.

Sunghee was in charge of getting everything together; decoration, cooking and wrapping the presents. She spent the whole day cooking all of his favorite food, and baking his cake and wrapping the numerous gifts that she had brought for him. She knew that she had gone a little over board, but she shopped when she was upset and add that with the guilt she felt; it just spelt disaster for her bank account.

And while she was doing all of that at VIXX’s dorm, the guys had Leo out, much against his will, and doing everything they could to keep him out of the dorm until it was time to go back for the party. They had even roped their manager into helping them, which was not that difficult to do since he was tired of a grouchy Leo and everyone walking on eggshells around him.

It was getting closer to time for the guys to arrive back to the dorm with Taekwoon and Sunghee felt like she was going to be sick from her nerves. She was almost ready to just leave everything and bolt. After going a few days without talking to or seeing her boyfriend since he blew up at her for forgetting his birthday, the poor girl did not know what to expect his reaction to be seeing her standing in the middle of the dorm he shared with the other members of VIXX. Half of her was hoping for a happy welcoming, but mostly she was just hoping that he did no blow up at her again.

The girl fiddled with her dress, smoothing it out to get rid of and wrinkles or dust. She constantly checked to make sure that her hair and make-up was still perfect and everything was just right. Sunghee did not think that she had been this nervous seeing Taekwoon since they had first started dating and were still awkward. But she was; she was extremely nervous because she did not know what to expect from Taekwoon and she was still hurting from his words shouted in anger.

Just thinking about it, had her moving from the spot she was standing in the kitchen and heading to gather up her bag and leave. Only she was not quite quick enough.

Sunghee froze in her spot, still holding the cake and listened as the door was unlocked. Slowly moving from her spot, she stepped into sight. The first one to enter was Taekwoon who froze when he saw her.

“Sunghee…”

Uncertainty was written all over her face with a forced, awkward smile. She could tell that he was surprised, just did not know what surprised him more. The party or her being there?

“Happy Birthday, Taekwoon…Surprise?”

Taekwoon walked up to her and took the cake from her and walked away. Sunghee felt her heart drop, her head hanging low in rejection. She tried to fight back the tears that welled up in her but it just hurt so bad that he was still so angry at her that he would just ignore her like that, only focusing on the cake. Which she doubted he would eat if he knew she made it; then again he loved food so he just might eat everything no matter who made it.

The silent man placed the cake down on the kitchen before walking back to the living room area. He saw Sunghee with her head down and trying to hide the tears in her eyes. His heart broke seeing her like that and knowing that it was his fault that she was upset. He regretted everything that he said to her and how he behaved the following morning once the anger went away. But he just could not bring himself to call her, too ashamed of his actions to face her so soon. He also figured she would be too pissed off at him to want to see him after the way he acted. So it was shocking that she now stood in the dorm, throwing him a birthday party.

Now that she was here, he was going to take full advantage of it. Taekwoon rushed over to Sunghee and pulled her into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her as if he was trying to wrap his whole body around hers. His face buried into the crook of her neck, nuzzling the exposed skin and inhaling her scent. The female tensed in his embrace then slowly relaxed, wrapping her arms around his waist. She snuggled into his chest, a content sigh falling from her lips.

“I’m sorry...I am so, so sorry Sunghee. I should not have said those things, none of it was true. You work very hard and I had no right to put down your career or anything you do because I was mad and upset. Please forgive me.”

A small sniffle was heard in response, more tears threatened to fall from her eyes. “Only if you can forgive me for forgetting your birthday. I really did not mean to.”

Taekwoon kissed the crown of her head, “I know. I know how crazy your job can get, just as crazy as mine during comebacks, honestly it was bound to happen and I am surprised I wasn’t the one to forget something first. You know how forgetful I am. All is forgiven.”

He bent down and gently pressed his lips to hers, neither caring that they had witnesses to their exchange. They were just ready to move forward and make up for the last few days of not seeing or speaking to one another.

Their reunion kiss did not last long as the other boys of VIXX began to tease the couple.

“Oh I love you Taekwoon!” Ken shrill voice echoed through dorm.

“I love you too Sunghee!” Ravi replied, imitating Taekwoon’s voice.

The made kissy facing at each other as the others made cooing sounds. Their laughed abruptly stopped when Taekwoon pulled away from Sunghee to glare at his friends. Before they could react, he ran at them causing them to scatter. He grabbed the first one he could, who happened to be Jaehwan and got him on the ground in a head lock.

“NOO! Save me! Help! I’m sorry Hyung! I didn’t mean it! Someone help me.”

The others were too scared to help, knowing that if they got close enough they would soon be in Jaehwan’s position. Sunghee giggled at their antics, feeling better than she had when she first arrived at the dorm. She stood there watching Taekwoon torturing poor Jaehwan but knew that she would have to be the one to break it up.

“Taekwoon. Stop hurting poor Jaehwan and let’s eat before things get too cold. Plus you have candles to blow out, a cake to cut, and presents to unwrap. Come on.”

Without a word Leo released Ken and stood, going over to Sunghee and taking her in his arms once more. And she stayed there for much of the party. Right in his arms, happy and content.

Later at night, Sunghee and Taekwoon had the living room to themselves as the other members went off to do their own thing and give the couple privacy to talk. Taekwoon was sitting with his back against the arm and to sofa and Sunghee sitting between his legs. She was reclined against him, eyes closed and a small smile playing on her lips.

Taekwoon was staring down at her, taking in her appearance. She had dark circles under her eyes that she tried to hid with make-up, which worried him because that meant she had not been sleeping well. Her face looked a little thinner, not unhealthy, but he was used to her cheeks being just a little fuller. It had him questioning if she had not been eating properly. But what worried him the most were the bruises that covered her legs.

How had he not noticed them before? What could have happened to her to cause those bruises? Where they from work?

“Sunghee?”

“Hmm?”

Taekwoon took a moment before he spoke, “How did you get all of these bruises? Are they from work? Did someone hurt you?”

Sunghee opened her eyes, turning her head to stare up at her boyfriend, seeing the concern in his eyes, “Yes to them being from work. No to someone hurting me, at least not directly. Some of them are just from bumping into some of the equipment. And then others are just from making sure that the shots turned out perfect. They are normal’ I get them all the time. It is just that there is more this time because there were more photo shoots in a short period of time.”

He still did not like that answer, but it was better than finding out that someone had hurt her. “Is that also why you look like you have lost some weight and have dark circles under your eyes?”

Sunghee shrugged her shoulders, turning away from him, “I guess. I am eating if that is what you were getting at. Well, trying to eat. Sometimes I would get home so late that I was just too tired and too sore to eat anything, so I would just go straight to bed, unless it was a night that you were over. But I would eat a bigger breakfast in the morning. But running around so much at work, I burned a lot of what I ate off. As for the dark circles, I have just been running a little low on energy and the past couple of days have not been that easy. Nothing to worry about Taekwoon. I promise.”

Taekwoon let out a sigh. How could he have not seen the changes in her recently? She was not a horrible girlfriend, he was the horrible boyfriend. She was trying so hard to take care of him and have a successful career that she was neglecting herself.

He tilted her head up, ducking down and forcefully capturing her lips in a heated kiss. She released a small whimper into the kiss, reaching a hand up to cup his cheek. Nipping his bottom lip, Sunghee turned her body to press up against him more, losing herself in his kiss. Taekwoon grasped her hips, and pulled her to straddle him.

He broke from her lips to stare lustfully into her eyes, “This party was a perfect way to make up for my birthday, thank you Sunghee. But now it is time for me to make something up to you?”

Cocking her head to the side, she looked confused, “What would you have to make up to me?”

A quick peck to her lips, Taekwoon smiled, “I need to make up being a horrible boyfriend to you. You are not the horrible one in this relationship Sunghee, I am. I have been neglecting you and not noticing just how much you are running yourself into the ground between work and caring for me. Now it is time for me to care for you, and redeem myself for the horrible things that I said. So we are going to leave all of this here for the guys to clean up and going to go back home. I am going to run you a warm bath, and before bed to make sure you are perfectly relaxed, a massage.”

A light blush crossed her cheeks at the mention of a massage. A massage usually lead to something a little more X rated. Sunghee shyly met his intense gaze, “Would you join me in the bath?”

“Well it is my birthday, a few days late or not, I am not going to pass up the opportunity to touching your very , very wet body.”

Sunghee’s eyes darkened with lust at the unspoken promise his words brought. “Let’s go. I want birthday/make up .”

She quickly stood and tried to pull him out the door. He chuckled slightly, “But it is my birthday.”

Looking him dead in the eye, Sunghee smirked, “And when has that meant we both don’t enjoy birthday ? Besides you did say you have to make it up to me for being a “horrible” boyfriend. Wouldn’t want to go back on your word now, would you? But if you don’t want birthday , I guess that also means no birthday .”

Taekwoon growled at her, “Let’s go. It’s my birthday and I want birthday .”

She could only laugh in excitement as he pulled her from the dorm and raced home. At least when she is too sore and too tired to move in the morning it will be for a better reason than work. Maybe she should forget things more often if this will be the end result.