Tell Me I was Dreaming- Leo

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

A Leo one-shot for gummyday I hope that you like it! Honestly, I was a little confused with where to take this, but I hope that it is what you wanted, and I really hope that you like it. Please comment and subscribe, vote if you like! Enjoy and Much Love!

 

Taekwoon stared out the window of the coffee shop that he was sitting in, observing all the people that passed by. He was particularly interested in all the couples; watching how they smiled and laughed at one another or just simply holding onto the others hand, just enjoying being with the other person. It was a sweet sight to behold, but it was also one that made him sick to his stomach.

He knew that he was just torturing himself by seeing all of these happy couples together when he himself was struggling to come to terms with his own feelings. He looked down into his now empty cup of coffee and let out a sigh, his thoughts turning to the one girl causing him so much trouble, so much confusion. Cha Gureum.

Taekwoon had a strange relationship with Gureum, one that neither of them could fully understand. He loved her, he knew he did, but he just was not ready to take that next step and make her his. He just could not bring himself to say the words, to tell you that he did love her. Instead, he pushed her away making her think that he felt nothing at all. It killed him to do so, seeing the hurt and broken look in her eyes when he ignores her and acts like he does not care.

He stood from his spot from the table, leaving a tip for the waitress and gathered his things, ready to leave and head back to the practice room. Taekwoon hoped that by being around the other members and focusing on practice would help in taking his mind off of the things going on with Gureum.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, signaling a new text message,

 

From: Gureum

Taekwoon, can we please meet up later. It is important. Please.

 

He stared at the text, going back and forth in his head of whether or not he should agree to meet her or not. A part of him said yes but there was another part of him that told him that it would be better for him to not go, to break off all ties completely. Then a flash of Gureum with tears in her eyes after the last time he gave her the cold shoulder and acted cold towards her came to his mind, causing his heart to constrict. He knew that he was going to have to face her sooner or later, and he knew that if he was going to break all ties with her, it would be better to do so now and not string her along any more. Or he was going to have to step up and straighten out his emotions and finally confess to Gureum how he really feels. Taking a deep breath he replied to her text…

 

To: Gureum

Okay, But I cannot tonight, practice. Tomorrow, I promise, we will meet up and talk.

 

Sent. He let out a shaky breath, he needed to get his feelings straightened out and fast because tomorrow he either confessed or broke her heart.

 

Gureum sniffed and wiped the tears from her eyes reading over Taekwoon’s message. She did not know exactly why she was crying. She was both happy and sad; happy that Taekwoon was finally answering her, but sad because she figured that it was just because he was tired of her constantly trying to get him to spend time with her and he was ready to tell her to leave him alone. She curled up in her bed, clutching her chest as it was getting harder to breath. Her heart was beating faster than normal, faster than what is should be. She could feel herself shaking and her body getting weaker.

A knock came to her door, “Honey, it is time to take your medication…Gureum? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, just tired.”

“Then why are you crying?”

“I’m going to meet up with Taekwoon tomorrow and I’m just worried.

“It will be alright I promise Gureum. Just finish taking your medication and then go on to sleep.”

She nodded her head, and soon her thoughts turning to Taekwoon, ‘Please don’t leave me Taekwoon…I need you…”

 

 

To: Gureum

Meet me at the park. I’ll be waiting by the playground.

 

Taekwoon let out a breath and smiled, he had spent the whole night thinking over his feelings for Gureum and was sure of how he really felt. He felt confident and knew that there was no backing out this time. His heart felt light and he almost felt like he could bust from how happy he was; he was going to finally have Gureum as his and only his.

He sat on a bench near the playground at the park and waited for Gureum to show up. His legs kept bouncing as excitement ran through him and he was almost positive that he would not even give her the chance to speak before he attacked her. He was almost worried that he would scare her because he knew that he was not acting like he normal self, but he did not care, all he cared about was finally telling Gureum that he loved her.

“Taekwoon!”

He smiled as he saw Gureum running towards him, his breath catching in his throat. She looked absolutely beautiful. She wore a pure white sleeveless mini dress with black heels. The dress made her look taller than what she was. Her hair flowed down her back and her makeup light and only enhanced her beauty. She looked like an angel running towards him and he could not stop himself from standing from the bench and running towards her, catching her in his arms.

He swung her around, earning as laugh from her as she wrapped her arms around his neck tight.

“Well, that was unexpected.”Gureum spoke once he put her down, still smiling.

Taekwoon gave her a sweet smile, one that caused his eyes to turn into crescents and makes her heart melt. “I’m sorry Gureum.”

She cocked her head to the side, “Sorry for what? Spinning me around?”

He shook his head, “No, I’m sorry for how I have been acting recently, for acting so cold towards you.”

He took her hands and guided her to the park bench and made her sit down, but not letting go of her hands. She looked at him, but said nothing. She wanted to know what he had to say; his actions of when he saw her might say one thing, but what he verbally says might be something completely different so she just sat there holding her breath and waiting.

Taekwoon looked her in the eye and could see the worry there and it hurt him to know that a part of her was thinking that this was really the end of them. He realized then just how bad he hurt her by pushing her away and he hated that.

“I am so sorry for pushing you away and ignoring you. I was scared honestly.”

“Scared of what?”

“You.”

Gureum’s eyes widened in shock, “Me?”

“I’m not good with expressing my emotions, talking about how I feel and I was scared that because I am not that expressive with my emotion’s I would hurt you. I was scared that if I confessed how I felt about you but was not able to show you just how much I do love you, you would leave me. So I pushed you away, I was not ready to deal with everything.”

She played with his fingers, biting her bottom lip, “What made you change your mind about talking to me?”

He cupped her cheek and made her look at him, “Because I realized that it would be better for both of us instead of dragging it out any farther. Listen, Gureum, last night I thought about it a lot, barely slept. I’m tired of being cold to you and pushing you away. It hurts me just as much as it does you, because I hate the heartbroken look in your eyes when I am cold to you. So what I am trying to say is, I love you Choi Gureum.”

A large smile broke out on Gureum’s face at Taekwoon’s confession, “I love you too Jung Taekwoon, so much.”

He gave her the biggest grin she had ever seen him make as he pulled her into his arms and held her close to his chest.

“I promise to do my best to always let you know and show you that I love you. There will never be a day where you doubt that ever again.”

Gureum leaned back enough to look Taekwoon in the face, bringing one of her hands up to cup his face, “Thank You Taekwoon. It makes me so happy to hear you finally say that you love me. I just wish that I could hear you say it every day, to be able to experience your love every day.”

It was Taekwoon’s turn to look confused, “What do you mean Gureum?”

All she did was smile. She ran her thumb over his cheek, feeling her heart swell as he leaned into her touch.

“I love you Taekwoon, remember that, always.”

“Gureum?”

There was a buzzing noise that took Taekwoon’s attention away from the girl in his arms as he looked around for the source of the noise.

 

Taekwoon jerked away by the sound of his phone buzzing on his bedside table. He looked around confused. It was a dream, his confession to Gureum was all a dream, but it felt so real. He shook his head and realized that his phone was still ringing.

“Hello?”

“Is that Jung Taekwoon?”

He rubbed his eye, trying to get the sleep out, “Yes. Who is this?”

He heard what sounded like a muffled sob on the other side of the phone, “This is Choi Gureum’s mother…”

The phone fell from his hands as Gureum’s mother gave him the news. Tears fell from her eyes and he did nothing the try and stop them, letting out an agonized cry, clutching his comforter.

 

Taekwoon knelt in front of the grave reading the writing on the stone.

“In Loving Memory

Choi Gureum

Daughter, Sister, Friend

She will be missed”

Tears once more fell from and he did not bother wiping them away when more would just fall in their place. He was doubled over, wanting to scream out. She was gone, the girl he loved was gone and he was not able to tell her. He waited too long and now he would never have the chance to tell her just how much he loved her.

He felt a hand being placed on his shoulder and turned to see Gureum’s mother kneeling beside him giving him a sad smile. “She loved you.”

“I know. I loved her too but I never told her, I was scared too. I was scared that she would leave me, and she has. Now I will never be able to let her know just how much I cared about her.”

“I’m sure that she knows Taekwoon.”

He looked at her, tears still in his eyes, “Why didn’t she ever tell me she was sick?”

The mother let out a sigh, “Gureum was born with a heart defect. She had to have three different surgeries on her heart by the time she was three. The doctors said that that would be it; she would be fine after that. She would always have to take mediation and be careful to not do too strenuous activities, but other than that, she would have a normal life. Then when she was ten, she began to experience heart problems again and she has had to go through two different heart transplants. Recently, the doctors realized that her body was starting to reject this heart and she was put back on the transplant waiting list. She did not want to stay in the hospital and since she was over 18, it was her choice; we just had to let her be. That night, her heart just could not take the stress any longer. She didn’t let anyone know what she was going through.”

Taekwoon cried harder, hating himself even more because he felt as if he should have been there for her, should have known something was wrong. Instead, he ignored her and contributed to the stress she was under. He felt her mother leave, knowing that he wanted to be left alone to say good-bye.

“I’m sorry Gureum, I wish I had known. That dream was your way of saying good-bye wasn’t it? I am going to keep my promise to you. Even if you are not here, you are going to know just how much I love you; I am going to let you know every single day. Know that no one will every replace you in my heart. I love you Choi Gureum and I’m sorry that it took me this long to confess that too you. Until we meet again, my love.”

He kissed the rose and then placed it at the grave, then stood and leave, feeling the wind around him and knew that it was Gureum's way of telling him that she loved him as well, and he left with a small smile playing on his lips.