Corporate Love (3/3)- Ravi

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

Here is part three, I really hope that you enjoy. Took me longer than I would have liked it too, I found myself rewriting some of it a few times. And it ended up being longer than the others just because I did not want to split it up any more. Also, just a small warning there is cussing, not much, but just a heads because I know there are some people a bit iffy with cursing. Please comment and subscribe; vote if you like! Muck love!

 

Shin-ae stepped off of her private plane in Paris, France with a small smile on her face. She was happy to be in Paris one more even if it was for business; it was still one of her favorite locations to visit. Giving the pilot a slight nod of thanks, she took his hand as he helped her off of the plane. Wonshik followed close behind her, thanking the attendants who were transferring their luggage from the plane to the car. Once she and Ravi were settled in the car and on the road, they began to discuss their schedule for the week ahead.

“Once we leave the airport, we will head right for the office. You have a meeting the man who is in charge of the Paris Project, Damian Wright.”

Ravi pulled out a folder from his carryon bag and handed and handed it to Shin-ae. As she read over the contents of the folder, Ravi talked her through it.

“Mr. Wright has worked for the France branch of Park Enterprise for about 7 years and has made his way up fairly quickly. He has helped in getting the name Park out in Paris more, throwing banquets and parties in name of the company and for charity. Apparently it was his idea to branch off into the fashion industry since Paris is a capital in fashion and it would help draw more of a younger crowd. If this is successful then the fashion branch of Park Enterprise will be expanded outside of France.”

Shin-ae flipped through the folder, reading more and more about Mr. Damian Wright and this project he was developing. She had to admit that she was impressed by his achievements both in and out of the company.

“Interesting. Do you have a photo of Mr. Wright?”

“Um,” He began to look the bag to see if it fell out, “No, I do not. Sorry Ma’am.”

She just nodded and continued to read up on her temporary partner. “And what does the rest of the week?”

He handed her his tablet which had their schedule pulled up and explained the multiple meetings, public appearances, and interviews set up for their time in Paris. He had even managed to schedule in some free time for the both of them so that they could enjoy the city instead of working the whole time. The scheduled ended with a fashion charity event that takes place the night before they leave back for Seoul. It is meant kick off the Park Enterprise Fashion line and stores off in a good light.

Content with layout of their schedule, she handed the tablet back to Ravi. “Now, is everything settled with the hotel and the reservation?”

Ravi cleared his throat, awkwardly shifting in his seat. He had not had a chance to discuss the arrangements for the hotel with her, avoiding it as best he could, “About that…”

Shin-ae narrowed her eyes on him, crossing her arms, “What happened Wonshik?”

“I did get us a reservation at the Hilton Hotel, but…”

A growl came from the back of , “Stop dragging it out and tell me what is going on with our reservations.”

He sighed and ran a hand through his short, dark brown hair. “Apparently the opening of a new branch for Park Enterprise has issued a lot of attention, which is a good thing. But that also meant there were not as many rooms available for us. So I was not able to get a two bedroom suite as you had asked. I did however get us a fairly large room…”

She gave him a curious look, “And what kind of room would that be Wonshik? Because I am not sure I like where this is going?”

“The honeymoon suite.”

Her eyes widened as she gapped at him, “The honeymoon suite? You cannot be serious? I am not sharing the honeymoon suite with you!”

He looked down, slightly hurt by her declaration, but he was not all that surprised that she was not happy.

“I will try and get another room, but it was the best I could do on such short noticed, and I do kind of feel bad for taking away the honeymoon suite from a couple who are actually celebrating their honeymoon. But I was not able to talk to you about it before now since we both have been busy preparing for this trip along with other assignments and meeting.”

He cringed slightly, expecting her to blow up at him more for the room accommodations. But her wrath was not felt. Instead, it was Shin-ae’s turn to release a long sigh,

“I understand, what’s done is done. I apologize for that outburst. It is too late to try and do anything about it now, because there is no guarantee that there will be anything else open now. Just leave it as it is. You are sleeping on the couch though.”

He let out a small laugh, “I figured at much Miss Park.”

Ravi would not admit it to Shin-ae but he was happy that she agreed to keep the room as is. Even if he was just sleeping on the sofa, at least he was going to be close to her. He was hoping that he could use this time together to get her to warm up to him as Wonshik/Ravi and not just as “Mr. Kim.”

The car soon came to a stop with the driver stepping out of the car to open the back door. Ravi got out of the car first then offered his hand to Shin-ae to help her out.

“Would you like for me to stay here Miss or come back for you when you are done?” Asked the slightly older man.

“Wonshik will call you when we are ready to leave. If you will though, please drop off and check us into the hotel. Wonshik here will give you the information to sign us in.” She replied.

“Yes Miss.” He gave her a slight bow.

Ravi gave the driver the information and thanked him as he left. He then turned back to Shin-ae, “Shall we go in now Miss?”

Shin-ae and Ravi walked into the building side by side. To those that did not know Ravi was just her Personal Assistant, they appeared as a power couple that was to be feared. They walked into the building with their heads held high and ready for business. Those who saw them stopped what they were doing to stare at the new “couple” making their way through the building. There were some who quickly recognized Shin-ae and politely bowed to her as she passed as a sign of respect and then was quick to inform those who did not know who it was they were gawking at.

 The two made their way to the office of Damian Wright and was greeted by his overly, peppy assistant,

“Hello! My name is Maryse and I am Mr. Wright’s personal assistant. He is expecting you and if you would please follow me, I will show you to his office!”

She had a bright smile plastered on her face that Shin-ae was sure that if she smiled any wider her face would break. Maryse eyed Wonshik and for some a reason she could not explain, Shin-ae felt a spark of jealousy. She did not like how the tall, slim, bleach blond, big woman was looking at Wonshik. And from the look on his face, he was not minding the attention at all. She was not liking this at all.

Crossing her arms, Shin-ae glared at the bubbly blond bimbo clearing , “If you would not mind not eyeing my Personal Assistant like a piece of meat, I would really like to get to meeting Mr. Wright, since we do have a meeting.”

Ravi had to bit his lip to keep from laughing. She was using what he called the “scary” voice and the poor woman in front of them looked like she was ready to piss herself. Apparently she was not used to being spoken to in such a manner.

“U-Uh um, ye-yes. O-Okay…Follow me please.”

Ravi snorted laughing at the now stuttering girl. Shin-ae shot him a glare, silently telling him to shut up. To which he just shrugged, giving her an amused look. He found it rather funny how quickly the blond went from being bubbly and cheerful to shaking in terror of a woman shorter than her. He kept his eyes on Shin-ae, watching her glare at the back of their guide’s head; not understanding what got her in a bunch for her to strike out at the poor blond P.A for no reason. Other than being overly peppy she had done nothing to cause this hostility.

Maryse stopped in front of a large wooden door, knocking, “Mr. Wright, Miss Park is here.”

“Come in.”

She stepped aside and allowed Shin-ae to enter the office and she felt her breath catch. The man before her, standing behind the desk stood about 6’3” with shaggy, medium ash blond hair that fell in untamed curls that framed his face. He had rugged good looks; chiseled features and a five o’clock shadow already present on his face as though he had not shaved hat morning. But what caught and held her attention were his piercing electric blue eyes that seemed as if they stared right into her soul. She could not help but to just stare into his eyes, unable to break the hold he had on her.

Ravi looked between the two and fought back attacking the man for staring at Shin-ae in such a manner. He cleared his throat from to get their attention.

Shin-ae jumped in surprise, quickly looking away, hoping to hide her blush, but both males saw it. Now, it was Ravi’s turn to glare at the individual in front of them.

A small smirk played at the edge of the man’s lips as he moved around his desk to properly greet the new comers.

“Miss Shin-ae, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. I am Damian Wright.”

His voice sent shivers down her body. He spoke in a low, deep, raspy voice. Shin-ae kept her eyes locked on his as she reached out to take the hand he offered her. For once in her life, she was left speechless, and it was all because of a man who looked like he stepped right off of a romance novel cover. Wearing an all black suit that looked to have been tailored to show off his well defined body; and in Shin-ae mind if he were to flex or bend over, something was ripping and she had no complaints about that.    

 Ravi’s slight nudge to her side snapped her out of every dirty thought she was having about the man in front of her and she quickly went back into COO mode.

“Mr. Wright. Nice to meet you as well. This is my Personal Assistant Wonshik and he will be joining us during the meeting. Shall we get started?”

“Of Course. Right this way.”

Damian lead them out of his office and down to a meeting room were about 5 other individuals were waiting for them with everything already set up.

After what felt like hours, Shin-ae and Ravi finally arrived at the hotel tired from both jet-lag and working for the last 10 hours. It was well past dark, and all they wanted to do was eat and pass out. Shin-ae shuffle to the bathroom to take a shower and change into her pajamas while Ravi ordered them some room service; thankfully the kitchen was willing to wake them something to eat at the late hour.

Shin-ae came out of the bathroom with her hair still wet wearing black and pink polka dot pajama bottoms and a black tank top. Ravi was entranced by her natural beauty and how she did not even care that he was there or the image that she built for herself. She was just relaxed and comfortable.  He could not help but to smile, happy that he was able to see this side of her.

“Wonshik?”

“Oh, the food should be here shortly. I am just going to go take my shower now.”

She nodded in response and sat on one of the sofa’s her legs curled under her and the television to get some kind of noise going to break the silence. Pulling out her iPhone, she scrolled through her messages, responding to the ones that needed immediate attention and deleting the ones not worth her time. It was when she was going through the messages that she finally realized that since she had left, not once had Mr. Kim messaged her. She had been so busy that she did not have the time to notice before now.

She sat there staring at a blank message, debating if she wanted to be the one to text him first or if she should just let him make contact first. She was not ever sure what time it was over there, having already changed her cell phone time to match her current time zone and she just did not feel like doing the math at the moment to figure out time differences. In the end, Shin-ae just let out a sigh and just turned her phone off, tossing it onto the table in front of her.

Just as she was getting comfortable on the sofa, a knock came to the door and Shin-ae figured it to just be the room service. She stood and grabbed her purse to give the person a tip. Opening the door, she was surprised to find Damian standing before her. Her eyes widened in shock and she was half tempted to slam the door in his face,

“Mr. Wright, what are you doing here? How did you know that I was here?”

He let out a nervous chuckle and scratched the back of his head, “I might have had Maryse check on where you were staying. I know that it is late, but I was hoping that maybe you would like to go out for dinner Friday night, with me? And maybe that tomorrow, we could work without our P.A’s shadowing us…”

What the two were unaware of was Ravi coming out of the bathroom at that moment and hearing the man’s proposal to Shin-ae. The P.A fought against himself to make himself known, not even caring if it would give the new comer the wrong impression; that was exactly what he wanted. But he knew that Shin-ae would not be happy with him if he were to do that. He had to content himself with staying hidden, but remaining close enough to hear what was being said; silently hoping that Shin-ae would reject him and kick his to the curb.

“Mr. Wright…”

“Damian, please.” He interrupted, giving her a dazzling smile, causing Shin-ae to take a deep breath, calming herself down. She could not believe the effect this one man was having on her.

“Damian, I do not think that going out to dinner or working without our P.A’s would be appropriate. We are here for business and business only. I would appreciate it if you would also remain professional and keep in mind that I am here only to make sure that the project you proposed goes off without a hitch.”

Ravi caught himself pumping his fist in excitement. He was so proud of his girl right now, turning that pretty boy down and putting him in his place.

“You are here for a week, Miss Park. Do you really want to spend the whole time working? Would it hurt to have just one night where you are just Shin-ae and not COO Park Shin-ae?”

Damian raised an eyebrow, waiting for her response, hoping she would say yes. Ravi on the other hand was ready to punch the 6’3” model wannabe in his stupid little face.

“Come on Shin-ae, turn him down. Remember your “Mr. Kim.” Say no to this pretty boy.”

Ravi whispered from his hiding spot and was ready to make himself known, just so that the man would leave. He was hoping that the food would arrive soon anyway, so then Damian would see that there was already someone with Shin-ae.

Ravi caught Shin-ae letting out a sigh and he took that as a sign of her getting annoyed with Mr. Damian Wright.

She looked Damian in the eyes, feeling herself nearly drown in them.  Finding herself falling under hypnosis of the unnatural, electric eyes, Shin-ae was no longer able to deny him; well at least not without adding her own conditions.

“Fine, one dinner, but that is all. As for working without my P.A. around; not going to happen. I have worked with Wonshik since the day I stepped foot into Park Enterprise, I refuse to work with anyone. Now, if you would please leave, I have ordered a late supper and it should be here soon.”

Shin-ae went to shut the door in his face, but he stopped her, “Maybe you would like some company?”

She glared at him, tired and hungry, she was in no mood for this; even if he was drop dead gorgeous. “Look, I agreed to dinner tomorrow night, but it is just for business, nothing more than that. I’m sorry if you are reading more into it than what there actually is. And if this is how you are with all female clients, employees, and co-workers then we are going to have a problem. Good night Mr. Wright.”

  She did not give him a chance to respond, slamming the door in his face. She did not see the smirk gracing his face as he walked away. He was not one to back down when he wanted something, and he wanted Shin-ae.

She walked back into the living area where she found Ravi. He was sitting on one of the sofas with his feet up on the table and messing around on his phone. She was curious of what he could be looking at that would cause the deep scowl to grace his hard features. He didn’t even bother to look at her as she took her original spot on the other sofa.

Even with the television playing, the silence between the two was deafening. She continued to steal glances at him from the corner of her eye, but said nothing. Soon enough, room service finally arrived and Ravi got up to get it. He set the food out on the table in front of them and set about eat, still saying nothing. They ate in silence with nothing but some drama playing in the background on the television.

Shin-ae did not understand why she was so uncomfortable sitting here, with no one talking. Usually she was perfectly fine with not talking and would rather it that way. Maybe because this silence was brought on by Ravi being pissed about something, that is what made the situation uncomfortable. She was not the best at starting conversations, but would give it a shot to easy some of the tension.

“Food’s good.”

“Yup.”

Attempt number one, fail.

“I think that the meeting today went pretty good. The project seems to be running smoothly.”

“Mhm.”

Attempt number two, fail. Probably should not use work as a topic of conversation. Does not really do anything to lighten the mood.

“Anything on your mind?”

“Nope.”

Attempt number three, fail. Now she was starting to understand why she never tried to start a conversation, she got annoyed to easily; especially when all she was getting in response was one word answers, or not even that much.

Groaning, Shin-ae tossed her fork down and looked at Ravi, “Wonshik, is there something wrong with you? You were fine when you went to get in the shower. What happened? I saw you on your phone, see something that mad you mad?” Her voice laced with concern for the man in front of her.

“Nope.”

That was all he said. No more, no less and it royally pissed Shin-ae off. He stood from the sofa and walked outside onto balcony. She could only sit there in confusion, staring after him. What in the world could have happened to him to cause this kind of behavior when he was perfectly fine when he went into the bathroom?

Ravi leaned against the railing, pulling the hood of his hoodie over his head, glaring out at the scenery before him. He was pissed that Shin-ae agreed to go to dinner with that would-be Bruce Wayne. He walked away once her heard her say yes, not even bothering to listen any longer. He did not need to hear anymore, because once he heard her say yes to that dinner date, that was it. He figured she had also agreed to everything else.

He could not believe that she just agreed that easily, not even making him work that hard. It took him a month as “Mr. Kim” for her to even start opening up to him. Then, here come Mr. Damian Wright and it takes him less than a day to get her to go on a date with him. It just did not make since to him. Were good looks all that mattered to Shin-ae; and that is why she agreed so easily? And did those four month that he and Shin-ae talked over the internet really mean nothing to her for her to throw it all away without a second thought?

Ravi did not understand her at all or her actions, and honestly he was hurt. He had had feeling for Shin-ae long before thing between them started through the online dating service. Those feeling only grew the more he got to know the real Park Shin-ae and not the Ms. Park he saw at work. He thought about maybe texting her as “Mr. Kim” but at the moment he did not see the point. If she wanted Damian Wright, then why even bother anymore with pursuing her as Mr. Kim and he might as well just give up.

After staying in the cool air a while longer to calm down and trying to put an end to questions running through his head, Wonshik eventually went back into the hotel suite and found the television off and Shin-ae curled up in the bed asleep. He made his way over to the slightly larger sofa and made himself comfortable. Surprisingly, sleep came rather quickly to him, despite all the thought running through his head. Guess that would be a positive to jet lag and working the second they stepped off of the plain.

 

The next morning, Ravi’s mood had not improved at all but he was at least speaking to Shin-ae now. Granted it was just about work and nothing more; and even then he spoke in a hard, tight voice. She still did not understand why he was behaving in such a manner. And it seemed as if his mood only soured  more once they got to the building and Damian greeted them. He was not even trying to remain professional around him and was downright rude to the project leader.

By the end of the day, Shin-ae had a splitting headache and was extremely annoyed. Not only with Wonshik, but with Damian as well. Throughout the day, he took every opportunity he could find to flirt with her, or placing light touches along her back and arms, across her shoulders. That in turn seemed to only egg on Wonshik and his negative behavior and snide comments. She told Damian multiple times to stop touching her and to focus on work. She went into full on mode, hoping it might strike fear into the blue eyed man. But all she accomplished was getting a dazzling smile from him along with a ruffling of her hair as he told her that he found it cute when she tried to act all terrifying.

As soon as possible, Shin-ae left the office, needing to get as far away from Damian Wright as she could. Never had she ever had to deal with a man like him, and frankly, she did not like it one bit. She would rather people fear her than to tell her she looked cute when she was mad. How in the world was she supposed to respond to something like that? Only Mr. Kim, aka Ravi, had flirted with her in such a manner and it took her a good 2 months before she was a little bit okay with that.

Upon entering the hotel suite, Shin-ae really wished that she would have had Wonshik get a different room because at the moment, she did not want to be anywhere around him either. Except, with them being in the same room together, that made it easier for her to confront him, and possible get answers from him. She threw her bag onto a table and turned to face Ravi.

“What is wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?!” She shouted at him.

Ravi just rolled his eyes and walked past her, “Nothing.”

She let out a small yell of frustration, unable to stand him behaving like this any longer; this was not the Kim Wonshik that she knew. She was also getting annoyed that he was causing her to act this way, losing her composure out of worry and irritation, but she was not going to let him know that she was worried about him, that just was not like her. So she did what she knew best. Her eyes narrowed arms crossed under her s,

“Oh do not give me that bull! You have been nothing but an all day. You are my personal assistant and held to certain standards for your position. You not only represent myself when in public, but you represent Park Enterprise as well and you behavior as of late reflects badly on the company.”

Scoffing, Ravi pulled off his tie and jacket, tossing them onto the sofa before turning to look Shin-ae in the eye, “And your flirting with Mr. Wright was oh so professional, right? Flirting so shamelessly reflects positively on Park Enterprise? What kind of image does that do for your father’s company?”

She stood straight and looked at him in disbelief that he would say something like that to her. His words actually hurt her, that he, someone she had worked with since entering Park Enterprise, and the only one to know her better than herself, would insinuate that she would just flirt with someone to farther her career. He should know her better than that. She felt herself becoming upset about the whole situation, “How dare you?! You know that I am not like that! How could you even imply that…?”

 Shin-ae could not even finish her sentence; it would just upset her even more if she did. She broke her eye contact with Ravi and looked away. This caused him to roll his eyes, feeling infuriated that she would try to deny her behavior towards Damian at the office.

“Don’t try to act all innocent Ms. Park,” Sarcasm and disgust dripping off every word “I have eyes, I saw you two together. You know, being told to “play nice with others” wasn’t meant to be taken as flirting in such a brazen manner at work with a man that you barely know.”

Wonshik grabbed a change of clothes and headed to the bathroom. But before he could make it in there completely, he heard Shin-ae’s soft voice behind him,

“W-what did you just say?”

He did not respond, instead continued into the bathroom, locking the door behind him.  He kicked himself once he was alone. He had gotten so caught up in his anger towards Shin-ae, that he forgot himself as being just Wonshik, her Personal Assistant, and almost gave himself away as being “Mr. Kim.”

Shin-ae collapsed onto the love seat in a daze. Was it possible that Wonshik and Ravi was the same person? How else would he have known about the “play nice with others?” Something that Ravi was always telling her at the end of their conversations. No, it couldn’t be possible. There was no way that her P.A. was also the man that she had been talking to for the last four months and slowly falling in love with. Her brain would not allow her to accept it; her heart on the hand, speed up at the thought of finally knowing who Mr. Kim was.

 

For the remainder of their stay in Paris, an uncomfortable tension surrounded the boss and P.A. that also affected those around them. They barely spoke to one another, even if it were about work. Ravi used any chance he could to get away from Shin-ae and Damian, hating how they still flirted with one another, despite the confrontation he and Shin-ae had at the hotel. And if people thought things were bad and awkward between the two at the office, at least they did not have to deal with the two back at their hotel.

The only time they were in the room together was when they were sleeping. Even getting ready to head to the office consisted of one waiting out on the balcony while the other was in the bathroom. With everything going on with Wonshik, she was not even able to enjoy her time in Paris; she felt like she was back in Korea and did nothing but work and reading, while maybe watching a little television. As for Ravi, while at the hotel, if he was not sleeping or on the balcony, he found himself in the gym; getting his aggression and anger out while working out.

Now they found themselves on Friday night, and Shin-ae was in the bathroom staring in the mirror, wearing only a towel. She had just finished her shower and her hair was still dripping wet. She was debating with herself on if she really wanted to go on this dinner with Damian Wright, or not. In a way, he was the reason Shin-ae and Wonshik were no longer talking. Granted they never had the best relationship as in being best friends; but they used to work so well together, he would know what she needed before she even said anything. And he never backed down from her when she went into her “” mode; and unlike Damian, he did not tell her that it was cute, he just rolled with it and made sarcastic comments.

She missed that. She missed his sarcastic comments, the way he would pick and when she was taking things too seriously, and that playful look he would get in his eyes. The way he would roll his eyes at the other employees who would shake and stutter around her. She missed how he would place his hand on her lower back guiding her on where to go but also in a protective manner. She missed Kim Wonshik, and though he might be in the same room as her, he was far away from her.

Reaching a hand up to her face, she wiped her eyes and found that a tear had escaped as she was lost in her thoughts. Park Shin-ae was not the kind of girl to cry or show too many emotions, but this last week had taken its toll on her and she just felt herself crumbling. She took her phone from the pile of clothes that she had brought in with her and looked through her messages, still finding nothing from Ravi.

That was another thing that was causing her to breakdown. After the argument with Wonshik, she had tried multiple times to get in touch with her Mr. Kim, but got nothing in response. It was making her think that perhaps Wonshik and Ravi were one in and the same, but she would not know for sure unless she confronted him. Shin-ae was not sure if she was ready for that confrontation and find out for sure that Wonshik was her Mr. Kim.

Wiping her face and sniffling, she worked on pulling herself together and decided to go ahead and meet Damian for dinner. Maybe this could help in allowing her to get her head straight and know what move to make next.

Shin-ae applied light make-up with a glossy lip and her hair fell in loose, soft curls down her back. She slipped on a black bodycon dress that fell just above her knee and white lace-panel that made up the collar and ¾ length sleeves (http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/GalleryImage/36/550/L_g0026455036.jpg). She paired the dress with a pair of black, platform heel sandals.

Walking out of the bathroom, she found Wonshik sitting on the sofa watching television. His head turned to her direction once he heard the door. His eyes nearly fell out of his head once he took in the sight of her before him and what she was wearing. Once it clicked in his head on why she was dressed so nice, his eyes narrowed into a hard glare and he scoffed, looking away.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

She didn’t believe him one bit, “No, Wonshik, tell me what is wrong for you to be glaring at me.”

He stood from the sofa and walked closer to her, “You want to know what the problem is? Fine, I will tell you. I cannot believe that you are still going to go on a date with a stupid pretty boy. You want to give me a lecture on acting professional and representing the company in a positive light. But here you are going out with a guy with a reputation of being a playboy and going out with numerous women. You being who you are to the company, it would not look good if you two were seen together on a date.”

She ran her hands through her hair in frustration, “It is not a date, it is a business dinner.” She argued.

He rolled, “Tch, you cannot be that naïve Shin-ae. You two have been flirting non-stop this week…”

“I have not been flirting with him! I hate when he touches me and I tell him to stop! Yes, maybe he has been flirting with me, and maybe I found him attractive at first, but I have been trying so hard to ignore the flirting and stay professional. The only reason I agreed to this was in the hope it might make him back off; that didn’t work though. And the only reason I am still going is because I cannot stay here any longer with you ignoring me and glaring at me! Why do you even care?!”

“Because I love you!”

Both froze at his sudden confession, the atmosphere in the room changing drastically. All anger and hostility drain instantly; being replaced by shock and confusion. He was not expecting that to come out, and she was not expecting that as his response. Shin-ae looked down, fiddling with her nails; she did not know how to respond to that, but there was just one thing that kept coming to mind that she had to ask. Her eyes rose to meet his,

“Wonshik, are you the one that I have been communicating with through texts and messages for the last four months?”

It was his turn to look down, remaining silent. Shin-ae took that as her answer and stepped closer to him,

“Did you know it was me when you first contacted me?”

Silence.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?” She questioned.

Still he said nothing. She took that silence as a bad sign and against her will, felt tears welling up in her eyes,

“Were you just playing games with me? Did you think it would be funny to try and make me fall for you only to humiliate me in the end?”

His head shot straight up, staring at her with wide eyes, “No, no. Just, no. I would not do that. Yes I knew who you were, but I did not go into that with the plan of humiliating you in the end.”

“Then why?” Her voice soft, breaking his heart. The one time she actually breaks down and shows her emotions to him, and it is because she thinks he was just playing games with her.

He let out a sigh, ruffling his hair. Ravi took her hand and pulled her over to the sofa and setting her down. He sat next to her, holding both of her hands in his.

“Shin-ae, I have had feeling for you not long after we began working together as nothing more than interns. I saw how hard you worked, your determination to prove yourself. You wanted to make a name for yourself and not just as being your father’s daughter. You are a hard , and sometimes you can be a downright to people that piss you off. And even though there were times I wanted to reach across your desk and strangle you, I couldn’t help but to develop stronger feelings for you than just you being my boss.

“When I got that message of you being a match for me from the dating service, I was beyond shocked. For one, I did not expect to find you on a thing like that. But then I realized that it gave me a chance to get to know you better and get you to look at me as something other than your personal assistant. And before you ask, no I did not make up a fake name just for that. Ravi is a real nickname of mine that my friends call me. Come to think of it, the only people to call be Wonshik are those at work and family. That is besides the point though.”

Shin-ae stared at their intertwined hands, and felt herself give a small smile as his thumb rubbed the back of her hand in a soothing manner.

“Look, Shin-ae, I am sorry about this week. Our first night here, I overheard you and him talking when he showed up here and I just snapped at how it took almost nothing for him to convince you to go out with his. I felt like you had forgotten all about me, or well, Mr. Kim. Then going to that work place and seeing him flirt with you, touching you. I hated it. I’m sorry for the things I said to you, I was just angry because I thought that you might actually like him. Coming here, I had hoped that maybe I could use this chance to get you see me for me, not as just you P.A or as Mr. Kim, but as Wonshik so that when it did come to the point of us meeting in person, you would not reject me on the spot and be open to the idea of being in a relationship with me.”

Remaining silent, Shin-ae took in everything that he had just told her. She didn’t know how she felt about it all, but she wasn’t mad. Thinking about it logically, she understood where he was coming from and why he approached the situation as he did. He had a point that if he had given himself away at the start of it all, she would have rejected him and been completely embarrassed and even pissed off. Now, she was still a little upset and mad, though a little of that was for his behavior the last week; however the idea of him being her match from the dating service and after having talked to him for the last four months, she was left considering that there could be something there between them.

Taking a deep breath, Shin-ae raised her head to look Wonshik in the eye. Staring into his deep, velvety, almost black eyes; she found a mixture of emotions reflected in them. He was not hiding anything from her; he was putting himself out there and was now just waiting for her to meet him half way.

With a shaky hand, she reached up and cupped his cheek, “We shouldn’t do this. You are my personal assistant and I am your boss. It is just not right; think about how that will look to people if they find out.”

Ravi felt rejected and was ready to pull away, but Shin-ae would not let him.

“But I can forget all of that, I mean it would not be the first relationship to for between a boss and employee or whatever.” She reasoned.

Hope was restored a little, until she spoke again.

“I just don’t know if I can do this; us.”

Ravi let out the breath he had been holding and moved away from her, standing up and walked to the balcony doors, “Look Shin-ae if you are going to reject me, just do it. Don’t drag it out any more; spare me some pride and consider my feeling a little. You don’t have to be so cruel.”

“See, that is what I was trying to get at. I don’t know what to do Wonshik, I don’t know how to be in a relationship.” She stood, walking to him, kicking off her heels in the process. “I have never been in one before. I am not used to being kind and soft; I am used to being in control and making people fear me. I have never understood the idea of being romantic; and honestly chick flicks like that make me sick. What I am trying to say Wonshik is that, I don’t want to hurt you because I express myself to you in a nicer manner than what I would if I were in the office. I don’t want…”

Ravi stopped her by pulling her close to him, tucking her body into his, wrapping his arms tight around her waist and resting his head on hers. He noticed the tears starting to well up in her eyes again and wanted to stop her before she got too upset.

“The fact that you are acknowledging that you don’t want to hurt me means so much. It does not matter that you are not soft and overly romantic, I like that about you; I don’t want to change you; well maybe being a little nicer would be okay.”

That got a small chuckle out of Shin-ae as she smacked him on the shoulder as she pulled out of his hug enough to look up at him.

“Maybe we could, for right now, keep with just talking and getting to know each other more, before we take the next step into an actual relationship. Make sure that you and I would be a good match.”

Ravi laughed and hugged her again, “Okay, we can do that. But please don’t make it sound like we are making a business deal.”

“I will try. It will be a working progress but…”

“That is all that matters. Thank you Shin-ae for accepting me. Or at least being willing to accept me.”

She smiled at him, “Thank you for being willing to give me a chance even if I am not the easiest person in the world to deal with.”

This brought a laugh from both of them as they stood in each other’s embrace, content and happy. And needless to say, Shin-ae was not going to be meeting Damian Wright for dinner that night, or ever.

 

*Present day*

Shin-ae came awake to an empty bed, searching for the warmth of Wonshik’s body. She sat up in bed, looking around, only to see an empty room and her boyfriend nowhere to be found. Getting out of bed, she walked out of the bedroom, wearing only one of Wonshik’s long t-shirts. Upon entering the living room, she was greeted by the sight of her boyfriend sitting on the window sill, looking out the window with a cup of coffee in hand.

“Morning handsome.”

Ravi turned his head to see his girlfriend smiling at him. He sat the cup down and motioned for her to come to him. He pulled her so that she was situated sitting between his legs and his arms wrapped around her, hands resting on her stomach. “Good Morning beautiful. Did you sleep well?”

She snuggled in closer to him, “Yes, I did. Though I would have rather woken up to you holding me, instead of a cold bed.”

He kissed the top of her head, laughing slightly. He loved when she got like this; still half asleep and just wanting to be held and cuddled, not even aware of how cute and sappy she was being.

“So sorry my love. But I had a few phone calls to make. I am all yours now to hold you as much as you would like.”

“Good, because I want to stay like this all day.” She spoke in a serene tone, eyes close and a small smile playing on her lips.

Wonshik felt his heart swell with pride, knowing that he was the one to bring this side out of her. Knowing that he was the one that made her this happy; and that each day she was breaking down more and more of her hardened shell to become this woman willing to give up some of her control to him. Trusting him to not hurt her and allowing her to lean on him to guide her when they entered into a new stage of the relationship that she was unfamiliar with. It has been a long and bumpy road, but they had made it this far and neither Ravi nor Shin-ae would change a thing with their relationship with how they got to where they are now.

Shin-ae turned her head just enough to look up at Ravi, “I love you Wonshik. Thank you for not giving up on me and loving me even though I know there are days you still want to strangle me.”

Ravi bent his head down, capturing her lips in a sweet, slow, and passionate kiss. She pushed against him more, deepening the kiss, but he broke away, before the kiss could lead to anything more, “I love you too. And even if you do still aggravate me to no end some days, I wouldn’t change that for the world. I love you just the way you are.”