The Heiress' Assistant (1/3)- Ravi

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

Here is a Ravi request for KeyChunDae. It is going to be in two parts. I used more of a  personal assistant idea instead of butler, but with butler aspects, if that makes sense. I hope that you like it, please leave a comment telling me what you thought and subscribe, vote if you like.

 

“This is unacceptable! You are a part of one of the top conglomerate businesses in Korea, and you think that presenting this garbage is meeting the standards this company has set? Do you really believe that if my father were to see this he be proud and find that what you are proposing be a good move for Park Enterprise? I am not seeing anything that we could possible gain from partnering with this little no name company; it seems only they would reap all of the benefits from a partnership. You have shown us nothing to let us know that this would be a good move for this company. What do you have to say for yourselves?”

The poor, shaking employee cleared his throat to attempt to speak, “T-the nu-numbers s-sh-show…”

Park Shin-ae, COO to her father’s Fortune 500 Company, held up her manicured hand to silence the stuttering and terrified employee. She had a cold, hard scowl marring her beautiful, young face. Much like her father, she could strike fear into any man with just one look, and in this moment was putting the fear into 10 men and women who were present for the meeting and presentation. All too afraid to stand up to the employee because none wanted to become her next target.

“Stop. If you are unable to even form a single word without stuttering and actually defend your proposition, then you have no business being here. You have one more chance to impress me and convince me that this partnership would be a good idea or else you will be fired. You are dismissed now. Good-bye.”

She spoke in a very nonchalant manner, as if it did not even faze her that she just threatened to fire someone. Though the fact that she did give them one more chance instead of firing them right then and there is what surprised everyone in the room. Normally she would fire them right then and there. Everyone just sat there in a mixture of fear and shock as Shin-ae gathered her things and stalked out of the room with her head held high. She gave off an air of being better than those around her, highly intimidating and it made everyone second guess approaching her.

There was one man though who held no fear towards the cold CEO followed right behind her with a eye roll towards the behavior of those that actually feared Park Shin-ae.  He did not really understand where there fear came from, or what there was to fear when it comes to Shin-ae. Maybe it was because he had worked close to her since they were nothing more than interns and see her more as a woman to respect than fear. And possibly knows her better than she even knows herself.

Kim Wonshik, better known as Ravi, was the personal assistant to the nasty, spoiled, and short-tempered woman that was Park Shin-ae. She had known her since they were just interns, entering at the same time. He knew that Shin-ae worked harder and went above and beyond anyone else there just to prove herself as more than just the President’s daughter. There were many who looked down on her thinking that she only got the position she has now because of her lineage, and that she did not have to work for anything in her life. For the most part, they were correct. However, when it comes to this company, Ravi knew different, he knew that she put in as much blood, sweat, and tears as her father and grandfather did. If not more.

Since they worked so close together from internship to now, Ravi had seen Shin-ae at her worst and her best; every high and low point. And he knew just how much pressure was put on her for being the only child and heiress to the Park fortune. Having to live up to the standards set by her father and grandfather. Which is why she tends to be come off so cold and a .

Ravi fell into step right alongside Shin-ae, taking everything from her hands and followed her to her office. “Don’t you think that was a little harsh back there? What have we talk about before?”

It was Shin-ae’s turn to roll her eyes at her PA, “Employee’s work better when you are nice to them. I know, you tell me all the time, Wonshik. I gave him a second chance. But seriously now, I am not going to be nice when they produce work like that. It was pathetic, and so not up to the standards of Park Enterprise. Besides, I will not be nice to those who do not deserve it.”

Ravi let out a long breath, shutting the door to her office behind him, “So I guess that means that I don’t deserve you being nice to me either?”

Shin-ae paused in her movements towards her desk, releasing her own long sigh before turning to look at Ravi. He could see the ashamed look in her eyes. He instantly felt bad for saying that, though it came out harsher than he meant it too. He was just trying to . Placing everything down, he moved closer to her and placed his hands on her bare arms, “I’m sorry Shin-ae. I didn’t mean it that way.”

She shook her head, “No, you are right. I’m not really the nicest person in the world. And sometimes you are the target of my temper and mean streak.”

Ravi raised an eyebrow at her, “Sometimes?” He teased.

Her bottom lip poked out in a slight pout, and lightly hit him in the chest. This brought a low rumble from the back of his throat as he laughed at her. He pulled her closer to him, closing his eyes as he felt her circle her arms around his waist and nuzzle her head into the crook of his neck. Even in 4 inch heels, she barely came to his nose, and without shoes, she fit perfectly in his hold to where he could easily tuck her under his chin, keeping a protective hold on her. They stayed in that position for a little while, just enjoying their lovers embrace.

Shin-ae cuddled up closer to Ravi, letting out a sigh of contentment. He was the only person alive who she would allow to see her in this vulnerable position, or even get this close to her. It just made it all the more clear on her true feelings for the man holding her in such a loving way. She pulled back enough to be able to look up at him, gazing right into his love filled eyes and she felt like her heart was soaring. She brought her hands up to cup his face, tracing his face with her thumbs,

“You know that I am trying, right Wonshik? I really am trying.”

Ravi gave her a small smile, placing a gentle kiss on crown of her head, “I know baby,” He replied, “I was just trying to tease you. It just did not come out that way. I’m sorry.”

Shin-ae gave him the most sincere expression that she could muster, “I love you.”

Ravi’s smile widened, capturing her lips in a short and sweet kiss, “You just have an interesting way of showing it.”

Shin-ae pouted, puffing her cheeks out in an adorable manner, another thing she would only show to Ravi. She attempted to push him away, annoyed with his teasing. But he just let out that load and husky laugh of his that was just so infectious that she could not help but to smile back. Normally she would bite someone’s head off for teasing her and then make them wish they had never been born; not really having that sense of humor. But not with Ravi; when he she just took it in strides, took her a little while to get used to it, but she grew to like it, because she knew that it was just his way of showing her how he felt without out always telling her or showering her with gifts.

He tightened his hold on her, pulling her in for a deeper, more passionate kiss. This was a kiss that set them both on fire; there was nothing innocent to it. But the kiss was over way too quick for either’s liking. With his lips barely touching hers, he spoke those three words that never failed to melt her heart, “I love you.”

Oh how she loved to hear him say those sweet words. Shin-ae pulled back from his hold to look up at him, to take in his sharp, masculine features. It was as if she was trying to memorize every since detail about him. Sometimes this all felt she was just sleeping and that she would wake up at any moments and realize that this was just nothing but a very cruel dream. If it were to be just a dream, then she never wanted to wake up. She was staring at the man who came into her life as nothing more than a fellow intern, to personal assistant, to nor the man she loves with all her being and was helping to break her of being the cold, heartless, she used to be.

With one last quick kiss, Shin-ae and Ravi went their own ways to continue to work. Though, Ravi was distracted and had trouble focusing on his work. He kept thinking about Shin-ae and their relationship. Thinking about where they are now when compared to where they started.

 

*Two Year Ago*

“Kim Wonshik! Get in here! Now!”

Ravi rolled his eyes, groaning in annoyance at the sound of his “wonderful” boss calling for him. This was already the nth time today that she had bellowed for him. He had to bite his tongue to keep from saying something he would later regret and cause him to lose his job. Though, at this current moment, that did not seem like such a bad thing.

Standing from his desk, he grumbled the whole walk to her office and then before walking in, he faked a smile, “Yes, Miss Park? You bel-called?”

He spoke through gritted teeth. Shin-ae ignored the gruff and growly voice he was using, not really caring. She did not even bother to look at him and just continued to type as she spoke,

“Go meet Mrs. Ahn, she has some papers that my father wants me to review for next week’s meeting. Then go get me another Chai Latte.”

“You know, it is considered rude to not look at a person when you are speaking to them. Also, we use the word “please” when we want someone to do something for us. It is called asking nicely; and having manners.”

Her gaze shot to him, “Please go do as you were told or be fired.”

There was a slight snarl as she spoke. Her lip curled up, eyes blazing with fire. It was the look she gave when they did not bow to her every command. Most people would apologize for speaking to her in that manner and then quickly leave. But not Ravi; she did not scare him in the least bit.

“Yes Miss Park. Anything else?” He questioned in a sarcastic, fake submissive manner that Shin-ae once again chose to ignore.

“No. Just hurry.” She remarked, earning another eye roll from Ravi.

Ravi bowed his head in response and left, mumbling under his breath, “Demanding .”

The rest of the day was not much better after completed those two tasks. He understood that he was her personal assistant and had to do want ever she needed to help in handling business affairs, that is what he signed up to do. What he did not sign up to do however was to wait on her hand and foot. He was her PA, not her slave.

Needless to say, he was thrilled that it was time to go home and since it was Friday he did not have to deal with his boss again for two whole days. He gathered all of his things, and went to announce his departure.

“I am leaving now Miss Park. Have a nice weekend.”

Shin-ae looked up from her computer, “Oh, come here before you leave.”

Ravi wanting to stomp his feet in annoyance, scrunching his face in a scowl and thinning his lips with irritation. He was almost free. He was close to whining even, shaking his body in a defiant manner; he did not even care if it would make him look like a child. He just did not want to have to deal with her anymore this week. But instead he took a deep breath to calm himself down and walked towards her desk, “Yes?”

She handed in a folder, the same folder that he had gotten earlier from Mrs. Ahn, “I need you to make notes of these for the meeting, look over them yourself so that you are equally prepared. I also need you to look into that new construction project in France, um, I believe it is some kind of mall or something. I don’t really know, I just know it is related to clothing. But I need you to look into the progress of it; my father has put me in charge of that particular project for some reason. Just make sure they are on schedule and what not.”

Ravi bit back a groan, he had been hoping for a weekend free of work. Guess that was not going to happen. The wicked, wicked witch of Seoul could not possibly give him a break. Taking the papers from her and placing them in his messenger bag, he pulled out his tablet and began making notes of what she needed him from him. At least this time it was work related and he was not running around doing things for him that did not fall into his job description.

Once he was done with his notes, he made eye contact with her, “Anything eles?”

Shin-ea thought for a moment “No, I don’t think so. Just do that and then do whatever it is that you do as a PA.”

Ravi felt his eye twitch, hating that she could write off what he did like it was nothing, like he contributed nothing and helped in no way at all; writing him off as though he did not do just about everything she demanded of him, going above what was just in his job description. He really wanted to tell her to just shove it and leave. Instead he took a deep breath and counted to 10 in his head, calming himself down.

“Alright,” he spoke in a tight voice, “Good day Miss Park. I will see you Monday.”

He stormed out of the office before she was able to say anything more and even turned off his phone for the time being so she could not call him and he could have a little peace.

By the time he got back to his shared apartment with his best friend, a photographer Lee Hongbin, he was still seething with anger. He threw himself face first into the sofa, letting out a loud groan, sounding almost like a dying whale as Hongbin would say. The groan caught the attention of said sarcastic photographer who was in the kitchen.

He came out, drying his hands on a dish towel to check on Ravi. He grinned at the sight that greeted him in the living room. And though he knew what his friend’s problem was, he could not resist asking, “Rough day?”

Ravi gave Hongbin a droll stare, “She is the spawn of Satan.”

Hongbin rolled his eyes at his friend, “Oh don’t be so dramatic.”

Ravi sat up, crossing his legs in a “meditation” pose, “You just have no idea…”

He began to go through the events of the day, ranting to Hongbin and letting out all of his frustrations. Hongbin just sat and listened to his friend going off on everything that the “she-devil” as Ravi so lovingly calls her, did. He found it hilarious how much the man in front of him hated and complained about working for Park Shin-ae, yet did not leave.

After the long, drawn out speech of why Shin-ae was a horrible person, Hongbin just sat there and continued to say nothing. Ravi began to feel uncomfortable under his friend’s survey. He waited for his friend to speak, because knowing Hongbin, he had something to say.

“What? Say something already!”

“Why don’t you just leave?” Hongbin inquired.

Ravi shrugged his shoulders, “The pay is good.”

Hongbin shook his head, “We both know that is not the only reason. And it is not even the main reason why you will not leave. I think that someone is keeping you there.”

This statement earned him a glare from the already irritated PA. “Shut up, Hongbin.”

Hongbin feigned an innocent look, “What? I am just pointing out the obvious. And I didn’t really say who specifically so we could be thinking of two different people.”

The personal assistant stood from the sofa, saying nothing in response and made sure to punch is now laughing friend as he passed by him, heading straight to his room.

Wonshik flopped onto his bed, staring up at his ceiling. He let out a frustrated sigh, closing his eyes in hopes of willing away headache he could feel coming on. An image of the bane of his existence made its way into his thoughts. He tried to force the thoughts of Shin-ae out of his head, but the harder he tried to not think about her, the more she managed to wiggle her way back in. Even when she was not around, she could not give him a moment of peace.

He hated to admit it, but Hongbin was right. He did not leave Park Enterprise because he had feeling for the horrible Park Shin-ae herself, his boss.

“Ugh!”

A groan escaped his lips and he placed a pillow over his face, hating himself for having feeling for the woman who made his life hell. He told himself to hate her; to get over his feeling for her because she was his boss and that there could never be anything between them. She was a spoiled, nasty, who cared for no one but herself and work. It helped a little, but then he thought of how beautiful she looked when she was in her element; in control of those around her and the environment, demanding perfection. Ravi had to admit that there was just something very y about a woman who know how to lead and be in power and get what she wanted. Shin-ae proved to everyone that just because she was a woman in a “man’s world” did not mean that she could not go toe-to-toe with them in the power game. Without using her uality to get her way and still coming out on top.

Shin-ae was everything that Ravi had never really looked for in a woman, the quite opposite actually. But despite all those moments where she was being horrible and mean, there were those moments where Ravi get to see her let down all of her shields and defenses and realized that she was not as strong as she let on. And it was in those moments where he had the strong desire to protect her and take care of her.

Ravi sat up on his bed, ruffling his hair in aggravation. He needed to do something to take his mind off of Shin-ae, because the longer he just laid there doing nothing the deeper he would go into his thoughts of her. For the first time in a long while, he was thankful to have work to do. Pulling out his laptop, he went about doing whatever he could to distract himself.

As he was working on the notes she needed, an alert popped up in his e-mail. It was a message from the dating site he was signed up for. With the hours he worked, he didn’t have time to date much. And with the “taboo” feelings he was experiencing towards his boss he needed something to help destroy those feelings. So he turned to a dating site to narrow down the choices of a perfect match and someone who was not his boss.

He opened the message to see another potential match. Ravi scrolled through the profile before looking at the name. There were no pictures, they did not allow those since it was so easy to put just any old photo and she it is you. Instead, they just rely on detail question and answers, and personality types, and so much more to make connections. The more he looked into the profile, the more he was liking what he was seeing, but once he got to the name of his potential match, he swore he felt his heart stop. Everything came to a dead stop and he was thankful that he used his nickname instead of his real name. Because there in bold letters was the name that Ravi never expected to see…

Park, Shin-ae…”