XVI. Pretenders

Music Sheet

 

 

The spring festival was almost there. There were only a week and a half left before the festival and like everyone in their school, the whole glee club was already busy for the incoming event.

 

That day, soohee was coming back and forth since she was assigned for the pieces that they will going to use for the spring festival. She just came from their classroom when she remembered her phone that was left at the music room. She was almost opening the door when she heard her name was mentioned by that someone who was inside the music room. So she stopped and evesdropped a little.

 

“is it true that jaejoong oppa and soohee already in relationship?” the girl asked.

 

“nae. It was shocking right? We all know that she is a loner girl and when the merging came, suddenly she is already in relationship with one of the heartthrobs of the school. Surely, she is a flirt inside.”

 

Soohee made a face. She knew who are the people inside. Its her greatest rival. And like what she was expecting, they are gossiping about her life again. She thought of having them caught while talking about her when suddenly the other girl uttered something that made her stop from opening the door fully.

 

“you’re right. And she’s just academically intelligent. But when it comes with the other things, she is a real moron.”

 

“what do you mean?”

 

“I knew something about jaejoong and his friends. Once, I came here and heard the five boys talking with each other.”

 

“and?”

 

“and they were talking about their bet.”

 

“bet?”

 

“yes. Before the day of merge, they had a bet that whoever talked to them first should be their girlfriend. And jaejoong talked to soohee first.”

 

Both of the girl’s friend were shocked and also soohee who was listening intently outside.

 

“so it means that jaejoong is only using soohee for their bet?”

 

“indeed! That’s why when I heard that soohee already answered jaejoong, I cannot help but to laugh. She’s so stupid and if the whole school knew this, I am sure, that will have no more guts to come in school.”

 

“of course! Oh my, she is so pitiful.” Then the three laughed.

 

Then suddenly soohee entered the room. The three girls shut their mouth immediately.

 

“hi soohee.”

 

“what are you doing here?” soohee asked them with her most irritated look.

 

“nothing.”

 

“nothing? Get out. Only authorized people are allowed to stay here.” Soohee said meanly.

 

“okay. We will get out. Let’s go girls.” Then they went out the room but she heard their laughed at her back.

 

Soohee held the side of the table. She needs something to lean on before her whole body fully weaken.

 

Is that true? Is jaejoong just fooling her? She doesn’t know what to believe. Her heart is thorned because what she just heard. This girls are really a chatboxer and she was their favorite topic. But they are not liars. Especially that girl who said that about jaejoong and his friends. ‘am I only fooled by jaejoong? By any chance, did jaejoong just make her fall in love with him because of their bet?

---

 

50 missed calls

50 messages received

 

Jaejoong already calling her and flooding her of messages but none of this messages were answered back. Instead, soohee turned off her phone.

 

She decided to go home since she knew she couldn’t concentrate at school. Thoughts keep haunting her and she doesn’t know what to believe. She needed space and a moment think everything. She needed time to analyze everything whether jaejoong loves her really or not.

 

She walked along their big house back and forth from the living room to the upstairs. That’s what she does when she had a problem to think of she is bothered with something. No one will disturbed her or will tell her to stop since they already knew her very well. Her mom was having a meeting inside the library and still not know that she was home.

 

She just came from upstairs when she met at the living room their business partners. She bowed at them and then she went straight at the library. This time she really need someone to talk with about her thoughts.

 

Just exactly when she was in front of the library, she heard her mom laughed. ‘oh, she still talking with somebody else.’ She thought. She was going to step away from the library when she heard her mom’s friend speaks.

 

“your daughter is one of a tough girl. How did you make her follow you?”

 

“easy, I pretended that I am sick.” Then her mom laughed again. “remember when I was hospitalized?”

 

“you mean, that’s only an act? Oh! I thought it was real.”

 

“of course not. I only want my daughter followed me so I pretended that I was sick. I even paid the doctor for my act. And I have no regret of doing it. see how my daughter now.”

 

“I see. But I cant believe that you did it with your own daughter. If she knew about this, I am sure she will get angry.”

 

“that’s why she shouldn’t know about this. Anyways, you better go now. Your phone keeps ringing. I am sure that’s your husband.”

 

“surely. Okay I’ll go now.”

 

And even before soohee could hide herself, the door opened and her mom and her friend saw her.

 

“soohee!” her mom uttered. Suddenly she looked nervous. “a-are there for a long time?”

 

“yes, mom. And I heard everyting.” It was just a whispered but she knew her mom and her friend heard it. she was looking down.

 

“I think I have to go now. Bye, mrs. Song. Bye s-soohee.” her mother friend said.

 

“s-soohee, daughter, I… i… let me explain, soohee.” her mother startled.

 

“explain what, mom?” she asked coldly. Then she lifted her face and looked at her mom. “mom, I love you so much. I love you that when I heard that you was hospitalized and when I saw you in the hospital, I was so afraid that I might lose you.” She said then sighed deeply.

 

“soohee…” mrs. Song will going to hold her but she immediately step back.

 

“don’t touch me.” She said in a low but strong voice. “I don’t understand why. My dad couldn’t love me. Jaejoong just love me because of their bet, and you mom… you all betray me. Why are you doing this to me?” that’s when soohee started to cry. Her tears welled up on her eyes down to her cheeks non-stop. “I don’t understand why for all of the people, it was me. Why does it have to be me? I am one of the good person here in earth, why does it have to be me?” soohee’s knee weaken and she fell from the floor sitting.

 

“I am sorry.” Mrs. Song said then hugged her daughter.